Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-18, 11:55   Link #4101
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I consider it translation
People translate from one language to another language. They don't translate if both of them are in the same language.

It's called 'interpretation'....but in your case, it's 'deliberate twisting' not longer interpretation' anymore.

You go from....
Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
Isn't it obvious? It wouldn't be ranting about how bad Orihime is incomparable to Rukia(jealous, weak, unequal, emo), her lackings, therefore for sure Ichigo is going to pick Rukia over Orihime. Like as if Kubo Tite would do that, making one female character to be better than the other female character, just for the sake of true pairing.
to
Quote:
Isn't it obvious? It wouldn't be ranting about how bad Orihime is incomparable<--So you think she's incomparable? I didn't say that you did. to Rukia(jealous, weak, unequal, emo), her lackings, <---Funny Orihime lovers say the same thing about Rukia

therefore for sure Ichigo is going to pick Rukia over Orihime<--Er...No.We say that because they actually have a relationship. We don't pick one-sided moments or dreams because Ichigo was on the same page. we see them as a pairing. . .

Like as if Kubo Tite would do that,<--He did. making one female character to be better thanthe other female character, just for the sake of true pairing.
by inserting in your own(red) lines just so as to change the whole context. A total of one short paragraph, changed into three shorter paragraphs, thanks to your 'red' insertion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD
I never said Orihime is incomparable to Rukia. As a matter a fact I keep saying You have to compare the two. That is how you see Orihime ends up with the short end of the Ichigo stick.
For you to assume I think she's incomparable, means you had to be thinking it too or else it would never have crossed your mind.
Read my original text, the one that isn't tampered by you......if YOU still cannot understand what I'm trying to say......it's clear that YOU would see it IchiKiai all through, even if Kubo Tite were to come out with a statement, Ichigo and Orihime are to have one blanket one night scenario omake.

Quote:
He did ...meant KT does make it obvious he prefers one pair over the other.
Soooo.....you like to debate with the IchiHime fans in a speculation as to which girl Kubo Tite likes it better, hence which Ichigo pairing Kubo Tite's going to end up with?

I thought you mentioned something like.....

Quote:

Ichigo is my FAVORITE! If you wouldn't ignored most of my posts HT you would have seen me say...I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ROOT FOR. I find this intriguing because IchiRuki as plain as the nose on your face. It boggles my mind that people cannot see the obvious. What's more than obvious is the fact that Inoue's feelings have not been and will not be reciprocated. I hate her character BUT I NEVER SAW HER AS A THREAT. I debate because...I LIKE TO DEBATE!!! And I am trying to understand how people could think she has a chance. It's mind blowing. I don't feel sorry for her because in life EVERYONE YOU LOVE IS NOT GOING TO LOVE YOU BACK.
.....the bolded and the underlined.

Why should you need to compare her, Orihime to Rukia, when you mention about not seeing Orihime as a threat?

You say, your hating Orihime's character has nothing to do with IchiKiai pairing shipping.....that all these weakpoints, Orihime's pairing that you mentioned, do not have anything to do with the IchiKiai pairing that you support.

May I remind you then, what you had just said.....
Quote:
I never said Orihime is incomparable to Rukia. As a matter a fact I keep saying You have to compare the two. That is how you see Orihime ends up with the short end of the Ichigo stick.
Quote:
Another thing.. you are trying to get too ill, you are the only one who has been generalizing. You shouldn't make assumptions and call me OD. Drop the BLEACH!

Next time address me as OD...
I can do anything I like, it's my prerogative. I like calling you BleachOD and IchiKiai, not IchiRuki....... and I don't intend to stop doing this at all.

I guess you can't find me being guilty of bashing Rukia's character in defense of Orihime-Ichigo's pairing, the way you do, can you? Most of my posts are more to defending Orihime's character and translation(mis/not), than others.

Last edited by asam_laksa; 2008-05-18 at 12:29.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:03   Link #4102
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I want to make a longer post, but this laptop is having memory issues, so till I get home, I'll make this one short.

OD, you say Orihime falls short in comparison to Rukia? Ok, lets do a comparison.

Orihime:
Pros:
Beautiful (despite what you or any other Rukia lovers think, the manga has constantly pointed her out to be in a league of her own)
Smart, very smart.
Highly Athletic
Funny
Selflessly Kind Hearted
Caring
Powers of a Goddess

Cons:
Lack of Self Confidence
Odd/Unique taste in food
Too Nice (is there such a thing?)

Rukia:
Pros:
Err...
Kind
Strong Willed
Confident
Caring

Cons:
Body of a ten year old
Phallic shaped head
Overly Confident
Martyr mindset
Only capable of Shikai
Manly voice

So... which one is getting the shit end of the stick again?
Old 2008-05-18, 12:16   Link #4103
asam_laksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I want to make a longer post, but this laptop is having memory issues, so till I get home, I'll make this one short.

OD, you say Orihime falls short in comparison to Rukia? Ok, lets do a comparison.

Orihime:
Pros:
Beautiful (despite what you or any other Rukia lovers think, the manga has constantly pointed her out to be in a league of her own)
Smart, very smart.
Highly Athletic
Funny
Selflessly Kind Hearted
Caring
Powers of a Goddess

Cons:
Lack of Self Confidence
Odd/Unique taste in food
Too Nice (is there such a thing?)

Rukia:
Pros:
Err...
Kind
Strong Willed
Confident
Caring

Cons:
Body of a ten year old
Phallic shaped head
Overly Confident
Martyr mindset
Only capable of Shikai
Manly voice

So... which one is getting the shit end of the stick again?
I think all of the listing, the comparison between Rukia and Orihime are useless, if you do not take into account Ichigo's preferrence or want.

What does Ichigo want in a girl? And what does he think of her, Orihime and Rukia individually?

Only then, you would know which girl ends up with the short end of Ichigo's stick.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:28   Link #4104
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

LoL, Ichigo's stick

Thats the thing isn't it? We have absolutely no idea what Ichigo prefers. If anything I think he has a little bit of a mother complex.
The most we got out of him is wanting to look at boobies., so at the very least he's not a lolicon, lol.

TBH, I could care less about Ichigo, I somewhat agree with others who say that Orihime is too good for Ichigo, but what Hime wants...
Old 2008-05-18, 12:45   Link #4105
asam_laksa

I'll give you a few examples......

Renji.....on Rukia, he sees Rukia as a gentle and femminate woman, despite her showing her boyish outlooks.

Renji thinks Rukia is far away, beyond his reach.....she is a moon, and he is a dog, wild dog howling at the moon.

Ichigo thought Orihime's body is voluptious and sexy enough to lure Kon's attention and loyalty away from Rukia.(Memories in the Rain 1).
Ichigo half-peeping at Matsumoto as she unbuttons her blouse.

Ichigo thought 'babe' is just not enough to call and describe Orihime.

Ichigo wishes for the ability to heal people who are injured.

Ability to make friends easily.....Ichigo admires it in Orihime.

Ichigo said that Orihime AND Ishida being 100x smarter than Ichigo(and we know Ichigo's intelligence is not in the bottom). The next time he commented about Ishida's character is.....Ishida is a weird person, just like Rukia, ie Ishida AND Rukia are both weird people, vampires who suck surrounding reiatsus just to defeat enemies, not like him, Ichigo.

Renji sees Rukia's warrior pride and trusts Rukia as being a capable soldier, despite him having bankai, while Rukia has not yet achieve bankai/lieutenant status.
Old 2008-05-18, 13:26   Link #4106
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Amy corE, your explantion of RealOrihimeshippers is wrong. A true Orhimeshipper doesn't care much about with guy she is ending out with. But about her character, will she grow as a person etc.

Even if I think that there is more chance of OrihimexIchigo now, doesn't mean I am a superduper diehard fan of the pairing. All I want is for her is to be happy.

I was first attracted to Orihime because she has her faults, but is hiding them for everyone else.
Even when I knew that Orihime loves ichigo, I didn't think about a pairing because rukia had the second main role. Rukia was destined to be ichigo's lover at that time.

All I wanted is to see Orihime grow up and her struggles with it. Since ichigo is as dense as wood, his emotions are onesided "Must protect everyone". Boring emo-character. Even naruto is better at emotions than ichigo, and naruto really pisses me of sometimes.
And I also was a rukiafan untill she went to SS to die, man the worthless emo from her pissed me of in the SS arch. I stopped being a rukiafan since then.
Somehow rukia's personalities didn't make any sense to me, she went from a confident, strong person to a whining brat. Kubo really didn't do her well.

And please stop with the Ishida and Aizen pairing with Orihime, it only makes me question your IQ.
I really hate Ishida with his holly quincy attitude, pisses me of. Just accept that what the quincy's did with hollows is dangerous and that your skills are just as good as a shinigami, not better.
What can I say about Aizen, other than that he is destined to become an icecube with the help from iceboy and die. There is no other way for Aizen then to die, he isn't going to became a good guy suddenly.

Finally I understand the feelings of rukiaxichigoshippers, I really do. You thought that you had it in the bag(me to), so to speak of. But nothing happend afterwards, no love confession, no kiss, no hug etc. Eventhough ichigo saw rukia wounded several times, he didn't thought "I love rukia" but "I couldn't protect rukia".
And now it's about Orihime's feeling about ichigo and what are the chances that ichigo turns Orihime down flat, saying that he loves rukia. Not that great, infact 0% comes to mind.
Since Bleach isn't a romance manga, there won't be a lot of romance storylines. So the only romance (so far) must be important to Orihime and ichigo character development.
So all ichigo can say is:
1. he loves Orihime to. 25%
2. he understand Orihime feelings but at this time he cann't give her an answer. 75%

Option 2 gives Kubo another ichigo powerup when ichigo sees Orihime wounded in the SS king arch.
I also find it strange that rukia hasn't gotten bankai yet, maybe she will get it if she sees the person she loves deep down dying. It will probally be Renji, is mine guess.
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Old 2008-05-18, 13:56   Link #4107
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
facepalm

edit: thanks for the rep Morgus and Sinta
Whatever jackass... See if I rep you next time!

Man I'm staying SOOO far away from this useless debate. You kids enjoy yourselves
Old 2008-05-18, 16:30   Link #4108
Ametatsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher View Post
Amy corE, your explantion of RealOrihimeshippers is wrong. A true Orhimeshipper doesn't care much about with guy she is ending out with..
Quote:
And please stop with the Ishida and Aizen pairing with Orihime, it only makes me question your IQ.
Erm...these two statements are compatible how?
Old 2008-05-18, 16:40   Link #4109
Langus
Optimus Prime

^^ BAHAHAHA! The irony in that post was just fantastic.
Old 2008-05-18, 16:49   Link #4110
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Let's be fair here. If he means Aizen x Hime is a crack pairing...........that's compatible with saying an Orihime shipper doesn't care who she ends up with. It's logical to observe that InouZen( aizen with ori) is irrelavent to the discussion, since it will never happen. Even if one doesn't have a partner preference for hime.

That said, Orihida (ori with ishi) might have some relevance in showing Ori better off with someone else. Problem is, they haven't interacted for over a 100 chapters now, so Ishida's also lost any storyline momentum as a credible alternative for Hime.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-05-18 at 17:00.
Old 2008-05-18, 17:09   Link #4111
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

What irony

If Orihime "suddenly" felt in love with Ishida or Aizen, fine by me. It's not like I really like ichigo. But that will never happen. This is a fight manga, not a romance manga, so I will be very suprised to see if Orihime suddenly is in love with someone else.

But all you rukiashippers keep throwing other pairs for Orihime, for no other reason than to "prove" that she can end up with someone other than ichigo. And then you get upset if someone else points out that rukia can end up with renji. I even remembered that someone said that Kaien might have been in love with rukia, just to link rukia with ichigo.

And Ametatsu, those 2 statements aren't compatible with each other, because there 2 different things.
The first one is a definition of a true Orihimeshipper.
The second one is me asking to some people to drop the ishida or aizen pairing. Since like I said will never happen. So it's pointless to discuss or imagine it.
Even if true some miracle storyline, she falls in love with ishida (aizen is a nono, since he will die), I don't mind as long as Orihime is a happy, strong person. But that doesn't mean I have to like the guy.

And Langus, I find the irony in some of your post also fantastic

amirali1985, thank you for your support. I was wondering if mine english was so bad that I couldn't write what I am thinking or that some people can read english but cann't understand it

Old 2008-05-18, 17:23   Link #4112
Ametatsu

Quote:
And Ametatsu, those 2 statements aren't compatible with each other, because there 2 different things.
The first one is a definition of a true Orihimeshipper.
The second one is me asking to some people to drop the ishida or aizen pairing.
Oh, OK. I thought that you defining a true Orihimeshipper and saying they wouldn't mind who she got together with as long as she was happy meant that said true Orihimeshipper wouldn't then dismiss other Hime pairings. (and that you implied you were one)
Apologies for any misunderstanding

Quote:
Since like I said will never happen. So it's pointless to discuss or imagine it.
Even if true some miracle storyline, she falls in love with ishida (aizen is a nono, since he will die), I don't mind as long as Orihime is a happy, strong person. But that doesn't mean I have to like the guy.
I agree Aizen is a nono (die or not, he's out to kill her nakama...a AizenHime relationship is weird Stockholm Syndrome crack...fanfic yes, canon, I think no)

But as for Ishida:
I'm glad you'll accept it if it happens ('cause I staunchly believe it will )
No-one said you have to like Ishida. But you do have to recognize that other people like him, and that a lot of people do see IshiHime as a valid ship. If you want to debate that question, I'll collect you some evidence and we can start an IshiHime debate thread, since this thread title is all about Ichigo pairings, so it would be a bit off-topic here. But I'll not accept it's the sort of crack you can dismiss out of hand.

Quote:
But all you rukiashippers keep throwing other pairs for Orihime, for no other reason than to "prove" that she can end up with someone other than ichigo. And then you get upset if someone else points out that rukia can end up with renji. I even remembered that someone said that Kaien might have been in love with rukia, just to link rukia with ichigo.
DO NOT do the "all you rukiashippers" thing.
It's a horrific generalization.

I shipped IshiHime before IchiRuki, I do NOT ship it for any reason to do with IchiRuki, I ship it because I saw it in the character interaction in the SS arc.
And fyi, I'm quite happy with RenRuki, too. I see it, and I think it's a lovely ship, and I'd be as happy if Rukia ended up with Renji as if she ended up with Ichigo. I just doubt whether it's as likely to end up happening, and until it does, I ship both pairs
Old 2008-05-18, 17:52   Link #4113
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
I'll collect you some evidence
Great, show them to me. We don't have to start a new thread, to much hassle, and it would die out very quickly due to lack of interaction between Orihime and ishida.
Other people have said that Orihime might end up with ishida but they never presented any evidence( or I wasn't reading this thread then).
But I would really like to see the evidence. But it seems unlikely that if Orihime gets turned down by ichigo, that Kubo will make her fall in love with ishida. To much hassle, so to speak of. Even in a romance anime, when a girl gets turned down, she still loves the guy and will not fall in love with another person.

Quote:
DO NOT do the "all you rukiashippers" thing
Sorry, mine mistake. By trying to express mine views clearly, I sometimes makes these mistakes.

Last edited by Searcher; 2008-05-18 at 18:31.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:18   Link #4114
blue skies
noch einmal?

Quote:
Great, show them to me. We don't have to start a new thread, to much hassle, and it would die out very quickly due to lack of interaction between Orihime and ishida.
Other people have said that Orihime might end up with ishida but they never presented any evidence( or I wasn't reading this thread then).
But I would really like to see the evidence. But it seems unlikely that if Orihime gets turned down by ichigo, that Kubo will make her fall in love with ishida. To much hassle, so to speak of. Even in a romance anime, when a girl gets turned down, she still loves the guy and will not fall in love with another person.
Would it really be such a hassle? I know I'm not the only one who saw something brewing (at least on Ishida's part) during the SS arc. He certainly seemed to have her best interests at heart, not to mention that he was very protective of her. He saved her on multiple occasions, told her she was a great help when she didn't think she was, and appeared to understand her feelings for Ichigo. They seemed really comfortable around each other, too; in fact, Orihime's much more herself when she's around Ishida. She's not as shy with him, they share some of the same interests, and each understands the other quite well. He knows all about her crush and how she must feel when Ichigo fights; she knows he's lost all his Quincy powers and doesn't want anyone to know, knew that he trained secretly so he wouldn't hurt anyone. I'm one of those people who can't imagine Kubo would have shown the chemistry and potential these two have if he didn't plan to make them a couple eventually. I've always hoped Orihime will realize that what she really wants and needs has been with her in handicrafts club all along (I adore this pairing ). I dunno, this may just be the IshiHime fangirl in me talking...but I don't think so.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:29   Link #4115
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

The hassle would be asking to make a new thread. We have to ask the "gods" for permission, I thought.
And since their is so little interaction between them since the SS arch, it would die out very quickly, right?

Old 2008-05-18, 22:00   Link #4116
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It gets so annoying when people who don't even like Inoue claims to know what she needs better than she does. Saying that her feelings are wrong and she should just drop a love she's harbored for so long for some one she barely knows just because they hanged out for a few days, completely undermining her feelings.
Old 2008-05-18, 22:10   Link #4117
Langus
Optimus Prime

I think Blue Skies made a valid observation. One can certainly see the potential for an Ishida/Orihime pairing after the SS arc. All potential pairings are in the same boat at this point - it's no less likely that Orihime will ultimately end up with Ishida than it is that she will end up with Ichigo. I'm not sure if you read the same post I did but Blue Skies' post wasn't laced with the righteousness and undermining of Orihime's feelings you seem to imply it does. No one is undermining her feelings here - simply pointing out that maybe down the road she'll realize that she has other options when it comes to love as well. Ichigo, though awesome, isn't the be all end all of the male race (though for her he might be I guess). Nothing says great relationships haven't stemmed from the girl suddenly realizing the guy whose been waiting in the wings for the past year and a bit actually has potential to be awesome too (I'll pull an HT here and say I'm speaking from experience on this one).
Old 2008-05-18, 23:28   Link #4118
ruote

speaking of IshiHime
they were superb in SS arc. i wanna see them together again.
Some IchiHime said according to HT that Orihime is too good for Ichigo,
(I disagree on this one, I think they just see that Ichigo doesn’t treat Inoue the way they want him to treat her…
Like Reciprocate her feelings maybe... darn Ichigo is awesome!)

but they seems so desperate wanting Ichigo and Inoue to end up together.

Anyway I’m just like Ametatsu…
I like RenRuki as much as I like Ichiruki pairing…
I can’t get enough of these pairs.
Old 2008-05-19, 00:29   Link #4119
Qc0Jh1axT
Precipice of Insult

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa
I won't say I hate saying this.......You missed one thing.....Rukia mentioned 'We', plural when referring to the term 'Rotator'
You are amazing at misunderstanding texts. You must be the only person I know in my life, offline and online, who can achieve this amazing feat.

Rukia never implied she is the rotator for Ichigo. She simply said, 'we are the rotator for everything that happens in our lives'. However, given how Kubo has outlined in Chapter 0a that Ichigo could not see himself rotating his own life - that he feels trapped, that he could not set his life into motion - until Rukia came along; Kubo, in these two chapters, simply showed that Rukia had burst into Ichigo's world as his rotator.

This is already a fixed fact for that beginning of the Bleach story. You cannot change everything to your liking just because you think there is a possibility for everything-yet-to-happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara
It gets so annoying when people who don't even like Inoue claims to know what she needs better than she does. Saying that her feelings are wrong and she should just drop a love she's harbored for so long for some one she barely knows just because they hanged out for a few days, completely undermining her feelings.
Her feelings for Ichigo are not wrong. But the way she acted because of her feelings is. No one is forcing her to go to Ishida. People are merely commenting how Ishida and Orihime would make a good pair because Ishida CAN handle her. Relationships often only work when people can handle each other for decades in their lives.
Old 2008-05-19, 02:48   Link #4120
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Pull an HT huh? Well thank you Langus, I like that (b '_')b

What I don't get is, where is this imaginery "Ishida likes Inoue" comes from? Theres virtually zero evidence to back that claim up. Saying that Ishida likes Inoue, is on the same level as saying Grimmjow or even Ulquiorra liking Inoue. Inoue is in love with Ichigo, you should just come into terms with that, and even if its not reciprocated at the end, she'll end up being single for a good long time, probably even for the rest of her natural life. Or do you honestly think that she'll go running into another mans arms immediately afterwards? I take that as an insult towards Hime.

I should've made myself clearer when I said Inoue is too good for Ichigo. For Orihime fanboys like myself, we hold Inoue in very high regards, she is this untouchable, pure goddess where no one, human or spirit is ever worthy of her love. But we want what she wants, and what she wants is Ichigo. So what hime wants, we want her to have. If she was never in love with Ichigo, but rather with someone else, that someone else will be acceptable, but alas thats not the case, her love is what it is.

@Qc0Jh1axT; Where did you derive that from? What undesputable evidence do you have to back up your claim that Ishida is her "perfect" match? That thought just made me sick to my stomach.

The way Inoue is acting is not wrong, who are you to judge? She's acting like any adolescent girl would in that situation. If anything she's handling it a lot better than most. Most people would take the easy way out and blame others for their insecurities, and lash out at them. But no, she takes the burden upon herself and understands completely about her own feelings. Matsumoto's observation couldn't make it more clearer. If you would like to back up how she's wrong, go ahead, she's being human while the rest of the cast plays out a stereotype.
Closed Thread