Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-25, 19:40   Link #1701
Spectrum
Bene Gesserit witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindas View Post
I agree those are the most important ones.
I'm glad someone notices!

For balance purposes, -20% Nodoka and +20% Saki would be better. Nodoka is too hax.
Old 2009-07-25, 23:25   Link #1702
night_sentinel

Taisho skill list

Lol ... I won't take the power chart I made seriously since well its a bit subjective. We really need the next episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildclaw
Willpower is the ability to tap into supernatural abilities and senses that isn't possible for ordinary humans. All special abilities work by willpower. The more willpower a character has, the greater the power or likelyhood of a special ability to function. However, any special ability is also contested by the willpower of other players. Some special abilities also get bonuses vs other abilities. These bonuses are not included below and instead has to be figured out on a case by case basis. Finally, willpower is also modified by the mood of the player.
This is an interesting concept. I'll just add a few things... Btw, do you think it is better to rank their individual abilities, too?

Quote:
Ikeda Kana 3/5/3
Big winner: Supernatural luck when it comes to forming high yaku hands. (including dora indicators).
Shrewd Cat: Highly resistant to having her own abilities reduced, but also unable to negate opponent abilities.
I have no comment here, since I really have no idea what her abilities are. If this is true Big winner should have an AAA rank. Shrewd Cat should be at least an A.
I would also like to add the condition : When opponent is Koromo +1 to willpower -1 to defence.

Kana's stat then would be:
Tier : AA
Offense: AAA or S
Defence: C or D
Willpower : C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat
Kajiki Yumi 5/4
Demon Hunter: Has the abilitiy to instinctivly and through observation sense the supernatural and counter it.
I think this is quite true also, but I would further Demon Hunter modify this to insightful adaptation to any circumstances whether supernatural or not and give the ability an AAA.

Yumi's stat then would be:
Tier: AAA
Offence: A
Defence: A
Willpower: AAA

Skill:
Demon Hunter
insightful adaption through any circumstance and ability to counter.

Quote:
Amae Koromo 4/5
Monster: Any test on luck is done using willpower. Has supernatural knowledge and power over the flow of the game.
Hmm... I think Monster isn't just her power... in my mind it would like this

Koromo's stat (this is when the moon is full)
Tier: S
Offence: S
Willpower:S

Skills:

Monster
Can invoke any of her powers anytime and get to tenpai easier. (More like infinite mana and lessened casting time)

Fearful Aura
Cause the other players to feel a great fear of Koromo, paralyzing them in indecision, frustrating them to make bad moves...
Condition: With sufficient willpower and concentration this power loses its hold.

High Tide
Stops a person from getting into tenpai. I think that Koromo's presence acts like a mind screw since most try to stop her instead of focusing on their hands. It can also be combined with her fearful aura to be more haxor.
Condition: The person must not realize what is happening. If they realized it, like Yumi who saw that they are focusing too much on Koromo and playing safe (due to fearful aura). It stops its effectiveness.

Scooping the Moon from the bottom of the ocean
Just like Saki's rinshan, when Koromo is allowed to pick the last tile, she automatically invokes this.
Condition: Really slow, since Koromo have to wait for the last tile to be available. Need to be combined with high tide for it to be effective.

Low Tide
Can build a hand to target a single person.
Condition: Koromo must guess what the person is trying to do with his/her discards which is 50/50. If the person is under the grip of fearful aura make that chance 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildclaw
Miyanaga Saki 4/5
Monster: Any test on luck is done using willpower. Has supernatural knowledge and power over the flow of the game.
Timid Nature: Extra reduction of willpower while afraid, but also has the abilitiy to push past her natural boundries while calm.
I also agree with this, just need to add a few things.

Saki
Tier S
Offence: S
Defence: S
Willpower:A (normally) B (currently)

Skills:
Timid Nature
Extra reduction of willpower and sealing of skill: monster while afraid, but also has the abilitiy to push past her natural boundries while calm.

Monster
Can invoke any of her powers anytime and get to tenpai easier. (More like infinite mana and lessened casting time)
Condition: Must be in a positive state to activate and sealed by timid nature.

Hidden Aura
Consequence of timid nature, Any monster moves that Saki makes seems to come out of the blue, there are no massive aura that shows what is happening until it actually happened or already unstoppable.

Extra sensitivity
Makes Saki ridiculously vulnerable to harmful aura's of other players (like Fujita-pro or Koromo) to the point of paralysis. Though it allows Saki to know if a person is powerful or not and actually sense Koromo's power at least 10 km away before meeting her.

Wall reading
Due to extra sensitivity, Saki knows the content of the wall. Even in fearful or calm state. This is demonstrated at the match with Fujita-pro when she names the tile drawn. But, also due to extra sensitivity, Saki's mind is too frspazzled to actually put it in a good use.

Survival Instinct
Perhaps due to Extra Sensitivity, Saki knows whether the hand is harmful to her or not and sometime the content of said hand and when the player is going to make his/her move.
Condition: Saki must be in a fearful state for this to happen or at least cautious state. Even if Saki knows she often can't do anything about it since her automatic reflex seems to tighten her defense like a turtle hiding under her shell.

The flower that blooms at the peak of the mountain
When Saki calls a kong, the tile drawn is always able to forms a tsumo. I think this is just a natural consequence of Saki's wall reading.
Condition: Saki must be in a positive state or else be too afraid to invoke. Maybe exposed too much to her sisters Kokushi which can rob a kong concealed or not.

Hand Changing
Demonstrated in episode 1 and 2. When Saki easily changed her hand's composition.
Condition: This can only occur when she is playing +/- 0. Haven't demonstrated yet, when playing for the win.

By the way, has anyone noticed that Saki has never done a ron ????? Maybe I should put a pacifist nature too. And make all her attribute increase by 1 when playing +/- zero.

P.S. I just noticed beside the skill monster, Saki and Koromo's skill has a certain condition one must fulfill or has a certain drawbacks to it. For example in Saki's skill set in exchange for her acute sense of reading of people and the wall, she becomes vulnerable to harmful auras and her mood is easily affected. Koromo's skill set rely on her being able to scare the crap out of her opponent.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2009-07-26 at 00:53. Reason: spelling edit
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-25, 23:34   Link #1703
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
By the way, has anyone noticed that Saki has never done a ron ????? Maybe I should put a pacifist nature too. And make all her attribute increase by 1 when playing +/- zero.
She did one against Mako in ep. 1 or 2 if I remember well.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 01:32   Link #1704
emauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
I think this is quite true also, but I would further Demon Hunter modify this to insightful adaptation to any circumstances whether supernatural or not and give the ability an AAA.

Yumi's stat then would be:
Tier: AAA
Offence: A
Willpower: AAA

Skill:
Demon Hunter
insightful adaption through any circumstance and ability to counter.
I would one more to her abilities

Skill:
Instant Insight
Ability to instantly deduce or guess opponents powers without any prior knowledge

Koromo skills should include:

Werewolf
Under full moon all stats are raised by 1 and all abilities have higher chance of success
emauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 01:54   Link #1705
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
It's really extremely boring for the most part. They play pretty slowly and the topics they talk about are yawns for the most part.
And yet for some reason I'd still want to watch that. :P

I'm also enjoying this power level discussion greatly. :3

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
TheBigN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 12:57   Link #1706
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 17:
Old 2009-07-26, 13:01   Link #1707
Proto

And so ep 17 comes and goes... stuff happened, but since there wasn't much Yumi during this episode I won't comment.

*Proto out*
Old 2009-07-26, 13:15   Link #1708
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 17:
She went to the bathroom with Nodoka right before the second half began, in case it wasn't clear.

So no need to worry! There's still only one peeing yourself anime on Crunchyroll this season!
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:36   Link #1709
einhorn303

The "heartfelt moments during the five minute break" scenes were pretty well done. Kana and Captain's scene actually made me tear up a bit ;_; And Saki's montage of "I must remember..." flashbacks made me go FFFF YEAH! It's good to revisit the very beginnings of the series like that. Just like Saki, we need to be reminded of what this struggle is really all about, the promises and tears and loves of blooming youth. I can't wait to see what crazy yakuman she'll pull out next episode. Or maybe it'll be something completely unexpected, like Yumi winning.

I wonder about Fujita's comments to "the Koromo" were about?
Spoiler for 17:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
She went to the bathroom with Nodoka right before the second half began, in case it wasn't clear.

So no need to worry! There's still only one peeing yourself anime on Crunchyroll this season!
But they only had 56 or so seconds before the match started. Is that really enough time to pee? Did Saki require aid? You have to consider that, in my experience, women take more time to use the bathroom because they can't quickly use a urinal. Oh, no, the speculation is far from over.

Also, Saki is smiling. Saki is smiling, guys.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:49   Link #1710
TheBigN
Piercing heavens with ~s
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheBigN Send a message via MSN to TheBigN Send a message via Yahoo to TheBigN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Spoiler for Episode 17:
Spoiler for Saki 17:

Quote:
Also, Saki is smiling. Saki is smiling, guys.
And I'm smiling to waiting to see what will happen. :3

Drastic My Anime Blog- My anime blog.
TheBigN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 13:56   Link #1711
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Nope. It wasn't clear at all.
Old 2009-07-26, 14:07   Link #1712
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

feeling bad for kana, she should be the first one to play not the last
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:52   Link #1713
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ikeda...

Spoiler for ep17:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 14:54   Link #1714
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Face it, Kana is screwed. She's 180,000 points plus down, with 6 hands + bonus hands to go.

Assuming she wins with a yakuman (no double this tournament) EACH HAND (that's 32,000 points per hand non-east. 48,000 as east), she'd gain: 5*32,000 + 48.000 = ~200,000 points.

That's a yakuman. Each hand.

Unless Kana's hidden power is "My father is the president of the national high school mahjong tournament organization" she's screwed.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-07-26, 14:58   Link #1715
Bambi

Quote:
Assuming she wins with a yakuman (no double this tournament)
Where was stated this rule? I missed it
Old 2009-07-26, 15:05   Link #1716
Proto

Quote:
She still has one turn as east left, so that increases her chances a little. That and she can always do direct hits on Koromo, and even if she doesn't even with a tsumo Koromo points decrease a little, , so more in her favor. Like, from 0.001% to 0.0015%.
Old 2009-07-26, 15:08   Link #1717
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Where was stated this rule? I missed it
In the episode that just aired on crunchyroll. ep 17.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2009-07-26, 15:25   Link #1718
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
In the episode that just aired on crunchyroll. ep 17.
I wonder how this plays into Teru showing "frightfully high scoring hands" from ep. 3. Maybe it just means overall, that she had a lot of yakuman or 24k+ hands.
Old 2009-07-26, 15:35   Link #1719
einhorn303

Quote:
Face it, Kana is screwed. She's 180,000 points plus down, with 6 hands + bonus hands to go.

Assuming she wins with a yakuman (no double this tournament) EACH HAND (that's 32,000 points per hand non-east. 48,000 as east), she'd gain: 5*32,000 + 48.000 = ~200,000 points.

Unless Kana's hidden power is "My father is the president of the national high school mahjong tournament organization" she's screwed.
So if she needs 180,000 points, and it's possible to get 200,000...

Hey, like Simon said in Gurren Lagann, "As long as it's not 0%, it's 100% to me!" Kana just needs to activate her Spiral Power.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 15:45   Link #1720
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
So if she needs 180,000 points, and it's possible to get 200,000...

Hey, like Simon said in Gurren Lagann, "As long as it's not 0%, it's 100% to me!" Kana just needs to activate her Spiral Power.
If some of the others get some rons on Koromo and brings her down to say the 120-130k range, Kana would need less points.

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen