Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-13, 03:24   Link #161
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, from their perspective, all he's done is push them into the kind of compromises that mean releasing on time and on budget. It's normal to think that if they can't take that, doing art professionally may not have been for them.
I don't think it's exactly that they "can't take it".

It's more like they just lost motivation. Like the other guy said, if he just followed whatever Kyoya said then things will work out so does Kyoya really need him specifically?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I'm gonna miss this very mature and proper mother Shionaki grew into compared to the baby version of her in her college years.
Really? She's kind of boring.

Quote:
the gacha market is so competitive and overcrowded, dont buy whatever fix for this at all. its just too late.
If it's "too late" then most of those guys are going to need to find a new job. So yeah, they are pretty motivated to keep the game going for as long as possible.

[EDIT]
I don't want to double post so I'm just editing this.

So I had more thoughts on Shinoaki being boring. And yes, she really is. She's like a generic "hot anime mom" now. The type of character you don't even see anymore because they are boring.

I didn't especially like the original Shinoaki but she was at least a little bit unique. This new Shinoaki doesn't seem to have many of her previous character traits.

Last edited by moridin84; 2021-09-13 at 09:02.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-13, 17:10   Link #162
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
So I had more thoughts on Shinoaki being boring. And yes, she really is. She's like a generic "hot anime mom" now. The type of character you don't even see anymore because they are boring.

I didn't especially like the original Shinoaki but she was at least a little bit unique. This new Shinoaki doesn't seem to have many of her previous character traits.
The only thing "unique" about her was her accent, which she indeed lost.
Old 2021-09-13, 18:09   Link #163
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Haven't watched the episode yet, but if it's about gacha rates being "wrong" compared to either their stated rates or the rates vary from person to person:

That was never an issue with FGO. FGO had a lot of maintenance early, but that's the only "buggy" thing it had going for it. Granblue Fantasy had the issue known as Monkeygate. See this reddit thread for a deeper explanation. I believe one of the One Piece and/or DBZ games had an issue with rates being different from person to person too, but it was covered up as being a short term bug that was fixed conveniently only after it was discovered by fans when it had been going on for an untold length of time.
There were complaints about some FGO rate-ups being different on Korean servers, though, in this series the complaint was about MCs seiyuu getting shitload of SSRs. Shimazaki also gets them regularly but he just seem to whale like crazy so no one suspects him of getting custom gatcha rates.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 08:33   Link #164
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Great. Just great, the show went all out and turn Kyo into a full-on Jesus of a manager. Everything is saved! Including making the artist inspired & motivated again just by showing a single picture.

But after all that, looks like we'll go back in time again.

Btw, they way they overcompensate with the game credits reminds me of Bamco being extra generous with their Gundam Breaker Mobile game during the height of pendemic back in 2020. They gave us a lot of in-game credits & other tips due to lack of campaign when everyone worked from home. The rates for SSR became progressively better since then and they also provided us with more ways to get the SSR that don't depend on just luck.
Old 2021-09-18, 18:44   Link #165
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't think I've seen a protagonist wanked this much since Onii-sama. Absolutely everyone loves him. His only "flaw" is that he's so talented he makes other people lose motivation. But of course, nobody blames him. It's not his fault at all that he encouraged Nanako to rip off existing songs and refused to let Shinoaki make an extra illustration that even he thought would make the game better. That didn't stifle their creativity, nope. He also utterly humiliated Kawasegawa in this episode. Good thing she's not as weak willed as the other girls and Tsurayuki.
Old 2021-09-18, 19:50   Link #166
Alchemist007
*Author

Not sure if I'll drop this or just deduct more points if they do more time foolery for "other girl arcs."
It would leave very little to be invested in as a plot.
Old 2021-09-18, 20:58   Link #167
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The protagonist literally pulled a Deux ex Machina and fixed last episode's problem in the first couple minutes of the next.
Oh god, this is cringey.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-18, 21:23   Link #168
monsta666

The way Kyoya solved the issues of the game with the fixes was waay too convenient. I am no programmer but a switch of engine wouldn’t be that easy to pull off. Also, the way he solved the illustration problem was contrived but I suppose if I were to give the benefit of the doubt perhaps these developments happened the way they did because the writers wanted to push the narrative forward and tackle other issues that remain hanging. After all there is only one more episode to wrap everything or at the very least provide a satisfactory conclusion...

As for Kyoya and his friends losing motivation. I have to agree with Kawasegawa on that one. Sure, what he did by copying and stifling their creativity to meet a deadline is not the greatest thing to do. But that is the nature of role. Artists in this industry have to adapt their style to the demands of the project. You are not going to have the creative freedom to whatever you want especially at the beginning of your career when you are part of a team project. If you lose motivation over such things, you will never make it. The industry is competitive and they would have washed out sooner or later. Better they find the reality in school than on the job when their livelihood depends on them following the script.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 08:28   Link #169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post
As for Kyoya and his friends losing motivation. I have to agree with Kawasegawa on that one. Sure, what he did by copying and stifling their creativity to meet a deadline is not the greatest thing to do. But that is the nature of role. Artists in this industry have to adapt their style to the demands of the project. You are not going to have the creative freedom to whatever you want especially at the beginning of your career when you are part of a team project. If you lose motivation over such things, you will never make it. The industry is competitive and they would have washed out sooner or later. Better they find the reality in school than on the job when their livelihood depends on them following the script.
The problem with that line of reasoning is that we know that in the previous timeline, they did make it. And they made it big.
Old 2021-09-19, 09:54   Link #170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The problem with that line of reasoning is that we know that in the previous timeline, they did make it. And they made it big.
They may have learned to deliver on time in the first timeline, but on their own terms, after one or more failures.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2021-09-19 at 11:41.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 10:14   Link #171
Anemya

can anyone tell me nanako and kawasegawa current relationship situation with the MC? from the sypnosis it looks like shinoaki gets the lead
Old 2021-09-19, 11:53   Link #172
HandofFate

As everyone said, the way he fixes things is so convenient, and everyone just accepts it.
He even pulls out that he suddenly had an old friend that knew the boss in his younger days, to fully convince him. lol, come on.

From Kawasegawa's side, yea she's right. The burden of the others futures isn't on him.

What I find interesting is when she started going over what he did after the writer guy left. Since we don't know what happened either. What happened to that Kyoya after the loli threw him into the future. Did he go on auto-mode, or was it still him. And to that one, he just didn't remember encountering the loli and just went on with the timeline.
Old 2021-09-19, 17:53   Link #173
Wandering Soul

I'm sort of mixed on what Kawasegawa has to say. While I don't feel that it completely absolves Kyoya for messing with their lives, the decision to quit was ultimately on Tsurayuki and the other girls.
Old 2021-09-19, 19:34   Link #174
monsta666

I am of the mindset that people take ownership over the decisions they make. If I quit college or choose another career path that is my choice and I shouldn't blame someone for my decision even if that person had some malicious intent. Kyoya had no malicious intent and was simply misguided in his actions. He bears no responsibility for what happened.

Yes, the students may have succeeded in another timeline but in both cases, they were never forced to quit. They could have got over that trial but instead of overcoming this obstacle they chose to run. I know what I say sounds a bit harsh but I am trying to put myself in their shoes. If my dream was to become an artist/singer/writer I would not let one setback, even a big one, stop me from pursuing my goals. Life can suck and sometimes you just have to power through those BS. If his friends kept suffering from repeated failures then it would be more understandable for them to quit.

I think what these shifting timelines demonstrate is how fragile peoples' fate can be. Sometimes being in the right place at the right time can be the difference between success and failure. If Kyoya came into their life later on he could have been boon for their careers. However, as it was, his earlier appearance actually acted as a hinderance. It is a case of being in the right place at the wrong time. Is that anyone’s fault? Not really. It is the same actions but with different timings.

Out of all the characters I feel Kawasegawa had it the hardest as she was undermined big time in the last episode. If I was in her position, I would be pissed in Kyoya’s sudden outburst and his attempt to take over the management in such a public fashion. A little talk in private before the sudden outburst would have made a big difference… But seeing this show is a drama piece I can see why things were done this way as it was more dramatic. I will say the writing was not great here as not only was his talk likely to have backfired his resolutions solved matters way too easily. It was just one of those moments when you had to roll your eyes and suspend disbelief.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-19, 21:55   Link #175
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta666 View Post

Out of all the characters I feel Kawasegawa had it the hardest as she was undermined big time in the last episode. If I was in her position, I would be pissed in Kyoya’s sudden outburst and his attempt to take over the management in such a public fashion. A little talk in private before the sudden outburst would have made a big difference… But seeing this show is a drama piece I can see why things were done this way as it was more dramatic. I will say the writing was not great here as not only was his talk likely to have backfired his resolutions solved matters way too easily. It was just one of those moments when you had to roll your eyes and suspend disbelief.
This episode makes me feeling as it is Kawasegawa route. She says she wants to take trip to Cancun Okinawa. Kyoya is misled to believe she is about to quit. He must watch too many anime. There is no way she is going to Okinawa and works in a White Sand Acquarium.

Kyoya is a miracle worker again. Kawasegawa is not happy about the unhappy treatment, and she is forced to manage failed game engine and unfair contract. While Kyoya is free from those obstacles, he works under the table to develop the solution. He develops the transition plan for the game engine. The only magic he pulls is to change the mind of the company president, on changing schedule. Apparently, the company president has made the promises on impossible tasks. He is reluctant to lose his face even his decision is making worse outcome. Kawasegawa's warning only angers him. Kyoya somehow gets the job done without getting burned.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 10:05   Link #176
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Aaaaaaaand......we got an open ending......with a cliffhanger as the cherry on top.

Old 2021-09-25, 10:27   Link #177
Dop
Mmmm....

"Yes! I want to give up this ideal family life and return to my student days!"

Dude, not only is that a stupid idea, that's a mid-life crisis!!

Quote:
What happened to that Kyoya after the loli threw him into the future. Did he go on auto-mode, or was it still him. And to that one, he just didn't remember encountering the loli and just went on with the timeline.
The only way I consider his story even vaguely functions is to assume each arc is taking place in a parallel universe and this Kyoya's consciousness is leaping among different parallel universe versions of himself which are living their own lives when he's not there, like in that old TV show Quantum Leap.

To be honest, if this show does get the second season they're clearly hoping for with that ending, then I'm not bothering with it.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 12:10   Link #178
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And I will watch S2 if it ever comes out. But no desire to read the LN even if translation exists.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 17:50   Link #179
Alchemist007
*Author

I probably wouldn't carry on with an S2 myself. Unlike another 'redo' show, Higurashi, this show's narrative isn't interesting enough to warrant that gimmick. Redoing things once would've been fine I think, he DID get a nice future and there were EVEN hints that not all is lost, with his wife drawing again amongst other changes. But there they go again.

5/10
Old 2021-09-25, 18:31   Link #180
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kyoya is hands down the worst MC of the year. He goes back in time again because apparently, he gets to decide whether other people are happy or not. He never bothered to check on Nanako and Tsurayuki besides a quick google search. His motivation is actually entirely selfish, he just wants the college life he never got.

I'm going to assume this timeline will keep existing and he'll be replaced by the version of himself who actually lived those past 11 years. Thing is, he never bothers to ask Keiko what will happen to Maki if he goes back, and apparently even assumes her existence will be erased. He cares enough to spend one last day with her, but not even Shinoaki picking up drawing again is enough to change his mind.

Tags
drama, romance