AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-01, 21:26   Link #21
wireless
Regular Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shika
i care about the story more than the hentai.
same here, the hentai part of the game kinda ruins it, takes away from the overall greatness of it. btw anyone here play the happy haruka ending? that one is the BEST!!!
Old 2003-12-01, 21:33   Link #22
one_winged
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_Sama
what page did u download the game off
Think you can tell me through PM where you downloaded yours instead? I can't even mount the image on a virtual DVD drive ;_;
Old 2003-12-01, 21:34   Link #23
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... ¬_¬

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless
same here, the hentai part of the game kinda ruins it, takes away from the overall greatness of it. btw anyone here play the happy haruka ending? that one is the BEST!!!
Mitsuki Happy ending is the BEST!!!
Old 2003-12-01, 21:55   Link #24
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
blame the conservative Japanese game market which inadverdently prevents upstart bishoujo game companies from entering the consumer game market. In effect, you have hundreds of upstart bishoujo game companies gunning for the PC market, where there is little restriction (financially).

Then, blame the average Japanese PC game buyers who, when compared with Western counterparts, have a higher percentage of people playing these ero-games rather than net-based RPGs and "shoot'em-up" styles. Weird thing is, in Japan, the number of people that play PC games like "Neverwinter Nights," "Need for Speed," "Starcraft," and the like are very small when compared to the amount of people that play ero-games.

So, an upstart bishoujo game company cannot enter the console game market due to financial restrictions, so they opt for the PC market first and make their ground there. However, the amount of PC game users in Japan have a high percentage of people playing ero-games. So, inadverdently, even if the game company did not want to put in sex scenes at all, they need to in order to sell on the PC game market, in which they need to get their groundbase (financially and market background-wise), so that they can enter into the home consumer game market.

Sure, most softhouses probably wanted to have sex scenes in the first place. Some of them however, like Key (the makers of Kanon) didn't need any sex scenes at all - but put it in so that once they make ground to enter the console market, all they need to do is take that part out. Ever wonder why some games seem like they don't NEED sex scenes? The softhouses are probably looking ahead, that if their game does sell well enough, that they can easily rescript the scene without any sex at all, which makes it easier for them that they have no need to alter it too much.

....these are some of the stuffs you get to know about when you have a person that you know working at a softhouse (I won't mention which one, but it's a fairly big one that made several successes)
Old 2003-12-01, 22:13   Link #25
Gansan

PS2 version the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
blame the conservative Japanese game market which inadverdently prevents upstart bishoujo game companies from entering the consumer game market. In effect, you have hundreds of upstart bishoujo game companies gunning for the PC market, where there is little restriction (financially).

Then, blame the average Japanese PC game buyers who, when compared with Western counterparts, have a higher percentage of people playing these ero-games rather than net-based RPGs and "shoot'em-up" styles. Weird thing is, in Japan, the number of people that play PC games like "Neverwinter Nights," "Need for Speed," "Starcraft," and the like are very small when compared to the amount of people that play ero-games.

So, an upstart bishoujo game company cannot enter the console game market due to financial restrictions, so they opt for the PC market first and make their ground there. However, the amount of PC game users in Japan have a high percentage of people playing ero-games. So, inadverdently, even if the game company did not want to put in sex scenes at all, they need to in order to sell on the PC game market, in which they need to get their groundbase (financially and market background-wise), so that they can enter into the home consumer game market.

Sure, most softhouses probably wanted to have sex scenes in the first place. Some of them however, like Key (the makers of Kanon) didn't need any sex scenes at all - but put it in so that once they make ground to enter the console market, all they need to do is take that part out. Ever wonder why some games seem like they don't NEED sex scenes? The softhouses are probably looking ahead, that if their game does sell well enough, that they can easily rescript the scene without any sex at all, which makes it easier for them that they have no need to alter it too much.

....these are some of the stuffs you get to know about when you have a person that you know working at a softhouse (I won't mention which one, but it's a fairly big one that made several successes)

Hey, I was wondering if this was the same game:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...550600-5569949

Or is the ~Rumbling Hearts~ a different one? It would be yet another reason to get a mod chip for my ps2....
Old 2003-12-01, 22:20   Link #26
ramune

i think the sex part in the games prevents the companies from expanding overseas. if there isn't any hentai in KgNE some hong kong or taiwanese companies might release a chinese version of it since it's a great game. damn those japanese kids with perverted minds... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan

Or is the ~Rumbling Hearts~ a different one? It would be yet another reason to get a mod chip for my ps2....
i think it's the same game with all the hentai cut out. i'm not sure though, but if it is i would rather have that since it's true that the hentai kinda ruins the game.
Old 2003-12-01, 22:41   Link #27
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:

Yes, that is the PS2 version of "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien." The one that they released after their success in the PC game market. Like I said, this is the version with the sex scenes cut out, but little change in the story because when you look at it overall, KgNE doesn't need sex scenes to cover the story. You can say that the softhouse age was looking to go into console in the long run. BTW, there is also a DC version of "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" as well.

btw, ...what is exactly a mod-chip and how does it look like? I know it is something that enables you guys to play our games...but is it something that you attach to the console, or do you actually solder it to the console itself?
Old 2003-12-01, 22:53   Link #28
Gansan

Quote:
Yes, that is the PS2 version of "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien." The one that they released after their success in the PC game market. Like I said, this is the version with the sex scenes cut out, but little change in the story because when you look at it overall, KgNE doesn't need sex scenes to cover the story. You can say that the softhouse age was looking to go into console in the long run. BTW, there is also a DC version of "Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien" as well.

btw, ...what is exactly a mod-chip and how does it look like? I know it is something that enables you guys to play our games...but is it something that you attach to the console, or do you actually solder it to the console itself?
Yes, generally, you have to solder an additional small circuit board to the logic board of your ps2. This allows it to play any region DVDs and any region games. Some people use them to play burned games, but as someone who works in the software industry, I definitely don't condone that. I think it's nice to have if you are interested in playing imported games and such. (I personally want to get the Dummania games as well.)

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/a...469992,00.html
Old 2003-12-02, 00:12   Link #29
wireless
Regular Lurker

Do these companies ever release patches for content (sexual of course) control? that would be nice, hentai is too disturbing for me to watch; not that im young or anything., It's just drawings, sex, nudity, times like those where I have to just look away...
This is kinda like Duke Nukem 3D (old first person shooter, you can count the total pixels on one hand) where they had nudity, but at least there was an option to turn it off.
Old 2003-12-02, 01:34   Link #30
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Do these companies ever release patches for content (sexual of course) control? that would be nice, hentai is too disturbing for me to watch; not that im young or anything., It's just drawings, sex, nudity, times like those where I have to just look away...
This is kinda like Duke Nukem 3D (old first person shooter, you can count the total pixels on one hand) where they had nudity, but at least there was an option to turn it off.
Somewhat yes, somewhat no, A prime example would be Key's games. Usually, they will start by selling the 18kin (above 18 version) which has sex scenes for the PC. Once they know that it sold like hotcakes, they will usually release a zennenrei-taishou version (for everyone version) without any sex scenes for the PC, which is a good indication that the game will go console (since most games on consoles have thsoe sex scenes removed anyway). But then again, not all softhouses do this, so it's all up to what game companies decide to do.

And, furthermore, most softhouses tend not to look at overseas expansion because...well, they don't see a market.

btw, I would like for you to refer such scenes not as "hentai" but as "ero," from now on. I'm trying to see how many Americans I can convert from saying the old terminology "hentai games, hentai anime, hentai doujinshi, etc." to the current Japanese terminology in use since 1996: "ero-games, ero-anime, ero-doujinshi, etc." The word "hentai" adjective to nouns are a relative old thing that was used during the golden age of Elf and Silky's for the DOS/V system waaaay back in 1992. But ever since softhouses started shelling out great games based on stories rather than just sexual content (some say it began with Leaf's "Shizuku" and "Kizuato," some say it began a bit more later with "To Heart"), the terminology "hentai" itself became obsolete...nowadays most Japanese otakus call them with the adjective "ero" (shortened term for erotic) with the noun.
Old 2003-12-02, 02:37   Link #31
lavarock
Busy wasting my time..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_winged
Think you can tell me through PM where you downloaded yours instead? I can't even mount the image on a virtual DVD drive ;_;
If you have the version I had, it's a cdi file, use daemon tool to mount
Old 2003-12-02, 02:41   Link #32
lavarock

Quote:
Yes, generally, you have to solder an additional small circuit board to the logic board of your ps2. This allows it to play any region DVDs and any region games. Some people use them to play burned games, but as someone who works in the software industry, I definitely don't condone that. I think it's nice to have if you are interested in playing imported games and such. (I personally want to get the Dummania games as well.)

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/a...469992,00.html
For PS2, soldering required mod chip performs better than non-soldering required (based on Swap Magic) mod chip, but soldering are not abslutely required.
For Xbox, you dont need soldering at all to mod your box.
Old 2003-12-02, 13:41   Link #33
wireless
Regular Lurker

Quote:
btw, I would like for you to refer such scenes not as "hentai" but as "ero," from now on. I'm trying to see how many Americans I can convert from saying the old terminology "hentai games, hentai anime, hentai doujinshi, etc." to the current Japanese terminology in use since 1996: "ero-games, ero-anime, ero-doujinshi, etc." The word "hentai" adjective to nouns are a relative old thing that was used during the golden age of Elf and Silky's for the DOS/V system waaaay back in 1992. But ever since softhouses started shelling out great games based on stories rather than just sexual content (some say it began with Leaf's "Shizuku" and "Kizuato," some say it began a bit more later with "To Heart"), the terminology "hentai" itself became obsolete...nowadays most Japanese otakus call them with the adjective "ero" (shortened term for erotic) with the noun.
okie dokie, guess ill have to rename one of my hard drives then lol, jk
Old 2003-12-02, 21:38   Link #34
lavarock

Quote:

Well, ELF is a legend, nothing really beats Nanpa, nothing!!!:P
Old 2003-12-02, 21:56   Link #35
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavarock
Well, ELF is a legend, nothing really beats Nanpa, nothing!!!:P
I was struggling in my mind to figure out which Elf game you were referring to, since I've never heard of an Elf game called "nanpa"

then it hit me. Ah, you must be referring to the filename "nanpa.bat" which you mistakenly thought that was the game title. Actually, the game title you are referring to is "Dokyusei." One of the great "legends" of the ero-game industry.

Yes, that is indeed a masterpiece in itself. A pure DOS/V game running on the newest NEC-PC98XX/FM-TOWNS PC series back in March of 1993. Even today, it still impresses to amaze me how such a game was capable with only FM-midi sound and 16-color graphics.

BUT, I have to disagree with you on the greatest legendary game made by Elf. That title belongs to Elf's last DOS/V game for the NEC-PC98 series: "Kono Yo no Hate de Koi o Utaumono Yu-no." (1997) http://www.elf-game.co.jp/html/lineup/yuno.html

It took a whopping 15 floppy discs to install, and it was probably the only ero-game for the DOS/V system that had a CD-ROM version of it. It marked an end of an era - the evolvement of games from the DOS/V platform to the Windows 95, the end of the great era in which Elf dominated the ero-game market, the end of pure 16-color arts. Nowadays, you have ero-games using the full potential of colors and beautiful CG arts. But back then, colors and graphics were limited....and a game needed a really great artist that could work with such restrictions. It was also what the original creators of Elf left behind as "a present" and "thanks" for all those years the fans have been faithful to Elf. After this, the original creators have become top executives for that company, and those original members have not placed any direct work to create the games itself. Those were delegated to the new, younger generation that came into Elf.
Old 2003-12-02, 22:07   Link #36
lavarock

Yes, sorry I thought the name is nanpa since the file name is nanpa and when I played it back years ago in my home country I have no idea the english name, but Dokyusei sound right, basically meaning ones with the same year(grade). (Dokyusei even has an anime, and I love it too, also Dokyusei 2 also has windows versions)
I have heard NEC, but I didnt think it's the best from Elf, just my opinion
Also some works by illusion is also amazing (mainly the graphic), but with some more plots and drama they might be better, illusion emphasize on graphics a little too much.
Old 2003-12-02, 23:32   Link #37
TheBlueOne
Da da da di da da da

Quote:
btw, I would like for you to refer such scenes not as "hentai" but as "ero," from now on. I'm trying to see how many Americans I can convert from saying the old terminology "hentai games, hentai anime, hentai doujinshi, etc." to the current Japanese terminology in use since 1996: "ero-games, ero-anime, ero-doujinshi, etc."
I hope you have better luck then I've had. Over Thanksgiving break, my little brother told me I just had to play this one "hentai game" that he found...called "Kana ~imouto." I corrected him three times. He still hasn't gotten the message.

As for Kana, well...damn. Calling that game a "hentai" game is ridicolous... Totally blew me away. What a depresing, but great, game. Too bad I didn't have time to get all the endings...
Old 2003-12-03, 00:25   Link #38
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
It was too tough for me to go back and complete all of the endings in Kana... I got 3 of them, but it was too emotionally challenging to play again.

The best story of t hose that have come to the english market.

Doddler
Old 2003-12-03, 00:26   Link #39
ZGMF-10A

i dunno why i can't play it... i can't put anything in the extra drive thing i created.....
Old 2003-12-03, 00:46   Link #40
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doddler
It was too tough for me to go back and complete all of the endings in Kana... I got 3 of them, but it was too emotionally challenging to play again.

The best story of t hose that have come to the english market.

Doddler
ahh, "Kana ~imouto~" is out in English. One of the better games from the softhouse D.O. At least America seems to be trying to shell out new stuffs. Perhaps the English language version of "Kazoku Keikaku ~Kizunabako~" should be out soon then.
Closed Thread