Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2004-03-11, 16:45   Link #1
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Vulkar's Webcomic sharing thread :)

I just started a webcomic (drawn four pages so far) with a couple of my friends and like a lot of the other comic artists who frequent the forums I thought I'd set up a thread to share a page with you guys every once and a while. No, I'm not spamming, I'm just really enthusiastic about this project so I figured I'd share a bit of my art. While it's not anime styled, I am a fan, and this is art, so I'll put it in the fanart forum.

This is the first page I've ever done of a webcomic so I'm excited. I figured I'd share this one not because the art is particularly fantastic but because it's a milestone! Though the credit for colorist says someone else, I had to fill in for the colorist due to some technical difficulties on this and a few other pages. I told him to leave the name cuz I didn't want to give him an excuse to off-load the job of coloring to me in addition to penciling and inking. The art could've been better, but I'm still very satisfied with it. What do you guys think? Opinions? Comments?

Last edited by Vulkar; 2004-07-31 at 19:05.
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-11, 17:17   Link #2
gizmo
Monenenenee!

weird.. drawings are quite nice, exept for the tears. They flow at the wrong direction.
But it's not bad.
gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 00:27   Link #3
::faze
<3 Scrapped Princess

Best of luck with the comic project! They are really time consuming, but it gives a good sense of satisfaction when you stick to it As for the page, I think the color scheme was a nice choice, it gives it a dark mood to the story. The caption "Scotland" would look better in another colour. Since you probably want to keep it consistent throughout the comic, you'll want to use a less active colour. I think another font could be used as well, but the caption isn't a big deal, so it's not really anything to worry about.

About the art, it's looking nice so far. As you go along, you'll want to use some more dynamic angles. These will help give your comic a sense of action rather than just a set of sequential frames. There are a lot of other things to pay attention to like page layout, text positioning, etc. but I dont really know much about how to draw comics and I dont want to drag on I hope these comments were helpful. Once again, good luck and have fun!
::faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 13:58   Link #4
Demon_Spawn67
Kain

style is a lil weird cuz of the exocution of teh drawing but great work for a webcomic hell even a comic teh style u using i have seen a lot in some of my older comics that i have ((i.e. Alien VS. Predetor))

good style if you doing a real serious or scary comic^^

keep up the good work and work on ur realism/animated style
Demon_Spawn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 17:12   Link #5
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::faze
Best of luck with the comic project! They are really time consuming, but it gives a good sense of satisfaction when you stick to it
Thanks for your kind encouragement. Yeah, I've realized it's a lot of work, but for some reason, I'm really enjoying myself doing this project. It's a lot of fun and it is quite enjoyable. I really surprised myself with how much fun I'm having with this.

Quote:
The caption "Scotland" would look better in another colour. Since you probably want to keep it consistent throughout the comic, you'll want to use a less active colour. I think another font could be used as well, but the caption isn't a big deal, so it's not really anything to worry about.
Good point. It does seem a bit too active now that you mention it, not terribly jarring or anything though. I'll definitely mention it to the letterer.

Quote:
About the art, it's looking nice so far. As you go along, you'll want to use some more dynamic angles. These will help give your comic a sense of action rather than just a set of sequential frames. There are a lot of other things to pay attention to like page layout, text positioning, etc. but I dont really know much about how to draw comics and I dont want to drag on I hope these comments were helpful. Once again, good luck and have fun!
Yeah, I felt the same way about the things you've mentioned. As I've done later pages, I've tried some more dynamic layouts. Work on this type of project is still pretty new to me, but I'm thrilled because everytime I do a page, I learn about 5 different things. With each passing page, the work keeps improving.
Old 2004-03-18, 08:38   Link #6
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Page 4

This is the fourth page of the comic. I figured I'd put it up because it turned out so well. Much better than the first page, I think. While I'm still not satisfied with the bottom left panel, I think the other panels are drawn well enough. This is also the last page that I filled in as colorist on. It's so good to not have to color the drawings as well as pencil and ink them anymore. I can just concentrate on drawing and send 'em out, nothing more! woohoo. Well, I hope you enjoy this picture, and please give me some comments.

Last edited by Vulkar; 2004-07-31 at 19:06.
Old 2004-03-18, 08:47   Link #7
.gaara
i'm in love --- :O

lol weird story. fun to read though
.gaara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 16:33   Link #8
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Wow. I figured it's been a while (since March) that I posted an update on my project so I figure I'm about due. I'm posting page 16 of my comic and a character design I did as a filler page.

Wow. 16 pages later. I'd like to think I'm improving a bit. I think everything looks a bit more polished. What do you guys think? Oh! An important note: I filled in as colorist on this page too. So, I penciled, inked, and colored it. So, all the pages I've put up were colored by me so far. Not sure if that matters, but I figured I'd tell you guys. So, if any cg'ers have any techniques/tips, feel free to throw 'em out.

This is a filler page I made for the character design of an upcoming character. Turned out alright. Didn't ink it though. I just used pencil and threw some color on it. Turned out ok.

edit: whoa. weird background. I didn't realize the website background was part of the image. oh well.

Last edited by Vulkar; 2004-07-31 at 19:11.
Old 2004-07-31, 19:20   Link #9
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Ok guys. Lemme update you on what's been happening with my comic project.

Ok first of all. I finished up issue #1. We printed it. Here's a snapshot for all you people. To say the least I'm enthusiastic about it!

Yes, that's my luxurious rug.
Spoiler:

And here are two of the more recent pages of the second issue.

I'm going to make this my primary art thread. So...I'll probably post up some old drawings of mine. (non-comic related) in the next few days.
Old 2004-08-01, 00:17   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Wow, you really are into this. Well congradulations on your comic and keep up the good work. I think this is great what you're doing. I've been doing my own for several months and I know how hard it is.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 01:09   Link #11
Raxial
CG / Color

Send a message via AIM to Raxial
ooh, how'd you get it printed?
Raxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-04, 21:32   Link #12
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxial
ooh, how'd you get it printed?
we took it down to the local print shop and the used their digital laser printer to do it. The cover is made of card stock.

Ok, here's some work of mine that's non-comic related like I promised.

This is some FMA fan art I did.

Spoiler:

This is the colored version. First thing I ever colored in the computer.
Spoiler:

Hellsing Made up character for team collab. He almost looks like a character from Jubei-chan 2. The colored version can be found in Forsaken102's art gallery. It's ten times cooler colored!
Spoiler:

This one is a self-portrait I did for a class. Done during a very happy time in my life. Not really fanart but who's counting?!
Spoiler:

This is figure drawing for the same class. Warning: Artistic Nudity. Stay away prudes!

Spoiler:

That's all for now. I'm hoping to find some time soon. I've been itching to draw Madlax...cuz she's awesome.