AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-19, 17:36   Link #3401
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

remember guys, no talking about fan translations on here
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-04-19, 17:37   Link #3402
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redtama View Post
Ahaha you're not the only one. This news has been making my brain implode. Don't know if/where js06 will be continuing translating them and its hard getting used to reading in another site. And I'm not even sure if Yen Press deals with other fan translations too....ugh this is giving me a headache. On the plus side though I get to have index novels on my shelf like I've always wanted...
You know. I always thought buying novels was stupid and a waste of money. I could never understand why people would do that even for super popular series like SAO, but for Index I just might buy it.
Old 2014-04-19, 17:41   Link #3403
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Fuck might, I WILL buy it. Even if I do consider it a guilty pleasure of mine it's the best damn guilty pleasure I can think of, and considering this is the medium the series does best in...yeah. Others were maybe but this is a MUST for me. Besides they can't be THAT expensive right?
Old 2014-04-19, 17:43   Link #3404
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

So I have to download them one at at time? Cause I started the batches of v1 - v18 and v19 - NT9. Man this sucks. And with only 3 weeks to NT 10. At least we will get the spoilers....I hope.
Old 2014-04-19, 17:45   Link #3405
Red
Broken Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 View Post
Fuck might, I WILL buy it. Even if I do consider it a guilty pleasure of mine it's the best damn guilty pleasure I can think of, and considering this is the medium the series does best in...yeah. Others were maybe but this is a MUST for me. Besides they can't be THAT expensive right?
Probably only around 10$ per book. My concern is how fast they'll get them out. It'd be great if they could at least publish as fast as kamachi, but I sort of doubt it. Or maybe the speed depends on how well it's doing, I'm not really sure.
Old 2014-04-19, 17:47   Link #3406
BW95
Banned

Quote:
4.99 I think? But when you're buying 20+ volumes that comes out to a lot.

In any case, it's certainly going to be interesting to see how Westerners react to this. I wonder what they'd think of Touma vs. Acqua or WWIII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh_Dragon View Post
So I have to download them one at at time? Cause I started the batches of v1 - v18 and v19 - NT9. Man this sucks. And with only 3 weeks to NT 10. At least we will get the spoilers....I hope.
Guys! Guys! There's an easier way!

Just go to each full text webpage and ctrl+s. Save it as a complete webpage somewhere and you can view the whole thing even if it gets taken down!
Old 2014-04-19, 17:49   Link #3407
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenpress
16:59:21 <bay|SC14|Yen> Here's the thing about release schedules, we know everyone wants it at once
16:59:32 <bay|SC14|Yen> For the translators and editors, it's not feasible
17:00:15 <bay|SC14|Yen> In addition to the hardcore fans, there are casual fans, and it's not a good thing to push it all out into the retail market and let the hardcore fans buy it up
17:00:39 <bay|SC14|Yen> There have been attempts with light novels hitting the market that have ended unsuccessfully, we've been the most successful
17:00:46 <bay|SC14|Yen> we understand people want it out,
17:01:00 <bay|SC14|Yen> and we want to make the book as sucessful as possible
17:01:12 <bay|SC14|Yen> if there are opportunites to speed it up, we will, but i won't make promises
I will definitely be buying them. I've always wanted to own an english version. I own the Japanese counterparts, and being able to read them in hand will be great.

This doesn't seem to affect translation going by what I read, just depends on the translator him/herself. Definitely sucks that we won't have convenience of baka-tsuki.

Quote:
Probably only around 10$ per book. My concern is how fast they'll get them out. It'd be great if they could at least publish as fast as kamachi, but I sort of doubt it. Or maybe the speed depends on how well it's doing, I'm not really sure.
Yenpress is usually decent.
Old 2014-04-19, 17:50   Link #3408
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
remember guys, no talking about fan translations on here
I'm not seeing a translations/licensed thread, or was it left in the anime section? Just want to know where to go.
Old 2014-04-19, 17:56   Link #3409
Red
Broken Character

Quote:
Parodies and Side Stories aren't zipped though sadly.
Disregard this, looks like they're in the 2nd zip. Well that makes things a lot easier, I don't mind minor grammatical errors and seems like these were updated pretty recently.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:03   Link #3410
BW95
Banned

We're getting 2 volumes a month. It looks like. We could very well get through the whole old testament within a year.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:04   Link #3411
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
4.99 I think? But when you're buying 20+ volumes that comes out to a lot.

In any case, it's certainly going to be interesting to see how Westerners react to this. I wonder what they'd think of Touma vs. Acqua or WWIII?

It'll be a pain to my wallet but I know how to budget.

As for reactions I think it'll stay in it's niche but critically speaking I'm not expecting good things unless its for certain volumes...
Old 2014-04-19, 18:06   Link #3412
Red
Broken Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
We're getting 2 volumes a month. It looks like. We could very well get through the whole old testament within a year.
Nah they said they're publishing 24 books next year, not 24 index volumes. That's what I'm assuming anyway.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:08   Link #3413
BW95
Banned

*sigh* I wonder how Js06 is handling this.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:08   Link #3414
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
It'll be a pain to my wallet but I know how to budget.

As for reactions I think it'll stay in it's niche but critically speaking I'm not expecting good things unless its for certain volumes...
I think it'll be better received than most people think. It will certainly put a lot of characters in a different light for those who enjoy the anime.

Having followed yenpress for a while, they don't joke about it being one of their most requested titles. It certainly is. Speaking on reception & sales. Though an LN is an LN and that is a niche of its own.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:12   Link #3415
Karna
just some guy

Js06 needs to fight the power! Yen press sucks. Iirc, wasn't spice and wolf dropped after only a few books? Not to mention Shana....I bought both novel 1 and Novel 2 of Shana only to never get the volumes after that because it wasn't "popular enough" to publish. Left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:16   Link #3416
Breimoon

like always i will wait for ALL the books to get published and then buy them.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:17   Link #3417
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I think it'll be better received than most people think. It will certainly put a lot of characters in a different light for those who enjoy the anime.
I think at best we can expect a split, but time'll tell the tale for everything else... I really do think it'll be how the characters are portrayed that'll really help it for the better because that definitely helped me view the series in a better light than the anime did (which I still liked but not nearly as much.)
Old 2014-04-19, 18:20   Link #3418
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Js06 needs to fight the power! Yen press sucks. Iirc, wasn't spice and wolf dropped after only a few books? Not to mention Shana....I bought both novel 1 and Novel 2 of Shana only to never get the volumes after that because it wasn't "popular enough" to publish. Left a really bad taste in my mouth.
Actually, Spice and Wolf is still ongoing.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:22   Link #3419
Red
Broken Character

16:56:12 <bay|SC14|Yen> Q) Light novel release schedule?
16:56:19 <bay|SC14|Yen> A) Initially every 4 months... hope to speed it up...
16:56:34 <bay|SC14|Yen> If we have an opportunity to advance that, we're looking to do it

full Q/A: http://bayoab.info/live/live2.php?panel=42

Welp looks like they're never catching up.
Old 2014-04-19, 18:25   Link #3420
omega253

Talk about a news bomb.

But we'll learn how to cope, right? Right?!

Truthfully, I'm one of those people who's better at reading the stuff when it's actually in book form. Being able to read manga and light novels like that was always much faster for me.

Hopefully this will make the series more popular. I mean, there's lots of us, but I hope this brings in more people.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions