AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 13:13   Link #1741
Gray Servant

It's not just blood vessels I think, Accel talks about nerve damage as well I believe. Whether or not it would affect Kakine is a good question, but him being "stained by science" is a major plot point, so I doubt it'd be fun for him at all.

Quote:
Just wondering, has the possibility of a use-by-proxy system been discussed at all?

(e.g. User A uses one type of power, User B uses a different type of power, User B is in a form where they are equipped to User A, when User A wants something done with the other type of power they send out instructions, User B picks up the instructions and uses their power accordingly)
Mugino and Rikou kind of have this going on, with Rikou helping Mugino aim. Is that what you mean or did I misinterpret?
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:28   Link #1742
Birdway
Banned

Isn't that jus team work? Like daihasesai.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 15:04   Link #1743
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Servant View Post
Mugino and Rikou kind of have this going on, with Rikou helping Mugino aim. Is that what you mean or did I misinterpret?
What I had in mind was either the power held by one of the users being a magic-type and the other being an esper-type, or two different esper-types or something along those lines - two normally incompatible types of power.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 15:43   Link #1744
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
What I had in mind was either the power held by one of the users being a magic-type and the other being an esper-type, or two different esper-types or something along those lines - two normally incompatible types of power.
Ah I see. Well for the magic/esper thing, the best way to think about it is that AIM just fucking hates mana. So if an esper uses mana at all, he's going to have a bad time, and if a magician tries to use mana where there's alot of AIM around, he's going to have a bad time. If the trick can ensure that the esper isn't exposed to mana and the magician isn't exposed to AIM, it should work.

For the Esper/Esper thing, the Level Upper arc showed that you can use other people's powers through a network as long as you have their brains to support it for you. Might be interesting if a telepath-type esper could facilitate this between two espers on purpose.
Old 2013-10-08, 20:03   Link #1745
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
Ah I see. Well for the magic/esper thing, the best way to think about it is that AIM just fucking hates mana. So if an esper uses mana at all, he's going to have a bad time, and if a magician tries to use mana where there's alot of AIM around, he's going to have a bad time. If the trick can ensure that the esper isn't exposed to mana and the magician isn't exposed to AIM, it should work.

For the Esper/Esper thing, the Level Upper arc showed that you can use other people's powers through a network as long as you have their brains to support it for you. Might be interesting if a telepath-type esper could facilitate this between two espers on purpose.
Rather than AIM and mana, I think it has something to do more about the different laws governing magic and esper abilities. Magic is based on Idol Theory, while Esper abilities are based on scientific phenomena. The laws governing them just contradicts/clashes each other.

Think the effect to the user when both using magic and esper ability is more akin to a "computer crash". For an esper, think of magic as an "exception". If an exception cannot be handled by the system, the system crashes.

P.S. AIM and mana does not necessarily hate each other because if it is then Stiyl would have already died while battling Kamijou in Volume 1, given the abundance of AIM in AC.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 20:11   Link #1746
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossKagaxx View Post
P.S. AIM and mana does not necessarily hate each other because if it is then Stiyl would have already died while battling Kamijou in Volume 1, given the abundance of AIM in AC.
It takes a large amount of AIM. That's the reason that Kazakiri causes magicians to start coughing up blood when she goes Fuze, because she exudes a massive amount of AIM in that form.
Old 2013-10-08, 20:42   Link #1747
BossKagaxx
Shrouded in mystery...

Quote:
It takes a large amount of AIM. That's the reason that Kazakiri causes magicians to start coughing up blood when she goes Fuze, because she exudes a massive amount of AIM in that form.
Yes, what I mean is magicians aren't necessarily affected by AIM that is dispersed (AC is filled with AIM by default) unless the AIM gathers and forming intense pressure (what kazakiri did), thus affecting magicians. So its more like the pressure caused by gathering of AIM is what affected the magicians.
BossKagaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:02   Link #1748
Deemark

Hey i guys i've thinking up a character for fun. Ive been thinking of 2 main powers, controlling protons(contrary to electrons) and dividing /or editing number of/and or directly the molecules. What kind of powers/ abilities would these entail
Deemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:45   Link #1749
Javiersansano

It seems to me that would be an esper, so if has t be 1 powed only, that can be applied in both ways.
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:57   Link #1750
Deemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
It seems to me that would be an esper, so if has t be 1 powed only, that can be applied in both ways.
Sorry that was poor word choice on my part by 2 main powers i mean either-or not both
Old 2013-10-10, 14:21   Link #1751
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deemark View Post
Hey i guys i've thinking up a character for fun. Ive been thinking of 2 main powers, controlling protons(contrary to electrons) and dividing /or editing number of/and or directly the molecules. What kind of powers/ abilities would these entail
sigh

Did you do a bit of research before thinking that up?

You might want to think of something else: without any specification on which type of molecules your Esper divide or which atoms he can control the protons of, it is ultimatey an OP* ability. There are thousands types of molecules, in every element on Earth, and protons are the nucleus of atoms, depending on which atoms it wouldn't have the same effects. Without speciying what exactly you mean by ''controlling'' or ''dividing'', it only looks like a OP ability for the sake of being OP.

You're not even original, it's not the first time I see ''manipulate molecule, LOL''. People need to go to the Wikipedia's List of superhuman features and abilities in fiction to see how it's done before trying to basically create a god.

But anyways, ranting aside, you could go for things far more realistic, no need to wank:
  • decompose matter into energy. Based on Einstein's formula, e = mc2, it directly decompose matter down into energy
  • cold fusion based power, capable of a large scale nuclear fusion reaction
  • disperses heavy metals and turns them into plasma. A large beam of plasma can then be moved and shot at an instant

*overpowered
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 15:39   Link #1752
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
sigh

You might want to think of something else: without any specification on which type of molecules your Esper divide or which atoms he can control the protons of, it is ultimatey an OP* ability. There are thousands types of molecules, in every element on Earth, and protons are the nucleus of atoms, depending on which atoms it wouldn't have the same effects. Without speciying what exactly you mean by ''controlling'' or ''dividing'', it only looks like a OP ability for the sake of being OP.

You're not even original, it's not the first time I see ''manipulate molecule, LOL''. People need to go to the Wikipedia's List of superhuman features and abilities in fiction to see how it's done before trying to basically create a god.

But anyways, ranting aside, you could go for things far more realistic, no need to wank:
  • decompose matter into energy. Based on Einstein's formula, e = mc2, it directly decompose matter down into energy
  • disperses heavy metals and turns them into plasma. A large beam of plasma can then be moved and shot at an instant

*overpowered
How much research has the author done to create so many espers (without counting the Sisters, of course).

By the way, something came to my mind after Reading volumen 6 of NT:

So far, we haven't had the real effects of a "true" Awakening described, but supposing that even with that, he and Kakine are still in the Osiris Aeon, what would Level 6 o SYSTEM be?

If level 6 is getting out of God's System, then it must be being able to TRULY CREATE instead of using what already exists in the world, like everyone does. In Accel and Kakine's case, it would be, respectively:

- Create His own movement, velocity & inercy equations and vectors, instead of depending on the ones devised by science a.k.a, shifting from "believing" in GOD/SCIENCE to believing in ONESELF

- Create matter beyond the theories science side has come out; a new type of particle a.k.a shifting from "believing" in GOD/SCIENCE to believing in ONESELF

And if Aleister gets access to the power to créate inercy laws and matter, then he should be able to créate a "NEW HEAVEN" or new universe. Which is probably another step to reach SYSTEM/DRAGON/AEON OF HORUS or Aiwass.

Maybe Imagine Breaker is exactly that, SOMETHING CREATED OUTSIDE GOD'S SYSTEM.

Another good comparison would be, assuming that my interpretation of SYSTEM is correct, Magic God grants Access to the 100% of the possibilities in the Univers, while SYSTEM allows one to go for the possibilities beyond the universe a.k.a, "true" infinite possibilities.

On another note, I'm betting that Aleister only wants to "establish the method" for becoming a DRAGON
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 15:57   Link #1753
Deemark

Quote:
sigh

*overpowered
First thing i just asked what kind of powers would the dividing/manipulating molecules bring so i would know dividing which molecule could be the most effective. I did not ask to get lectured on it being op i also didnt ask for power suggestion which you contradictory stole from another light novels wiki. Geez learn to actually have a imagination of course some powers will be op its fiction for christ sake. You must have forgotten half of the characters in this novel have overpowered powers.
Old 2013-10-10, 18:27   Link #1754
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
First thing i just asked what kind of powers would the dividing/manipulating molecules bring so i would know dividing which molecule could be the most effective. I did not ask to get lectured on it being op i also didnt ask for power suggestion which you contradictory stole from another light novels wiki. Geez learn to actually have a imagination of course some powers will be op its fiction for christ sake. You must have forgotten half of the characters in this novel have overpowered powers.
And those powers still made more sense than yours.
What did you want me to say? ''Oh well, by controlling protons, your character can remove the protons from an atom, which leaves it with only neutrons and electrons, and the result is...well, the other neutrons will transform into protons to balance the charges and create another atom...depending on which atom was manipulated in the first place.''
Or better!
''By weakening molecular bonds, you can pass through matter! (theorically)''
Not really helpful, is it?
That's because since the beginning, you did not think it through deeply You just went ''oh well, cutting and controlling atoms sounds awesome!''
Cool bro, but what do you wanna do with that? That is the question, you can't just ask people what it would do, what if you're disappointed?
Listen, when you think of a superpower, a recommended thing to do would be to think of what it does before thinking of how it does it. ''Controlling protons'' and ''dividing molecules'' is not a power, it's the cause of a power.
Quote:
Geez learn to actually have a imagination
I have one, actually, just didn't want to waste my time thinking up a power in your place.
Quote:
of course some powers will be op its fiction for christ sake
That it's fiction is not an excuse. That's the easy way out. ''Oh, my character is GODLIKE! YOU CAN DO NOTHING BECAUSE IT IS FICTION!!!''
And we can say ''then don't expect us to like it''.
Quote:
You must have forgotten half of the characters in this novel have overpowered powers
And it's done and explained well. With the exception of Kakine and Guhna, you can clearly see he thought up a power then built up an explanation around it.
Take example on him.
Quote:
I did not ask to get lectured on it
Don't expect people to praise you for not taking your own things seriously. Or are you one of those people writting fanfics and asking for ''constructive criticism'', but when you have a bad review, you give the ''Don't like, don't read'' handwave? Sorry, but that's not how the Internet works.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2013-10-10 at 19:04.
Old 2013-10-10, 18:40   Link #1755
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Just tell the man he was being too vague. That's one reason I was ignoring his post because there was nothing nice I could say even though I already thought of an ability that uses protons lol.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 19:13   Link #1756
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Just tell the man he was being too vague. That's one reason I was ignoring his post because there was nothing nice I could say even though I already thought of an ability that uses protons lol.
Yeah, I may be a bit harsh, but the Internet is full of bigger assholes than me. And don't misunderstand, I'm always interested in seeing people thinking up new powers, but that was a really clumsy attempt, and frankly sounds more like an idea made in the spur of the moment than a real project.
Old 2013-10-10, 21:17   Link #1757
Deemark

Quote:
And those powers still made more sense than yours.
What did you want me to say? ''Oh well, by controlling protons, your character can remove the protons from an atom, which leaves it with only neutrons and electrons, and the result is...well, the other neutrons will transform into protons to balance the charges and create another atom...depending on which atom was manipulated in the first place.''
Or better!
''By weakening molecular bonds, you can pass through matter! (theorically)''
Not really helpful, is it?
That's because since the beginning, you did not think it through deeply You just went ''oh well, cutting and controlling atoms sounds awesome!''
Cool bro, but what do you wanna do with that? That is the question, you can't just ask people what it would do, what if you're disappointed?
Listen, when you think of a superpower, a recommended thing to do would be to think of what it does before thinking of how it does it. ''Controlling protons'' and ''dividing molecules'' is not a power, it's the cause of a power.

I have one, actually, just didn't want to waste my time thinking up a power in your place.

That it's fiction is not an excuse. That's the easy way out. ''Oh, my character is GODLIKE! YOU CAN DO NOTHING BECAUSE IT IS FICTION!!!''
And we can say ''then don't expect us to like it''.

And it's done and explained well. With the exception of Kakine and Guhna, you can clearly see he thought up a power then built up an explanation around it.
Take example on him.

Don't expect people to praise you for not taking your own things seriously. Or are you one of those people writting fanfics and asking for ''constructive criticism'', but when you have a bad review, you give the ''Don't like, don't read'' handwave? Sorry, but that's not how the Internet works.
"thats not how the internet works"is a stupid excuse.i understand that the internet is full of assholes, but that doesnt mean you have to be one. i guess this one is my fault for expecting replies to at least, just tell me something helpful like that im bieng vague(besides demino) or " you should rethink the power because that would be op". i understand that i should of thought about it more, but since when does that mean you have to go rant about how much i didnt think about it or how bad my idea was,but i guess "thats just how the internet works". i really dont think this has anything to do with fanfic i just wanted to make a character whats so bad or requires bieng a asshole about that it just wastes both peoples time.
Old 2013-10-11, 00:07   Link #1758
FallenHero

Quote:
The two powers you describe are so vague to the point that they would allow the character to practically do anything. An almighty character is not inherently bad, but it is very easy to screw up writing one due to how difficult it is to introduce anything that can challenge them. Placing limitations is a good way to trim incredibly powerful abilities. Making physical contact a requirement or defining what materials they can enact their power on are good ones.

Out of curiosity, what exactly inspired you to choose those two powers for your character?

Quote:
"thats not how the internet works"is a stupid excuse.i understand that the internet is full of assholes, but that doesnt mean you have to be one. i guess this one is my fault for expecting replies to at least, just tell me something helpful like that im bieng vague(besides demino) or " you should rethink the power because that would be op". i understand that i should of thought about it more, but since when does that mean you have to go rant about how much i didnt think about it or how bad my idea was,but i guess "thats just how the internet works". i really dont think this has anything to do with fanfic i just wanted to make a character whats so bad or requires bieng a asshole about that it just wastes both peoples time.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to create a character for the sake of creating a character. While I do find allfictions's responses to be needlessly condescending, the way you respond back does not help the situation.

On that note, do not disregard everything allfictions has said. There are some good things there such as this (minus the condescending parts).

Quote:
People need to go to the Wikipedia's List of superhuman features and abilities in fiction to see how it's done before trying to basically create a god.

@allfictions

Constructive criticism is a bitter pill for most people to swallow. Attacking the person along with their ideas will only make them reject your criticism no matter how right you are.
FallenHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 02:14   Link #1759
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For the most constructive criticism I have on using proton based abilities? Either you should have rudimentary theoretical knowledge of chemistry, sub-atomic physics or substantial research. Else, just forget about it.

All fictions has a right to be an ass in some respects because people who post on this board have done a lo of research, allfiction himself practices copious research. The way deemark comes in half-assed and expecting respect is already, in a way, being an ass to allfictions. Just sayin'
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 03:46   Link #1760
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
- snip -
Don't think about it too much, Level 6 = GOD, it's just as simple as that. A true "GOD", in Christian religion standard, isn't limited to any field and can do whatever he/she/it wants.

Also depending of your definition of 100% possibilities of the universe you might be wrong with your perception of a magic God's power, or wrong on how you can go beyond it.

There's different stages when it comes to imagining all the possibilities of the universe :
-the first stage is when you rearrange all the elements you can find inside the universe to your liking. (If I'm correct, this is what you're thinking about when you say 100% possibilities of the universe)
-the second stage is when you bring up new/different elements. (If I'm correct, this is what you think when you say "going beyond the 100% possibilities")

Magic God is already on the second stage by definition (and so is Kakine) : being capable of destroying everything and making their own made up worlds (with their own made up laws) a reality.

Tags
hard science