AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 111 Rating
Perfect 10 6 9.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 3.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 9.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 18.03%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 11.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 8 13.11%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 8.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 4.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 6.56%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-06, 14:29   Link #261
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Quote:
Gooral,Priscilla did all those cruel things only after the awakening,so in the end the real sinners are the Mibs that have transformed Prissy in a killing machine.
Prissy did all she did not because she was evil,she did what she did 'cause the org have put her body in a condition where it's possible to lose control and awaken, so it's pretty obvious that the real sinners are the Mibs,not Priscilla.
Even looking from an human-point-of-view,Priscilla is not evil,she's "sick",and the ones that have caused her sickness are the Mibs.
Look, even if the Org was the catalyst for Priscilla's awful transformation, she has to own up to all the people she's killed and accept responsibility for their deaths. "Good or evil" doesn't matter to someone who's mentally unstable and kills people; they just need to be stopped at all costs.

I actually think she should have died a really long time ago and will not shed a tear when she does.
Old 2011-01-06, 15:13   Link #262
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Look, even if the Org was the catalyst for Priscilla's awful transformation, she has to own up to all the people she's killed and accept responsibility for their deaths. "Good or evil" doesn't matter to someone who's mentally unstable and kills people; they just need to be stopped at all costs.

I actually think she should have died a really long time ago and will not shed a tear when she does.
Ever single of them that awakes will do what pris have been done. The difference is that more power more hungry.

Ryus
«Most common phrases in this thread. All hail another Priscilla debate. »

I guess I have to adapt myself
Old 2011-01-06, 15:37   Link #263
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
Ryus
«Most common phrases in this thread. All hail another Priscilla debate. »

I guess I have to adapt myself
Yeah, if it involves Priscilla and/or Teresa (or Clare thrown in with the other two) then expect things to get "vocal"... fast. People got opinions... I've just been too busy helping my brother move in to state mine. God, help you all if I find time.

and yes... mods have had to end this topic before... and I may have been involved with that

Even made this to apologize to the mod...
Spoiler for pic:
Old 2011-01-06, 17:00   Link #264
Verkruk
The Perplexing One(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
So it's all organization's fault? Are you serious ? Would you call mass murderer a victim and blame his parents since they "created" him? <rotfl>

Priscilla would be Organization's victim if she was killed by Teresa and had chosen to die rather than to become a monster. But she didn't. Instead of taking responsibility of HER (not Organization's) actions, not listening to Irene or Teresa and going against what she was taught (MiB certainly didn't teach her to go over her limit) she "back-stabbed" Teresa with satisfaction. Later she massacred tons of people even though she supposedly hated ABs and youma more than anyone else. It's not even close to Ophelia's hate where she let Clare kill her even though she had already awakened or Clare's where she restrained herself to not injure anyone.

What Priscilla did was unforgivable. Somehow Elena and many others could restrain themselves. Priscilla pissed on those who died in black card purge. They were the victims not her.

As for Clare being more of a monster than Priscilla because she joined the organization willingly - another ridiculous thing you've written. She didn't know anything about them besides that Teresa was a Claymore and she wanted to follow her steps and avenge her death. On her way she saved as many lives as Priscilla has killed (i.e. tons, directly and indirectly) so cut the crap give me a break.
Sorry Gooral.

The Org is responsible for the creation of all Yoma, AB, AE, AO and Claymore warriors past, present and future.

It was the Organization that sent an untested, immature, potential nut job into the field without proper care attached.

Its akin to slapping a 14 year old in a stick shift and saying, "Cya at home k."
And then walking off. He likely doesn't have the first clue what to do.
And has to slowly make costly progress that can place him or her and many others and great risk to life, limb and property.

If that was done in the real world... the parents wouldn't be able to even get a word in over the outrage. (...In America...) lol

So the Org takes full responsibility for sending a near total unknown to face an exponentially more experienced, and possibly even more powerful, opponent.
Then you have Illena who tells her to take Teresa's head no matter what...

Not the smartest thing to say to the greenie fresh out of the academy with all sorts of BS still ringing in her ears.

The fault is both the Organizations and Illena's. For not understanding just what they were asking prior to asking it. Don't even get started on Teresa's handler.

Priscilla demonstrated a dangerous single mindedness that should have had her removed from consideration. Again this falls squarely into the Organizations lap.
So is Priscilla completely exonerated from her behavior due to the stupidity displayed by both the Organization and Illena? ... Yes.

Due to the speed at which the Organization operates and the conditions that the "recruits" are treated to during their training Priscilla is prevented from emotionally maturing, and over coming the trauma of her youth.

Want proof that she never aged emotionally.
Look at her first appearance. The way she talks to herself, the way she excuses her actions to a person of lower rank, the way she expects to be beaten for being "late." And the speed at which she forgets she was ever threatened by Noel.

She shows a single mindedness that is to child like to have been accidental.
Overly obsessed with doing what she was told. An absolute belief that all she has been told is not only true, but beyond question.

The sudden and abrupt mood swings.
With an at all costs mentality.

So now place that mind within the body of the most powerful awakened creature you have ever seen.
A mind that doesn't know discipline, restraint, consequence and reward.

And you get Priscilla.
An awakened being that is clueless and careless to the things around her, and who remains... focused on carrying out her last orders, even if she can't remember who it is she is supposed to kill.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:18   Link #265
MalakTawus

Quote:
Look, even if the Org was the catalyst for Priscilla's awful transformation, she has to own up to all the people she's killed and accept responsibility for their deaths.
Why should she own up to all the people that she killed?After the awakening there is nothing that she could do,humans are just food for ABs,so it's absurd to say that Prissy is evil,especially since she eat everyone that she killed (in a sense she didn't "waste" food).The only ones that should be judged with human morale are the Mibs since they are humans.
It's not that Prissy is evil,it's just that she is an AB.
Prissy was a normal human,her family was killed by a yoma created by the org, and always the org is responsable for her becoming a monsters.These are the only facts that imo can be judged by human's morale,everything that she did after that it's Prissy just being a super powerful AB.
It's true that humans has to stop Prissy (good luck with that),but not because she's evil,Prissy must be stopped simply because she's a dangerous enemy for humanity.

Irene didn't have any responsability in Prissy's a wakening,she said Prissy to fight with all she got only when there could still be hope to win the fight,but as soon as Irene saw Teresa's real strenght she said Prissy to stop that they'll have other occasions to attack again in the future.
Irene couldn't know about Teresa's real power and couldn't know about Prissy's possible mental instability,so she didn't do anything stupid,as soon as she understood the situation it was already too late.
Old 2011-01-06, 17:26   Link #266
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Why should she own up to all the people that she killed?After the awakening there is nothing that she could do,humans are just food for ABs,so it's absurd to say that Prissy is evil,especially since she eat everyone that she killed (in a sense she didn't "waste" food).The only ones that should be judged with human morale are the Mibs since they are humans.
Prissy was a normal human,her family was killed by a yoma created by the org, and always the org is responsable for her becoming a monsters.These are the only facts that imo can be judged by human's morale,everything that she did after that it's Prissy just being a super powerful AB.
It's true that humans has to stop Prissy (good luck with that),but not because she's evil,Prissy must be stopped simply because she's a dangerous enemy for humanity.
Pris waste food – that chapter when she meets isley that kill 1 man and just taste the blood without eating the flesh
Hey maybe she can be responsibility by wasting food…. Yes, this way she has to kill more
Old 2011-01-06, 18:09   Link #267
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

For what it's worth, I do hold the Organization responsible for almost everything that happens on the island, simply because of the fact that the entire island is a glorified lab experiment for the Organization to refine their creation of Claymores.
Old 2011-01-06, 18:17   Link #268
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
For what it's worth, I do hold the Organization responsible for almost everything that happens on the island, simply because of the fact that the entire island is a glorified lab experiment for the Organization to refine their creation of Claymores.
That is not the point itself. Beside that, is pris responsible or is an evil creature? I said she is but because she is forced to do their evil deeds, there is no point in calling her bad guy
Old 2011-01-06, 18:25   Link #269
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

On the contrary, it's the very heart of the matter.

The Organization basically owns the island itself, and everything Claymore or Yoma related on the island is either a direct action of the Organization, or an incidental act.

I guess you could say that Priscilla might be an incidental act. Presumably, they did not intend her to become an Abyssal One.

However, think about it...what if it was a direct action on their part? What if they intended everything to happen as it happened?

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the ghosts make it to the Org's main room and they're all "Congratulations, our experiment to make you into true supersoldiers has panned out, now go to the mainland and win our war for us."
Old 2011-01-06, 18:26   Link #270
Verkruk
The Perplexing One(s)

I still think she is evil...
Old 2011-01-06, 18:40   Link #271
MalakTawus

Quote:
Pris waste food – that chapter when she meets isley that kill 1 man and just taste the blood without eating the flesh
Hey maybe she can be responsibility by wasting food…. Yes, this way she has to kill more
Check again.Prissy didn't waste any food at that time,she ate all their guts.
ABs generally don't eat everything in humans,their "targets" are the guts,and she surely ate them since those humans had a BIIIIG hole in their abdomen.

Quote:
However, think about it...what if it was a direct action on their part? What if they intended everything to happen as it happened?
I REALLY doubt this is the case.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:35   Link #272
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Check again.Prissy didn't waste any food at that time,she ate all their guts.
ABs generally don't eat everything in humans,their "targets" are the guts,and she surely ate them since those humans had a BIIIIG hole in their abdomen.

I REALLY doubt this is the case.
I don’t remember the chapter.
What I remember about is that poor man that wanted to rape pris got is guts destroyed with 1 finger attack. So, if she destroyed her guts this way, she is not consuming what she should do.
Old 2011-01-06, 20:51   Link #273
MalakTawus

Quote:
I don’t remember the chapter.
What I remember about is that poor man that wanted to rape pris got is guts destroyed with 1 finger attack. So, if she destroyed her guts this way, she is not consuming what she should do.
It seems that she can also eat that way (it's not clear if she is super fast or if she really can eat without using her mouth),she didn't destroy the guts,she ate them all.
If you look how Prissy "ate" Riful it's clear that she can eat that way too.
Old 2011-01-06, 21:02   Link #274
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
It seems that she can also eat that way (it's not clear if she is super fast or if she really can eat without using her mouth),she didn't destroy the guts,she ate them all.
If you look how Prissy "ate" Riful it's clear that she can eat that way too.
You say *sucking the guts guy*? Is that how pris eat?
Hummmm…. Nice try. *She ate the twins with her mouth* and what you trying to say is not seen.
Old 2011-01-06, 21:41   Link #275
Quicksword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verkruk View Post
Sorry Gooral.

The Org is responsible for the creation of all Yoma, AB, AE, AO and Claymore warriors past, present and future.

It was the Organization that sent an untested, immature, potential nut job into the field without proper care attached.

Its akin to slapping a 14 year old in a stick shift and saying, "Cya at home k."
And has to slowly make costly progress that can place him or her and many others and great risk to life, limb and property.

If that was done in the real world... the parents wouldn't be able to even get a word in over the outrage. (...In America...) lol

So the Org takes full responsibility for sending a near total unknown to face an exponentially more experienced, and possibly even more powerful, opponent.

Not the smartest thing to say to the greenie fresh out of the academy with all sorts of BS still ringing in her ears.

The fault is both the Organizations and Illena's. For not understanding just what they were asking prior to asking it. Don't even get started on Teresa's handler.

Priscilla demonstrated a dangerous single mindedness that should have had her removed from consideration. Again this falls squarely into the Organizations lap.
So is Priscilla completely exonerated from her behavior due to the stupidity displayed by both the Organization and Illena? ... Yes.

Due to the speed at which the Organization operates and the conditions that the "recruits" are treated to during their training Priscilla is prevented from emotionally maturing, and over coming the trauma of her youth.

Look at her first appearance. The way she talks to herself, the way she excuses her actions to a person of lower rank, the way she expects to be beaten for being "late." And the speed at which she forgets she was ever threatened by Noel.

Overly obsessed with doing what she was told. An absolute belief that all she has been told is not only true, but beyond question.

So now place that mind within the body of the most powerful awakened creature you have ever seen.

And you get Priscilla.
An awakened being that is clueless and careless to the things around her, and who remains... focused on carrying out her last orders, even if she can't remember who it is she is supposed to kill.
I agree with this..well about 90% of it. Childlike or not she hated Yoma and the Ophelia statement is a great example of someone hating the idea of becoming what they hate the most then becoming an AB and allowing for Clare to kill them. Ophelia was also mentally unstable but not to this extent. I'm a bit torn about this though she does have her moments were she (Prisface) regresses back in forth though from a child completely unaware and often times frighten to this arrogant fearless character. To say she doesn't have restraint is a little off base because she didn't kill Raki and eat him and I think that requires a bit more restraint after all these years....It's not just a primal thing with her. It's a bit more complex then just that.
I do agree the MIBs are ultimately responsible for these monster but if Jean, Riful (yes even she have shown restraint...I add her too because of her childlike presence) and Ophelia can keep their some of their human emotions I don't see really why Prisface can't either and she has, Raki for example. Maybe it's the power level. I like your analogy with the kid and a stick shift makes a good deal of sense.
Old 2011-01-06, 21:46   Link #276
Quicksword

Quote:
On the contrary, it's the very heart of the matter.

The Organization basically owns the island itself, and everything Claymore or Yoma related on the island is either a direct action of the Organization, or an incidental act.

I guess you could say that Priscilla might be an incidental act. Presumably, they did not intend her to become an Abyssal One.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if in the end the ghosts make it to the Org's main room and they're all "Congratulations, our experiment to make you into true supersoldiers has panned out, now go to the mainland and win our war for us."
It's funny I too thought that especially after seeing the scene with Miria storming the organizations door. The way they talk about her...like yeah so this is the result of a warrior from that time. The Mibs seem to be pretty impress by Miria.

lol at "Congratulations for making it this far now go fight our war for us"
good one
Old 2011-01-06, 22:05   Link #277
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verkruk View Post
Sorry Gooral.

And you get Priscilla.
I do agree with the majority of your stated points for the obvious reasons that the Org is obsessed with anything else but to create the perfect, controllable-Awakened; then mass-produce the process; deploy the finished products into the mainland, in order for them to achieve the necessary edge to win the war, thus putting Claymores as nothing more than expendable guinea pigs.

From my POV, is that Priscilla in an obvious and natural reaction to such massive mental trauma, shut herself up and during the interim from being a trainee up to being promoted #2 by the ORG, she was delivered their logic and own stance of what they regard as moral (a.k.a. as their b******t).
Up to this point, I definitely agree with you.

The trouble I had is that Priscilla remains a mentally child for the rest of the course of her short-lived career as a Claymore. Basically, she can be excused of everything, but I don't know if she can be excused at least for Teresa's murder.

To my limited understanding children in real-life start to become aware that their actions have consequences at the onset of their pre-teens, likely around or between the ages of 10 to 12, provided that they have been living in a stable home and environment, and been under the care of a responsible adult.

I know, I know that Priscilla was left mentally traumatized just like everyone else in the Claymoreverse by the Yoma.

But there's a key to all of this, and Teresa shot at that topic when she threatened the bandit, whom she accidentally sliced off his hand, and was savagely beating little Clare.

The bandit taunted at her that she couldn't lay a finger on him due to the rules in fear of the Organizations' reprisal for breaking them.
Teresa stoically replied him back that it was her Choice to kill or not a human; following or not the rules; Her Freedom; Her Basic Right as a human.

Her choice. Choice to kill or not kill; choice to keep on living as an ORG's tool or living for Clare's sake.

Of course, such a concept wouldn't be understandable for a fragile child like Priscilla at such a young age after that hellish ordeal at the time.

But, even if she did not grow up mentally, she grew within the Organization even if she had swallowed all their rhetoric to her heart's content.

What I'm trying to say is that I'm empathetic for what happened to Priscilla and her family before being Claymore. From becoming a little human child to a little child Claymore trainee, it wouldn't be possible for Priscilla to get the grasp on the concept of choice.

However, when Priscilla grew-up into a teenaged Claymore and got promoted as the next 2, and got as first assignment to be part of the Kill-Teresa extermination squad, there were a few scenarios presented to her where she had a Choice:

1. Right after Teresa pawned the four and left town with Clare, Irene told her to regroup with the others and re-think calmly their strategy to get another shot at killing Teresa to fulfill the mission.
Priscilla had a choice: either stay still and listen to Irene, although that would have meant swallowing her pride or let herself burn in murderous rage, forfeit her comrades, and going all by herself to kill Teresa.

2. Teresa at 10% Yoki-released level beats Priscilla's butt, the latter dangerously at the 80% Yoki-edge level. Teresa warned and told Priscilla to supress her Yoki right away and reverting to human form.
Priscilla had another choice: Either to make herself realize, if even by force, she was a brink away of becoming into that thing she hated the most, and thus reverting back on her own; or dropping rock-bottom into the abyss of hatred, overlooking Teresas' cautionary words with a grain of salt, and keep on pushing the match in order to fulfill her murderous intent.

Yes, the Org is as guilty for the calamities and madness that have afflicted the island and its inhabitants.

Irene's guilty at least for being blinded at the fact that Priscilla was a mental and inexperienced child not yet ready for an opponent of Teresa's caliber.

But, to my view, the teenaged-Claymore Priscilla is guilty for the choices she made that led her to the tragedy of her Awakening into the One-Horned Monster (or B***h, if anyone prefers), and at least I will hold her responsible for Teresa's murder, before awakening.

Now, Verkruk, I'm more than ready for you to present your evidence and statements to refute most, if not all, of my posted arguments. For the simple fact that is your right to debate and discuss, as well as for bringing me facts and feedback that definitely I know I had overlooked.

Reason I'm a newbie in all of this debate, and definitely there are about at least hundreds of guys out there, including you, that are more knowledgeable in this subject.

Last reason because I am not a narrow-minded person, that will shut himself with the just the first option or facts that is presented to.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:08   Link #278
Quicksword

Quote:

Irene didn't have any responsability in Prissy's a wakening,she said Prissy to fight with all she got only when there could still be hope to win the fight,but as soon as Irene saw Teresa's real strenght she said Prissy to stop that they'll have other occasions to attack again in the future.
Irene couldn't know about Teresa's real power and couldn't know about Prissy's possible mental instability,so she didn't do anything stupid,as soon as she understood the situation it was already too late.
On the contrary humans are not just food, some or one are means to get to a particular scent. If humans were food Prisface would of ate Raki along time ago. She should of ate Rene for picking on Raki lol. She could have ate Clare as well when she confronted her but she didn't. Prisface all this time was doing some investigating. That's something, for a being such as her to do some ground work. It's just says to me that it is not as primal as we like to think.

Prisface and evil..hmm..that smirk was so evil but damn she didn't just give Raki a hand she gave him her whole arm. Let us think about all the things she had been doing with just an arm...lol
"Catch you later Raki...here's a little something for all your hard work." lol

Wait...wait..wait remembering what she said to the twins.. "So that's your sister..aww she came to help you..she'll die too." "What failures you guys are....The dolls that aren't suppose to show emotion."
Prisface and Evil

Then there's more "So you brought her little body with you but in all the commotion you forgot why you allowed yourself to be impaled and lost sight of what you were fighting for." That was Riful and Duff moment...wow..so many examples.
Prisface and Evil

I truly believe Prisface is aware she is a monster and loving it.
She needs to be put down quick.

I hope Clare is seriously giving her a serious mind-fnck.
Old 2011-01-06, 22:17   Link #279
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Also gotta love:

Duff: If you hurt Riful you'll regret it!
Priscilla: And how do you intend to do that?
Duff: I'll rip your arms off and tear your guts out!
Priscilla: Funny, I was thinking about doing the same thing.
Old 2011-01-06, 23:02   Link #280
Quicksword

Quote:
Also gotta love:

Duff: If you hurt Riful you'll regret it!
Priscilla: And how do you intend to do that?
Duff: I'll rip your arms off and tear your guts out!
Priscilla: Funny, I was thinking about doing the same thing.
Good you used direct quotes from the manga.
I'm still laughing at the welcoming party for the Ghosts at the org.
I can image like party hats being place on each one of their heads and the confetti.

Then the banner that reads "Congratulations you did it, now off to the mainland"
Closed Thread