4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-14, 04:33   Link #581
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This meeting will end like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker's duel in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Come on. The episode ends with Charles pretty much making Lelouch an offer. An offer or "redemption." He wants Lelouch to join him. Bwahahah! Crazy old coot!
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 04:37   Link #582
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
This meeting will end like Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker's duel in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Come on. The episode ends with Charles pretty much making Lelouch an offer. An offer or "redemption." He wants Lelouch to join him. Bwahahah! Crazy old coot!
Hmm but is the good old Charles just an crazy old coot or is he one of the most daring examples of playing the Xanatos Gambit. Or perhaps both.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 04:44   Link #583
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Hmm but is the good old Charles just an crazy old coot or is he one of the most daring examples of playing the Xanatos Gambit. Or perhaps both.
Both, duh. All evil geniuses are CRAZY! Bwahahahahahah!
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 04:50   Link #584
Weird D
Just existing...

Well, judging from this episode, things are going to move quite fast now, and many important events have been set in motion :
Suzaku reaching an all-time low and losing all redeeming qualities he had
Kallen learning the truth about Nunnaly and Lelouch, and being a soon-to-be drug addict, which might lead to her being forced to fight for Brittania
Cornelia possibly finding some common ground with Lelouch
Rolo's weakness being revealed, and him being marked as a sacrifice (Lelouch deserves an Award for acting though)
Charles and Lelouch's reunion, and possibly some incoming info about C.C, Marianne, and Geass
Disaccord within the Black Knights (which shows Zero's the only thing keeping the order together)
A reunion between Ougi and Viletta, and I wonder if Sayoko will pull a Rolo and kill them to protect Lelouch
Orange-kun! (Geez, I've read fanfics where Jeremiah pledges loyalty to Lelouch, but seeing it in the actual show really blew me down)

The more this is going, the more I'm leaning toward an ending where almost every primary character dies, except for a select few. Lelouch destroys the world, and Nunnaly has to rebuild it...
Weird D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:04   Link #585
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Im going for a brilliant Xanatos Gambit.

It would be a major turn-down if Charles was just crazy. Trying to kill the gods and feeding his rubber chickens and all that.

I'm wondering who these gods are by the way.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:05   Link #586
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Every time the OotBK's are close to victory, their leader Zero goes off an a tangent of personal vendetta.

He has only done that for Nunnally, now he is doing it for Shirley. It goes to show how much she meant to him.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:10   Link #587
Deathscyther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Every time the OotBK's are close to victory, their leader Zero goes off an a tangent of personal vendetta.

He has only done that for Nunnally, now he is doing it for Shirley. It goes to show how much she meant to him.
He got them in a tough situation when he wanted to get Kallen back during the China battle as well. They could have been defeated by that decision. It seems that he loses his mind when one of his important people is at stake. He forgets about strategy, plans, everything when it comes to his important people.
Old 2008-07-14, 06:12   Link #588
hayato
Datte...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to hayato
Makes you wonder where's Anya in all this... I am really interested in what her blog-machine-thing contains...
hayato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 06:27   Link #589
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

These recent episodes are dropping hints of Marianne more and more. Before we only had glimpses of her, now we see her on the steps of her death, infront of Gyanmede and sharing a blissful moment with C.C. She is mentioned with much admiration and equal amounts of disgust. I have a sneaking suspicion we may see her in the flesh soon, possibly on the "otherside" where the gods live.

Nina is a time bomb waiting to happen. I really don't like her.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:08   Link #590
Bozmo

In this episode we see that ..
-V.V treasures the love of siblings in the conversation with Cornelia
-V.V seems to really hate Marianne, with his reaction to Orange
-V.V refers Lelouch as Marianne's son rather than Charles' son
-V.V has lied to Charles about sending assassin to kill Lelouch

Seems like V.V is jealous of Charles and Marianne's relation, maybe he was responsible for Marianne's death.

Seeing how Charles was disappointed with V.V trying to have Lelouch killed, I start to wonder. Charles wanting to rid of all the lies in Britannia seems to make him a man of justice. Maybe V.V and Schneizel schemed the death of Marianne, because Schneizel saw Lelouch as the only threat to the throne at and V.V was jealous of Marianne. And Charles sends Lelouch away to protect him.
Bozmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:14   Link #591
jery626
Full Metal Panic!

After watching the episode, I think V.V. is the mastermind of Marriane's death...
jery626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:36   Link #592
tbl
Affably Evil

My theory is that Charles started off like Lelouch, but then ended up going down the wrong path and he now sees that Lelouch is also heading that way. So the atonement will be for both of them.

Or alternatively, Charles and Lelouch are going to drink tea, eat muffins, play cricket and do other British things.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:52   Link #593
ichigo fans
Code Geass Lover

I have a feeling that Charles wants Lelouch to take over the throne. Since he already has independance of his own and that he is not a weakling anymore like he used to be when he was small.
ichigo fans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:54   Link #594
Ketro

By far one of the best episodes of this series for me
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 07:59   Link #595
KallenMiki
~=Live for Existence=~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jery626 View Post
After watching the episode, I think V.V. is the mastermind of Marriane's death...
yeah, I think so...Charles seems to be calmed while V.V are always getting to concern on every God's Stuff....
KallenMiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:02   Link #596
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
So guys, There's nothing we can do for now. It's over. but i swear a god that i'm gonna punch rollo in a face bcoz i couldn't forget about shirley outside world (even during eating!).

i mean seriously. i couldn't focus the other important things like Lulu faces off against the emperor BUT damn that episode preview bcoz it just 1 still image during the preview.

God, i'm still kinda pissed off right now.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:03   Link #597
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coba View Post
(remember the girl who put mark into the wall and how she is put in the asylum but still does the same thing))
Where does it show that girl in the asylum? I think I remember seeing a wall with marks on it but I don't remember which episode it occurred in.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:05   Link #598
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Ok, crazy episode we're having here: Lulu doing a massacre on us (again), and Suzaku using Refrain as atool. Ouch.
Old 2008-07-14, 09:29   Link #599
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
Suzaku thought that way because he no longer puts it past Lelouch to DO something like that any more. He never thought he would kill Euphemia either. So I don't see how it was poorly made. Lelouch is known to have people shoot themselves, and he is known to use people like that. Suzaku's mind set here is actually believable and understandable. It makes him look even more guilty when he didn't show up at the funeral. If I was in Suzaku's shoes, Lelouch would be my first suspect too.

EDIT: FlareKnight posted nearly the same thing. Great minds think alike.
Suzaku's mind is still prejudiced against Lelouch, he jumped off a building to save Shirley while saying he doesn't want to lose anyone again. If we want to talk about suspects, why does he not think the intelligence division had anything to do with it? They are supposed to have pretty much every place wired and people following Lelouch whenever he goes out. A girl that recovered her memories after the mind wipe could be targeted by them as well. All testimonies and evidence says Lelouch is innocent, Suzaku is just on a witch hunt because he wants Lelouch for what he did to Euphie.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-14, 09:33   Link #600
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Suzaku's mind is still prejudiced against Lelouch, he jumped off a building to save Shirley while saying he doesn't want to lose anyone again. If we want to talk about suspects, why does he not think the intelligence division had anything to do with it? They are supposed to have pretty much every place wired and people following Lelouch whenever he goes out. A girl that recovered her memories after the mind wipe could be targeted by them as well. All testimonies and evidence says Lelouch is innocent, Suzaku is just on a witch hunt because he wants Lelouch for what he did to Euphie.
lol, you right. I didn't tie the two together. Rather jumping to conclusions, he should have sought out the Intel division, see what info they had.