Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-28, 07:08   Link #861
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
He has just massacred hundreds of thousands of people without showing any hesitation or remorse and you expect him to be a benevolent ruler?
Yes. A ruler who would hesitate when facing an army who would kill him if given the chance, is no good as ruler.

Somehow I have a feeling you misinterpreted the situation. Two armies faced each other at a pre-planned battlefield, the same battlefield they fought in every single year for more than a decade. And you are somehow suggesting that NOT killing the armed soldiers makes you a good king?

Does that make the King of Re-Estize a bad king too? Because HE would have no hesitation or remorse if he gets to wipe out the Empire forces. He would do it without hesitation, as the ruler of his people.

I have no idea what kind of strange idea you have about what a ruler does. But I don't think you realise part of it is to kill those you need to kill. And that if you think otherwise, then literally no ruler in the entire New World are benevolent by your standards, not even later book rulers that have yet to appear.
Old 2018-09-28, 07:49   Link #862
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yes. A ruler who would hesitate when facing an army who would kill him if given the chance, is no good as ruler.
A good ruler wouldn't orchestrate with his minions to gain his popularity either. Also, a ruler that doesn't show remorse or hesitation when killing people is what we call Tyrant in my place.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 07:56   Link #863
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
But those "tens of thousands" were Gazef's people, not Ainz's. That's why it's the former's duty to protect them while officially, they were the latter's legitimate enemies on an open battlefield.
The reason that they are Ainz's enemies is because Ainz decided that they were.

Let's say I demanded that you give me your sandwich, you refused and were willing to fight me to protect it. Am I justified in beating you up?

The "it's okay because they are enemies" argument is nonsense. Ainz choose to pick a fight with the kingdom. Ainz choose to fight on his battlefield. Ainz choose to use a spell that killed over 70k people. He could have simply NOT done any of those things.

Quote:
If Gazef truly wanted to stop Ainz from committing "atrocities", he should have pledge allegiance to him and served as his moral compass, a dedicated advisor who's always ready to risk his life to convince his liege from making harmful decisions. Dying there wouldn't stop anything.
When does that ever work? In other stories I mean.

Quote:
Except that Ainz isn't a traditional villain. Actually, whether he really is a "villain" or not is debatable. He hates senseless killing and unnecessary violence. You can't use those outdated tropes to predict his future actions.

Ainz's plan is to conquer the world to bring about peace, stability and prosperity, not to destroy it. Even if he kills a million, he will save and enrich another hundred of millions. And with Gazef serving as his right hand man, less people would get killed and more would be saved.
Someone willing to kill 100k people without a trace of remorse is a villain.

Someone willing to kill a million people because he has some "master plan" that ultimately is for the good of everyone is a villain.

Someone trying to convince a "hero" to join him by threatening the lives of innocent people is a villain.

Quote:
This army was no threat to Ainz at all so that excuse doesn't fly.

Quote:
Somehow I have a feeling you misinterpreted the situation. Two armies faced each other at a pre-planned battlefield, the same battlefield they fought in every single year for more than a decade. And you are somehow suggesting that NOT killing the armed soldiers makes you a good king?

Does that make the King of Re-Estize a bad king too? Because HE would have no hesitation or remorse if he gets to wipe out the Empire forces. He would do it without hesitation, as the ruler of his people.

I have no idea what kind of strange idea you have about what a ruler does. But I don't think you realise part of it is to kill those you need to kill. And that if you think otherwise, then literally no ruler in the entire New World are benevolent by your standards, not even later book rulers that have yet to appear.
Actually that King would absolutely hesitate to do so. He was already hesitating to do the war at all.

Most rulers, most people, don't have such an absolute distinction between allies and enemies. That it is somehow acceptable to slaughter hundreds of thousands of human beings because they are "enemies" today.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 09:21   Link #864
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

You ignored the remorse part.

Killing the people that you have to kill might be a requirement as a king, but doing so without remorse shows the caliber of a person.

Lest we forget, Ainz did not just kill remorselessly, he enjoyed the process of it, if not the actual killing itself. He enjoyed it so much, that he decided to kill a hundred thousand more people, just for fun. He even demanded people applaud him for it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 09:28   Link #865
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

-500 Karma will do that to you...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 09:53   Link #866
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
The reason that they are Ainz's enemies is because Ainz decided that they were.

Let's say I demanded that you give me your sandwich, you refused and were willing to fight me to protect it. Am I justified in beating you up?

The "it's okay because they are enemies" argument is nonsense. Ainz choose to pick a fight with the kingdom. Ainz choose to fight on his battlefield. Ainz choose to use a spell that killed over 70k people. He could have simply NOT done any of those things.
I see you are trying to ignore the context of the situation here. Ainz didn't just "pick a fight" with the Kingdom like a street thug, the way you suggested. Officially, he is the Empire's ally and the Empire is at war with the Kingdom, it's his duty as the leader of a ally nation to aide the Empire in this war. But more importantly, he did it for the people. Not just the people of Nazarick, but the Kingdom's people too. As the anime has shown you, the Kingdom's leadership is utterly corrupted, they are greedy monsters who oppress their own people just for petty gain. If Ainz successfully destroys the Kingdom's unjust ruling system and put those hapless people under the protection of his newly found country, they life will get so much better than before. Ainz has both the legal and moral duty to enter this battle. Sitting back and doing nothing are very horrible things to do, since it would mean he betrayed the Empire, his ally and ignored the cry of people in need.
Quote:
When does that ever work? In other stories I mean.
It works in real life, where native officers cooperated with the invading force to ensure the rights of their people to some extent. Look at the US's colonies.
Quote:
This is some very narrow and lazy definition of the word "villain". President Truman dropped two nukes to end a bloody war. He killed thousands to saved millions of Japaneses. Do you call him a villain?
Quote:
Someone willing to kill a million people because he has some "master plan" that ultimately is for the good of everyone is a villain.
A leader who isn't willing to sacrifice the few to save the many is a very bad leader who can't see the big picture and will harm his country in the long run.
Quote:
Someone trying to convince a "hero" to join him by threatening the lives of innocent people is a villain.
Legitimate soldiers fighting on a battlefield could in no way be considered "innocent people". They came there with the expectation of being killed. Ainz has every right to kill all of them, but he still showed mercy and just killed some. If anything, you should blame the nobles for bringing them there to be killed. Even if not by Ainz, they would have still be killed by the Empire's knights.
Old 2018-09-28, 09:55   Link #867
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
In that case ANY leader in history that started a large-scale war, would be a villain. That's a reasonable view to have, but it also means that many of us here enjoy the benefits of such "villains" having existed in the past, just saying.

Quote:
Not necessarily. It can also be an anti-villain or even an anti-hero. But villains certainly can have that characteristic as well. But, again, many of us on the forum can only live as we do due to benefiting from such "villainous" actions in the past.

Quote:
Yea, that one is definitly a villain thing to do, although this seemed to be more of a spur of the moment kind of thing and not actually part of Demi-Urges plan. Though if Ainz succeeded, Gazef might have been used as a substitute for whatever Momon's role was supposed to be, potentially freeing up Momon to be used elsewhere.

Still, you are right that this point at least, is definitly as villain-like as it comes, no matter whether it's premediated or not.

But only for the blackmail aspect of it, not for the killing of the soldiers.

Quote:
This army was no threat to Ainz at all so that excuse doesn't fly.

Actually that King would absolutely hesitate to do so. He was already hesitating to do the war at all.

Most rulers, most people, don't have such an absolute distinction between allies and enemies. That it is somehow acceptable to slaughter hundreds of thousands of human beings because they are "enemies" today.
No, can't agree with this at all. First off being stronger than your opponent in war doesn't give the stronger side any obligation to hold back. That's not a moral thing to do, but rather just completely foolish, unless you have long-term plans to ally with that enemy later on, which clearly doesn't seem to be the case here.
Even the Emperor was doing these wars for the purpose of weakening and culling the Kingdom's population to a level that he could control.

As for the King "hesitating"... that's actually considered a bad trait for him, because it's the sole reason why the kingdom has had all its current internal struggles: because the King just kept "hesitating" about his decision of who to give his throne to. The first victims of these internal struggles are the citizen of the Kingdom and it creates a status-quo where any changes are seen as weakness, which is why any of the necessary military reforms to at least slightly close the gap in army quality against the Empire cannot be done, causing the Empire to slowly chip away the Kingdom's manpower until one day nothing would be left and the Kingdom gets annected by the Empire - even without Ainz's intervention, given enough time. So no the King wasn't "wise" or "empathetic", he was just procrastinating and not doing his job.
Old 2018-09-28, 10:05   Link #868
eiyuuou

Prince Barbro who wanted to use the carne villagers as cannon fodder and deciding to raze the village is a villain
Ramposa III who wanted to kill an unknown mage at the cost of casualties is a villain
Jircniv wipes out opposers, attacks the kingdom annually at harvest to kill the kingdom slowly, and plans to backstab ainz is a villain

Quote:
the empire's newest excuse for war is to support ainz for e-rantel.
the king rejected gazef's proposal despite his warnings so that opinion is worth jack.

In our history, Thailand acted as a buffer state, where the British colonies are on the west and French on the east.

Based on the map, using nazarick as the center point
the kingdom is northwest and Baharuth Empire is north east and Azerlisia Mountains is in the north of nazarick.
Katze Plains where the battle took place is in the south of nazarick.
Guess who hesitated?

Last edited by eiyuuou; 2018-09-28 at 10:18.
eiyuuou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 10:28   Link #869
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
-500 Karma will do that to you...
What are you talking about? Obviously stuff like alignments and karma doesn't apply to characters in the novel.

It's all just fans imposing their own morals onto the characters, the morals within the show are different.

Spoiler for character sheet:

Quote:
I see you are trying to ignore the context of the situation here. Ainz didn't just "pick a fight" with the Kingdom like a street thug, the way you suggested. Officially, he is the Empire's ally and the Empire is at war with the Kingdom, it's his duty as the leader of a ally nation to aide the Empire in this war. But more importantly, he did it for the people. Not just the people of Nazarick, but the Kingdom's people too. As the anime has shown you, the Kingdom's leadership is utterly corrupted, they are greedy monsters who oppress their old people just for petty gain. If Ainz successfully destroy the Kingdom's unjust ruling system and put those hapless people under the protection of his newly found country, they life will get so much better than before. Ainz has both the legal and moral duty to enter this battle. Sitting back and doing nothing are very horrible things to do, since it would mean he betrayed the Empire, his ally and ignored the cry of people in need.
I'm pretty sure he offered his help in the battle to the Empire. In fact, the Empire supported him and his claim to that town.And the Empire doesn't need his help defeat the Kingdom in the first place.

Plus, if he told the Empire "hey don't do the war this year" they would have agreed.

In first place, Ainz doesn't care about how many people he kills so why does he care about helping the people of the Kingdom?

Quote:
It works in real life, where native officers cooperated with the invading force to ensure the rights of their people to some extent. Look at the US's colonies.
They didn't actually tell them "join me or I'll murder thousands of people".

I'd call doing that blackmail but it's worse.

Quote:
This is some very narrow and lazy definition of the word "villain". President Truman dropped two nukes to end a bloody war. He killed thousands to saved millions of Japanese. Do you call him a villain?
http://www.ushistory.org/us/51g.asp

- For Truman, the choice whether or not to use the atomic bomb was the most difficult decision of his life
- Critics have charged that Truman's decision was a barbaric act that brought negative long-term consequences to the United States

Quote:
A leader who isn't willing to sacrifice the few to save the many is a very bad leader who can't see the big picture and will harm his country in the long run.
So you are more fond of the Soviet Union than the United States?

Because the Soviet Union was all about sacrificing millions of people "for the greater good".

Quote:
Legitimate soldiers fighting on the battlefield could in no way be considered "innocent people". They came there with the expectation of being killed. Ainz has every right to kill all of them, but he still showed mercy and just killed some. If anything, you should blame the nobles for bringing them there to be killed. Even if not by Ainz, they would have still be killed by the Empire's knights.
Then it isn't Gazef's "duty" to protect them.

In any case, most of the soldiers on the Kingdom's side are peasant levies. He basically killed a I-don't-know-how-large portion of the Kingdom's farmers.

Quote:
In that case ANY leader in history that started a large-scale war, would be a villain. That's a reasonable view to have, but it also means that many of us here enjoy the benefits of such "villains" having existed in the past, just saying.
Without a trace of remorse
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 10:42   Link #870
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
In any case, most of the soldiers on the Kingdom's side are peasant levies. He basically killed a I-don't-know-how-large portion of the Kingdom's farmers.
Which the King sends, and by this time knowingly, to their deaths every time around this time of the year... meanwhile he and the nobles he cannot control enjoy their life in luxury, while the worst among the nobles, in previous years, "played around" with the daughters of the soldiers who died in the annual battle just a few days earlier, thanks to Eight Fingers.

Quote:
Without a trace of remorse
It's a disability (from a human POV), a species trait. He CANNOT have remorse. The situation was caused by an unknown phenomenom (the world transfer), not by his choice.

You are blaming him just for existing. A decision which you would find justifiable if it was done by humans, as long as they feel remorse are unjustifiable just because he happens to be in an undead body? That's... well... racism? Speciecism? Something like that.

Last edited by GreyZone; 2018-09-28 at 10:58.
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 10:55   Link #871
Fwarlord

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he offered his help in the battle to the Empire. In fact, the Empire supported him and his claim to that town.And the Empire doesn't need his help defeat the Kingdom in the first place.
All of those don't matter. The facts here is that Ainz is the Empire's ally and they're at war with the Kingom. It's common sense for allies to help each other.
Quote:
Plus, if he told the Empire "hey don't do the war this year" they would have agreed.
Why should he do that? Why should he upset his ally to favor his enemy?
Quote:
In first place, Ainz doesn't care about how many people he kills so why does he care about helping the people of the Kingdom?
Ainz just doesn't care about people outside his authority. The Kingdom's people will eventually become his subjects, so it makes sense for him to care for them, like the lizardmen.
Quote:
They didn't actually tell them "join me or I'll murder thousands of people".
I just give an example about local people helping their invaders gives in positive result. Beside not doing so could make the life condition of their people worse than it should be, resulting in their possible death. So yes, not cooperating could make people die.
Quote:
http://www.ushistory.org/us/51g.asp

- For Truman, the choice whether or not to use the atomic bomb was the most difficult decision of his life
- Critics have charged that Truman's decision was a barbaric act that brought negative long-term consequences to the United States
We will never know whether president Truman actually felt any "remorse" when making that decision. But that's beside the point. History judges a leader based on their actions, not "feeling".
Quote:
So you are more fond of the Soviet Union than the United States?

Because the Soviet Union was all about sacrificing millions of people "for the greater good".
All empires sacrifice people's life for their agendas. The US is no exception, unless you don't count millions of native Americans as people.
Quote:
Then it isn't Gazef's "duty" to protect them.

Gazef is the warrior captain of the Kingdom, it's also his duty to protect his soldiers, why is it so hard to understand?
Old 2018-09-28, 11:07   Link #872
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
It's a disability (from a human POV), a species trait. He CANNOT have remorse. The situation was caused by an unknown phenomenom (the world transfer), not by his choice.

You are blaming him just for existing. A decision which you would find justifiable if it was done by humans, as long as they feel remorse are unjustifiable just because he happens to be in an undead body? That's... well... racism? Speciecism? Something like that.
Firstly, Ainz can feel emotion perfectly well, it simply gets dampened when it becomes too strong. It isn't that Ainz felt remorse and it was then dampened, he never felt it at all. Ainz has never cared about the lives of people outside Nazarick, right from the very start. He is, as the episode shows, perfectly willing to use people of the NW to stroke his need for vanity and amusement though.

Secondly, even if Ainz was completely unable to feel anything at all, even regard for life in general, he can still think, he would be perfectly capable of regretting the necessity of what happened from an intellectual point. But again, that point didn't even cross his mind.

it has nothing to do with Ainz being an undead, Ainz is just a horrible person. If Ainz were human, I'm sure he'd be doing exactly the same thing he is now.

Old 2018-09-28, 12:08   Link #873
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It has nothing to do with Ainz being an undead, Ainz is just a horrible person. If Ainz were human, I'm sure he'd be doing exactly the same thing he is now.
Not quite tho, if he were human, he wouldn't have all the power and authority to even start thinking about killing others.

The show did pretty good on setting up some relatable or honorable characters like Arche and Gazef, only to kill them later (poor Gazef with all his red flags ). I feel like half the reasons others defend Ainz are because he is the main character.

But then again, Ainz himself said he is a hypocrite, so what can you expect ??
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 12:17   Link #874
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Not quite tho, if he were human, he wouldn't have all the power and authority to even start thinking about killing others.
I meant if Ainz was a Level 100 human player, instead of an Overlord.

Quote:
I feel like half the reasons others defend Ainz are because he is the main character.
That's pretty much it.

Old 2018-09-28, 12:54   Link #875
Vaans
NEET

Episode 12 is a complete massacre. Even the empire's soldiers were scared.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 15:58   Link #876
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

it has nothing to do with Ainz being an undead, Ainz is just a horrible person. If Ainz were human, I'm sure he'd be doing exactly the same thing he is now.
I don't agree with this. He not caring for humans is an undead trait. Undead hating the living is a common trope. In season 1 while looking at the massacre occurring in Carne's village, Ainz said that before being trapped in the game, he would almost faint if he saw blood or any of the other cruelties being displayed in the magic seeing mirror. So you can see there is a clear difference between personalities before and after. The only reason as to why Ainz is not killing any living being on site is because of his past human memories. Because an undead OP overlord would definitely not act like him, lore-wise. What we have is someone with a body programmed to destroy the mortal races with emotion suppression abilities, evil allignment and natural disdain for humans, but with an human mind. The mix between these two extremes creates current Ainz. A messed up combo and the reason why his character gives origin to so many discussions regarding his actions.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 17:04   Link #877
Itlandm
Porcupine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
He not caring for humans is an undead trait. Undead hating the living is a common trope. In season 1 while looking at the massacre occurring in Carne's village, Ainz said that before being trapped in the game, he would almost faint if he saw blood or any of the other cruelties being displayed in the magic seeing mirror. So you can see there is a clear difference between personalities before and after. The only reason as to why Ainz is not killing any living being on site is because of his past human memories. Because an undead OP overlord would definitely not act like him, lore-wise. What we have is someone with a body programmed to destroy the mortal races with emotion suppression abilities, evil allignment and natural disdain for humans, but with an human mind. The mix between these two extremes creates current Ainz. A messed up combo and the reason why his character gives origin to so many discussions regarding his actions.
I may be overthinking this, but I see Ainz as a symbol of the human condition, just transposed one octave toward evil. There have been a number of religious thinkers in particular who have drawn a line between the human spirit as innately innocent and the body as evil or corrupted.
This is found in some Buddhist faiths that claim that humans have an inner Buddha-nature that is innately good and divine, but covered in dirt from our incarnation, which must then be purified through spiritual practice.
The Christian apostle Paul laments the fact that even though he wants to be good, the evil in his flesh is imprisoning him and making him do what he does not want.
And of course the primary preachers of this type of philosophy were the gnostics, who believed that the pure human spirit was imprisoned in an evil body created by the Demiurge, a twisted creator-god of a lower order than the primordial God. The appearance of the name Demiurge in a central (evil) character is a strong hint that the author is at least somewhat familiar with this philosophy.

So basically we have a decent person trapped in a body that is inherently evil by human standards, and this inner person is able to occasionally mitigate the evil that his body naturally lends itself to. But at other times, he finds himself drawn into agreement with his body, even though he knows that it is not right. We get a glimpse of this inner monolog in this episode where the human player inside Ainz briefly reflects on the fact that he should feel bad about this, but feels only excitement.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 17:58   Link #878
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
I don't agree with this. He not caring for humans is an undead trait. Undead hating the living is a common trope. In season 1 while looking at the massacre occurring in Carne's village, Ainz said that before being trapped in the game, he would almost faint if he saw blood or any of the other cruelties being displayed in the magic seeing mirror. So you can see there is a clear difference between personalities before and after. The only reason as to why Ainz is not killing any living being on site is because of his past human memories. Because an undead OP overlord would definitely not act like him, lore-wise. What we have is someone with a body programmed to destroy the mortal races with emotion suppression abilities, evil allignment and natural disdain for humans, but with an human mind. The mix between these two extremes creates current Ainz. A messed up combo and the reason why his character gives origin to so many discussions regarding his actions.
Yes, that's exactly what I ment.

On top of that Ainz is a very, very special case, even for a human that becomes an undead. I am sure in-universe in YGGDRASSIL and/or the New World there are probably methods for a human to become an independent (as in not controlled by a necromancer) undead by transforming their own body into an undead, I'd think. But Ainz isn't like that. He didn't go through any such "proper" ritual, but rather appearently got his human mind forcefully fused into his Overlord (species name) body by whatever process that turned the DMMO characters into real entities in another world.

This might cause several mental problems other than just adjusting to the mental resistences, but also the messy fusion of science-world human mind to magic-world undead Overlord body.

Now Ainz has become unable to sympathize with anyone who he has a neutral or negative relationship with. However strangely, he can still have quite human-like feelings towards those he takes a liking to - more importantly, even though he feels nothing when he killed unknown people or those he doesn't care about or those he dislikes, he still can take a liking to people. Example: Niphrea, Ninya and Nemu.

Niphrea was the first one. Despite him discovering that Ainz = Momon, he didn't re-write his memories. The scene after subduing Hamsuke where Ainz rejected Niphrea from joining Nazarick, he still showed good will towards him. Ainz also saves him over preserving that Crown of Wisdom from the Slane Theocracy, though in that case he already made a deal with Niphrea and Ainz takes such transactions and promises very seriously. Still, it's evident that Ainz has taken a liking to him.

Ninya was someone Ainz didn't get along too well at first and he actually did the "sacrilege" of belittling Ainz's comrades. The fact that after that Ainz still went as far as to give Clementine a "hypocritical hug" as an eye for an eye for Ninya, shows that he not only has forgiven her, but also held enough attachment that he was willing to take revenge for her.

Nemu's case was special because only a short while before meeting her again since the time he saved her and Enri from the disguised Slane Theocracy knights, Ainz told Aura that he only appreciates people who are Nazarick residents from the beginning and otherwise only those who are useful for him and Nazarick. But here is the thing: That's a total lie. Niphrea was useful because of his special skill and his value as an alchemist, while Ninya still left him that one useful book behind. But Nemu is merely Enri's sister and perhaps counts as her emotional support, but while "keeping her alive to keep Enri emotionally stable" might be rational reason to add Nemu to the list, it's clearly NOT the reason he did it. He added her mostly because of her attitude of a Nazarick fangirl. Therefore he lied when he spoke to Aura, but it was proably more of a lie to himself, rather than to Aura.

Now I am waiting for the episode 13 PVs... hopefully before I go asleep.
Old 2018-09-28, 19:51   Link #879
Yan3242

If some of you guys hate ainz because he's evil, villain, no humanity, murderer etc, then why are you following this series? It was established from episode 1 that these nazarick people is not your do goodies, saving the world, help someone in trouble kind of people. Nazarick was made for player who play as non human race to band together and fight back against other human race player from their constant abuse of PKing and discrimination.

I mean, the root of ainz villain or non human trait is pretty much set in stone from episode 1, and was further shown with the floor guardian.
Yan3242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 20:20   Link #880
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yan3242 View Post
If some of you guys hate ainz because he's evil, villain, no humanity, murderer etc, then why are you following this series? It was established from episode 1 that these nazarick people is not your do goodies, saving the world, help someone in trouble kind of people. Nazarick was made for player who play as non human race to band together and fight back against other human race player from their constant abuse of PKing and discrimination.

I mean, the root of ainz villain or non human trait is pretty much set in stone from episode 1, and was further shown with the floor guardian.
Just a small correction: I think you ment the guild Ainz Ooal Gown and not Nazarick. While the guild certainly expanded Nazarick by additional floors and designed most of the interior, they still didn't create it from scratch. They cleared the dungeon called "Tomb of Nazarick" which then turned out to be a viable guild base which was the 10th best base among all known guild bases in all of YGGDRASSIL at that time. They then decided to make it their own base.

Damn it, where's that preview? I am getting sleepy here... it's past 3 a.m. here.