AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 19 46.34%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 34.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 12.20%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-14, 22:23   Link #21
i0td

I agree, this episode was very entertaining. Renge and the girls and their intense flames of moe. Kasanoda's situation with Haruhi. And as always, the many expressions of Tamaki. (My favorite was when his head petrified and collapsed on itself.) Such a dynamic character, but sigh... lacking in the one feeling that will make him complete, love. I continue to cheer him on though. Let's go, Tamaki!
Old 2006-09-15, 04:27   Link #22
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Was that some foreshadowing I detected at the very end of the episode? I'm not sure what the chances are of anything developing before series' end, given that Tamaki doesn't even realize he likes Haruhi, but if the past couple of eps are any indication, this series could be ending on a strong note.

I've been impressed by the last two eps. Rather than running out of steam as I predicted, this series is actually getting stronger of recent eps. It's a credit to this show that I can still laugh at it after so many eps. It did lull a tad around the middle, but I've been impressed that it's managed to pick itself up again as a comedy and still remain consistantly funny. This ep again was hilarious... some of the moments just had me in stitches (particularly Kasanoda's edited memories).

I'm slowly changing my mind about Ouran. For a while I thought it was good without being great, but given how strong these last few eps are, if it ends with a good final few eps, it'd be reason for me to consider it among the great anime comedies.
Old 2006-09-15, 05:01   Link #23
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

This episode was great. All the girls in the club were on fire and fantazing like hell about Haruhi and Kasanoda. Damn, Haruhi! She doesn't notice that Kasanoda is heads over heels for her, but that's what makes it all hilarious. I do feel bad for Kasanado now because he was totally shot down. Poor guy...dang Haruhi.

One last thing, Haruhi looks pretty...erotic as a Yakuza woman.
Old 2006-09-15, 13:20   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg!!!! tamaki's inner imagination at the start was funny as hell XD i feel sorry for da man
kyoya using his family's power to surpress and threaten Kasanoda...the rich bastard lol!
the misunderstanding about Kasanoda being gay was soo expected but done is such a good way its really amazing...even now im still laughing at "the flames of moe" crack its like a whole rave of girls enjoying the gay show and that kyoya is trying to hit a new record of ppl comming...hes such a "money whore"
robo tamaki, over dramatictizing tamaki...this ep has everything...
the ending showed a big spoiler by honey...i wonder how true it is?
overall...one of the best eps of the series and i think most ppl here agree...
PS....THX FOR THE MOE!!!

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-15, 17:37   Link #25
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
This has to bee one of the funniest episods i have ever seen. Cassnova gu freaking out and the girls going bonkers over the Uber Moe that was going on. I really thought that Tamaki was going to finally understand his feeling towards Haruhi but No hes just as much of an idiot as usual. Seems like everyone with the exception of Mori and Honey have a crush on Haruhi.

By the way my heart goes out to Cassanova-Kun to be rejected before even confessing thats freaking tough and to be called a friend twice DAMN
Old 2006-09-16, 13:30   Link #26
rpgman1

That episode was pretty hilarious. His freezing stare failed against the girls flaming moe and Kasanoda gets treated like a friend. Reminds me of Arai-kun getting the same treatment. Is Haruhi really that dense when someone's in love with her? As for Tamaki, he doesn't seem to realize that he's in love with Haruhi.
Old 2006-09-16, 14:04   Link #27
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Doesn't what Hunny said at the end of the episode make you kinda sad? D:
Old 2006-09-16, 16:24   Link #28
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo
Doesn't what Hunny said at the end of the episode make you kinda sad? D:
Yeah I thought so, it made me sad but its interesting to see that alot of the characters see that Tamaki likes Haruhi (well Honey and Im sure Mori and I bet Kyou does too, obv the twins know)

I just hope they dont plan on wrapping it all up in the last 2 epis since Honey did mention graduation...
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-17, 03:49   Link #29
hakasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
Yeah I thought so, it made me sad but its interesting to see that alot of the characters see that Tamaki likes Haruhi (well Honey and Im sure Mori and I bet Kyou does too, obv the twins know)

I just hope they dont plan on wrapping it all up in the last 2 epis since Honey did mention graduation...
Nah, dun think they can wrap it up in 2 episodes. Even in final episode, it will be an open end thing, by the end of the day, this isn't ur typical boy meets girl romance anime. We will be lucky enough to even be able to see Haruhi showing ANY signs of interest towards any of the boys. Bless her, but she is so wooden when it comes to matters of the heart. Poor Casanova kun!
Old 2006-09-17, 20:05   Link #30
Theowne
耳をすませば

Hmmm....I'm finished my 23-episode Ouran marathon. Geez, I love this series. Though I never tried it until now because the description didn't seem like something I'd like. Never make decisions based on the summaries (coincidentally almost all my favourite animes were ones that I put off watching because the summaries didn't "grab" me)

BTW this arc was hilarious. Highlights for me included how Tamaki kept calling him "Boss-Nova-kun" as he tried to correct him (it's a joke used in various forms endlessly in all media), but it's still hilarious", and the bit from this episode with the "edited memory".

Though Tamaki's been out of the spotlight for a while, just playing comic relief (well, it is a comedy).....I kinda hope they'll do something in the final eps like how they developed the twins.

P.S. The way Haruhi (or rather her seiyuu) says "huh?" in those incredulous moments is so great.......

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Closed Thread