AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-19, 09:10   Link #481
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I ended up rewatching that episode, and then episodes 22 & 23 so many times each day.. ^^;;
Old 2006-12-19, 15:02   Link #482
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

23 was my fav epi, it was also my fav part from the manga too. Doumeki totally rocked in both 22 and 23. I wish Yuuko had told Watanuki what the women was since I wanted to know! but I get why he didnt want to know. Gah I love 23.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-19, 15:08   Link #483
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

With episode 23, everything right down to the camera angles was perfect, they easily went the whole mile to make it stand out of the whole show. Indeed its my fav' story from the manga.. maybe one of the best stories i've ever read, so seeing it work so well in anime form pushes the show to probably my fav' of this year. & i can't be forgetting the music.. simply beautiful.
Old 2007-07-02, 11:24   Link #484
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Time for a good old bump~

It was announced at AX that the first volume shall be going on sale 2008. If its late 08, i'm going to kill Funimation.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:35   Link #485
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Another wonderful bump, though i'm probably the only one who cares.

Apart from the official soundtrack that was released along with one of the DVD's, we now have a release date for the xxxHolic sound file, a complete collection of music from the series. The CD that came along with the DVD only had 17 tracks --- with plenty of BGM tracks missing from the series.

Link~

Being a huge fan of S.E.N.S. music, i can not wait for this release. There are a few tracks from the series that i loved, and didn't appear on the soundtrack, so i look very forward to this.
Old 2007-08-12, 04:23   Link #486
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

yeah!!! great news for all xxxHolic fans!!

there will be a new season of Holic! ^_^

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070811

but again, we shall wait for the official news....
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-17, 04:21   Link #487
netddos

they gotta finish what they've done with the manga

horay for the second season of holic!
netddos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 09:40   Link #488
Calver

Searching for a Youkai

I was educating myself on what a zashiki-warashi is (via wikipedia) and found under the "popular culture" section that there is one in xxxHolic that "develops a crush on" Watanuki. I realize that doesn't help much but I have a pretty good memory of the manga and anime series and cannot seem to recall this character. I realize it's possible that I simply haven't gotten to that part yet, but if anyone knows which chapter or episode this character shows up in, could you let me know? I've read up to volume 10 of the English rendition, so if it comes after that I suppose there's a good reason I don't remember it
Calver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:40   Link #489
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calver View Post
I was educating myself on what a zashiki-warashi is (via wikipedia) and found under the "popular culture" section that there is one in xxxHolic that "develops a crush on" Watanuki. I realize that doesn't help much but I have a pretty good memory of the manga and anime series and cannot seem to recall this character. I realize it's possible that I simply haven't gotten to that part yet, but if anyone knows which chapter or episode this character shows up in, could you let me know? I've read up to volume 10 of the English rendition, so if it comes after that I suppose there's a good reason I don't remember it
She shows up in the anime in episode 11, I haven't read the manga so I have no idea when that happens in there.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 10:50   Link #490
Lycestra
feed me weird things
*Fansubber

The Zashiki-Warashi appears for the first time in the first chapter of volume 4 of the manga on St. Valentine's Day.

She was also indirectly referred to in episode 7 (Hydrangea) at the end before the Rain Sprite disappears.

The fansub also established a translation of "Vestal Sprite," which comes from Vesta, the Roman hearth goddess, who has a similar "good household" spirit as a Zashiki-Warashi does. Parallels to the Germanic "Brownie" have also been drawn. The DelRey manga, from what I hear, uses the direct "Zashiki-Warashi" title/name.
Lycestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 15:51   Link #491
Calver

Ah, thank you for the explanation.
I saw the subs before I read the manga, so I always thought of her as "the vestal spirit." I wasn't sure on the background of the term, but a dictionary told me it meant chastity. This sounded correct to me due to her innocent nature and the fact that she lives more or less secluded on a mountain.
Living on a mountain and living in a house didn't really mesh in my head, so I didn't think it was her. Of course, this was written by clamp, so...
Thanks again.
Calver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 17:42   Link #492
SinsI

Any news on the release of the licensed version? I tried searching and besides the entry for two VA's in ANN's encyclopedia (and that might be false as it's a user-submitted site) nothing showed any sign of a progress.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 18:18   Link #493
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Any news on the release of the licensed version?
The last piece of information given from FUNI is that the first volume shall go on sale early 2008.
Old 2007-12-07, 00:23   Link #494
rooboy
Umeboshi!

It's either February or March (they've already announced when the first volume is coming out, but I can't remember which it is).

Found it, apparently it's April, but it is on the six week release schedule that Funimation has been using for a lot of series. Apparently they're timing it with Tsubasa so a volume of one is out every three weeks.
Old 2008-05-25, 18:16   Link #495
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I actually finished this series a week ago but only just remembered to come to this thread

Great series! its been pure enjoyment to watch this. Its quite funny though being so episodic but then again, I did enjoy hell girl just for that reason.

The characters are all great, I just love how Doumeki messes with Watanuki but makes it look like he doesn't know any better. He is a sly devil in disguise XD

And my heart goes to Watanuki for all those times his heart gets crushed because of Himawari being "too kind"

Yuuko remains to be my favorite character thoughout though. There's just nothing about her I don't love ^^

And it's great that the second season is already airing so I don't need to wait :3
(All I need is the time to watch ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-28, 06:47   Link #496
KimmyChan

I really love xXxHolic! It's one of my favourite Clamp animes of all time

I have all of series 1 on DVD of it so far and can't wait for Kei to finally get released aswell soon
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 03:57   Link #497
YuriEcchiGirl

Without a doubt my most favourite & enjoyed of all of CLAMP's series ever made & released
Old 2013-03-04, 03:10   Link #498
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Will be trying this show out, can anyone tell me how the feel about the show entirely and the characters without spoiling to much?

Found out Erza has the same VA.

Tags
fantasy, seinen