AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-05-12, 00:10   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 494 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Chapter out...

Quote:
-More on A and B’s past…

-The Hachibi's history in Kumo is fucked up. There have been multiple Hachibi Jinchuuriki, and they all go insane and start destroying the village. The Jinchuuriki often kill many Kumo shinobi before they are "put down" and and the Hachibi is resealed in another host.

-Motoi hates the Hachibi since his father was one of the many who died trying to reseal the Bijuu. When Kirabi, once a great friend of Motoi's, was chosen to become the next Jinchuuriki, Motoi sought to avenge his father's death by hoping that killing Kirabi would also kill the Hachibi. He hid his face and attempted to stab B in the back, but he failed and ran away. Motoi hasn't talked to B since...

-Motoi reveals that he is trying to help Naruto as a way of relieving himself of the guilt he feels towards trying to kill his best friend.

-Naruto, leaving in a huff, reflects on B's past, and flashbacks to his own past as well as Gaara's...

-Meanwhile, Motoi gets attacked by the Squid () from earlier. B saves him, and Motoi apologizes....

Last edited by james0246; 2010-05-19 at 07:32.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 00:49   Link #2
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Kisame does something (possibly something interesting)
I bet he picked his nose and left a trail for Zetsu, it's the most logical thing to do in sword form!
Quote:
More on A and B’s past…
Is Naruto the only jinchuuriki (we know of) who was spared the assassination attempts and exile by his village? At any rate, I can't imagine the killing part from the previous chapter being by Raikage's orders, but it would be too cliche to have an anti-Bee faction...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 01:02   Link #3
james0246

^Don't worry, Kishimoto will retcon Naruto's past soon enough, and show Naruto being constantly beaten and harassed. Why? Cause otherwise Naruto's hatred will seem a little silly (why is it so powerful if the worst that has ever happened to him is a little loneliness?).
Old 2010-05-12, 01:09   Link #4
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Sigh I'm actually more interested in Naruto and his "jedi" training. The thing with Kisame is just so uninteresting.
Old 2010-05-12, 02:12   Link #5
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is Naruto the only jinchuuriki (we know of) who was spared the assassination attempts and exile by his village?
Better yet how do we know that this hasn't happened, it's not like we've a lot of information regarding Naruto's life prior to the series.
Old 2010-05-12, 04:36   Link #6
Casshern

I think the only one to try and kill Naruto from konoha was that chuunin who wanted the kage bunshin scroll.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 06:01   Link #7
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I think Naruto's the "best of a bad bunch" type of situation - it wasnt exactly fun, but wasnt could have been alot worse. He considers himself to have a had a good turnout, got friends etc - which is why he tries to preach to the others, Garaa etc.

That said, I don't think Naruto would have had any assassination attempts from the villagers, the Sandaime Hokage seemed to have put him under some bubble of protection for shit like that to happen. I mean, noone talked about the Kyuubi through his childhood :s
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 08:06   Link #8
james0246

Changed the OP spoiler to indicate more accurate information. Chapter seems to be all flashback...
Old 2010-05-12, 09:12   Link #9
tkdtiger

You know for the spoilers there is a way around it at least in the U.S. Summaries of things like movies and books are completely legal. I guess there might be an issue if it was brought out early than it should be, but if it comes out earlier in one country than in the U.S. it's fair game to talk about...

Summarizing a book for example wouldn't hold up in a U.S. Court, unless of course it meets specific things. For example a book is supposed to be released on Monday, but a person posts a summary of a book two weeks prior, than that person could possibly be held responsible. Than lets say that the book was released three weeks ago in Britain and wasn't to be released in the U.S. until monday, but the person in the U.S. posts a summary based on a book he received in Britain, than he no longer can be held responsible. It should be noted though that many book sellers make an agreement that they will not release information on a book until it's release so it's not normally going to be a copy-right issue with summaries. Full scripts of a comic-book or manga though could be a copy-right issue...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 09:15   Link #10
kitten320

Who is A and B 0_o
Old 2010-05-12, 09:16   Link #11
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
A is the Raikage, and B is short for Bee, his little brother. ^^
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 09:21   Link #12
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Summarizing a book for example wouldn't hold up in a U.S. Court, unless of course it meets specific things. For example a book is supposed to be released on Monday, but a person posts a summary of a book two weeks prior, than that person could possibly be held responsible. Than lets say that the book was released three weeks ago in Britain and wasn't to be released in the U.S. until monday, but the person in the U.S. posts a summary based on a book he received in Britain, than he no longer can be held responsible. It should be noted though that many book sellers make an agreement that they will not release information on a book until it's release so it's not normally going to be a copy-right issue with summaries. Full scripts of a comic-book or manga though could be a copy-right issue...
Actually, we get the spoilers and chapters early (compared to the people who actually buy Shounen Jump). So, we're like your first example, which you found to be possibly responsible, and not the second .

That being said, the spoiler seems to be lacking mostly because the spoiler provider found the chapter to be very dull and unmemorable.
Old 2010-05-12, 09:39   Link #13
Biggie Smallz
Banned

God I wish Sasuke was back.
Biggie Smallz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 09:57   Link #14
james0246

^Sasuke is just wandering out right now. He is seeing the world through EMS eyes, and slowly labeling everything he likes or hates. Butterflies? Hate. Cereal? Hate. Donuts? Hate. Door Knobs? Hate. Ad inifinitum...

Seriously though, Sasuke's story, besides the conclusion, is over. All that is left is his redemption and maybe a fight or two to show off some of his new powers. So, we have to focus on Naruto as he tries to develop a means of actually addressing Sasuke's hate...that is the story now.
Old 2010-05-12, 10:04   Link #15
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Sasuke is just wandering out right now. He is seeing the world through EMS eyes, and slowly labeling everything he likes or hates. Butterflies? Hate. Cereal? Hate. Donuts? Hate. Door Knobs? Hate. Ad inifinitum...

Seriously though, Sasuke's story, besides the conclusion, is over. All that is left is his redemption and maybe a fight or two to show off some of his new powers. So, we have to focus on Naruto as he tries to develop a means of actually addressing Sasuke's hate...that is the story now.
thats right... sasuke's story has ended and we need a new character focus...... kakashi anyone??
Old 2010-05-12, 11:23   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie Smallz View Post
Seriously?.....
<-- my expression when reading your post.
Old 2010-05-12, 12:00   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
God I wish Naruto was interesting.
Fixed, Naruto chapters have seemed kind of bland lately since Pain died.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:14   Link #18
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Meh I wish the jyuubi would be released already. Massive ownage!!!
Old 2010-05-12, 12:47   Link #19
Ero-Senn1n

I don't understand all this crap about trying to kill the demon hosts. It's like a country that has nuclear bombs begins to kick and hit the bombs because they hate nuclear bombs. Don't they expect that the bombs will explode? Don't they fear that the demon gets free and rapes the entire village? That doesn't make sense, it's a dumbass move not to respect and care for the one who acts as a cage for the demon. If logic applied to these ninja villages then at least one of the villages would have been already destroyed by a demon that broke free. They are fucking ninjas who are supposed to be "tools", which means they have to care about the demon host even if they hate the host, because that is how they serve their village.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-12, 12:59   Link #20
Hanzoman
Banned

Quote:
These chapters are literally torturing aren't they... I have nothing against Naruto, save for him being so uninteresting. These chapters are so boring, and I'm really annoyed we have to sit through another training arc to watch him and those squinted eyes being confused when getting an explanation.

I'd much rather see some Kabuto, or some other interesting character. Instead we have to watch these two buffoons rap and run around acting stupid, then sit through yet ANOTHER training arc for Naruto while he struggles to comprehend how to do something new. And don't give me that "traditional shounen" crap james (j/k ), this is too damn boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Seriously?.....
<-- my expression when reading your post.
Yeah it must be pretty shocking to read that on these forums, since noone here seems to have the ability to actually like both of the characters, if you like one, you must hate the other it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Fixed, Naruto chapters have seemed kind of bland lately since Pain died.
Tell me about it... But I like to consider that arc Pein's arc ( ) , because hell, he was like 90% of what made it so awsome.
Hanzoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion