AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 50 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 16.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 9.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 9.28%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 6.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.06%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 4.12%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 27.84%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-04-02, 11:24   Link #141
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawdawg View Post
I didn't completely hate this episode myself. But the mass using of Dansleif's by Rustal really rub me the wrong way. It's what Naze was killed for supposedly shipping.

Then they get used against Macky's forces and finally used against Mars. Nobody documents this down and reports this? The fact Tekkadan wasn't given a chance to surrender was never released to the Mars Public at least? People say Gjallarhorn got reformed in the end because of what Mcgillis did, but it still has a corrupt bastard at the helm.
Easy. Information manipulation.

1. Tekkadan was run by a bunch of fanatics. International (or trans-planetary?) rules governing war don't apply to them.
2. Blackmail, bribe or kill anyone who dares to report it. If they still do so, defame them or haul them to court.

Plus, the ignorant masses are forgetful. Grant them independence and they would worship Rustal like a god, alongside Kudelia
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 11:28   Link #142
Shawdawg

The only reason I do believe that McG was going for a reform for Gjallarhorn, even though he used shady ways to do it, was even the ending mentioned "A world where equal rights were for everyone, and ideal McGillis Fareed envisioned is ironically about to be realized by Rustal Ellion."

The problem with Gjallarhorn was the Seven Stars...greedy, power hungry men who just wanted to do what was right for their families and themselves. I'm not sure what Agnika Kaieru's Gjallarhorn was really like, but I'm sure it was more about the people than themselves. And that is what McG was going for.

All said, Rustal is one of the best antagonists in a while. Like Scirocco, but didn't get involved in the fight personally, except the fleet battle, where it almost cost his life.
Shawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 11:36   Link #143
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawdawg View Post
The only reason I do believe that McG was going for a reform for Gjallarhorn, even though he used shady ways to do it, was even the ending mentioned "A world where equal rights were for everyone, and ideal McGillis Fareed envisioned is ironically about to be realized by Rustal Ellion."
Like I said, that is only what McG wanted to do. Make GH into an organization where ability mattered, not family blood lines. We don't know a GH under his rule would do things justly or pull shady behind the scenes stuff. McG showed he is not above of pulling crap what Rustal did. They just do it in different ways.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 11:41   Link #144
Shawdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Like I said, that is only what McG wanted to do. Make GH into an organization where ability mattered, not family blood lines. We don't know a GH under his rule would do things justly or pull shady behind the scenes stuff. McG showed he is not above of pulling crap what Rustal did. They just do it in different ways.
I see what you are saying now. It would be hard to tell.
Old 2017-04-02, 11:50   Link #145
Shawdawg

It is fitting Akihiro did get the final kill on Iok and a painful, horrible one too.

Iok was the one ultimately responsible for Lafter's death. Naze was framed by Iok, him and Amiba were then killed. When Tekkadan didn't respond to Jasley, he had Lafter killed, which finally made them take action. But it all goes back to Iok framing Naze.
Old 2017-04-02, 11:51   Link #146
Key Board
Carbon

Rustal Elion being a "moderate" makes it hard to gauge his stance on things
He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve like McGillis

I suppose this means he is flexible enough to make the ending possible, but at the same time hmm.. it feel lacking a driving point.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 11:55   Link #147
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
It would require a lot more blood than Rustal drew from. Taking reading points from the dictators handbook. After the revolution ends you have to get rid of certain people after the tyrant is overthrown and McG isnt gonna hesistste to throw threats in Tekkadans way as Kings of Mars and keep Nobliss in control to ensure the rebels can earn their independence. Who they go after it doesnt matter so long as they are willing to support their own beliefs
Old 2017-04-02, 12:10   Link #148
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Rustal Elion being a "moderate" makes it hard to gauge his stance on things
He doesn't wear his heart on his sleeve like McGillis

I suppose this means he is flexible enough to make the ending possible, but at the same time hmm.. it feel lacking a driving point.
To me McGillis and Tekadan showed that Gjallarhorn's power and authority is neither absolute. They are weak as frak.

If Rustal continues this course he'll make an enemy of the Power Blocs. As shown doesn't matter your military prowess if your bank account is frozen.

He has to realize Tekkadan survived with the support of one of the power blocs and Teiwaz.

McGillis did air he was responsible for the conflicts on Earth.

With Iok dead it was a matter of his own political and physical survival. Shino was this close to killing him.

So Rustal conceded power off setting the Earth Power Blocs with the Mars Union.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 12:19   Link #149
Olengie

Expected the ending. Really bittersweet.

But at least Atra and Kudelia grew up
Olengie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 12:20   Link #150
TheDoctor324

hey does anyone know when the OST comes out?
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 12:26   Link #151
Shawdawg

You know, there is a possiblity for a 3rd season or movie, but set 20 years or so in the future.

I mean, things ended democratically. We have the Earth Power Blocs, Gjallarhorn more as a keeper of the peace rather than a political power, and the Mars Union.

Some disagreements start happening (over resources, population, trading) and things start to build up, kinda like a Cold War.
Old 2017-04-02, 12:26   Link #152
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor324 View Post
hey does anyone know when the OST comes out?
Came out on the 29th. Not sure when/if it will be on sale in the US.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 12:27   Link #153
ReddyRedWolf

I realize that Jullieta becoming CnC of Gallarhorn is not a slam dunk deal as Rustal made the organization democratic than a meritocracy.

It is like electing a Sheriff!
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 13:05   Link #154
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Martyrdom ending. Timeskip to show was everybody was doing later. Eugune and Chad in suits. A Tekkadan execution done by Ride. Barbatos and Gusion kicking ass. Iok being crushed to death.

I wasn't expecting much as I said so earlier in the thread prior to airing but I was pleasantly surprised by this episode. They hit all the right buttons for me.

Only way it could have made it better if Gaelio were to be the one heading the reforms, which seems to be a more natural candidate for doing that type of stuff.
Old 2017-04-02, 13:30   Link #155
Ryuga

Honestly, I thought it was a pretty damn good ending, and Rustal is a great anatgonist. As for McGillis and Bael, I thought his rationale made a degree of sense. McGillis, up until that point, had been mostly ahead of Gjallarhorn. He saw them as a bunch of witless corrupt old guard who clung to tradition, which made him assume they'd bend to him if he came to "represent" the will of Agnika, and by extension, Gjallarhorn. Perhaps in other series, it might've worked.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 13:33   Link #156
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
Honestly, I thought it was a pretty damn good ending, and Rustal is a great anatgonist. As for McGillis and Bael, I thought his rationale made a degree of sense. McGillis, up until that point, had been mostly ahead of Gjallarhorn. He saw them as a bunch of witless corrupt old guard who clung to tradition, which made him assume they'd bend to him if he came to "represent" the will of Agnika. Perhaps in other series, it might've worked.
It probably would have worked if he killed Gaelio properly and/or not revealed himself, but he let his ego get ahead there. Gaelio surviving means there's a faction out there that 100% knows his true traitor status.
Old 2017-04-02, 13:37   Link #157
Ryuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
It probably would have worked if he killed Gaelio properly and/or not revealed himself, but he let his ego get ahead there. Gaelio surviving means there's a faction out there that 100% knows his true traitor status.
Yeah, making sure the job was done thoroughly definitely would've helped out there.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 14:12   Link #158
Tenzen12

I was always rooting for Rustal faction so I am alright with this ending, especially as most of Tekkadan's members managed survive as well.

I also don't get all that hate for GaliGali and Julietta. If I remember right didn't even kill anyone of Tekkadan.
Old 2017-04-02, 14:17   Link #159
NBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I was always rooting for Rustal faction so I am alright with this ending, especially as most of Tekkadan's members managed survive as well.

I also don't get all that hate for GaliGali and Julietta. If I remember right didn't even kill anyone of Tekkadan.
The Iok hate seemed to spill over to gali and juli. I didn't really have a problem with them either.
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 14:31   Link #160
Router25
World Connector. I think

Just looking at a different angle about the issues regarding McG not double-tapping Gali.
What I think the reason why is that he really did let him live in order to become his undoing.
( I hate to say this: somehow like Lelouch-Suzaku moment)

Also good to know Orga, Mika, and everyone that has fallen is now resting in eternal peace, knowing well that all their efforts had not been in vain.