Mizugetsu

OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGOMGOGOMGOMGOMGOMONIUBKUSDHVFowhvf lijhBlVIKJHBL;J

wow that was so awesome i've lost the ability to type

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 01:30   Link #143
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A bunch of furry animals working as a PMC unit killing terrorists and bothersome social deviants with modern human weaponry in fairly accurate and explosive CG?

This is a series of unbridled creative genius.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 01:58   Link #144
firehawk12

How long will it be between episodes?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 06:01   Link #145
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

A guns-blazing Bunny, systematically killing Al-Qeada Camels in a hopeless desert wasteland...

That last sentence might be the biggest win of internet typing I have ever achieved...

I'm eatin' Cat$hit...
Old 2010-07-18, 06:26   Link #146
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk12 View Post
How long will it be between episodes?
Next year and a year after that and a year after...
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 06:36   Link #147
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Next year and a year after that and a year after...
... which translates to 13 years for a whole season.
Old 2010-07-18, 07:20   Link #148
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, maybe we can hope the quality improves gradually.
Old 2010-07-18, 08:27   Link #149
Darkcraft

I just saw the first episode and i have a moral problem with this animé. Cg is great etc ..im ok with this but i will say the fact this animé is technically good make it even more dangerous
Why? cause i went to the KLIK Amsterdam Animation Festival in 2008, in the Netherlands and saw exactly the same thing : a cute animal hero killing easily tons of bad and smelly uncute animals with technics coming from high tech material and intelligence/training

the problem is that it was a cartoon propaganda 1943 film from goebbels direct for german kids. it was restaured from parts found around 2005 in german archives. a good cute and intelligent fox killing lot of bad, smelly and uncute rhinoceroses (means "nose horns" in german meaning.. jews)

I find it disturbing cause i did saw the gobbels one not a long time ago at the holland animé convention. so i went to look the paper manga on the web of "cat shit one"to see if i went wrong with my first impression..there is 12 chapters on the web and its even worst than the animé..its full of racism and not only with the choice of the animals but also the sentence and thinking of one of the 3 hero ..butta who spend his time showing hate to others, treating asian allies and enemies like shit but happy to go fuck asian women
I lived a year in japan in 2003 and i know they don't have education on this at all meaning its perhaps the only country where medias, tv and politic can declare horrors with no problems and make japanese laughs. but if now its goes on comics for kids and its goes worldwide..thats a big problem..i don't know for americans but europeans will see this badly

I understand lot of guys with a bit of culture would also think about "Maus" who get problems with polland and also how he was drawing black people or La fontaine tales who used animals to ridiculise aristocracy..there is always something behing choice of animals..It can be good if you always end it with a moral/teaching like with la fontaine but it can also lead to the worst easily. and i find it leads to the worst here..no teaching at the end despise lot of troubling analogism:x heroes leaving on a sunset :x

the first episode was exactly the same as the 1943 goebbels one except the bunnies were 2..go save a cute friend kidnap by smelly and incapable uncute ones and kill them all

They should have made all animals rabbits or cute animals with differents colors and clothes
its very difficult when you use animals especially for kids material cause its the easiest way for racist and religious propaganda since reynard the fox tales..there is history precedents

its a tale in old french from alsace-lorraine floklore with text for adults and calligraphies for kids from 1175.. The tale became one of the first roman of history and was used in church art by the Catholic Church as propaganda against the Lollards(a british religious cult) and paganism where the cute and tricky fox show its ok for people to burn others for heresy

Last edited by Darkcraft; 2010-07-18 at 08:53.
Darkcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 08:49   Link #150
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkcraft View Post
I find it disturbing cause i did saw the gobbels one not a long time ago. so i went to look the paper manga on the web of "cat shit one"to see if i went wrong with my first impression..there is 12 chapters on the web and its even worst than the animé..its full of racism and not only with the choice of the animals but also the sentence and thinking of one of the 3 hero ..butta who spend his time showing hate to others, treating asian allies and enemies like shit but happy to go fuck asian women
Butta is Butta because he is realistic. That's what people did during the Vietnam war. Are you suggesting that we should revise the history to make Americans look better when there was a dark side? Racism was NUTS back then!

The animals were only used to promote sales, the author's intention was to portray accurate stories of warfare, and only did animals because no one wanted to see straight warfare. For all intent and purposes all those bad things happened. And for all intent and purposes all of what was shown in ep 1 of this animation happens too.

I also want to point out that camels are NOT inferior animals to bunnies. If you think so, then it is just racism in another form. Camels are no joke, they are valuable and culturally significant animals for many civilisations. That's why one of the rescued hostages was also a camel.
Old 2010-07-18, 08:54   Link #151
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

This was bloody epic, especially the sheer visual QUALITY and general real-life parallel.

Awesome stuff, need much more.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 09:21   Link #152
Darkcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Camels are no joke, they are valuable and culturally significant animals for many civilisations.
Yea sure ask an arab about this you will have a different answer

if you talk about middle east and arabs .. the noble animal culturally significant they are proud of is the horse.. horse origin is arab and its the animal showing status and aristocraty, militay victories etc...

camel have just a commercial value and only represents bad aspects like pretention and bad tolerance..he is even the representation of Death in litterature. camel is a tool.its for the uneducated poor guy/peasant like nomad to survive and make a way of life. the type of guy unallowed in cities
Representing them with camel is an insult.most of their insults use camels and goats like "camel face" to say asshole.;goats jokes are more sexual and about mothers

i was just talking with an algerian friend living in paris about this animé on facebook and he is full of anger and limit calling fatwa for this.. he will be ok if arabs were shown as horse, sheeps, fennecs etc.. camel and goats are the worst for him.. he just write me on my wall.."an arab football team with a camel as emblem will be the laughingstock of all middle east" "why americans aren't draws as the capitalist pigs they are?" That just show how happy he is
Old 2010-07-18, 09:27   Link #153
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Yea sure ask an arab about this you will have a different answer

if you talk about middle east and arabs .. the noble animal culturally significant they are proud of is the horse.. horse origin is arab and its the animal showing status and aristocraty, militay victories etc...

camel have just a commercial value and only represents bad aspects like pretention and bad tolerance..he is even the representation of Death in litterature. camel is a tool.its for the uneducated poor guy/peasant like nomad to survive and make a way of life. the type of guy unallowed in cities
Representing them with camel is an insult.most of their insults used camels and goats like "camel face" to say asshole.;goats jokes are more sexual and about mothers

i was just talking with an algerian friend living in paris about this animé on facebook and he is full of anger and limit calling fatwa for this.. he will be ok if arabs were shown as horse, sheeps, fennecs etc.. camel and goats are the worst for him.. he just write me on my wall.."an arab football team with a camel as emblem will be the laughingstock of all middle east" "why americans aren't draws as the capitalist pigs they are?" That just show how happy he is
The pigs are the French. Already taken. And the bunnies are a Japanese pun, Usagi.
By the way, the Japanese are monkeys. By your own rules the Japanese are insulting themselves.

Sure, horses are nice, but the point isn't to use the coolest animals. Otherwise the Americans would be eagles. You can't be biased on that.

EDIT: A Chinese fan once complained about the Chinese being drawn as pandas rather than dragons. See how we get into trouble from there? Next thing we know, it would become a ridiculous menagerie.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2010-07-18 at 09:46.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 10:20   Link #154
Darkcraft

thats why the first thing i point in my first post because of history precedent was to all draw them the same animal with different color and clothes or choose national animal emblem or cute animals for all

im not really sure korean are ok with dogs knowing their love for japanese. Same for british and rats. when there is only animals and no humans, monkeys is just the most intelligent one

for example im french and its the first time i see french despict as pigs wtf? we have roster as national emblem.and im not hurt by saxons calling me frog seing it as tasty and even a luxury food and also have no tensions with saxons..
but pig i clearly see it as racist. The only time a nation was draw as pig was polland in Maus and it have led to racism

and it comes at the worst time for france cause its how integrist muslims and young arab and african thugs insult us everyday in the streets..there are racist crimes everyday with knives, axes and japanese sabers between integrist and us these days for nothing like a cigarette, a bad look or cause your wife is pretty

actually their little game in school is to throw ham on "infidel" faces and we have scandal actually with pork interdiction everywhere and hallal affairs.
nationalism is raising and is using pork/wine as identities emblem for reunions and they could win presidence in 2 years election.The 2 directions france is taking aren't very great as you can understand. Lot more troubling than panda or dragon

we are closed to civil war in france these days cause of uneducated 15/25 years youngs arabs who act like thugs and are easy to manipulate. they like japanese mangas and will clearly be happy with this despite being unhappy with the camel thing. Ramadan is next month and the summer can become hot
Even rich guys like the soccer players of the french team was forming groups around hate and culture during 2010 world cup : muslims vs non muslims. I don't know how it have been shown to others countries but it was clearly the problem there with bad jokes, insults, interdiction of changing-room for non muslim ones when muslims were praying etc..

i don't think it will help and last time i was called pig in the street i just send two young guy in hospital..that wasn't a long time ago

Last edited by Darkcraft; 2010-07-18 at 10:41.
Old 2010-07-18, 10:46   Link #155
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
thats why the first thing i point in my first post because of history precedent was to all draw them the same animal with different color and clothes or choose national animal emblem or cute animals for all

im not really sure korean are ok with dogs knowing their love for japanese. Same for british and rats. when there is only animals and no humans, monkeys is just the most intelligent one

for example im french and its the first time i see french despict as pigs wtf? we have roster as national emblem.and im not hurt by saxons calling me frog seing it as tasty and even a luxury food and also have no tensions with saxons..
but pig i clearly see it as racist. The only time a nation was draw as pig was polland in Maus and it have led to racism

and it comes at the worst time for france cause its how integrist muslims and young arab and african thugs insult us everyday in the streets..there are racist crimes everyday with knives, axes and japanese sabers between integrist and us these days for nothing like a cigarette, a bad look or cause your wife is pretty

actually their little game in school is to throw ham on "infidel" faces and we have scandal actually with pork interdiction everywhere and hallal affairs.
nationalism is raising and is using pork/wine as identities emblem for reunions and they could win presidence in 2 years election.The 2 directions france is taking aren't very great as you can understand. Lot more troubling than panda or dragon

we are closed to civil war in france these days cause of uneducated 15/25 years youngs arabs who act like thugs and are easy to manipulate. they like japanese mangas and will clearly be happy with this despite being unhappy with the camel thing. Ramadan is next month and the summer can become hot
Even rich guys like the soccer players of the french team was forming groups around hate and culture during 2010 world cup : muslims vs non muslims. I don't know how it have been shown to others countries but it was clearly the problem there with bad jokes, insults, interdiction of changing-room for non muslim ones when muslims were praying etc..

i don't think it will help and last time i was called pig in the street i just send two young guy in hospital..that wasn't a long time ago
"Monkey" is a known western racial slur, so the fact that you say it is no big deal showed preferential interpretation. And the English Rats was a respectable reference to the Desert Rats, with the war against the Desert Fox in Africa during WWII. Also, Pigs are hell of a lot more intelligent than rabbits.

It seems you are watching this with no context of what the animals are meant. But I guess if you are willing to commit grievous bodily harm to two people just because of an insult, and be proud enough to say it, we have nothing in common.
Old 2010-07-18, 10:54   Link #156
Darkcraft

Quote:
But I guess if you are willing to commit grievous bodily harm to two people just because of an insult, and be proud enough to say it, we have nothing in common.
oh so you ll be dead or at hospital with a knife in your lung
the problem was not really the insult but the knife waving to my face and the cuts on my wristles while protecting my head . pig was just to motivate themselves they were right like to give them courage to be assholes in crusade
Old 2010-07-18, 11:04   Link #157
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Cat Shit One is not a political anime in 1st place. It is not made as propaganda as you asserted it to be. If you are so hung up with camels or pigs being bad choice then rabbits is not that great either. How come I don't see you complaining about it? Your statements reeks of anti-Americanism.

You are seeing things that don't exist in the context in the first place. If you feel it is a racist portrayal then perhaps the fault lies in you, not the show.
Old 2010-07-18, 11:12   Link #158
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
oh so you ll be dead or at hospital with a knife in your lung
the problem was not really the insult but the knife waving to my face and the cuts on my wristles while protecting my head . pig was just to motivate themselves they were right like to give them courage to be assholes in crusade
See, the thing is, people in Chinese-Asian areas LOVES pigs. I should know, I was born there. We don't have an Abrahamic deity who tells us that a particular animal in this world is somehow inferior to another. They are all just animals; it isn't even true that pigs are dirty, unless you speak about a religious interpretation.

I get my fair share of racism in Australia, trust me. But trying to see insult when there was none intended is when a line is crossed, when pride kicked in and everyone is an enemy. I should know, paranoia really sets in for me once, thinking every white guy is laughing at me when I am not looking. Are you suggesting that the author of CS1, both the manga author and the anime author, CARED about insulting the French? There isn't even a historical reason to, unless you pull the history of Japan back all the way to the colonial period!

And back to the original point; Pachy and Bota risked their lives to rescue two hostages. One of them is a rabbit and the other is a camel. They could have just abandoned the injured camel there and ran with the rabbit, which would have meant they avoided the 2nd firefight all together with no personal risk. But they CHOOSE to save both of them. In fact, that's not quite true; there wasn't a choice to be made, because both of them are people to be rescued. The fact that only one of the them is a rabbit had nothing to do with it.
Old 2010-07-18, 11:29   Link #159
Darkcraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Cat Shit One is not a political anime in 1st place. It is not made as propaganda as you asserted it to be. If you are so hung up with camels or pigs being bad choice then rabbits is not that great either. How come I don't see you complaining about it? Your statements reeks of anti-Americanism.

You are seeing things that don't exist in the context in the first place. If you feel it is a racist portrayal then perhaps the fault lies in you, not the show.
not really i state they should all be the same animal or all cute or all uncute or the end of each episode need a teaching like in la fontaine tales if differents animals are used
Saying im anti american is pretty funny cause in fact im a pro american. my grand parents were american and most of my cousins still lives in new jersey.. but see it as you want. its true i suck in english
saying it isn't political make me smile cause the goebbels animé of 43 is exactly the same scenario and the same ending with a hero in a sunset after a "good job"..but perhaps it wasn't political too..just subliminal

i said nothing bad on bunnies? oh ok my fault so but i found them cute since the first image when they moved their tails when lenghthen flat on the ground
also i have a dwarf bunny at home and i give him kisses everydays so bunny definitely wasn't a good animal for me to complain but i can understand some don't like it after reflexion
Old 2010-07-18, 11:41   Link #160
Darkcraft

Quote:
Are you suggesting that the author of CS1, both the manga author and the anime author, CARED about insulting the French? There isn't even a historical reason to, unless you pull the history of Japan back all the way to the colonial period!
not at all especially learning today this story is 20 years old reading the paper manga

i just state they were out of luck cause 2010 really wasn't the good time at all to call french pig..when it is the actual racist insult in the streets on one hand and the motto of nationalists on the other hand..its a free meal for these 2 types of dangerous guys, mostly youngs and adept of animé and games. they are transforming everything to their liking and for their idiot fight
we have murders each days and we don't know the future: nationalism, civil war etc..
We even had riots with firearms this night on this theme

it would not have been the same in 1990 when the paper manga was printed

Tags
action, animals