AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-10-04, 20:32   Link #21
Jameel11435

i like the 2nd hokage the most because his mastering of water jutsu...but the 4th hokage owns...for real
Jameel11435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:37   Link #22
BlackShinobi07

So far the fourth is the greatest Hokage. No doubt about it. The 3rd himself stated that during the chunin exam arc.

On a side note:
Does anyone know how long the 4th reigned as hokage?

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2007-10-04 at 21:37.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 20:42   Link #23
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
i hope he did not die on his first day on the job.
Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 21:05   Link #24
tatami
back in black

who knows...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 22:15   Link #25
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
ok read carefully.

hokage : strongest nin in village. (not the most powerfull or the smartest)
3 rd hokage: professor
4 th hokage: minato

so 4 comes after 3 yes?
3rd was still alive when 4th became hokage yes?

that makes 4th stronger then 3rd.period.

their prime's are out of discussion cuz there is no answer to that.
It's still based on interpretation. I mean you can find things that support both sides ranging as one already mentioned what the databook said about the third, to what Oro. said about the third and to what the third said about the 4th and how ever one decides to interpret the discussion between Jiraiya and Tsunada. As for their prime being out of the question I think it's impossible to compare the two if you compare on in their prime and refuse to compare the other to when he was in his prime. I mean think about it would it make sense to compare a person who's in their prime to a person who is no longer in their prime. It's like comparing an Ali now to Mayweather Jr. in his his prime it wouldn't be a fair comparison.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 23:16   Link #26
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
It's still based on interpretation. I mean you can find things that support both sides ranging as one already mentioned what the databook said about the third, to what Oro. said about the third and to what the third said about the 4th and how ever one decides to interpret the discussion between Jiraiya and Tsunada. As for their prime being out of the question I think it's impossible to compare the two if you compare on in their prime and refuse to compare the other to when he was in his prime. I mean think about it would it make sense to compare a person who's in their prime to a person who is no longer in their prime. It's like comparing an Ali now to Mayweather Jr. in his his prime it wouldn't be a fair comparison.
no you cannot support ideas based on what people said in manga/anime.they are all that characters ideas and truths. if oro said he was the strongest then he became strongest?no of course. if oro said 3rd was only an old hag and we will consider him as old hag?

about prime thing: not enough facts for both 4th and 3rd. you can analyse ali and mayweather jr. stats, re watch their matches , compare their strength according to their working programme and so. you have records of those two.

to make a comparision you have to have facts.some recordings,data and stuff to be able to compare.

3rd vs 4th..what will you compare? 3rds prime was only shown(and if its his prime that is) is against oro in his lair with doing nothing...4ths prime was against kyuubi.another data is kakashi gaiden but then again absolutely nothing is shown about 4th.only his jutsu.

we have never seen them in a real fight in their prime...oro said 4th was muffin and godaime said 3rd was sweet.

now compare that.
Old 2007-10-04, 23:58   Link #27
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
no you cannot support ideas based on what people said in manga/anime.they are all that characters ideas and truths. if oro said he was the strongest then he became strongest?no of course. if oro said 3rd was only an old hag and we will consider him as old hag?

about prime thing: not enough facts for both 4th and 3rd. you can analyse ali and mayweather jr. stats, re watch their matches , compare their strength according to their working programme and so. you have records of those two.

to make a comparision you have to have facts.some recordings,data and stuff to be able to compare.

3rd vs 4th..what will you compare? 3rds prime was only shown(and if its his prime that is) is against oro in his lair with doing nothing...4ths prime was against kyuubi.another data is kakashi gaiden but then again absolutely nothing is shown about 4th.only his jutsu.

we have never seen them in a real fight in their prime...oro said 4th was muffin and godaime said 3rd was sweet.

now compare that.
Again it's the interpetation of the content as to who is stronger as the manga and the databook seems to give conflicting information that goes both ways. I'm just saying that people who claim it as fact that the 4th is the strongest and those who say the 3rd is the strongest as a matter of fact is actually only stating their opinion. Since the two never fought each other and we haven't seen much of either do anything we just don't have enough information to come up with a more accurate picture. Your right we can only compare what we have seen and heard, but it's frivolous to compare them without comparing them both in their Prime, and therefore I think it's logical to say that it's impossible to know exactly who is stronger and it'll wind up being purely speculation and personal opinion.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-05, 04:43   Link #28
tatami
back in black

exactly.
Old 2007-10-05, 04:49   Link #29
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

My personal opinion is the 4th was the strongest Hokage. Knowing what little we do, combined with the high regard in which he was held by the 3rd, I think the message Minato is the best has been well supported. However, you can't knock a guy who was called the professor...it takes a long time and a lot of hard work to earn that nickname. In a battle, I'd probably choose the 3rd over the 4th but, when it comes to sheer raw power ("Your best" jutsu vs. "My best" jutsu), I'd have to go with the 4th.
Old 2007-10-05, 08:18   Link #30
RonaldC

The First. He was the founder of Konoha and beat Uchiha Madara
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 10:35   Link #31
koorosaiko

in my opinion of the greatest hokage i think is yondaime and naruto altho naruto is not hokage yet i beleive there gonna make him the best yet i mean cmon with the jinchuriki inside him and all he might be able to even master it.
koorosaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 10:40   Link #32
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

the greatest hokage got by the 4 hokage
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:04   Link #33
Medalist
Infie
*Fansubber

Last I checked The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th hokages are dead now aren't they?

Amen.
Medalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:26   Link #34
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

yap they are but they are stronger then 5 hokage
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:31   Link #35
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by koorosaiko View Post
in my opinion of the greatest hokage i think is yondaime and naruto altho naruto is not hokage yet i beleive there gonna make him the best yet i mean cmon with the jinchuriki inside him and all he might be able to even master it.
He wont become hokage. I mean come on, look at him. Does he really have the potential? Next will be Kakashi, then Shikamaru.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 11:32   Link #36
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

It is really hard to say.

It is true that the 4th sacrificed himself to seal Kyuubi; but look at people like Madara who is rumoured to actually summon/control Kyuubi; or even Pein who has a device that is capable of sealing any demon without huge loss. It is also hinted that the 1st can also suppress demons as seen by Yamato.

The 3rd thinks highly of the 4th; but the 3rd thinks even higher of Orochimaru.

We never really saw the 3rd or the 4th fighting seriously; but one could think of the 4th employing a fighting style combining Sasuke/Naruto traits (sasuke's speed and finesse, naruto's raw power and rasengen) while the 3rd using a hyped up version of Kakusu fighting style of multi-elemental jutsus in their prime. Both are also capable of using summons as well.

Then we have to consider weaknesses as well.

Madara beaten by the 1st who was made as a joke by Orochimaru who was owned by Hanzou who got annihilated by Pein who is following Madara.
Old 2007-10-20, 14:30   Link #37
inyourmamabed
Yourmama

2nd hokage hands down
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 21:57   Link #38
SeeThruAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
On a side note:
Does anyone know how long the 4th reigned as hokage?
I just read it somewhere but probably just a year, almost.
SeeThruAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 12:28   Link #39
ChojinLocke
Year 2
*Author

The new generation surpasses the old.

Based on that: The Fourth was the strongest.

But the greatest does not have to be the strongest so the greatest must be the First since he founded the village of Konoha.

Last edited by ChojinLocke; 2007-10-22 at 13:16. Reason: greatest hokage
ChojinLocke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-22, 14:21   Link #40
Davitz
Stupid Monkeys!

Send a message via MSN to Davitz
i rewatched some sandaime vs orochimaru battle today and noticed sometihing i didnt when i first watched it,
that third coffin on the summoning : resuurection to the impure world technique used by orochimaru, and that was that he tried so hard to stop it, then it hit me, it would of been the fourth...
then he would of been doomed, i was just thinking how cool it would of been to see him in action against sandaime lol
Davitz is offline   Reply With Quote