Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-21, 16:25   Link #861
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I liked it, a boss main character rather than the usual pussies/weaklings you get in this sort of anime is refreshing.

Definitely my favorite show this season my only compliant would be taking so long to get to any real story progression.
This... It is so rare to have a main character already maxed out, it is a breath of fresh air. Some of us have dealt with the level one hero journey too many times and need a break... This is my anime of the season because of Akutski. Hell the main character in a fiction story I have been working on for the past 11 years skips the majority of that level building for that reason...
Old 2012-09-21, 18:05   Link #862
ImperialFlameGod8190

agreed on both points newhope and like DxD its bound to get a second season especially with that ending i mean seriously haruka and akatsuki havent kissed yet
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:48   Link #863
Archmagination2002

Boy the subs are really slow coming out with this one. I only watched the raw till the shadow council showed up and then realized I wanted to completely understand the episode since it was the season finale. I am not sure I liked how he won.. it seemed rushed and too simple.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:49   Link #864
Crisis
Rock on ^^

Dropping this anime as well. Echchi is missing big time for an echchi anime! And, the pink haired girl is badly drawn.

All these little echchi and then continuous fights piss me off! Miss goo ol anime like Ranma 1/2 where echchi lasted a long time.

Cosplay at it's best Thread
Crisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 18:55   Link #865
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Yuusha 12 - And Away We Go:
I'll agree that Akatsuki could stand to face more difficulties or struggle at least a little bit. However, he's not the most boring OP main character I've ever seen in anime though, that title belongs to the Tenchi Muyo series. ANY of them. At least Akatsuki has flaws -_-

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 04:33   Link #866
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Damn, there is no past arc. The anime simply ends at episode 12, the end of LN volume 3, while past arc when he was still weak featured in volume 4 and 5...

BTW, it seems like some veteran LN readers drop this series because it's too similar to Dragon Ball for some obvious reason.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 06:38   Link #867
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.12

well give good news, bad news, & seem more to go on it.

good news
everyone is safe cause boss block phil-dragon blast & tell miu believe in akatsuki give a wrist band & also vice pres as well.
yea boss slay phil-dragon everything all fine.

bad news
Alazzard world yea bit yikes since probs monsters, demon, etc going wild since phil-dragon is slayed with phil’s owner is shock.
with princess listy seem ok phil is gone but probs attack cry for boss & he on the way.

hmm news
secret meeting going seem like more hmm on boss akatsuki & want ready plan Y.
kaido sorta sneak help boss with chains & oh spy with council members to watch boss.

etc
miu reveal her secret to shorty & lesbian after boss grab miu’s “fun size” so all in travel to Alazzard give kaido chain himself along wtih vice pres grab in too cue the adventure continues.

& odds for s2 so must happen really where else main guy such a BOSS.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 08:12   Link #868
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a really inconclusive ending. There are so many plot threads left hanging it's ridiculous. I hope they have a second season planned.
Old 2012-09-22, 09:19   Link #869
Jarppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was a really inconclusive ending. There are so many plot threads left hanging it's ridiculous. I hope they have a second season planned.
Lets hope this sell enough blurays and dvd's. For and ecchi anime this was kinda cool and second season looks even better when they go at another world.
Jarppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 11:07   Link #870
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I'll agree that Akatsuki could stand to face more difficulties or struggle at least a little bit. However, he's not the most boring OP main character I've ever seen in anime though, that title belongs to the Tenchi Muyo series. ANY of them. At least Akatsuki has flaws -_-
No son...no lol.

Anyway, BAWS episode finale was BAWS. Give me that season 2 as soon as possible. Gave this a 10 out of 10, flaws and all. Why? Akatsuki, nuff said. Loved him being unbeatable, was awesome seeing him kick ass and take names. You get tired of the same old same old of girls being the fighters while guys are always worthless spineless wimps. Only time you get a decent male MC is in shounen, and I didn't care to see the usual "level up" phase either, so that was another plus for me.

So yea, keep em coming ARMS.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:32   Link #871
Awrya
U mad?

Pretty decent show, I give it 8/10. Like the fact that the MC was reasonably strong at the beginning and didn't start as a rag doll.
Hope they decide to make S2, the ending wasn't really an ending, it felt more like a prelude for the adventures in Alezard.
Old 2012-09-22, 13:49   Link #872
cyberdemon

That ending makes it seem pretty clear that they have every intention of doing a second season.
Old 2012-09-22, 14:50   Link #873
ookamigirl

Akki vs the dragon.
That was a seriously epic fight!
That guy really is an amazing hero.
So there are men in the shadows plotting here as well.
Not too surprising.
Looks like everyone is going to Alazzard.
The way things are heading season 2 is very possible.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 17:08   Link #874
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That ending makes it seem pretty clear that they have every intention of doing a second season.
All that's clear is that the creators WANT to do a second season. Lets just hope they actually get the OK.

I liked this series a lot. Yes, the main character is basically Marty Stu, but 1) This is a story about what happens AFTER the hero has already saved the world, and 2) In my opinion having an invincible main character would only be boring if every story out there does it... Which isn't the case.

I never viewed this as an "ecchi" anime nor a "harem" anime. To the first, yes there's a decent amounts of ecchi scenes, but to me that's just fan appeal since the story's main focus seems to be Akatsuki being epic in general. As for the latter.. Everything is clearly set-up to make Myu the main love interest, so I don't quite see the "harem" here. It's not like there are any girls vying for his attention either.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 17:09   Link #875
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Akki vs the dragon.
That was a seriously epic fight!
That guy really is an amazing hero.
So there are men in the shadows plotting here as well.
Not too surprising.
Looks like everyone is going to Alazzard.
The way things are heading season 2 is very possible.
The people in the shadows are the same ones we saw in episode 1, COCOON members.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 17:25   Link #876
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Everything is clearly set-up to make Myu the main love interest, so I don't quite see the "harem" here. It's not like there are any girls vying for his attention either.
Spoiler for Kinda spoiler, but should be ok for people who finished the anime:

But even then, I feel it can easily be a harem setting cause of Akatsuki's nature. Most of the time, the harem MC is all confused about what's going on. Even in Godou's case, its not exactly something he's familiar with. Akatsuki on the other hand is VERY comfortable with women. So I honestly feel that if you show some interest in him, he WILL give you the response you're looking for, even if he was making out with another girl the previous night. Its just his nature, and I think that is where the Harem aspect can come from, him having no issue being "involved" with whoever wants him.
Old 2012-09-22, 17:32   Link #877
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Spoiler for Kinda spoiler, but should be ok for people who finished the anime:

But even then, I feel it can easily be a harem setting cause of Akatsuki's nature. Most of the time, the harem MC is all confused about what's going on. Even in Godou's case, its not exactly something he's familiar with. Akatsuki on the other hand and is VERY comfortable with women. So I honestly feel that if you show some interest in him, he WILL give you the response you're looking for, even if he was making out with another girl the previous night. Its just his nature, and I think that is where the Harem aspect can come from, him having no issue being "involved" with whoever wants him.
Which makes him even more epic.
Old 2012-09-22, 17:32   Link #878
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Which makes him even more epic.
Oh absolutely lol
Old 2012-09-22, 18:16   Link #879
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
But even then, I feel it can easily be a harem setting cause of Akatsuki's nature. Most of the time, the harem MC is all confused about what's going on. Even in Godou's case, its not exactly something he's familiar with. Akatsuki on the other hand is VERY comfortable with women. So I honestly feel that if you show some interest in him, he WILL give you the response you're looking for, even if he was making out with another girl the previous night. Its just his nature, and I think that is where the Harem aspect can come from, him having no issue being "involved" with whoever wants him.
I suppose that's not exactly untrue, but only while he hasn't chosen anyone yet. If he at some point were to have an actual girlfriend, I'd doubt he'd do anything to trample on her feelings.

That said, he hasn't been very open about his feelings towards anyone. I mean he clearly cares about Myu, I'm just not sure how far that extends. So for the moment we can consider him to indeed not having chosen anyone yet.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 18:23   Link #880
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That said, he hasn't been very open about his feelings towards anyone. I mean he clearly cares about Myu, I'm just not sure how far that extends. So for the moment we can consider him to indeed not having chosen anyone yet.
True, it does seem like he feels a sisterly bond with her. But at the same time, I'm sure he won't be refusing an offer for sex if she asked.

Iunno, I get vibes like Akatsuki is someone who necessarily wouldn't care about CHOOSING to be in a monogamous relationship. He probably wouldn't cheat on his girlfriend, but he strikes me as someone who would remain single with "benefits" to prevent just that.

Tags
action, ecchi, shounen