Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-21, 23:24   Link #2261
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Isn't that a reference from a filler ep?
Old 2008-03-21, 23:26   Link #2262
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirali1985 View Post
Isn't that a reference from a filler ep?
Huh NO check ep 147 <flashabck> . It comes in ep 146 at 18.10 also in ep 147 2.52 <flashback>

Old 2008-03-21, 23:27   Link #2263
Amirali
Banned

Whoops, my bad. Ok, got it. Thanks Geta!

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-03-22 at 00:36.
Old 2008-03-21, 23:44   Link #2264
deadroot

Location: Apartment, the home where I hide, away from all the darkness outside
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So, how much are you willing to bet, if I can find just ONE example? If you're so confident.
This bet is just nonsensical and pointless. You should always back up your points with examples and not just make assumptions.
Old 2008-03-21, 23:45   Link #2265
Marsala
Delurker

That's what I was referring to, though it may be in chapter 248. Rukia asked Ichigo if they were nakama, and Ichigo said, "Yeah, you're right," but only after a rather disappointed look.
Old 2008-03-21, 23:48   Link #2266
deadroot

You were right before about the scene being in chapter 247.
Old 2008-03-21, 23:52   Link #2267
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
That's what I was referring to, though it may be in chapter 248. Rukia asked Ichigo if they were nakama, and Ichigo said, "Yeah, you're right"
Chapter 247, page 11 and 12. Here it is:
Spoiler for size/ chapter 247, start of HM arc: fight with sand hollow:

He doesn't look disappointed to me :S......in fact that goofy grin on his face in the second page is positively disturbing. He didn't smile like that when Chad and Ishida were socking him to remind him of their friendship. I guess he was amused to see Rukia's embarrassment.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-03-22 at 00:05.
Old 2008-03-22, 00:17   Link #2268
coco_nuttie
Anti-Azn Fetish

Send a message via AIM to coco_nuttie
Quote:
He doesn't look disappointed to me :S......in fact that goofy grin on his face in the second page is positively disturbing. He didn't smile like that when Chad and Ishida were socking him to remind him of their friendship. I guess he was amused to see Rukia's embarrassment.
Disturbing yes cuz it's Ichigo....but quite cute as well don't you agree? ^^

And even cuter if he was smiling at Rukia's embarrassment
Old 2008-03-22, 00:24   Link #2269
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:

He looked disappointed or hesitant right after Rukia asked the question; look at his face (very similar to when Rukia told him that she was staying in Soul Society) and especially the focus on his downturned mouth in the next panel. Kubo often focuses on characters' mouths before they say something not quite honest.

Ichigo looks goofy after Rukia tells him not to make her say such ridiculous things again, which shows that for Rukia, even asking if they were friends was too disgustingly mushy for her.

Renji's expression is interesting, too. Renji is pointedly looking away from Rukia and Ichigo when she asks the question and on the page before, while Rukia was giving her lecture. It's a rather unnatural thing to do, unless he felt uncomfortable watching Rukia and Ichigo together or wanted to give them some privacy.
Old 2008-03-22, 00:43   Link #2270
coco_nuttie
Anti-Azn Fetish

I'm not really sure if Ichigo looked dissappointed. More like Rukia is putting some sense in his head, re-assuring Rukia and Renji are his friends. Then again, I don't know why the separate panel making a close up of his mouth was needed if that was the only case. Hmm. Interesting.
Old 2008-03-22, 02:38   Link #2271
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I only said what I said, cause everyone knows he refers to everyone in the group as his nakama, Its irritating when people feign ignorance for no valid reason other than to satisfy themselves.

In reference to that once scene. Ichigo doesn't want any of the "weaklings" along with him, he doesn't want them to be put in danger. I like how no one is showing the pages before Rukia is saying they are friends. But, whatever, right?
Old 2008-03-22, 09:08   Link #2272
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Ichigo looks goofy after Rukia tells him not to make her say such ridiculous things again, which shows that for Rukia, even asking if they were friends was too disgustingly mushy for her.
You know, Rukia was asking if Ichigo considered herself and Renji namaka right? I don't think Ichigo hesitated because he was reluctant to admit anything, the question was about two people.

Quote:
Renji's expression is interesting, too. Renji is pointedly looking away from Rukia and Ichigo when she asks the question and on the page before, while Rukia was giving her lecture. It's a rather unnatural thing to do, unless he felt uncomfortable watching Rukia and Ichigo together or wanted to give them some privacy.
No, because like you said, Rukia's lecture was about mushy stuff like friendship and feelings and Renji is too manly to partcipate in a conversation like that. (though he was more than happy to participate in the beating before that) Renji's not going to admit out loud that he and Ichigo are friends, but Rukia was speaking on the behalf of herself and Renji though, the comment wasn't exclusively about their personal relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
In reference to that once scene. Ichigo doesn't want any of the "weaklings" along with him, he doesn't want them to be put in danger. I like how no one is showing the pages before Rukia is saying they are friends. But, whatever, right?
Are you talking about the Renji/Rukia tag team? That was hailarious...

Old 2008-03-22, 09:19   Link #2273
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol, Renji, Rukia, Chad, Ishida, all of them are "weaklings", we all know Ichigo thinks that they are weak, the only real power houses are Ichigo, the Captains and the Vizards.
Old 2008-03-22, 10:20   Link #2274
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
I only said what I said, cause everyone knows he refers to everyone in the group as his nakama, Its irritating when people feign ignorance for no valid reason other than to satisfy themselves.
It's not feigning ignorance. Ichigo really doesn't refer to Rukia specifically as a nakama, and she has been said to be more than just a nakama by Orihime.
Quote:
Wrong again. Ichigo was thrilled when Rukia and Renji showed up. Ichigo tried to tell Ishida and Chad not to come when they were still in Urahara's basement.
Old 2008-03-22, 10:23   Link #2275
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Thrilled? care to share some of whatever it is you're smoking? If he was so thrilled, Rukia wouldn't have to yell at him, trying to convince him that they're there to help him cause they're friends.
Old 2008-03-22, 11:04   Link #2276
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Thrilled? care to share some of whatever it is you're smoking? If he was so thrilled, Rukia wouldn't have to yell at him, trying to convince him that they're there to help him cause they're friends.
Go read it again. Ichigo looked overjoyed to see them, but, to his great surprise, they hit him. They did this because Ichigo went to Hueco Mundo without waiting for them, and they (particularly Rukia) were hurt that Ichigo didn't believe that they would be able to join him. Personally I'm on Ichigo's side; it would have been unrealistic for him to expect Rukia and Renji to escape from Soul Society and join him anytime soon, especially since they managed to do so only with the astonishing assistance of Byakuya.
Old 2008-03-22, 12:01   Link #2277
deadroot

Quote:
Well he wasn't exactly "thrilled" but more so just happy to see them. Its on pages 7 and 8 of chapter 247. It shows him jumping off Bawabawa right away and greeting them with a smile and "you guys"
Old 2008-03-22, 13:57   Link #2278
coco_nuttie
Anti-Azn Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadroot View Post
Well he wasn't exactly "thrilled" but more so just happy to see them. Its on pages 7 and 8 of chapter 247. It shows him jumping off Bawabawa right away and greeting them with a smile and "you guys"
Wasn't that cute? I love it when Ichigo does surprising things like that
Old 2008-03-22, 15:08   Link #2279
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Spoiler for size/ chapter 247, start of HM arc: fight with sand hollow:

Spoiler for some manga spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco_nuttie View Post
Wasn't that cute? I love it when Ichigo does surprising things like that
Give Ichigo some credit he does love his friends and he can't always control his feelings and be broody all the time
Old 2008-03-22, 15:25   Link #2280
coco_nuttie
Anti-Azn Fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
Give Ichigo some credit he does love his friends and he can't always control his feelings and be broody all the time
I know ^^. And that's why I find those moments cute

Well now I'm all the way up to date with Bleach and I still feel the same about IchiHime. The only thing that's really changed for me is I like the idea of NelIchi now XD. Just for comedic purposes of course ^^. The boy is such a closet pervert.
Closed Thread