Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-19, 07:17   Link #241
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Knowing that one of Eris's tasks is to investigate about the dog aliens, one has to wonder what is the next step the Catians will do after receiving Eris's report about them.

The mother ship and the K-on catgirls (voiced by the VA of Yui and Tsumugi ) who visited Kio at the end of ep 2 may come for roasted meat and diplomatic relationship in name, but may actually be more interested in eradicating the dog aliens on earth.

Anyway random speculations beyond the canon is fun.
Well, it really depends on the political standing of the Dog people.
We don't know if Catia had merely got a cultural/political disagreement with the Dogs, or if in fact the Dogs ARE under investigation by the Galactic community at large for genuine crimes. It can go either way at this point. What is true, is that the Dogs would certainly do their best to inhibit any diplomatic progress made by the Cat people on Earth, if only to keep their control of the planet.
(Real life comparison: If the CIA found Russia is doing something secretive in some small nation, they would be cautious. But if they found NORTH KOREA is doing something secretive in that same nation instead, the reaction would be far more fierce. There is a difference between tense relations and hostile relations.)
Old 2010-07-19, 07:22   Link #242
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, it really depends on the political standing of the Dog people.
We don't know if Catia had merely got a cultural/political disagreement with the Dogs, or if in fact the Dogs ARE under investigation by the Galactic community at large for genuine crimes. It can go either way at this point.
Eris used quite strong words regarding the dog aliens when being held captive, saying that any contact with them is in itself a violation of the intergalactic laws and constitute as "smuggling." I assume the problem is well beyond mere cultural/political disagreements.

Quote:
(Real life comparison: If the CIA found Russia is doing something secretive in some small nation, they would be cautious. But if they found NORTH KOREA is doing something secretive in that same nation instead, the reaction would be far more fierce. There is a difference between tense relations and hostile relations.)
You won't be automatically marked by the US authorities for contacting Russians, but you probably will if you have any established contacts in NK. I'd say the later is a better analogy for the Cats v Dogs case.
Old 2010-07-19, 07:27   Link #243
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Eris used quite strong words regarding the dog aliens when being held captive, saying that any contact with them is in itself a violation of the intergalactic laws and constitute as "smuggling." I assume the problem is well beyond mere cultural/political disagreements.
Then it sounds like the Dog People are under the equivalent of political sanctions by the Galactic Community. They must have messed up some planets badly to get their whole species on the "do not make friends" list.
Old 2010-07-19, 07:38   Link #244
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Then it sounds like the Dog People are under the equivalent of political sanctions by the Galactic Community. They must have messed up some planets badly to get their whole species on the "do not make friends" list.
One has to wonder what they have done in the past to get themselves royally screwed up... In ep1 Eris mentioned that any invasion attempts by a planet/species will lead to the total destruction of such by the Orusonians who preside the Galactic UN.

So maybe the dog people tried to took over the cat planet, but with the help of the Orusonians the dog planet got destroyed. Survivors fled to other planets such as the earth, contemplating revenges against the Catians.

(Note: again this is speculation only. )
Old 2010-07-19, 07:45   Link #245
ReddyRedWolf

Political sanctions? From what Eris said these guys wipe out an entire race for pulling an invasion. Her wording indicates Catia is not a member of the Galactic Federation.

From the sound of it the Galactic Federation is something on the level of the Culture only that it is lead by the Sublimed, Orsarians, instead of Minds.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 07:54   Link #246
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Political sanctions? From what Eris said these guys wipe out an entire race for pulling an invasion. Her wording indicates Catia is not a member of the Galactic Federation.
Up to this point, she has never directly mentioned that the Dog People indeed pulled an invasion. But this is one of the logical conclusions from our analysis. As for whether Catia is a member of the Galactic Federation, it is debatable at this point of time.

The Federation may be comparable with the UN. As a UN member, you (cf. Catia) have a choice to send troops or not for each UN military operation.

But if you (cf. Dog People) try to invade your neighbours (cf. Catia), the World Police Nation (cf. Orsonians) will come after you in the name of UN.
Old 2010-07-19, 08:34   Link #247
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, the pace of episode 2 was insane. I loved it and have no problem with it so far, but I hope they know what they're doing, I wouldn't want this to end up like another show last season...

The first part with Manami spying on (or should we say stalking?) Kio and Eris was very amusing, how many pens did she break out of jealousy?

Madao Oji-san is right, Kio is pretty damn popular. Speaking of the uncle, I knew he would turn out to be awesome. His identity is still unclear though, it doesn't look like he belongs to any of the organisations we've seen. So, it looks like the villains will be dog aliens, huh... brilliant.

Momoji is by far my favorite girl. I was also wondering how she gets out her ultra tight suit; since they showed how she puts it on, maybe they'll show that later as well. Certainly wouldn't mind seeing it. I can't wait to learn more about her, she's still the most mysterious character of the series.

PS: Eris is very cute as well. The light beam following her butt everywhere is funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I recall reading something about GaoGaiGar having a hammer that converted whatever it hit into photons... was it parodied here?
I don't know if it was a parody, but yes, the Goldion Hammer is the first thing I thought about. Hikari ni naaareeeee!
Old 2010-07-19, 08:45   Link #248
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Wow, the pace of episode 2 was insane. I loved it and have no problem with it so far, but I hope they know what they're doing, I wouldn't want this to end up like another show last season...

Why is everyone doing this? is it so hard to mention the name of this series? Or... I know, you guys are just being nice to me, thinking I won't know what you're talking about.... yeah .....

Quote:
The first part with Manami spying on (or should we say stalking?) Kio and Eris was very amusing, how many pens did she break out of jealousy?
I found the pencil breaking amusing. We should be glad she didn't fire off some guns

Quote:
Momoji is by far my favorite girl. I was also wondering how she gets out her ultra tight suit; since they showed how she puts it on, maybe they'll show that later as well. Certainly wouldn't mind seeing it. I can't wait to learn more about her, she's still the most mysterious character of the series.
Uh.... I'll just stay quiet on this for now (I'm riding the 4koma train right now)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 08:55   Link #249
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking Episode 1

Well it was freaking time I got GIFs done of that so if anyone wanted avatars of Eris or Momiji have I got treats for you all here: http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...de-1-gifs.html I will leave out let's just say this Manami GIF that I find she was erotic in way.....don't you all agree?=>

I think this was a epic avatar creation of Momiji firing guns=>

Anyways episode 2 coming up and yeah lots more love from me to this series like Shufuku no Campanella is getting some too.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 10:41   Link #250
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow this series should be pretty fun . Episode 2 just continued things and impressed at how much action is actually getting into this series. A group of tanks just owned by some goofy looking hammers. Those are the most dangerous kinds of weapons, ones you can't take seriously until after you've been owned .

Surprised at how fast Momiji's secret was dropped. Thought that would carry on for most of the series. Do wonder about her current situation. Being that powerful and useful she can get away with quite a bit. Might not want to push things since she'd probably kill anyone sent to take her out.

The pen snapping was fun. Eris and Kio just laughing awkwardly and then the pens snap .

It was nice that Kio was pretty level headed throughout this episode and really stepped up with the decision to go and rescue Eris. Sure she really didn't need the help, but the fact he went in there says plenty about him.

Would love to see the look on those cultists' faces at the end of the episode. All that fuss over Eris and now a mother-ship just lands straight overhead. What a race though to make formal introductions simply because they got a report saying the food is good .
Old 2010-07-19, 11:20   Link #251
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
...What a race though to make formal introductions simply because they got a report saying the food is good .
Not that it makes a huge difference to your point, but I believe it was a direct sensory communication, so that they could actually taste how good the food was.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:23   Link #252
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Would love to see the look on those cultists' faces at the end of the episode. All that fuss over Eris and now a mother-ship just lands straight overhead. What a race though to make formal introductions simply because they got a report saying the food is good .
While I'm sure the food is a large part of the reason why they came to Earth I'm sure the Dog Alien race being on that planet is another.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:29   Link #253
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

One has to wonder how bad their daily food is though despite of their culture of 70k+ years. After all roasted meat is not exactly a very special dish and can be found in any culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
While I'm sure the food is a large part of the reason why they came to Earth I'm sure the Dog Alien race being on that planet is another.
Seconded, at least in the meantime with the information provided in ep 1 and 2.
Old 2010-07-19, 11:34   Link #254
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

I must say I find the "we can't allow the likes of eris be our First Encounter" sentiment quite refreshing. I'd wholehartedly take sensei's side, but to be honest she's creeping me out even more than the three other freaks combined.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 11:45   Link #255
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
I must say I find the "we can't allow the likes of eris be our First Encounter" sentiment quite refreshing. I'd wholehartedly take sensei's side, but to be honest she's creeping me out even more than the three other freaks combined.
She is from the "Hard SciFi" group. People who insist that science fiction needs to be more realistic no matter how contradictory it is. A very loud and very extreme community who often show up to troll SciFi forums online.

What she doesn't realise is that the Catia people have became so advanced that they no longer LOOK advanced. Their technology have became all but invisible, and all the fashion and hardware ended up looking like what they want it to look like, rather than what they had to look like. So instead of form following function, the form followed fashion.

Hence, cute droids, cute bell on the neck, cute weapon, and cute powersuit. They all work as intended, though they didn't HAVE to look cute, but they do because they can be. The Catia crossed the technological singularity (The technology indistinguishable from magic threshold), after which hard sci-fi rules no longer apply.

The fact that Catia nation isn't some superpower just shows how strong the rest of the universe is.
Old 2010-07-19, 11:53   Link #256
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
One has to wonder how bad their daily food is though despite of their culture of 70k+ years. After all roasted meat is not exactly a very special dish and can be found in any culture.

Seconded, at least in the meantime with the information provided in ep 1 and 2.
Well generally put it's usually portrayed that Earth cuisine is something quite special amongst alien encounters, something I've grown to like over the years. If theres somethings we can be proud of it's our talent with food and drink
we may not have the hi-tech spaceships or super powered battle suits or death rays but we got our awesome steak and fries or pizza or roast duck

I just wonder how the living arrangements are now, will everyone be bunking under the same roof?
.....if so I def say the lucky bastard deserves a lynching for being so damn lucky!

As far as aliens, goddess, spirits well freeloaders go Eris for me is one of the very few that I'd very much like having about
Only other person I can think of that I would like is Horo.
Old 2010-07-19, 12:00   Link #257
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
As far as aliens, goddess, spirits well freeloaders go Eris for me is one of the very few that I'd very much like having about
Only other person I can think of that I would like is Horo.
That makes sense though. After all, Eris is the intentional ambassador of her race. She might not have arrived with much fanfare, but Eris must have partly been chosen for her competence in being friendly. Sending a Tsundere instead, for example, would have been a bad idea.
Old 2010-07-19, 12:18   Link #258
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well generally put it's usually portrayed that Earth cuisine is something quite special amongst alien encounters, something I've grown to like over the years. If theres somethings we can be proud of it's our talent with food and drink
we may not have the hi-tech spaceships or super powered battle suits or death rays but we got our awesome steak and fries or pizza or roast duck
Remember when we first saw Eris? Guess what she was doing. Why, she just finish eating of course! this is about twice she was able to do a taste tester analysis already.

From that I say food had about half the itinerary to earth. Maybe her civilization has run out of recipes and so travel the galaxy in search of the worlds' finest cuisine seeing as how she is in no hurry to get the food on her ship, I'd say yeah
Old 2010-07-19, 12:27   Link #259
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Seeing as how she is in no hurry to get the food on her ship, I'd say yeah
Eris specifically mentioned in ep 1 that she hadn't eaten meat in ages. This strongly imply that the rations she packed for space travel do not contain any meat, and that she is sick of the vegan diet.

As I posted earlier, cats are meant to be carnivores. Hence how Eris is so zealous about getting protein.
Old 2010-07-19, 12:44   Link #260
mangatron

Quote:
As I posted earlier, cats are meant to be carnivores. Hence how Eris is so zealous about getting protein.
Yeah, I know. My uncle had (had... such a strong word to use now thanks to its untimely demise) a cat, and she'd do the purrin' when we're having meat for supper. One of my uncle's rules was 'kitty is not to be in the kitchen during meals'

Tags
comedy, romance, sci-fi, shounen