AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 47 26.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 69 39.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 45 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 5.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.14%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-19, 14:11   Link #241
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcannis View Post
As for Galatea having the exact same power as Clare (and Theresa), I don't think so. If she did, wouldn't she be higher than 3? From the way Irena explained how it all worked, it sounded like that really was Theresa's only major ability and that it was more than sufficient to make her #1, with her high yoki level just being icing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes and no. Her gimmick was her reading of yoki to predict moves. But she also had 99% of Irene's speed, 99% of Noelle's agility, and 99% of Sophia's strength. It's all that that gave her the Number 1 spot.

I agree that Galatea's ability work in different ways, though.
Well, it is similar at least. Teresa though, was obviously offensive whereas Galatea is defensive, making her weaker as a fighter.

Let's also not forget that we don't know the abilities of the current no.1 and 2 yet. They might be rather devastating.
Old 2007-07-19, 14:16   Link #242
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Do you have a link? I am on a few other forum and i don't see anyone having a problem with Mizuki Nana. If fact more then a few mention she did a pretty good job as Riful. Only compliants were about the animation.

PS. this is the forum over at AnimeOnDVD
Will try my best, but have to wait a bit....
sorry in advance
Old 2007-07-19, 14:18   Link #243
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Hmmmmm,

Mizuki Nana has been given really crappy roles before RIful so her talent cannot be assessed fully. In this anime however, she did a good job, Riful sounds exactly what I imagine her to be, a slightly husky but high pitch loli-sque voice. Not to the point of cutesy high pitch that I found annoying though.

I suspected that our bethrens in Rising Sun expecting a voice similar to 2 X 2 Shinobu Ninja girl since it was done by same VA. Which a school girl, high pitchy and cutesy turn on/moe voice.

Unfortunately, that will ruin Riful as she is not that kind of caliber. She is different and darker undertones is required in order to give an idea what she is really about inside.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 2007-07-19, 14:29   Link #244
Riful
Of The West

I also felt that Riful's voice was spot on. When reading the manga I imagined her just like that, she is talking with a lot of emotion, but never really loud which reflects her "status". I don't understand what you mean by Mizuki uses the "same tone" all the time. She expresses the different emotions for sure (as Mentar listed them before), but she doesn't raise her voice much and I think she did a good job with that.
How do you think her voice should have sounded? I don't see what you mean by "bored". Who would have been a better choice? I really can't imagine

chucky: I do agree with the rest of your criticism though, especially the character's faces and I have enjoyed the manga much more.

PS: I'm actually not happy with Kotono Mitsuishi as Jean, eventhough I was looking forward to the Sailor Moon reunion, she is using a quite boring standard voice for Jean.
Old 2007-07-19, 14:55   Link #245
Ronny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riful View Post
PS: I'm actually not happy with Kotono Mitsuishi as Jean, eventhough I was looking forward to the Sailor Moon reunion, she is using a quite boring standard voice for Jean.
Well, she only has had 1 short line where she wasn't in pain.. so maybe as Awakened Being the next episode, it'll be more to your liking.

I personally find her performance pretty strong so far though, although I'm slightly biased.
Old 2007-07-19, 14:59   Link #246
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I've suggested before that Yukana might make a good Riful. But my disappointment was mitigated with what I think was a superb job by Nana Mizuki. To paraphrase Ahiru no Ah-kun's hilarious shameless admission, "My body's loli engergy is reaching the maximum state now!"
Old 2007-07-19, 15:57   Link #247
ArmisaelXVIII

I don't know much about seiyuu. I only pay attention to the voice, not the names, sometimes I can recognize the same voices, but some change the voice too much it seems completely different.

Whatever, I liked Riful's voice. I matched her perfectly to me.
Old 2007-07-19, 16:15   Link #248
Key Board
Carbon

ehh..

from what I've seen nico nico douga likes mizuki nana as riful

I DONT see any prevalent complains on the main Claymore thread on 2ch either

perhaps someone wandered into an anti thread, which well.. is designed for whining

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-07-19 at 16:26.
Old 2007-07-19, 16:31   Link #249
B-day
Yokomo driver

So far, the animation and voice dubbing have been great. I like the manga, but I like the anime even more, can't say the same thing for many other manga adaptation. Look at the poll, many members of this forum enjoy this episode. Check eclipse, the number of download is quite impressive.
Old 2007-07-19, 16:41   Link #250
v1cious

does anyone else think Priscilla will end up taking up over the east region? that's what the conversation seemed to be alluding to. that or the guy in the north will get killed by Clare.
Old 2007-07-19, 16:44   Link #251
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
does anyone else think Priscilla will end up taking up over the east region? that's what the conversation seemed to be alluding to. that or the guy in the north will get killed by Clare.
Why would Priscilla take over the east region?

If she were, there would be no reason for the guy in the north to pick fights with the south and west regions.

Clare has a long way to go before even thinking about being able to kill an Abyssal One.
Old 2007-07-19, 17:04   Link #252
Seska

No Clare was talking about, to kill the Girl of this Guy in the North...

In this scene, we saw the true inner Anger of Clare's Heart. She gone Rampage without noticed it... "For my Quicksword/Flashsword you must be inner calm, too. But you are just Calm outside, and inside your heart is a fire burning"... Gist of Irene's talk...
Old 2007-07-19, 17:58   Link #253
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Sorry but I dont think you get the point here right.... no one is obliged to care about the other's feeling toward the works, nor should you care about how I feel toward Claymore in the first place. I am talking about arguments.
Exactly - and what argument is that certain people on certain other forum do not like something or someone? Why should this be relevant on this forum? As for being obliged to agree with the mass opinion, I was obviously exaggerating and making fun of your 2ch argument, of course it doesn't oblige anyone to agree but it's kind of redundant as everyone and everything has its detractors, seiyuus not excluded.

Old 2007-07-19, 18:36   Link #254
silverstri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Yeah it appears Clare's face is used in road work maintenance a lot lately.

Beautiful episode I really loved how they animated Galatea's yoki manipulating skill. In the manga you only see (in Viz version) some sound effects 'tingle, tingle' when she does her stuff. Seeing it animated really makes it even more awesome.

And seeing Miss Claymore in action is always a win
I also really like the VA for Riful she does a hell of a job. Gah... can't wait for next week lol
Yeah if i read the manga i couldn't understand how she manipulates that yoki thing, dont understand at all . After watching the anime now i understand...
Old 2007-07-19, 18:41   Link #255
silverstri

i wonder who are the three strongest AB?
i know the one in the middle is Riful, (as in anime) but who are the other two? I dont see any one-horned creature (Priscilla) there?? Isnt she suppose to be the strongest??
Old 2007-07-19, 18:49   Link #256
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstri View Post
i know the one in the middle is Riful, (as in anime) but who are the other two? I dont see any one-horned creature (Priscilla) there?? Isnt she suppose to be the strongest??
Wait for 2 more episodes and you will be answered. If you impatient, check out the spoilerish Japanese manga discussion of Claymore.
Old 2007-07-19, 18:52   Link #257
Gavrielo

People can whine and nit pick all they want, but they can't argue that MADHOUSE has done a good job. TBH it gets on my nerves that people have to nit pick, why can't they just be content with the interpretation. It's not like your nit picking is gonna make MADHOUSE change their style, their a japanese studio, they probably can't even read english.

I can't wait for the next episode ^_^. This epi has just made me want more!!!!
Old 2007-07-19, 18:53   Link #258
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

pfft if they assemble all 47 claymores...they're bound to fricking kill priscialla or the other former #1 ranked claymores
Old 2007-07-19, 18:53   Link #259
B-day
Yokomo driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstri View Post
You know we can't answer these kind of thing on this thread.
Old 2007-07-19, 18:54   Link #260
Gavrielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
pfft if they assemble all 47 claymores...they're bound to fricking kill priscialla or the other former #1 ranked claymores
What about the places they are guarding...what about the peoples lives that will die in the hands of the yoma in that place they were guarding...
Closed Thread