AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-10-27, 12:57   Link #8581
KnightShade

better late than never, or too little too late? we shall see.
Old 2016-10-27, 13:43   Link #8582
sparhawk1610
Asura

I guess you guys are right about that world-building. A few years back, I try to write a few novels, and this part of writing is pretty tricky. I am not surprised that it takes some time. I am pretty curious what the author will show to us.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 13:49   Link #8583
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
admittedly Rakudai might not be my most favourite series (please don't misunderstand, I like it a lot), I can relate to your enthusiasm
It is wonderful that a work of fiction can relate and have such an impact to the readers/audience

It might be strange to ask, but in your opinion, is there anything that you wish or hope that Rakudai would improve on?
For me (and many fans), it is the world building, because we have barely touched on anything outside of Japan until vol 10 (the latest volume). Granted, it was very appropriate that the first 9 vols of Rakudai mostly focus on Ikki's personal struggle
I like that you came out and spoke your mind saying that Rakudai may not be your favourite story, I mean everyone has their own preference in what they like and I appreciate your honesty...I really do thanks a lot. It's not enthusiasm...well it is but I'm more enthusiastically and emotionally obsessed/attached to this story and as I've said in the past, I love it so so much that I can't put it into simple words to explain why, but...

To me...it's more than a wonderful work of fiction! It's a way of Life...the way Ikki works so hard, his determination, dedication, motivation, honesty, loyalty, kindness, love, sincerity, passion, compassion, hardships, and the way he overcomes them is so similar to mine, and what pisses me off that our world and reality is never going to be like that...Magic, Summonings, Sword Battles, Elemental manipulation, Etheric Abilities and Superhuman Qualities...nothing exists here and I can picture it and see it materialize in front of me...I can feel everything...and I understand it all and how everything works...I'd enjoy living in that reality and it's easy enough for me to picture myself there...It's as easy as breathing.

And as I said before Ikki's life is basically mine, and my life is his life in the anime...we're both trying to work our hardest to overcome our limitations, and go above and beyond our expectations and prove everyone wrong...the only difference is Ikki was lucky and blessed to find a girl that loves him and accept him for everything that he is, and I've yet to find someone like Stella...I know it sounds pathetic but it breaks my heart to know that in this reality no one like her exists...Stella is such a charming young girl and I admire her for who she is, and I genuinely Love her unconditionally too...personally to a person like me she's the most perfect girl I've ever come to know, and I wrote a very long description about her two pages ago describing her greatest attributes...this girl seriously can't do no wrong...Oh gosh for a 27 year old guy I sound really pathetic hahahahaah

Love is dead and Chivalry's is nonexistent in this era and reality...Talk about disappointing.

What I hope to see? I'd enjoy watching Ikki go to Stella's world and see how she lives her life there in her country and have a culture shock trying to learn something about her environment, hell...I'd love to hear Stella speak a different language in front of Ikki and have him stumble trying to learn it, and have Stella laugh it off and find adoration in Ikki trying something new hahahah...

I know a lot of people in Nihon use chopsticks to consume their food, and I haven't seen any character use chopsticks in this story when consuming their food, but what would be cool is if Ikki learns how to use Knives, Spoons, Forks, and other cutlery and people tease him because of it. Edit Ikki and others did use Spoons and other cutlery when they met Toudou Touka and had lunch whilst playing with the young children in EP 10.

I'd also love to see Ikki become a Demon in his sword fights in order to balance Stella's Dragon Power...Also I'd laugh my arse off to see Ikki interact with Stella's father and train with him and other Vermillion family members in their fighting/sword styles at their Castle/Manor, I can picture Ikki trying to use a Longsword rather than his Intetsu Katana..trying to transition from a light sword into a heavy sword would be fun to watch. Promise me something will ya? Don't ever feel awkward about approaching me whenever you want to ask me something OK?!.

I'd like to see Stella grow more and develop even further as a character too...I keep picturing Kaichou wa Maid Sama when I watch this Anime and what I'd like to see Ikki take classes in Stella's school...I'd like to see how Stella trained herself and the method she used to get to where she is in terms in strength and how she acquired her power.

I've only just got into this series 3 weeks ago so I've still got a long way to go before I can reach the level that most of you have in the past year, since this series aired in 2015, but I'd like to see Stella have a difficult time trying to accomplish her awakening and have struggle for the first time to make the impossible possible, that not even her talent or genius can overcome her hurdle and sorta give up, only to see Ikki give Stella words of encouragement like she did for him against Kirihara...I want to see these two beautiful kids help each other overcome their troubles. I want to see them take their relationship to new heights.

Gosh my brain is going berserk with so may many ideas...so I'll leave it here for now.

@Hk1117 Forgive me about that I'm still learning about Norse Ancient history, but thank you for the info...It means a lot to me that you took the time to teach me something new.

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2016-10-28 at 10:26. Reason: More content
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-27, 17:36   Link #8584
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

well, I have to admit that I am also a big fan of this serie (I knew this serie much before he left anime), if we speak in matter of history development is very good, even I would say that history can inspire people with the same problem as ikki, but even I have to admit that if we speak of history there are others series both as anime and movies with extraordinary history , in conclusion this good say that rakudai has an incredible history because you really have it, but there are still many stories even more incredibles.
Old 2016-10-27, 19:28   Link #8585
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's not "Hel". It's "Hell" with two Ls. "Hel" is the name of a Norse god that presides over Helheim, isn't it?
Fixing, fixing...
Old 2016-10-27, 20:39   Link #8586
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Huh? I thought it was Nifhelheim?
Old 2016-10-27, 23:14   Link #8587
Jason_Wander
Harbinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
Huh? I thought it was Nifhelheim?
The Nine Worlds in Norse Mythology. There are nine worlds in Norse Mythology, they are called Niflheim, Muspelheim, Asgard, Midgard, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Alfheim, Svartalfheim, Helheim
Old 2016-10-28, 11:50   Link #8588
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wander View Post
The Nine Worlds in Norse Mythology. There are nine worlds in Norse Mythology, they are called Niflheim, Muspelheim, Asgard, Midgard, Jotunheim, Vanaheim, Alfheim, Svartalfheim, Helheim
except Hel can be called Hel or Helheim. It doesn't really matter for that realm somehow.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-28, 12:02   Link #8589
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
The sheer misinformation in this comment baffles me. First of all, surtr isn't a devil, he's a Jotun. Secondly, he doesn't "live" in Hel, Hel is a deity who presides over Hel.

Buuut this isn't the right place for discussing mythology. AP24 and Jason, thanks for your efforts in bringing us translations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
except Hel can be called Hel or Helheim. It doesn't really matter for that realm somehow.
The more I watch this show and read what all of you post!? The more I learn about what I've yet to learn...thanks a lot for the knowledge guys I appreciate all of you taking the time to teach us all something new...
Old 2016-10-28, 12:34   Link #8590
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@HOLLOW08: You said in an earlier post that you want to see how Stella got her power? Well, don't we already know, kind of? I mean, she did say that when she was younger, her power was already too much for her to control and she had to work really hard for a long time to learn to control it? Her flames would always burn her whenever she'd use them, and everyone around thought she'd never become a Mage-Knight. She's kind of similar to Ikki in that everyone thought she'd stay as a failure - the difference is that while Ikki was too weak, Stella was too powerful. It's kind of interesting how they're similar while being polar opposites in this.

I agree with seeing Ikki and Stella struggling with new things and helping each other out through them, though. Should be interesting to see (not trying to be a sadist or anything, but yeah).
Old 2016-10-28, 14:07   Link #8591
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
@HOLLOW08: You said in an earlier post that you want to see how Stella got her power? Well, don't we already know, kind of? I mean, she did say that when she was younger, her power was already too much for her to control and she had to work really hard for a long time to learn to control it? Her flames would always burn her whenever she'd use them, and everyone around thought she'd never become a Mage-Knight. She's kind of similar to Ikki in that everyone thought she'd stay as a failure - the difference is that while Ikki was too weak, Stella was too powerful. It's kind of interesting how they're similar while being polar opposites in this.

I agree with seeing Ikki and Stella struggling with new things and helping each other out through them, though. Should be interesting to see (not trying to be a sadist or anything, but yeah).
I'm basing this on my Empathy in combination with my Intuition and instinct in combination with my Creative mind..and say that Stella was a bit of a hothead and a very angry child when she was younger, and that anger boiled over and it manifested itself into scorching fire that comes from the belly of a Dragon. The reason why Stella's power kept hurting other around her and her herself is because she was frustrated, and that power was leaking out as Anger. Stella was so desperate to prove to herself that she can control the source of her power, that she didn't care how much she got burned in the process. I don't doubt that Stella was sorry for hurting others in the process...when I read the Manga and watched the Anime I could see that Stella was despairing a lot, and was so obsessively fixated to prove everyone that she can accomplish the impossible, and become a Knight worthy of respect and dignity...Oh gosh I hate this...for goodness sakes Petrit Zeneli stop crying...You're a 27 year old guy...learn to control yourself....I just love this girl so so much

anyway...

Others around Stella always tried to place her in the box of a Talented/Genius and this pissed her off, simply because she hated the idea that she was bestowed with such great power, that she needed everyones praise and respect because of it, and Stella wanted to show people around her that she's not a One-Hit wonder, and this pushed her to want to learn how to better control her flames....but she's yet to achieve an awakening, and I think this is where she will struggle because while she is a hard worker and a dedicated person I can see Stella coming to a stand still, and have no way to improve. It's like this is the first time in her life where she doesn't know what to do, and it's going to test her in more ways than one and Ikki will help her.

Thing is with Stella? She had the power within her...all she needed to do is give it form and channel it into something more of a external destructive force...Whereas Ikki never had the power within him so he had to create it and give it form. Well It's destroying him because he has yet to master it. I remember watching the Anime...and when Ikki was running towards the stadium to fight Touka his spirit manifested itself in his true destructive/awakening self. I know I keep saying that Ikki has a demonic attribute to his power and it may not be that far off, since he has to fight like a berserker in order to fight on equal terms with others, and each time he does it has a negative effect on him. I think he has these blackouts when he fights, and yes he remembers when he fights...I've noticed something quite interesting about him...when fighting Kuraudo he seemed to manifest this Dark malevolent Aura around him...it's as if he was becoming an Ashura/Oni, hell even his eyes were changing colour when I think about it. Ikki will gain his awakening very soon and once he does it will be destructive and I think Stella will help him learn how to control it....

I remember Ikki telling Stella in episode 3 where he say's "I just thought it was strange. We're opposites, yet we get along just like no others" (I find these two beautiful character to be so personal and close to me. I love these two more than anything)

The thing about me is that I understand everything about this world and how everyones power works...if only I could manifest it here then I could teach everyone how to do it...it's easy as breathing to me...

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2016-10-28 at 17:20.
Old 2016-10-28, 16:28   Link #8592
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

It would be nice that the next time there is a Ikki/Stella love scene, Ikki is more hands on with Stella's mammaries.
Old 2016-10-28, 16:48   Link #8593
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
It would be nice that the next time there is a Ikki/Stella love scene, Ikki is more hands on with Stella's mammaries.
One thing I know about Ikki is that he's one loyal lad and that he'd take care of Stella and treat her with great love and respect...it's one of the most notable noble characteristics that I admire and adore about Ikki...I love his character and everything about this charming young man.
Old 2016-10-28, 17:29   Link #8594
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What Stella hates about called a genius and a talented person is the part where, when she wins a fight, everyone always says that it's because of her talent and genius. She wants to prove that it's her hard work and not just her talent and genius.

And Ikki's similar to Ayase's dad and Kuraudo a lot. All three men just love fighting. That was the main reason for him smiling and his eyes changing color when he fought Kuraudo: he was just greatly enjoying himself.

And there's this, too: his aura changes color whenever he uses Ittou Shura or Ittou Rassetsu. It's not necessarily him showing his true nature as a demon or berserker, but more about him pushing through his brain's limits and pulling out all of the power that his body has inside of it. It was explained in Volume 1 during the first Ikki vs. Stella fight, wasn't it? The brain puts a limit on the body to keep it safe, otherwise it'd burn itself out by using too much strength all at once. Ittou Shura and Ittou Rassetsu forcefully remove that limit for one minute's time and let Ikki fight at full power. But we've all seen what that does to him. Heck, anyone who tried that would get the same result - right down to the one-minute time-limit and even the part where they'd collapse afterwards. In Ikki's case, though, it's just his Device's actual ability taken up a few notches. Remember what Intetsu's ability is? That's Ikki's Blazer ability. Ittou Shura and Ittou Rassetsu take that and magnify it.

Remember that Ikki's power is classified as body manipulation/body enhancement. His Blazer ability is a watered down version of something all Blazers - including Ikki himself - can do normally. The reason Ikki doesn't do it is because he has too little mana to be able to keep it up all the time. What I'm talking about is the mana armor that Blazers coat their bodies with, that boosts their offensive and defensive powers. You should remember the part where Ikki tried to cut Stella at the back of throat when he got behind her, but couldn't do it because his power was too little. That was Stella's mana armor stopping him. Hers is just one of the more denser ones because of how much mana she has. Ikki was able to cut her after activating Ittou Shura, of course, since it brings out all the power that would normally be held back by his brain's caps on his body.

But now that he's "awakened" (become a Majin/Desperado) the problem should be taken care of. A Desperado can increase his/her mana capacity through training, even though it's normally set at birth and can't be changed. The catch is just that they can't train with the express intention of raising their mana capacity. If they do, they'll die. So Ikki has to just continue training normally and his mana capacity will start to increase if he does it correctly. It was said that there actually is a closely guarded secret that only the Desperado know.
Old 2016-10-28, 17:48   Link #8595
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
What Stella hates about called a genius and a talented person is the part where, when she wins a fight, everyone always says that it's because of her talent and genius. She wants to prove that it's her hard work and not just her talent and genius.

And Ikki's similar to Ayase's dad and Kuraudo a lot. All three men just love fighting. That was the main reason for him smiling and his eyes changing color when he fought Kuraudo: he was just greatly enjoying himself.

And there's this, too: his aura changes color whenever he uses Ittou Shura or Ittou Rassetsu. It's not necessarily him showing his true nature as a demon or berserker, but more about him pushing through his brain's limits and pulling out all of the power that his body has inside of it. It was explained in Volume 1 during the first Ikki vs. Stella fight, wasn't it? The brain puts a limit on the body to keep it safe, otherwise it'd burn itself out by using too much strength all at once. Ittou Shura and Ittou Rassetsu forcefully remove that limit for one minute's time and let Ikki fight at full power. But we've all seen what that does to him. Heck, anyone who tried that would get the same result - right down to the one-minute time-limit and even the part where they'd collapse afterwards. In Ikki's case, though, it's just his Device's actual ability taken up a few notches. Remember what Intetsu's ability is? That's Ikki's Blazer ability. Ittou Shura and Ittou Rassetsu take that and magnify it.

Remember that Ikki's power is classified as body manipulation/body enhancement. His Blazer ability is a watered down version of something all Blazers - including Ikki himself - can do normally. The reason Ikki doesn't do it is because he has too little mana to be able to keep it up all the time. What I'm talking about is the mana armor that Blazers coat their bodies with, that boosts their offensive and defensive powers. You should remember the part where Ikki tried to cut Stella at the back of throat when he got behind her, but couldn't do it because his power was too little. That was Stella's mana armor stopping him. Hers is just one of the more denser ones because of how much mana she has. Ikki was able to cut her after activating Ittou Shura, of course, since it brings out all the power that would normally be held back by his brain's caps on his body.

But now that he's "awakened" (become a Majin/Desperado) the problem should be taken care of. A Desperado can increase his/her mana capacity through training, even though it's normally set at birth and can't be changed. The catch is just that they can't train with the express intention of raising their mana capacity. If they do, they'll die. So Ikki has to just continue training normally and his mana capacity will start to increase if he does it correctly. It was said that there actually is a closely guarded secret that only the Desperado know.
That part about demon... in last manga chapter, there was a nice picture, which show a demon behind him during the fight with Touka. It was in moment when he used Ittou Shura I think.
And this thing about talent, it just reminds me the first fight between Ikki and Stella, when she asks him, if he belong to the people which think, that hard work can beat the talent.
Also thing with Ittou Shura is a bit more complicated, it is not only about the brain limitation, but definitely there is this factor too.
Old 2016-10-29, 06:32   Link #8596
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Quote:

OK I'm going on the dark path of Empathy again..this is going to kill me, but it'll make me stronger...let's continue...Miss Vermillion hates the idea that her gifts are what made her who she is, and that if it wasn't for her talent she wouldn't be who she was, and Stella want's to prove everyone that it's not true...she had to work her arse off in order to get to where she is, and what you wrote is absolutely perfect...so well done for that Kudos to you.

One thing is for certain is that Adaptability and Ability replication and Empathic mimicry plays a big role in Ikki's fighting...he learns as he fights and absorbs data by observing how a person fights, and then takes what the other fighter has and improves it. Ikki is like a sponge...he absorbs qualities of others and it enhances his own which is why when he was training with Ayase, he was absorbing her moves and her fathers moves at the same time...that's why he could use Tengenni Mu ho...I believe when he was fighting Kurado his spirit was beginning to wake up and it manifested through his eyes changing colour.

Thing about Ikki's aura when he uses Ittou Shura and Ittou Rassetsu is that it comes of as a Spirit manifestation...I was observing his fight again with Kurado and it looks as though he was creating a phantom figure behind him...I know I'm presuming when I say this but it looks like Ikki has this dar Demonic attribute about him that even he doesn't know yet, and since Stella has a Dragon phantom then this would mean that Ikki is slowly climbing his way up to reaching Stella's level. Thing is I don't think Ikki has a limiter to his abilities and his growth is rather fast in terms of what others have achieved...yes his growth is rather slower in comparison to others, but in my opinion it's actually faster since the more people he fights, the more he progresses...But this growth has a rather negative backlash on him because his body is adapting to it slower but fast...with Ikki his ability to move fast is in opposite to how his world around him moves slower, as he can perceive and predict peoples moves before they even make it...I think his sword Intetsu plays a huge role in this because his device is a part of him and they're one and the same.

I think Ikki's phantom or manifestation acts like his armour and from observation I can say that due to his watered down Blazer version, is actually a stepping stone to reaching the source of his true power...picture this...Ikki has steps or pools...maybe even branches of Mana that he has yet to unlock and the more he fights and progresses the more he get's closer to his true power source. I think his body is slowly beginning to understand his power and it's leaking out bit by bit, coating him and shrouding his very form and it's getting to the point where sooner or later, Ikki will begin to channel his own armour through his whole body or parts of his body amplifying his bodies already natural abilities...One thing is for sure is that I wouldn't be surprised if Ikki learns how to move instantly like Touka does by focusing his power through his feet, or maybe even teleport and we've seen him move fast from one end of the field into another. I noticed that Ikki's armour is very similar to Stella's in that they glow or burn in Stella's case.

The whole Desperado/Majin is something I'm still learning about and I need to know more about as I've yet to understand it clearly.

It's strange because I know how all of this instinctively and intimatley works...such as body modification and bodily enhancements/amplification...This Manga/Light Novel/Anime is giving out secrets on how people can do what the characters are capable of doing. I've noticed in myself that I have this static charge that I can build up at a limited degree, but I have difficulty manifesting it simply because the natural energy/ki in the reality is very limited. Thing is I knew this before this series started and the science behind this show is very close to what some Buddhist monks and Guru's can do...it's like going to the gym...you work out and increase your capabilities but I'm using meditation in combination with it too...it's complex stuff and hard to explain.

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2016-10-29 at 09:10.
Old 2016-10-29, 08:21   Link #8597
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ikki can increase his mana capacity through training now that he's become a Desperado, but normally it's impossible. A Desperado can overcome fate, but normal Blazers can't. And a normal Blazer is tied down by fate and therefore unable to increase his/her mana capacity - it's because fate doesn't let them do it. But when Blazers "awaken," they break the "chains of fate". Ikki was also shown doing that vs. Stella in the Sevens Stars Sword-Art Festival Finals.

And Ikki can move fast enough to make it like his teleporting when he uses Ittou Shura/Rassetsu, but he can increase his speed even without it now by using Edelweiss' technique. She can go into full speed right from the start, and now Ikki can do that as well after copying her technique. The thing is, though, that he still can't silence his footsteps when using her technique, but she herself can.

It'd be great if you turn out to be right about Ikki's aura and "demon" part, but I guess we'll see in due time. Right now, I still have doubts about whether it's really true. I do want Ikki's mana capacity to increase up to A- or S-rank, though. He should be able to do it now that he's become a Desperado.
Old 2016-10-29, 08:50   Link #8598
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Ikki can increase his mana capacity through training now that he's become a Desperado, but normally it's impossible. A Desperado can overcome fate, but normal Blazers can't. And a normal Blazer is tied down by fate and therefore unable to increase his/her mana capacity - it's because fate doesn't let them do it. But when Blazers "awaken," they break the "chains of fate". Ikki was also shown doing that vs. Stella in the Sevens Stars Sword-Art Festival Finals.

And Ikki can move fast enough to make it like his teleporting when he uses Ittou Shura/Rassetsu, but he can increase his speed even without it now by using Edelweiss' technique. She can go into full speed right from the start, and now Ikki can do that as well after copying her technique. The thing is, though, that he still can't silence his footsteps when using her technique, but she herself can.

It'd be great if you turn out to be right about Ikki's aura and "demon" part, but I guess we'll see in due time. Right now, I still have doubts about whether it's really true. I do want Ikki's mana capacity to increase up to A- or S-rank, though. He should be able to do it now that he's become a Desperado.
Well, I guess we will know more soon. We wait for the next part of translation, where Ikki awake.
Old 2016-10-30, 12:07   Link #8599
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOLLOW08 View Post
One thing I know about Ikki is that he's one loyal lad and that he'd take care of Stella and treat her with great love and respect...it's one of the most notable noble characteristics that I admire and adore about Ikki...I love his character and everything about this charming young man.
He is very devoted to her. My last post was referring to a future LN volume with a love scene where it describes Ikki groping Stella up there or even sucking her chest.
Old 2016-10-30, 18:53   Link #8600
HOLLOW08
PeterBerisha89

Excuse me and Forgive me for repeating myself to everyone here, and you're all probably sick of hearing me say this or bring the subject back again but...You all understand how much I love this story and how I unconditionally adore and and hold Stella and Ikki dear to me as characters of charming qualities, and portrayal more than anything...

However I want to ask all of you something so I beg all of you to be honest with me please...Yes I understand there are some members on this Forum that aren't as passionate about this story as I am, and there are lots of Forumees amongst us that love other shows/series more...it's just that...and I ask out respect for all of you...

What made you all fall in Love/Like/Admire/Respect/Revere this series so much?

Everyone feel free to join in and talk about it...

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2016-10-30 at 19:28. Reason: I don't have any regrets about this show, and will always show respect to Misora Riku the writer.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural