AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-02-02, 11:10   Link #661
Dazarath

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I distinctively remember a random YT guy said he would upload a version of that in a very secretive way such that it can't be tracked by keywords on YT. I also completely do not remember whom the said YT guy is.
This is one guy that said he would, but so far he has just said that it's not available yet. (If this is against AnimeSuki's T&Cs, I apologize and please delete this post.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/SkyKarmaOtaku
Dazarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 16:31   Link #662
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

^Did it get uploaded yet?
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 22:49   Link #663
orangejuicetang

I doubt it. From the looks of it, that guy's going to be waiting for the dvds just like the rest of us.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:42   Link #664
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I did not like the series,but I will see this movie.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-05, 21:35   Link #665
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just watched the 2nd trailer, oh Archer how Ive missed you~~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 12:11   Link #666
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I'm always curious about this, so can i ask its to somebody whose already watch the movies,
Did the "Imitation" (the image song of this movies) have a good portion as BGM tracks on this movie ?
thanks to anyone who can answer this
Old 2010-03-06, 12:21   Link #667
hinakatbklyn

Shirou and Saber may have been the major characters in the series, but I feel like the series looked much better each time Rin and Archer was in the scene. If their screentime was limited in the series, maybe the movie could fix that.
Old 2010-03-10, 00:48   Link #668
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Shirou and Saber may have been the major characters in the series, but I feel like the series looked much better each time Rin and Archer was in the scene. If their screentime was limited in the series, maybe the movie could fix that.
You're not alone in that feeling. They were my favorite two characters in the game and anime.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 12:31   Link #669
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Well, the movie is based on the UBW route of the game, so Rin and (especially) Archer will get a lot more screentime. In fact, along with Shirou, Rin and Archer are probably the major characters of the route.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 12:43   Link #670
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I would say that Rin always have been the main female character but not romance interest since she keeps a fairly big role in all the routes
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-11, 14:35   Link #671
Cherry_Lover

Well, Rin is probably the female character who gets the most total representation in the story. But, her increased representation in the other two routes comes at the expense of being somewhat sidelined by the Shirou/Archer plot in her own route.

Sakura is pretty much ignored entirely in the first two routes, but is most definitely the most important character in HF. Saber is one of the two most important characters in Fate, and is a pretty major side-character in the other two. Rin, OTOH, is basically the third most important character in all three routes, but never comes any higher than that.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 15:02   Link #672
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
I doubt it. From the looks of it, that guy's going to be waiting for the dvds just like the rest of us.
Any idea on when the DVD's going to be released?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-06, 16:07   Link #673
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Any idea on when the DVD's going to be released?
Considering the release date, I imagine DVDs will be out by summer, possibly fall at the latest. Though I could be off, depending on how well the movie does in theaters.
Old 2010-04-06, 16:24   Link #674
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

So they are actually going to release UBW in NA theaters? Hell if I know. Haven't been to Parkersburg in.. well, a month X3

Date? Asking on the assumption it is being released. I haven't really paid attention, so... y'know... Yeah, out of the loopness, don'tcha love it?

...It's probably out, but I got the money. It would be so worth it to see Archer on the big screen... No, better yet.. Rin on the big screen! Yeah... Tsundere in joo face!
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 09:11   Link #675
hinakatbklyn

The original company who licensed the TV series went out of business. If funimation licenses the movie it might be sub only unless they wanted to go out of their way to keep the original dubs. And they have yet to try releasing a movie in theaters, so I don't see it happening. (Then again expect the unexpected).

Edit: must of slipped my mind with EVA 1.0

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-04-07 at 11:25.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 11:20   Link #676
Bearz

Quote:
The original company who licensed the TV series went out of business. If funimation licenses the movie it might be sub only unless they wanted to go out of their way to keep the original dubs. And they have yet to try releasing a movie in theaters, so I don't see it happening. (Then again expect the unexpected).
Geneon was the original company that licensed Fate. They no longer license new shows, but funimation has a deal with them to distribute a lot of there old licenses (including Fate/stay night), so if someone was going to license the movie it would probably be them. Funimation doesnt do subtitled only releases, all of there shows are dubbed, so if they get UBW it will be to. As far as theaters go, Funimation actually did have a small run for Eva 1.0, so they have expirience with theatrical releases of anime movies, but I dont see them ever doing that for UBW, even if they do license it. Its just not that well known.
Bearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 00:54   Link #677
Ryu-kun
Dragon - Igniton
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Ryu-kun
So that means UBW movie will never get a chance to get into American DVD even in subs?

Click siggy to join Toradora club~
Ryu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 07:03   Link #678
Bearz

Err, what I meant to say was, that if anyone was going to license UBW, it would be Funimation, as they are the current distributer for the original FSN anime (on Geneons behalf). I guess if theyve moved alot of FSN box sets then they might be interested in getting the movie. And if they do pick it up, it will be a dual audio release, because Funimation simple doesnt release anime in subtitled only format.
Bearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 09:00   Link #679
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
It also depends on how well the Fate/Stay Night anime sold in the US. I know that was what killed the MGLN franchise over here and kept StrikerS and the rest from being imported: the first two seasons had disappointing figures, so FUNimation didn't bother picking up the rest. The best shot we have of seeing the UBW movie in the States is to hope that the anime sold well enough to prompt the company to dub the movie.

Would it be too much to hope they get the original dub cast back, too?
Old 2010-04-16, 09:12   Link #680
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Doesn't look like a very good chance, then. Still we can hope for the best, right?

It would be an incredibly experience, actually. To see Unlimited Blade Works on a screen that big. I would also like to see the original dub cast return, but that might be unlikely.

I got my anime of FSN... though I doubt a single person makes the difference, they need to see a good deal of sale racking before they do that. So it's all very possible they won't even look twice.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote