AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-21, 01:20   Link #21
BlueDo

New chapter is out by Maigo Scans.
It feels very rushed. If I didn't read ahead in the novels, it would've been a bit hard to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
I'm guessing its the first impressions based on the novel illustrations that made this a eye catcher. I would probably be suckered into buying this based on the cover/pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I'm guessing here that the eye-pleasing character designs + the delicious artwork/covers may have helped to boost the popularity of this series. how many of you were convinced to read the manga after looking at the color pages and the nice-looking artwork? that's usually what first catches the eye of a potential reader;
Heh. I wish there were some other major reasons.
It's inevitable. Appearance counts for a lot.

Which is ironic.
If all the girls really did look that pretty, they wouldn't have problems making friends.
Sure, they may have terrible personalities, but that still shouldn't leave them friendless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime soda View Post
Romance isn't in the tag but I'm hoping there's something between them developing at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Maybe a couple more chapters and someone might add that tag since this is the manga topic afterall if you get what I mean =D.
Personally, I really hope there won't be romance until much later on.
In most cases, the "romance" element just feel rushed, cliched, and overall undeveloped.
My qualm with it just derives from being disappointed with how other manga set them up and ruin it.

After all, this is a novel/story about making friends, not exactly boy-girl relationships.
They first have to friends before getting to that part.
Though, chances are that the club will remain with those 7 members, and none of them will ever make friends. Haha...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I have to say that the premise is an interesting one that really works. Having "friendless" characters befriend other "friendless" characters, who then try to do interesting activities among themselves certainly ensues that something unique and enjoyable is about to happen. I think that's where the manga/light novel shines: in the activities the characters try to perform, and the different interactions that may be created as result.
It does seem the originality counts for a lot in its appeal.
Looking forward to how the author continues the story.

Last edited by BlueDo; 2010-07-21 at 01:38.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 01:44   Link #22
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Regarding why the novel has become a hit, IMO it is attributable to the clever and humorous writing of Hirasaka, with random parodies of and references to eroge, moe, 2ch and other otaku stuff. On top of that, the abundance of blue jokes and dirty talks make it a truly "light" novel that anyone can pick up, immediately be immersed and have a good laugh.

Btw since this is the Manga & Light Novels forum, wouldn't it be a good idea to find some way to indicate on the thread title that this is for manga discussion only?
Old 2010-07-21, 01:52   Link #23
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Btw since this is the Manga & Light Novels forum, wouldn't it be a good idea to find some way to indicate on the thread title that this is for manga discussion only?
Unless I missed it, it's in the first post of the topic. Maybe not the same as the title but most people read the first posts.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-25, 23:39   Link #24
Falkor

chapter 03

rather than making fun of him, the two girls should be proud of the fact that he at least is not playing a female character. =D (his "new" look couldn't be so funny and different at the same time).

again, gotta love those two girls arguing and fighting with each other, even when they play a game and happen to be in the same team. it's funny how they never got to work together as allies, choosing instead to exact revenge should the slightest opportunity appear before their eyes, only to have things escalate a few steps at a time.

it's also ironic how they act and behave like very good "friends", even though they don't want to admit it. I think the animosity (and they way they express it) is what makes this and past chapters so enjoyable to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
It feels very rushed. If I didn't read ahead in the novels, it would've been a bit hard to follow.
I don't think this chapter was particularly rushed. it got the funny parts of the story together with most of the jokes. while the novel may have contained more detail and information with regards to the same event, I believe this chapter is actually pretty straight forward in what is set to do: a funny and entertaining situation in what is supposed to be an opportunity to create camaraderie among its "friendless" members.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-26, 20:06   Link #25
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

LOL Sena is now atm at the forefront of fav character of this great little series.
She did the the one thing I always do when ever I can, chop down a companion in the back
Whether it be a FPS, MMORPG, whatever, everyone at least once will backstab just for the sake of it and I just love the way Sena did, right off the bat
Plus her staying up all weekened to play the game makes me like her even more, totally reminds me of times when I used to do that.

The girls downward spirl into chaos was pretty funny, think I've had that a few times when playing some games but more in the spirit of lolz, even if we would be swearing at each other

looking forward to more of this, hope we get a new member next chapter.
Old 2010-07-26, 22:37   Link #26
BlueDo

Chapter 4 is out.
Hahaha, it's hilarious.
Kodaka gets jealous of the MC for having a friend already.
Yozora and Sena are as socially incompetent as ever.
And... Nagata Yukiko?

Also, do we have the special announcement that came with vol.1 release?

Last edited by BlueDo; 2010-07-27 at 02:18.
Old 2010-07-31, 19:41   Link #27
Falkor

chapter 04

makes you wonder, what kind of game can they actually play together?
"Sena is so hard to pronounce" (I remember saying similar lines to my friends... lol)
it's funny how Sena and Yozora arrive to the same conclusion. :P
"I believed in you Yukiko" <--- lol
Old 2010-08-02, 03:47   Link #28
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
There's no doubt in my mind that this series will find its way to television eventually.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 04:27   Link #29
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Well chapter 5 introduces a cute trap...I mean new member who greatly admires Kodaka for the wrong reasons It's hard to say no to that face.

Trap + Ponytail + Mini-skirt + Stockings = Deadly Combo
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 09:06   Link #30
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
OMG, the trap is pretty good, even I was falling for him , and I don't usually fall for traps =02. Kodaka said he was losing rep, but he had to actually be gaining it; I mean, he had Yozu and Sena, two girls who are pretty much loners, following him around. That'd boost just about anyones rep .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 14:09   Link #31
Xacual

Well Sena isn't a complete loner, all the guys worship her, she just doesn't have any female friends which is what she wants.

I don't really like the trap character yet. I've really grown tired of the whole weak character that wants to serve main character type, and I don't see anything other than the fact that he is a trap to differentiate him.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 16:23   Link #32
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

OH SH**!

You know in that prologue chapter I thought it was a girl, thought Kodaka was the only guy in the club but damn did not see that coming!

Altho I love my traps, Sena is still my favorite character here, she's just so full of herself it's weirdly refreshing.
Btw as of ch 5 it's come to my attention that Kodaka, Sena and Yozura are way more entertaining than any of the gang from Haruhi.

oh and as I've said over in the Asobi ni Iku Yo thread, there was posters of this series in the ep 4, which makes me hope and beleive that a anime will come for this series!

So I wonder when Taser-chan and Imouto-chan will show up, looking forward to them
Old 2010-08-02, 16:52   Link #33
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
Also, do we have the special announcement that came with vol.1 release?
A bunch of light novel related translations and news came out at the end of last month (lol and Starcraft 2) I totally forgot to check back on this, but apparently the supposed major announcement is that the series finally got its own homepage (orz I know, but ...) that has a pretty hilarious front page and flash intro (awesome beach picture from the LN). I remain hopeful this will get an adaptation eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
So I wonder when Taser-chan and Imouto-chan will show up, looking forward to them
Oh, I missed this. Imouto shows up at chapter 6.

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2010-08-02 at 18:16.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 19:11   Link #34
BlueDo

HAHAHAHA
When I saw Yukimura's name in the Yaminabe chapter, I thought of Sanada.
And wouldn't have known that he was a boy either if I didn't read the novel.

I'm guessing that someone would later force him to wear a maid outfit, eh?
Even though he was tricked into the club, he pretty much also fits under the category of "having no friends."
Old 2010-08-02, 23:41   Link #35
frubam
simp for Lyria

Totally unrelated, but I just read Mukuchi na Bakemono wa Yoru ni Naku tonight. It reminded me of this a lot(that's not to say they are the same, mind you), with the whole "main char getting avoided" theme. It's only a 46 page one-shot, and I know I'm just posting this initially on me being hyped or whatever, but i'd say check it out. It's too bad that it was only a one-shot .
Old 2010-08-03, 00:18   Link #36
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

Totally unrelated, but I just read Mukuchi na Bakemono wa Yoru ni Naku tonight.
Are you shadowing me?

Spoiler for off topic:
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-03, 11:37   Link #37
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire View Post
Are you shadowing me?

Spoiler for off topic:
I know not what you mean
Spoiler for still off-topic:
Old 2010-08-04, 08:07   Link #38
kemal_1915

I have followed Hirasaka-san's novel a long time and I have a collection of his work at home
The essence of Hirasaka-san's novel is sarcasm and mockery, but not moe and fan-service
He made fun of otaku culture (mainly, like the previous chapter in this manga, galgame, monster hunter...) and the whole world (some of his early works)
Because of the cruel reality (the sales of his early works are not good), he compromised and added more moe elements.
This work is the result - a little mockery and a lot of moe.
The sales result proved that this is the right choice.
The novel is not as crazy as his early work. Still, I like it.

By the way, the title of this book is called "I have few friend" but we, the novel readers, always refer it as "I have few friend but I have a harem"
kemal_1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-07, 15:43   Link #39
Falkor

chapter 05

"Drink this while it's still warm, Kodaka" <-- oh I think this is the reason why I like Yozora more than Sena. she will make Kodaka feel bad in ways she and only she can do---pure evil at its best. it's also ironic that the one who is saying this to him is the same person that has conversations with an imaginary air friend.

I wouldn't mind a cute underling. ~fufufufu

Sena and Yozora were having so much fun in this chapter at the expense of Kodaka. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
oh and as I've said over in the Asobi ni Iku Yo thread, there was posters of this series in the ep 4, which makes me hope and beleive that a anime will come for this series!
I read your post and went back to check the episode myself. didn't see it the first time around, so it took me a while to find it, but yes, there it is. There was also a poster of PuiPui and some others whose pictures I recognized, but whose titles I never learned.
Old 2010-08-07, 22:37   Link #40
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Hm, if you guys like traps, check out Himitsu no Akuma-chan. There's a really dangerous trap right there.

Don't think it's scanlated yet though.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, school life, seinen