AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-10, 22:04   Link #1
Aquillion

So bad it's good.

There's another thread which is more "so bad it's horrible", but I was wondering what shows people have that they found so bad that it's actually fun to watch them with some friends to make fun of them.

The top one in my mind would be Psychic Academy Aura Banshou. Completely awful and generic from start to finish. All the female characters have gigantic fleshy bowling balls stuck to their chest (seriously, even for anime females it's a bit much.) Despite all that, though, the show is somehow fun to watch for a bit. The fact that it has 10-minute episodes probably helps... it avoids spending too much time on one awful thing, so at least it's generally moving. It gets genuinely so bad its horrible near the ending, though.

Anyone else have any 'suggestions' in that line?
Old 2008-11-10, 22:28   Link #2
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

The most infamous one I know would be Gundoh Musashi where the animation is so bad, it obtained cult status.

Another would be Kannazuki no Miko I guess. I heard from a friend who watched saying the series was so bad, but he couldn't stop watching because of the yuri scenes.

Oh, I just remembered Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na -Crescent Love- and its laughable cabbage scene.
Old 2008-11-10, 22:31   Link #3
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

school days - it is so bad, but the shock value makes it all up
Old 2008-11-10, 22:38   Link #4
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post

Another would be Kannazuki no Miko I guess. I heard from a friend who watched saying the series was so bad, but he couldn't stop watching because of the yuri scenes.
Thats how I felt about Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora though I still thought it was bad but I heard from some guys the shoujo-ai kept them in it.

Yu-Gi-Oh but thats a given
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2008-11-10, 23:13   Link #5
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Legend of Duo - I only saw the first of 7 7-minute episodes but that shit made me roll laughing and it surely didn't intend to.
Old 2008-11-10, 23:31   Link #6
Ash Falls Town

Marginal Prince
It's a BL series which doesn't have any actual BL. Also it's a musical and someone sings every episode. (The first episode has the guy singing in the rain) and episode 7 is the beach episode and the guys all wear tiny bathing suits. The plots slightly incohearent aswell.
Old 2008-11-11, 00:07   Link #7
brocko

Demonbane

Everything is so cheesy, cliche and overused that it's funny. Follows the typical and generic formual of guy gets magical giant robot and proceeds to save the world. And plus it doesn't hurt that the OP is pretty catchy too

The fights are by far the most enjoyable parts and did i mentioned that there's atleast one in every episode? =P

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2008-11-11 at 21:10.
Old 2008-11-11, 12:47   Link #8
Dream
working...

i vote for dragonaut
its epic failure of gonzo, but is it too horrible to be watched? questionable.
Old 2008-11-11, 17:50   Link #9
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Super Milk Chan...
Old 2008-11-11, 17:59   Link #10
jedinat

Sailor Moon - I got through 37 episodes solely on that type of entertainment value.
Old 2008-11-11, 18:07   Link #11
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
saint seiya, prince of tennis... at least for me.
Old 2008-11-11, 20:58   Link #12
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
2x2 shinobuden

opening is katchy though XD
Old 2008-11-14, 01:52   Link #13
k2000k

DNA2

So bad its good.
Old 2008-11-14, 08:20   Link #14
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, c'mon, DNA^2 is plenty good. Lots of other bad stuff out there, tho.

Old 2008-11-15, 03:20   Link #15
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream View Post
i vote for dragonaut
its epic failure of gonzo, but is it too horrible to be watched? questionable.
Although I'd agree that it's so bad that a sought of grandeur almost creeps into it, I'd still say it's so bad that it's horrible. Watching it is like listening to a thousand dogs barking inanely through a thousand endless nights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Yu-Gi-Oh but thats a given
+1, though Yu-gi-oh the abridged series definitely helps.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-11-15, 19:25   Link #16
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Ikkitousen
Air Gear
Tenge Tenjou
Kanazuki no Miko
Aquarion

All of them seemed to be interesting at first, with lots of fighting, elaborated dramatic plot and many interesting characters.... but all that is before you start watching the episodes. Illogical things will start happening one after another, stupid dialogues, unbelieable things will appear one after another that will make you think how could anyone create such a horrible thing.... you will think that maybe it's the first couple episodes that are bad and maybe it will get better later on so you sit yourself and decide to suffer few more episodes but no.... things just keep getting worse until you finish the series and end up with a crappy mood for the rest of the day >.<
Old 2008-11-15, 19:30   Link #17
Sides

Ultimate Girls?
That was so wrong and bad, but still funny to watch. But i think it was intended to be bad.
Old 2008-11-15, 19:46   Link #18
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Felt like this while watching Naruto. Someday, time went short and I somehow lost the overview. So I completely dropped it. Same for Dragon Ball and One Piece series. Very bad series, overall, but still quite addictive while being bored. Just something to kill time.
Old 2008-11-19, 03:06   Link #19
GreatTeacherKen

I generally don't believe in so bad it's good since for me, a work can only be unintentionally funny until a certain point; after that it becomes painful.

That being said, Bible Black English Dub is hilarious (Old Lady imari! and the funniest suicide attempt ever) . There's clips of it on youtube and I suppose if you like watching bad stuff to make fun of it, maybe you can rent/purchase the entire thing.
Old 2008-11-19, 03:44   Link #20
Shadow Kira01

Usually, I would drop it if it's bad IMO. However, since this is what you are specifically seeking, I will make a few suggestions:

Code Geass R2: The politics is totally messed up, but the character designs are from CLAMP which is top-notch. The Knightmare Frame designs are a good change from the usual Gundam-related mecha designs. It also comes with a large and nice seiyuu cast. On top of all this, it features an amazing soundtrack with a large variety of songs, as well as the anime itself is fully action-packed. Interesting?

Persona: Trinity Soul: It is quite a disappointment to people who had played one or more of the games due to the "under-expectations" reason. Most people who were disappointed because it did not feature cameos of the Persona 3 or Persona 4 characters, except 2 guys who don't even summon their personas at all throughout the entire series. Generally, if Persona: Trinity Soul is to be considered as a standalone anime, its awesome!

Shining Tears x Wind: The general idea is mixing the old Shining Force game series with Buso Renkin or TOKKO. The only weapon people can wield is the ones pulled out from the soul of comrades, male or female. It is usually in the form of a sword. The story picks up from where it ended in the ps2 game "Shining Tears", featuring a new protagonist.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: It is very painful to watch the first episode, because it is totally boring and almost purely nonsense. Or rather to say, it started off in the middle of nowhere and was totally confusing. You got to watch it to have a better understanding. However, starting from the second episode and onwards, its a great anime!!!
Closed Thread