AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your fav type of anime/manga? (MULTIPLE CHOICE)
Mecha 97 25.06%
Shonen 119 30.75%
Shojo 91 23.51%
Comedy 237 61.24%
Action 170 43.93%
Adventure 140 36.18%
Drama 152 39.28%
Romance 195 50.39%
Fantasy 145 37.47%
Sci-Fi 114 29.46%
Sports 25 6.46%
Harem 77 19.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 387. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-06-09, 22:48   Link #81
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

I don't have a favorite genre really...if the anime is well made, so be it. Most aren't because they have emo teen protags.
Old 2007-06-10, 22:38   Link #82
oi_pinoy

Harem, Shoujo, Adventure, Comedy! Yay!

Spoiler for question?!:
oi_pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-12, 11:29   Link #83
Reno

Send a message via MSN to Reno
Damn it was hard to decide. I like anime that have a big emotional impact on me... I think fantasy does that best. So, yeah, I chose fantasy.
Reno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-14, 15:02   Link #84
Asken

Have trouble to deside too. I like everything! But I guess right now, it leans towards shoujo, romance and comedy!
Asken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-16, 06:43   Link #85
Tatsumiko
*Artist

Hmmm...(looks at choices)...man..I guess Ill just have to think about it first.
Tatsumiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 21:18   Link #86
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

What is your favorite genre and most hated genre?

My favorite mech and robots, since I was young I fell in love with watching robot anime and with SRW I began to fell in love with more of mech and robot genre. And some of the greatest anime I saw was mech Gaogaigar, Gunbuster, and Gundam.

My most hated is harem and slice of life, harem are just predictable and it is just too boring to watch. Slice of life for some reason I just can't watch this type of anime, when I try to watch it I am thinking "is this almost over yet?, wth it's not even half way there!"
Old 2007-08-28, 21:31   Link #87
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

It depends on really on the show...
Like for Mecha. Some are great, some are just bad, and some are overhyped
Like Ggundam was just terrible...Some power Rangers type thing. While 08th MS team really is the best series out there. And Zeta for instance...Its good but it isnt the best.

And its like for the school life comedies...Azumanga Daioh was fantastic while lucky star was pretty much just junk with mindless moe fanservice. But if I do say anything...I would agree with the with Harem. Stuff like Negima, Love Hina, etc...Just are boring. Occasionally something great comes along like Shuffle!. *Also thinks Ouran is the greatest hehe* But outside of that....so much meh.

My favorite now...Probably just the Action/Comedy. Most of the time its always going to be solid. OverDrive, Gurren, And (I forgot the other im watching lol)
Old 2007-08-28, 21:54   Link #88
Oppius
Banned

The genre I dislike most is bishounen.Don't get me wrong I do agree some are good like Gensomaden Saiyuki and Trinity Blood.Those animes had both handsome and manly men.Not like today's bishounen anime like Fruits Basket and Ouran.For me those guys seen in those anime are like "women with p0n0ses".In other word,they are women inside men's body.

I also dislike "reverse harem" for similiar reason.I dunno it become fad but for me it bores me to tears,no matter how funny they are.This genre also killing "traditional harem" genre.Sayonara Zetsubō Sensei is the latest "traditional harem" anime which still stick this formula,if I can treat it same other harem genre.

I don't care what genre I like but so far is shoujo-ai like Maria-sama ga Miteru and Strawberry Panic and short shounen like Air Gear and Law of Ueki.Very long shounen like Naruto,Bleach and One Piece bores me.I think those will never end until doomsday.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 21:59   Link #89
anselfir
Style Über Alles

anything that is relaxing and fun. i watch animu only for giggles and the occasional divine level girl, but tose are rare and i dont really get attached. everything else is judged from a scale of silliness, with generally action and mystical shows getting the hammer.

for a genre, gotta say space opera a la crest of the stars/logh
Old 2007-08-28, 22:09   Link #90
TheMP3000
You got to envy this guy.

Send a message via AIM to TheMP3000 Send a message via MSN to TheMP3000
My favorite genres are comedy, mecha, psychological, suspense/thriller and horror.
I can always enjoy a Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Giant Robo, Death Note, Lucky Star, Code Geass, Gurren-Lagann... the list goes on.

My least favorites are shounen, fighting, harem, romance and sports.
I can never enjoy a Bleach, Naruto, Dragonball Z, Negima, Prince of Tennis, Hajime no Ippo... the list goes on.
TheMP3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 22:29   Link #91
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
My favourite genres, huh? I like a mix of action, drama, and emotion. I guess it's not surprising that most of my favourite shows have excessive amounts of that. Slice-of-life is fun once in a while (see: Azumanga Daioh), but few really leave a lasting impression. Really, I like almost everything besides cyberpunk sci-fi, which generally has too much philosophical crap for me.

My favourite demographic is seinen, though. Shoujo is alright, I'm not ashamed to admit some of my favourite shows of the past few years are shoujo...and then shounen is generally hit-or-miss, depending on the genre of shounen I guess.
Old 2007-08-29, 01:22   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well let me start by saying I like whatever's GOOD...I have found GOODness in almost every genre of anime I've watched so while I do have a very particular taste, if something is GOOD I'll acknowledge it as such regardless of genre...

As for my favorite genres it will have to be shonen-fighter and mecha...Yeah BIG SURPRISE, lol...Something about young men with vastly creative abilities fighting one another in a symbolic collision of Good vs. Evil that captures me...Equally the ecstasy of incredible Mobile Suits fighting and representing the ideals and dreams of society, when done right there's nothing like it...Char zipping around from a respectable distance in his Red Zaku peeping game on RX-78's latent abilities is heaven to me...Yusuke Urameshi approaching Shinobu Sensui for the first time saying "Greetings Senpai" as the Dark Angel grins in enjoyment over who will deliver the first blow...It's the stuff of legends...

I just can't get enuff of these complex but simple boyish desires to want to be that pilot or that cool character design with an ability that shatters all perception...These are just fun genre's where boys can come of age over and over and over again (and I'm that boy)...With ever new tale there is a familiar excitement that never dies...

As for my least favorite genres I'd have to go with heavily based gore/bloodfest and super cutesy moe-girl anime...I'm much more into expressive kinds of anime so I'd rather see an artistic visual element that lets me know somebody's arm got sliced off than seeing 30 pints of blood drip from somebody's arm being sliced off...Stuff like Blood+ can stay on the back burner, however more creative titles like Claymore and Fist of the North Star despite the gore I can still enjoy...However I seldom seek out these titles as much as they are suggested to me...

Finally Cutesy Girl Moe Titles...Don't get them, try not to watch them and honestly I sometimes feel weird watching them...Almost like it's not right^^...I do understand the appeal I guess but to watch a full series of these little girls do super cute, super mean or God forbid super-sexy things in a "slice of life" everyday manner just doesn't do the job for me...Gimme grown looking female character ecchi fanservice titles instead...
Old 2007-08-29, 01:40   Link #93
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
While I do agree with many other people in this thread that there are good titles within most genres I watch, some stand out still. Based on my top ten in my signature, I'm not too fond of action. I will say that my two favorite genres are Romance and Drama, since they usually go together so well. In my top ten, only Haibane Renmei doesn't have a significant romantic (sub)plot.

I really hate mecha, because I just don't like watching machines fight period. I know that some have good plots, but it still turns me off when they go inside machines and start shooting everyone. I only love one mecha, and that is SaiKano, and I like two more, Eureka Seven and Fullmetal Panic. Others I either didn't watch because I don't want to or I just hate. I also hate romance. I know, I love romance, but only when it's done right. Romance that is repetitive and cheesy usually makes the anime that much worse and makes me turn it off. I also don't like the concept of harems, except the crucial exceptions of Elfen Lied and Love Hina. Another exception is in my signature, Riviera, the game. It features cute characters but the harem itself isn't the main focus of the game so it's just innocent and cute.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 01:46   Link #94
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Hmm... well, I'm pretty open with anime genres, so I won't try out an anime just cuz it's from a certain genre. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a more serious anime, sometimes I want to watch just for laughs.

My favourite genre probably is romance-comedy (rabukome). Not necessarily harem anime, shoujo is fine too, so long as there's a decent character/plot development and a triggering of emotions (both tears and laughter).

My least favourite genre is mecha and those adventure/action series that just drag on for forever. Most of them end up being the same thing over and over (I guess the same could be said for other genres as well). I also think that excessive blood/gore and also fanservice detracts from the quality of the anime. There are exceptions though and sometimes I do feel like watching it just for laughs, but overall that's what I feel.

On the note of slice of life anime or harem anime, I usually watch them for fun and to wait for the next appearance of my favourite characters lol
Old 2007-08-29, 09:27   Link #95
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
My favorite genre is shoujo but I will watch ANYTHING.
Mecha's a bit of a turn-off but I won't dismiss a series because of that.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:20   Link #96
Seishi
Kholdy's Slave

Send a message via AIM to Seishi Send a message via MSN to Seishi Send a message via Yahoo to Seishi
Romantic comedy in general, anime or not, is usually a turn-off for me. Especially in anime, when the main guy is depicated as a complete and utter incompetent fool, and the main girl is usually a total bitch (then they need 20+ eps to find out that they really don't hate each other).

Seinen is really the best, even though it's technically not a "genre." Neither are shoujo and shounen. As for the poll, I voted Adventure, because when done right it's usually the best. i.e. Scrapped Princess, Bleach, The Twelve Kingdoms. Of course, adventure in anime usually accompanies fantasy!
Old 2007-08-29, 10:35   Link #97
kandidasama
Serial mouse killer

Actually i dislike Harem anime, but I have to give credit to shuffle's studio.
kandidasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 11:39   Link #98
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

comody - its what animation dose best
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 12:34   Link #99
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Comedy, action, romance, drama