AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-11, 23:56   Link #101
lavielove

I didn't have a chance to read Ichigo 100% or I''S manga. But I do find myself more enjoyable with the background sound and animation in I''S much more than ichigo 100%.It's an OVA of coz.
Old 2006-05-12, 12:03   Link #102
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Well, I wasn't really talking about the anime, if you look at the original statement you'll see that he was referencing the manga (so that was what I was responding to). I'm not precisely sure how the animation in the I''s manga is supposed to be superior to the Ichigo one.
Yeah, I read it on your previous post. I just wanted to point out from an anime viewers point of view who hasn't read either of the manga as to why I''s the winner. I also agree that the male leads for either of the show is the typical harem wimpy lead who are most useful at sulking and self pitying. The poop analogy is very fitting to describe either of them though I would have to say I would rather step on cow poop if both kind of poops are dried hardened and if the cow-poop represent I''s hero simply because the seiyuu is far superior than Ichigo's hero. The length of the show also makes it less mundane and makes the story less awkward though I had to ask why is that punk/potential rapist isn't in jail. For drama's sake? Ah well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
But I do find myself more enjoyable with the background sound and animation in I''S much more than ichigo 100%.It's an OVA of coz.
Ichigo 100 also had 5 or 6 OVA episodes though it didn't do any better from the TV show other than having a slight improvement in the animation which is hardly noticeable aside from one episode.
Old 2006-05-21, 04:50   Link #103
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
I'm just finding the "choose a path and follow it to the end" erogame conversion or a manga that keeps its focus preferable -- growth, change, milestones, etc.
I'll keep an eye on I"s for a bit longer though.
Same here that was the reason I liked I''s too with the whole sticking with one girl while the other girls are just hurdles to test Itchika's relationship with you know who. Should he take the easy way out by going with the other girl's that show up or stick with the girl he loves even with the hard times. That's what I loved about the manga.

Quote:
I also agree that the male leads for either of the show is the typical harem wimpy lead who are most useful at sulking and self pitying.
Well I wouldn't say that Itchika was wimpy he did ran after the boys who were teasing Iori in episode one though he did have a stick/broom running at them and also miss hitting them. Then there was a scene in the manga where again he fought with that dude who's after Iori not once but twice. Junpei was just an annoying indecisive brat while with Itchika you actually understood why he had his difficulties with his relationship (You get to hear his thoughts) and why he was being tempted to be with one of the other girls .

Seriously there were many times that I just wanted to kick Junpei in the balls for being so indecisive but hey that just my opinion.
Old 2006-05-30, 19:41   Link #104
秋水伊人

no one likes I's ?

i love it so much

that's so little discussion about i's here
Old 2006-05-30, 20:23   Link #105
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... you need to search the forum. There's a whole thread for I"s ---
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...highlight=Pure

The search tool doesn't work so well on I"s ... so I tried 'I Pure' and found it.
Old 2006-05-30, 20:26   Link #106
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Probably because the manga is finished and the anime is sporadic. There _is_ some discussion about it though (mainly the anime).

Manga
Anime

And, of course, the ever-popular I''s vs Ichigo 100% thread.

EDIT: D'OH! Vexx beat me! But mine's more comprehensive
Old 2006-06-03, 05:55   Link #107
ZODDGUTS

Finally got to see episodes 2-4 and I gotta say it turn out better then expect really was worried about the anime skipping a ton of stuff in those episodes but it turn out really well. Izumi looked really hot in the bonus episode.

Oh and I loved the Zatman (Zetman) reference in the second episode woot! Could this be hints of a possible Zetman anime? Probably not but hey I can only hope.
Old 2006-06-22, 14:38   Link #108
howzitboy

woot! 5 is out! but im downloading at a blistering speed of 11 kb/s *sigh* . guess ill watch it when i come back from work. this is still my fav show. those ovas got me hooked lol. and im one who likes this better then ichigo 100%.
Old 2006-06-22, 16:24   Link #109
tritoch

OMG! ep 5 is just... just... just... unpredictable.

The train scene was simply... funny!
Old 2006-06-22, 20:23   Link #110
navi432001
Completely Unproductive

Episode 5 has to be one of the best played out turn of events in a romance anime story.

Spoiler:

Whats wrong with piracy?
Old 2006-06-22, 22:13   Link #111
ZODDGUTS

Liked episode 5 too. Loved the final scene one of my favorite moments in the manga. Though in the manga she tried to walk out of the subway but the door closed before she could get out lol.

Episode 6 will be interesting to watch I wonder how they'll end it compared to the manga???
Old 2006-06-22, 22:14   Link #112
howzitboy

it was worth the wait. fun episode with drama , humor and hmm surprises. oo, and a new villain , but kinda late in the series huh?
Old 2006-06-23, 00:37   Link #113
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by howzitboy
it was worth the wait. fun episode with drama , humor and hmm surprises. oo, and a new villain , but kinda late in the series huh?
Yeah, that kinda has me worried about the final episode because they introduced those characters. Because I felt it wasn't neccesary if this was more then 6 episodes then I wouldn't be worried...

Hopefully the final episode doesn't turned out to be rushed story wise.
Old 2006-06-23, 14:28   Link #114
howzitboy

im also hoping for another bonus episode. those are what make the series soo fun.
Old 2006-06-23, 16:58   Link #115
martino
makes no files now

Spoiler for for episode 5:

I wonder what will happen in episode 6. Some kind of misuderstading...again?
Old 2006-06-23, 21:01   Link #116
howzitboy

i just want happy ending. no cliff hangers or misunderstandings. just give me happily ever after....
Old 2006-06-23, 22:30   Link #117
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

heh... this may be my last "yo-yo" romance for a while if they don't make some sustained progress. The series has already taken hits to believability (even a fairy tale has to have a "suspension of disbelief" to be taken seriously) but the quality of the art and animation helps. Also the lead.... is a kinder and gentler poop ... he does seem to care about the *girls* themselves rather than chasing
1) she who he made some promise to ages ago
2) she which had the special panties he saw
3) the he might get laid with fastest.
He's still an idiot of a special kind but not quite enough to cause me to delete the files.... though this series fails the what I'd call a "date" anime (i.e. something I'd suggest anyone watch with their girlfriend/wife). Canvas 2 or even Shuffle! passes that test better.
We'll see if they can stick to the progress made.
Old 2006-06-23, 23:21   Link #118
DrewGSR

The last 3 mins of this episode basically saved the series for me. I was like ORZ!!! Wow wtf, this whole episode with absolutely 0 progress from the last ova. I was like getting pissed off and annoyed with that Seto bastard. I swear i was like OMG if it just ends with nothing happening im going to throw something. I mind the drawn out love/shy/bs thing but sometimes it becomes annoying since you see it so many times. Your just like yelling at the screen "SAY IT ALREADY"

Anyways, 1 more episode to go and we better get to see some closure cuz if it ends with how the OVA just starts which is no where im going to be pissed lol.
Old 2006-06-24, 14:31   Link #119
kayoujin

LOL i totally agree with u, DrewGSR!
Old 2006-07-27, 18:58   Link #120
LordMelkor

I recently finished reading the manga (and really liked it). I saw that there was an animated series so i just started downloading it, but I was wondering how close the anime is to the manga, and I read somewhere somthing that suggested koshinae was not in it? (he was one of my favorite characters -_-) What kind of stuff was cut out? I was also curious if the author of the manga had any hand in the creation of the manga as of yet I have found virtually no information about this anime. So if anyone could bring me up to speed with that stuff... thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance