AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-04, 05:57   Link #141
FireChick

YES!!! Cool! I wanna preorder the DVD but I don't think my parents would let me since it's gonna be Christmas and all.
Old 2007-12-05, 07:44   Link #142
nuaythebest

Ahh finally the 3D view of box has been revealed.

Also the cover for volume 3 which is the same one that was used in R2. Since R1 has only 6 discs I wonder which cover from R2 will be missing. Personally I think it would be volume 5(mai's freind and 7(a mom). I believe R1 volume 6 will use the same cover from R2 volume 8.

Old 2007-12-05, 19:17   Link #143
FireChick

Cool! Volume 3 looks cute! I bet it'll have the rest of Makoto's arc in it.
Old 2007-12-06, 03:47   Link #144
Robotnik
Not a member

Exclamation Kanon dubbed trailer is available at ADV site!

Go here and browse the "Coming Soon" section.

Edit:
OK, so it's just Ayu's "dream" intro right now, no other dubbed voices.

And lol, did the voiceover guy just mispronounce "Haruhi"?

Last edited by Robotnik; 2007-12-06 at 04:18.
Old 2007-12-07, 03:51   Link #145
xris
Just call me Ojisan

A new thread for The dubbing of Kanon has now been created so please continue any further discussion on the English dub in that thread
Old 2007-12-14, 12:30   Link #146
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Wooo. Just received the shipping confirmation from DVDPacific for Volume 1 of Kanon.

The release date is the 1st Jan 2008 so there may be a chance I'll get it before Christmas. A number of on-line stores ship DVDs a couple of weeks before the release date (the logic is that you therefore receive it at about the official release date) and DVDPacific do this regularly when you pre-order.
Old 2007-12-15, 12:47   Link #147
Asrialys

Ugh, so not cool. I praised monthly releases when AIR started, but now I'm just feeling so left out because of them. LOL I'm so broke right now. And all those Geneon DVDs...
Old 2007-12-17, 16:20   Link #148
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah, the stock of Karin at DVD Pacific is now down to zero... and they dropped my backorder of Karin volume 4. <sigh>

Got Kanon 1 on pre-order there as well.... yay....
Old 2008-01-28, 22:49   Link #149
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
I got my Volume 2 and the art box in the mail today, so I thought I'd share the art here for any interested:

They're somewhat lower resolution to spare my bandwidth, but if someone wants high resolution shots, I do have them on this computer and can upload them.

Last edited by xris; 2008-01-29 at 04:17. Reason: Changed img tags to url tags. Please use thumbnails instead of huge images
Old 2008-01-31, 14:43   Link #150
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
I got my Volume 2 and the art box in the mail today, so I thought I'd share the art here for any interested:

They're somewhat lower resolution to spare my bandwidth, but if someone wants high resolution shots, I do have them on this computer and can upload them.
How did you get Vol. 2 when it's not scheduled for release until Feb. 12th? Just curious, but I really wanna know.
Old 2008-01-31, 19:59   Link #151
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
I preordered from RightStuf and they sent it out late last week. That's all there is to it, though I still don't have volume one and I preordered that from ADV itself in November. (and I can't get their customer service to give me answers...or a refund so I can get it elsewhere)
Old 2008-02-01, 14:15   Link #152
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRMN View Post
I preordered from RightStuf and they sent it out late last week. That's all there is to it, though I still don't have volume one and I preordered that from ADV itself in November. (and I can't get their customer service to give me answers...or a refund so I can get it elsewhere)

That would be because ADV pulled Kanon from their list of Titles on Jan. 30th. I don't know what is going on, but it was listed on ANN's site. You can see it at the link below.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...website-update
Old 2008-02-01, 14:20   Link #153
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
We're thinking they did it due to their Blu-Ray announcement. It's entirely possible they wanted to keep it hushed and rework the site, and freaked people out by not saying anything like, "Don't worry, just something big coming."

In other words, an announcement that went the wrong way.
Old 2008-02-05, 11:40   Link #154
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's what we're HOPING at least. The Blu-Ray *mumble* (I'd hardly call it an announcement) may also just be diversionary.

I'm sitting here with an unfinished Karin series and now quite possibly an unfinished Kanon series. It doesn't make me really excited about purchasing any more series. Unreliability will kill the R1 anime industry a lot faster than any copyright issues.
Old 2008-02-12, 22:22   Link #155
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Well, I guess ADV did delay some discs, Amazon lists Kanon volume 2 as "usually ships in 1 to 3 weeks" and Anime Corner Store lists it as "Release DELAYED New Date TBA". It's interesting that some people have gotten their copy, I ordered my vol. 2 from Amazon so seems like I'm going to have to wait a while...
Old 2008-02-13, 23:28   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My Kanon vol 2 is now officially "backordered" (as is vol 3 is even before street date) on my DVDpacific account.

It does not bode well for Kanon, Karin, nor Gurren-Lagann..... (3 series I'm pre-ordered on)
Old 2008-02-14, 06:16   Link #157
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Yep, Amazon just sent me the dreaded "Regarding your recent order..." email, just when I was hoping for the "your order has been shipped" one. SO pissed. I was watching the Kanon page there to make sure that nothing changed wrt the ship date, and sure enough now it's 1-3 weeks

Shoot, after reading about the ADV troubles at ANN I was hoping to at least get the box before they started "delaying" their releases, but now, who knows. I emailed Amazon asking them to explain to me whether the DVD was actually going to be SHIPPED or whether this was just a delaying tactic because they didn't have a clue. (In the past I've gotten these from them, and usually it's followed up by another delay email, then finally getting a "We're sorry, but this product will not be available", after keeping my hopes up for months.)

I got a reply mealy-mouthing it that totally danced around my question, explaining why a product takes 1-3 weeks. THAT'S NOT WHAT I ASKED!!! I don't care if I have to wait, as long as I KNOW it's going to come. So I wrote back gently explaining that I wanted confirmation that they would have the actual product to SHIP in 1-3 weeks; still waiting for an answer. I also emailed ADV, but not expecting much from them since I'm sure a LOT of customers are flooding them. But it's a pretty shitty way to treat fans of the series they pulled.

Now I've not only got incomplete boxes of Rozen Maiden AND Higurashi, but now not even a Kanon box to be incomplete! Just having the box would have lessened the sting, as I'm holding out hope that this series will be completed eventually.

Man, these companies are REALLY pissing me off

Off to RightStuf to see what they say *grumble*

(EDIT: Nope, now RightStuf says "on order from manufacturer". Yeah. Good luck with that.)

Last edited by Ahasuerus; 2008-02-14 at 06:20. Reason: updated info
Old 2008-02-14, 10:00   Link #158
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
My pre-order on DVDEmpire lists the same thing; Out of Stock and On Order. For me, volume 1 all over again. Volume 3 still has the normal street date, though if the rest of you are any indication, they just didn't bother to change it and it's also delayed.
Old 2008-02-14, 11:45   Link #159
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

That's standard Amazon routine -- fact is, they often don't have stock on hand. They play a "just in time" game. When they can't immediately find it, those emails are intended to delay you from seeking the product elsewhere. I lost out on a couple of limited edition items due to them before I realized that their inventory DID NOT match what they were offering nor that their "pre-orders" actually meant they'd reserved anything.

DVDPacific pissed me off a bit with Karin. They just quietly removed the pre-order note without an explanatory email or anything.

Yeah, I'm writing ADV. These shenanigans are hurting the entire industry. It makes me much less inclined to buy into a series unless its in Perfect Collection format or some other totality. (rest of rant about industry business model errors deleted)
Old 2008-02-14, 19:43   Link #160
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
That's standard Amazon routine -- fact is, they often don't have stock on hand. They play a "just in time" game. When they can't immediately find it, those emails are intended to delay you from seeking the product elsewhere. I lost out on a couple of limited edition items due to them before I realized that their inventory DID NOT match what they were offering nor that their "pre-orders" actually meant they'd reserved anything.

DVDPacific pissed me off a bit with Karin. They just quietly removed the pre-order note without an explanatory email or anything.

Yeah, I'm writing ADV. These shenanigans are hurting the entire industry. It makes me much less inclined to buy into a series unless its in Perfect Collection format or some other totality. (rest of rant about industry business model errors deleted)
LOL! I think that I've been ranting about that same issue lately I'm sure I agree with it 100% as I do your last paragraph. Kanon's my fave though so I'm making an exception (and being damn stubborn about it ). I JUST WANT THE BOX!!! They can delay the other DVDs if it's so damn necessary, but they MUST have manufactured the boxes already... (stifle it... stifle it )

I've experienced the same thing with Amazon, so I sent off an email asking clarification, and WHY I wanted clarification. In no uncertain terms, you might say

In the meantime, around 4AM I found a place called "Deep Discount" in the Midwest, and they showed it "in stock"! But I wanted definite confirmation before ordering so I sent THEM an email saying I would buy it immediately, but only after they VERIFY that it is in stock AND that it was actually the collector's box edition. I was really hoping to be able to come back here and steer everyone to their store.

In the meantime I read the reviews of their customers on Pricegrabber (I think). I found that while 95% were very postive, the other 5% complained about the very same issues as with Amazon. So my hopes were not high. But they were the only alternative I found.

Surprise surprise, I got an email from them around 6AM saying more or less "sorry, it's actually not in stock, but our expected date of arrival is 2/23". So, points to them for at least being honest (and fast). Finally gave up and went to bed, defeated.

Around eleven this morning (yes, after 5 hours of sleep LOL) Amazon called! Groggy as hell, I tried to explain the situation: "Yes, I understand that it won't ship for 1-3 weeks. That's fine. I just would like you to VERIFY that you'll be GETTING it to ship in 1-3 weeks. Can you guarantee me that?"

I felt sorry for the guy He hemmed and hawed and I could tell he was trying to hew to the Party Line. Yes, as far as he could tell, the product is only delayed. So... we'll see. (Again.)

As for ADV, still haven't heard from them. Is it so damn hard to be honest with your customers? Jeez.

(Another rant ommitted out of Mercy )

Good luck to everyone waiting for this item, and I'm VERY JEALOUS of the lucky RightStuf-ers who actually got one But good on ya anyway; you = FTW!!!

I'm sure glad I held onto the .avis. Way to discourage fansubbing, ADV

Peace.
Closed Thread