Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 11:36   Link #141
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous moth View Post
EVERYONE saw it coming. What I didn't like was that it got more complicated with the blood ties and the curse and the like. I feel like I'm reading some bloody soap opera.

...I guess I just liked it better when Naruto was just the son of Yondaime (-____-)
I guess you aren't interested in the whole 'cycle' theme.

To be honest, I too tend to stay away from the whole 'chosen one' arcetype, but I don't mind it so much here for some reason.

Incidently, I'm reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Has a similar theme to it.

I'm predicting a Screw destiny ending Shonen style, though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:43   Link #142
lotus_lee

And I thought the Sharingan evolved from the Byakugan....

Major FU or will Kishimoto come up with yet another Plot no Jutsu to explain this?

Oh and it looks like Itachi passed on not only his eye techniques but also:

lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:47   Link #143
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
The only issue i had with this chapter us that i dont like the whole Rokudou Sennin thing which i hope is some lie or belief of madaras because it just screws with kishi's past sayings like the thing about the sharingan being derived from the byakugan and then theres nagato if the power was split into senju and uchiha where the heck did he come from
I don't think it really changed anything that much...

Spoiler:
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 11:58   Link #144
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
He didn't blow anything, you're just coming up with crap to complain about that doesn't even make sense. This weeks chapter was excellent in regards to plot development, action, etc. In the midst of all this, people are actually complaining about naruto's mother not being of a super special blood line...

His father was already one of the greatest in history, why does the author need to make his mother relevant this way?
I wasn't really complain. Being as though NARUTO is the CHOSEN ONE, I was expecting Naruto to be of some kind of relation to The Founder of the Ninja World.
I thought that only after they mentioned his mother and the Whirlpool Country.
Because the Rinnegan resembles a Whirlpool (a spiral).
Which was kind of destroyed when it was said that the descendants of the 2 brothers were the Uchiha and the Senju.
And Naruto isn't related to either, but Sasuke is. But it was stated that Naruto inherited the "fire" of the Senju. And I was a little disappointed because I was hoping Naruto to be a Blood descendant, it would have been more interesting for me if he was.
The descedants of the 2 brothers are the Uchiha and Senju. They warred against each other, then peace, then Madara and The First battled the biggest battle in the Naruto World, now you have another fight thats bound to happen, which Sasuke (a Uchiha) and Naruto (who isn't a Senju). That's kind of disappointing.
I didnt even make it a big deal, I said that I could be wrong and I hope that was talking too early, so I dont know why the hell you are.

Being as though Tsunade said that NARUTO personality AND FIGHTING STYLE comes from his mother should prove than she should have some kind of relevance.

AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:00   Link #145
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I can't forget it... maybe Tsunade had a child with that long-haired guy who died in battle. Her son was named after his father -> Namikaze...
... and his son was names after his mother... Uzumaki.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:03   Link #146
Silqthashakka
Riff

Man, I wouldn't even be able to fight Madara. His stories are so interesting! He doesn't even need a sharingan, his stories are more hypnotizing then genjutsu! Look at Kakashi. He's been standing in that same position for a while. He's had his Raikiri turned on for a minute as it drains his already low chakra supply. But he doesn't mind, he loves a good story!!
Silqthashakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:13   Link #147
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
Though I hardly could call it fair if Sasuke has a kyuubi, Sharingan, and tactical experience vs Naruto who is the least experienced main-character ninja (and a dumbass) with a kyuubi. Probably Sasuke's kyuubi will be a little-ling being born so it is weaker than all kyuubis that existed? XD Already this is going to be more of a fanfic.
Actually it is possible it is the kyuubi or something like it because what drawed the kyuubi to areas? Hatred and malice which is now said to be Sasuke's best friend, comfort and power and he has the MS and his chakra is more sinister than (Light Kyuubi) and the same as Uchiha Madara (who made the full kyuubi his bitch).

Also did anyone think when Sasuke put C in a genjutsu he looked a lot like Rikkodou Sennin but without the sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka View Post
Man, I wouldn't even be able to fight Madara. His stories are so interesting! He doesn't even need a sharingan, his stories are more hypnotizing then genjutsu! Look at Kakashi. He's been standing in that same position for a while. He's had his Raikiri turned on for a minute as it drains his already low chakra supply. But he doesn't mind, he loves a good story!!
Madara is going to convince Naruto to turn to his side, I wonder whose is more powerful Friendship/Peace Speech no Jutsu or The dark secret is no jutsu. Sasuke didnt fall for the friendship one but the dark secret one had him knee deep in evil

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:18   Link #148
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silqthashakka View Post
Haha my thoughts exactly!! I was also inevitable that the angry Naruto became calm. With his thoughts (probably) I wish this guy would tell me stories before bedtime like this everyday.

In fact this guy Madara might be one of the weirdest guy's he's soo powerfull (or not but atleast can't be touched) and yet tells stories to everyone claiming to tell the truth and seems to be a mere spectator for the next show. Sasuke vs Naruto.

Also the more i see Sasuke full of anger, hatred and loaded with rage the more i pity the poor dude.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:26   Link #149
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Kishi should make a novel called 'Madara's Bedtime Stories' I bet it would sell, also is it just me or does Madara = Kishimoto?

Old 2009-09-04, 12:28   Link #150
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
I can't forget it... maybe Tsunade had a child with that long-haired guy who died in battle. Her son was named after his father -> Namikaze...
... and his son was names after his mother... Uzumaki.
Surely there would have been mention of it.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:39   Link #151
That Other Ninja
That Other Senior Member
*Artist

Boring.

I thought Juugo would get some more action.

Seems Raikage is fast with his body covered in raiton but for Juugo to react defensively in time, I don't think he's as fast as Minato or Madara.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:45   Link #152
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgeous moth View Post
...what a 'twist'...

I'm appalled that the storyline has something like 'they were meant to fight and hate each other' kind of twist. I bet next week we're going to hear Naruto shouting at the top of his lungs that he's going to change fate. Keep on shouting, Naruto, I'm still waiting for you to actually do something. And, no, that fight with an emanciapated Nagato wasn't a fight, it doesn't count (...it reminded me of Blue Beard, the fairytale) . Didn't Nagato have the rinnegan? That must mean he is also a descendant of the Great Sage of Six Paths[is this right?]. So...is Naruto a descendant of the Senju?

I hope he's not.

By the way, where's Sakura? -_- She has no relevance in the story as of now, except for her being a member of Team 7. Honestly, she can go die. And I don't even hate her or anything. D:

I'm apalled, not repelled.

Next week's chapter better be better.
You bring the truth, young one,indeed.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 12:45   Link #153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Other Ninja View Post
Boring.

I thought Juugo would get some more action.

Seems Raikage is fast with his body covered in raiton but for Juugo to react defensively in time, I don't think he's as fast as Minato or Madara.
Faster than Madara? Definately not.
Fatser than Minato? Only if Minato doesn't have Hiraishin prepared.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:49   Link #154
Gin
*Artist

It would be funny if the 'fire of the senju' that Madara senses in Naruto was actually just Madara sensing the 1st Hokage's necklace.
Old 2009-09-04, 12:52   Link #155
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
It would be funny if the 'fire of the senju' that Madara senses in Naruto was actually just Madara sensing the 1st Hokage's necklace.
Nah, 6 tails broke that:

Chapter 438 page 3-4
Old 2009-09-04, 12:55   Link #156
james0246

So, since Sasuke was clutching his eye after frying the poor Kumo-nins brain, does that mean Sasuke used an MS genjutsu on the poor sod?

btw, I really hope this Raikage fight ends in the next chapter or 2. He is a boring character (more an "evil" knock-off of a previous iteration of Naruto, or a "good" Sasuke, than anything else), who just runs around doing crap for the simpliest of reasons. Hell he doesn't even have a name, so why should I care about him?

So please Sasuke, either "kill" him in the next chapter or 2, or just run away. Or, better yet, find a way to copy his raiton enhancement jutsu, and then kick his ass completely and totally...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Kishi should make a novel called 'Madara's Bedtime Stories' I bet it would sell, also is it just me or does Madara = Kishimoto?
No, Rikudo Sennin = Kishimoto. Rikudo Sennin is now going to be Kishimoto's go-to explanation for everything in the Narutoverse. If something strange happens, a new power is introduced, etc, well Rikudo Sennin did it.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-09-04 at 14:00.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 13:13   Link #157
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
That was suppose to read Senju's "Will of Fire" according to a few non-Sleepyfan translations. It seems the Senju created the concept of the Will of Fire which Konoha was founded on. The Will of Fire has now become analogous with the Dream of Peace that Hashirama Senju sought.

The Senju's/Konoha's Will of Fire vs. the Uchiha's Will of Hatred. It's as simple as that.

Most of the top characters in Konoha have the Will of Fire. I am not sure about all the big clans in Konoha being directly descended from the Senju, but they adopted their belief system which makes them all family in a way. Of course there are those that forgot the Will of Fire like Danzou.
Old 2009-09-04, 13:15   Link #158
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
btw, I really hope this Raikage fight ends in the next chapter or 2. He is a boring character (more an "evil" knock-off of a previous iteration of Naruto, than anything), who just runs around doing crap for the simpliest of reasons. Hell he doesn't even have a name, so why should I care about him?

Yeah, he looks just like another Sasuke, he is right now only bent on revenge. I guess Kishi is reprenting the cicle of hate.
Old 2009-09-04, 13:41   Link #159
gorgeous moth
on probation

Send a message via Yahoo to gorgeous moth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak
I guess you aren't interested in the whole 'cycle' theme.

To be honest, I too tend to stay away from the whole 'chosen one' arcetype, but I don't mind it so much here for some reason.

Incidently, I'm reading The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Has a similar theme to it.

I'm predicting a Screw destiny ending Shonen style, though.
Everything in this manga has been about cycles, one way or another.
Do you know the saying, 'what happens once, happens thrice'? I see that here.
First, the heirs of Rinnegan, then Senju vs. Uchiha, and now, Naruto vs. Sasuke...which will be the last before relative peace is achieved in the ninja world. It's just that, when I first stumbled upon the manga, it attracted me because Naruto was a character who had to work hard and train hard whose only real attributes were a dogged determination, a knack for insane plans that work out strangely enough, and a talent for kage bunshins....which is why his win against a supposedly light-years away Uchiha when it came to ability would be awesome.

And now, what do I hear? He really should be more awesome than the Uchiha...before they were even in the Academy. Though to Naruto's defense, he hadn't had any idea to his legacy and thought he was just a dead-last that had to work thrice as hard as anyone else if he wanted to be Hokage, aside from the fact tht he was a jinchuriki and hated by the villagers.

I don't have any complaints about him being the 'Chosen One'. Almost every story revolves around this theme, because they are special, that's why they're the lead characters. And the ending does have to have to have that 'Screw Destiny' vibe to it. Change has always been a factor in his story.
gorgeous moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 14:03   Link #160
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
So, since Sasuke was clutching his eye after frying the poor Kumo-nins brain, does that mean Sasuke used an MS genjutsu on the poor sod?

btw, I really hope this Raikage fight ends in the next chapter or 2. He is a boring character (more an "evil" knock-off of a previous iteration of Naruto, than anything), who just runs around doing crap for the simpliest of reasons. Hell he doesn't even have a name, so why should I care about him?

So please Sasuke, either "kill" him in the next chapter or 2, or just run away. Or, better yet, find a way to copy his raiton enhancement jutsu, and then kick his ass completely and totally...
Agreed at first he seemed like a mildly interesting character when he was talking to Naruto now he seems a more immature version of Naruto back in Part I, the only thing interesting in this fight is Juugo copying Stark's ability. As for Sasuke killing him I think the possibility of that happening is rising extremely as they continue saying how dark Sasuke has become.

Quote:
No, Rikudo Sennin = Kishimoto. Rikudo Sennin is now going to be Kishimoto's go-to explanation for everything in the Narutoverse. If something strange happens, a new power is introduced, etc, well Rikudo Sennin did it.
Madara = Kishimoto's narrating voice and Rikudou Sennin = Creation Power, Rikudou Sennin is basically Sarda from 8 Bit Theater

Tags
weekly chapter discussion