AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-09-22, 10:37   Link #201
Rezard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodok_balls View Post
and we already know that jiraiya was almost killed by the 4 tails naruto. so, imagine how massive is the power of nine tailed kyubi. ANd the 4th is the one who handled kyubi. I mean....he is indeed the greatest or else... one of the greatest ever.
..but Jiraiya wasnt trying to kill four tails Naruto, he was trying to bring Naruto back to reason. I don't think this the right fight to measure Jiraiya´s power.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 10:40   Link #202
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Everyone evil is from Konoha it seems.
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 11:55   Link #203
mayhem

power corrupts ect ect, you know how the saying goes.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 11:57   Link #204
JackBNimble

k i dont think pein is the 4th but this could have happned...

in order to seal the 9 tails, he somehow became evil, and then flead to the rain village . like taking some of the deamon chakara
JackBNimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 12:02   Link #205
mayhem

hmm, that indeed is an interesting theory but best wait two or three chapters or after ibki gets the frog... likely some explanation will be given then.

But from what i gathered roughly and quick, was that the darker half was put forth onto the scroll.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 12:09   Link #206
cani
That´s my way of ninja

what if pain is hanzou?cause pain obviously knows jiraiya...
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 12:26   Link #207
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

If Pein and Konan were both on Yondiame's team under jiraiyi I wonder if Pein ever took Yondiame on one-on-one, and if he did, I wonder if Konan's words are true that he "never lost a fight". Pein not losing, even to the all-powerful Yondiame, is a scary thing.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 12:29   Link #208
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
hmm, that indeed is an interesting theory but best wait two or three chapters or after ibki gets the frog... likely some explanation will be given then.

But from what i gathered roughly and quick, was that the darker half was put forth onto the scroll.

I think people need to get in thier head that Yin/Yang doesn't mean good and evil. Yin/Yang represents the balance of the world and human body. It is neither good or evil. It just is.
Old 2007-09-22, 12:42   Link #209
Monkey D. Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
If Pein and Konan were both on Yondiame's team under jiraiyi I wonder if Pein ever took Yondiame on one-on-one, and if he did, I wonder if Konan's words are true that he "never lost a fight". Pein not losing, even to the all-powerful Yondiame, is a scary thing.
If it is the kid on Yondaime's team that many people are claiming that he might be, maybe Konan was refrencing to him not losing a fight after he took on that Pein persona.

Now that we know Pein can change bodies it's probable that he isn't relared to Naruto or Minato since the whole thing driving that idea was how he looked and well it seems he can change. Now he looks strangely similar to Deidara, he must have an ability or jutsu having to do something with the bodies of people who have passed on. Anyway this next chapter should be intresting seeing how both Konan and Jiraiya react to this little reunion.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 13:17   Link #210
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

It is interesting that Jiraiya knows only the childhood of Konan. If Konan was part of Konoha when Minato was still around, Jiraiya would have known about her. So, if she was a Konoha ninja, I wonder what happened to make her leave Konoha.

There is always the possibility that Konan might be somehow related to Naruto's mother. Something like a trainee ninja from a friendly country (something like exchange students, it looks strange, but it wont be the first time something like that happens), a country where Naruto's mother resides (or maybe another friendly country).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 13:33   Link #211
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I have come to the conclusion that Jiraiya wins. I want Jiraiya to live about as much I want Orohime(bleach) to die.

I always tend to <3 characters who are famous. :3

Sorry for being random. Just wanted to express some love for Jiraiya.

On another note. I'm now thinking that Sasuke will meet Naruto's group before he will get to Itachi. The question is will it be a short reunion or a long one?
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 14:55   Link #212
hidantheimmortal
Sand's Kazekage

Send a message via AIM to hidantheimmortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by carb View Post
but its weird that pain refered to jiraiya as "sensei".. you dont refer to some1 as sensei unless you've worked with that person closely.

but it seems like pain doesn't have any liking to meet his "sensei" as seen by his order to konan
Maybe because he is Yondaime?
I don't really now but it seems to be that everybodys old theory of the leader(before he was revealed) to be Yondaime may be the case here...Now Naruto is getting interesting.
hidantheimmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 15:15   Link #213
Katsumara
The cake eater.

Man I don't know. All I know about Naruto is this manga is REALLY interesting. It has me on the edge of my seat. I loved the revalations of Konan, Jiraiya, and Pein knowing eachother somehow. Seems like Jiraiya knew Konan before she became a rouge ninja. Can't wait to see all that revealed.
Old 2007-09-22, 15:43   Link #214
X_Danny_X

what did tobi mean about Sasuke becoming a Hawk? does this mean that he will surpass Itachi since the Hawk is a more powerful/dangerous bird compared to a Crow. Or could it be some sort of symbol?
Old 2007-09-22, 15:53   Link #215
vision55

If Yondaime turns out to be Pain...I feel it is a cop out by Kishi....I would prolly accept if he is just using the 4ths body but if Pain = Yondaime COP out...

Last edited by vision55; 2007-09-22 at 15:54. Reason: wrong word.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 16:48   Link #216
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
what did tobi mean about Sasuke becoming a Hawk? does this mean that he will surpass Itachi since the Hawk is a more powerful/dangerous bird compared to a Crow. Or could it be some sort of symbol?
It doesn't have anything to do with Itachi. It's about the predator/prey relationship between snakes and hawks.

Sasuke used the same analogy during his fight with Orochimaru.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 16:51   Link #217
kauldron26
Med Student

is anyone else as happy as i am that it seems naruto's story is finally seeming to come to an end?? every chapter lately is literally bursting with twists and revelations... i can see naruto ending in six months to a year... or sooner??
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 16:55   Link #218
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Who said it will end even if the current arc ends?

The manga only touch on a a few part of the World Naruto is in. We havn't even heard anything form the Rock or the Cloud country.

Once the current arc ends, kishsi could start another arc with no problems.

Naruto Z, Naruto GT, etc.
Old 2007-09-22, 17:14   Link #219
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by X_Danny_X View Post
It doesn't have anything to do with Itachi. It's about the predator/prey relationship between snakes and hawks.

Sasuke used the same analogy during his fight with Orochimaru.
I think it may have something to do with the Uchiha's power. And yes, snakes are commonly known as predators but to the Hawk, a superior predator, they are prey.
Old 2007-09-22, 19:34   Link #220
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
If Yondaime turns out to be Pain...I feel it is a cop out by Kishi....I would prolly accept if he is just using the 4ths body but if Pain = Yondaime COP out...
It would be a cheap plot device to link character histories.

I would not put it beyond Kishimoto to do it though, there's been lame writing in the past before.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote