View Single Post
Old 2010-04-08, 08:00   Link #377
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Warners Makes 7-Figure Spec Deal For Japanese Novel 'All You Need Is Kill'
Spoiler:

This is certainly a good news to the light novel community in the English-speaking world. I have been hearing many positive comments about the novel, included it in my previous batch of orders and am about to start reading it. Having an English translated version readily available is also a bonus too. Hopefully it can serve as a starting point for anime fans and readers in general to get into the realm of Japanese light novels.

Now we just need to wait for the live-action of Yukikaze with Topgun-class visuals.

(Btw has anyone read the latest book of the Yukikaze series? I've heard that it is more about philosophical stuff and much less weight is put on planes and dogfights, and am not sure if I'll be interested in it...)

In other news (not extremely recent actually...), PHP Institute, which is responsible for publishing many of the moe textbooks in the market, has entered the light novel field and started the Smash Bunko. I haven't read any of its works so far, but the general consensus towards its lineup appears to be (1) relatively cheap price; (2) many illustrations when compared to the norm of light novels; (3) attention to fanservice
Spoiler for Smash Bunko Lineup: