AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-18, 12:57   Link #1661
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Lelouch was saying that if Geass was the power of the king then it is enough that only he will have that power. He is not so much hung up on the power as saying if it has to exist then he will be the one to have it rather then a bunch of unknown factors.

Suzaku is starting to lose his sense of self in being on the Britannian side. The only thing he really had was his moral highground that he based himself on, changing the system from within works when you stay true to yourself and not let the system change you. By using whatever means necessary to gain results he is being no better then Zero whom he condemns for his methods.

Lelouch is going to build a new system from the ashes of Britannia, he'll likely build a system that will survive even after he is gone. Remember, what he said to Kallen about returning to Ashford after everything is over? I see that has more of him asking her to return to their previous lives with their friends after everything is over. Meaning he does not intend to seize power for himself.

And really dictators are not inherently bad, only when they abuse their power and oppress their people.
I know Lulu wanted to make things as they were but that is a pipe dream for the path he has taken. Shirley is gone, Milly has moved on, Suzaku and Nina are his enemies about the only ones left is Rivalz and kallen. So his wish is not gonna happen as he wnats it.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 12:59   Link #1662
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
I know Lulu wanted to make things as they were but that is a pipe dream for the path he has taken. Shirley is gone, Milly has moved on, Suzaku and Nina are his enemies about the only ones left is Rivalz and kallen. So his wish is not gonna happen as he wnats it.
Well, he might at least succeed in gathering the survivors of it all for one last fireworks event, but that's about it... Still, that might 8I suppsoe) be what they meant with that he'd have a satisfactory ending: He'd not be able to save it all, but he might be able to salvage some pieces of happiness out of it all, sorta...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:04   Link #1663
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN24 View Post
After Lelouch little talk with C.C about how geass is the power of king so he alone has geass is enough and you guys still think he has nothing for power?
You must have missed the note about Geass being a curse. He wants to remove the power from the world, but if a king has to exist, he will take the burden of carrying the Geass.

Quote:
How is becoming a little dark count as losing his Japanese side? the Japanese were not exactly angels,were they? And theirs leaders were not a very honorable group either.
Because he's not becoming a little dark, that is bullshit to say, he is becoming rotten just like the system. He is lying, subverting laws to fit himself, and undermining the rule and dream of the people he supposedly holds dear.

Quote:
Did he tell anyone that he doesn't want power when it is done? No.
Personally,I think if his plan succeeded and he destroys Britania then withdraw,he's a fool to think the world will become peaceful after that.He'll need power to maintain the peace he created and that will automatically make him a dictator of some sort..
Unless he planned on ruling the world from school, then no. He didn't have plans on keeping power. As I said, that is why he has people like Kaguya around him. She is the one who will take up leadership when everything is done. If he wanted power, he'd have removed her and every other leader long ago.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:05   Link #1664
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Lelouch is changing things by force,he's not changing anyone mind and to build a new system where people truly respect each other regardless of their races,religions...he need to change people mindand it will take a very very long time I don't think he could ever return to Ashford unless he continue his double life
He's already started, he already has countries from the EU which have been at odds with the Chinese Federation both signing his charter for the alliance together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
As I said, I see it as more of a metaphorical sense that he wants to go back to leading a normal life with the rest of his friends. I don't take that promise literally as having everyone back at Ashford or something.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:31   Link #1665
Aquaman OS

Lelouch is hopelessly optimistic if he thinks he can go back to a normal life after all thats happened. He can't. Nobody really can. The changes that will brought about by crushing Britannia will be massive (and if he doesn't do it right, terribly destructive as well).

Lelouch despite being very cunning and book smart has shown himself to be a complete idiot at times too particularly his insane mistrust of people and having little to no real understanding of people. This is one of the moments. He can't just fade into obscurity with Nunnally anymore. Now that she's a public figure that plan has pretty much gone down the tubes. I don't think Lelouch even knows what he wants anymore after everything thats happened in the last few eps. He might have a completely new outlook after what he sees in the World of C.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 13:41   Link #1666
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
Yep, they have done a really good job painting Charles as completely misunderstood on pretty much everything. Sure he's racist/darwinist, but that's not a trait to really hate him on
If he was really racist Suzaku wouldn't have even gotten a position in the Knights of Round.

[quote]
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 06:36   Link #1667
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
If he was really racist Suzaku wouldn't have even gotten a position in the Knights of Round.
That's pretty much a common misconception; Charles isn't racist himself, but he doesn't care about racism in general. Hence racism runs rampant along with every other "-ism" out there in Britannia. It's the classic case of doing evil by doing nothing.
Old 2008-07-19, 09:03   Link #1668
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Lelouch is hopelessly optimistic if he thinks he can go back to a normal life after all thats happened. He can't. Nobody really can. The changes that will brought about by crushing Britannia will be massive (and if he doesn't do it right, terribly destructive as well).

Lelouch despite being very cunning and book smart has shown himself to be a complete idiot at times too particularly his insane mistrust of people and having little to no real understanding of people. This is one of the moments. He can't just fade into obscurity with Nunnally anymore. Now that she's a public figure that plan has pretty much gone down the tubes. I don't think Lelouch even knows what he wants anymore after everything thats happened in the last few eps. He might have a completely new outlook after what he sees in the World of C.
It may be a bit optimistic but the general public does not know who Zero is, he can still lead a normal life afterward should he choose to. Just because you think he can't does not mean he did not intend to.

Lelouch is playing a dangerous game, one that could mean the end for him and people he cares about should something go wrong. He would be a complete idiot to be trusting of everyone he meets. He does have a group of people he can trust althought for some like Diethard, it is more like he can trust him to act in a certain manner.

That is actually one of the reasons I think they may part ways at the end, Lelouch has been show to slowly let go of Nunally as his reason for living even though she is still very important to him. Nunally is starting to stand on her own without relying on her brother to protect her.

Lelouch has wanted what he always had, destruction of Britannia because it is rotten and cannot be fixed. He used to justify it with doing so for Nunally but now he is fighting for everyone. It is not that he doesn't know what he wants, but rather Shirley's death caused him to become blinded by his anger. Wait until Kallen comes back to sort him out again.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 10:32   Link #1669
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
It may be a bit optimistic but the general public does not know who Zero is, he can still lead a normal life afterward should he choose to. Just because you think he can't does not mean he did not intend to.

Lelouch is playing a dangerous game, one that could mean the end for him and people he cares about should something go wrong. He would be a complete idiot to be trusting of everyone he meets. He does have a group of people he can trust althought for some like Diethard, it is more like he can trust him to act in a certain manner.

That is actually one of the reasons I think they may part ways at the end, Lelouch has been show to slowly let go of Nunally as his reason for living even though she is still very important to him. Nunally is starting to stand on her own without relying on her brother to protect her.

Lelouch has wanted what he always had, destruction of Britannia because it is rotten and cannot be fixed. He used to justify it with doing so for Nunally but now he is fighting for everyone. It is not that he doesn't know what he wants, but rather Shirley's death caused him to become blinded by his anger. Wait until Kallen comes back to sort him out again.
Possibly for kallen to give lelouch a good punch in the face to snap out of his rage.
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 12:06   Link #1670
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
That's pretty much a common misconception; Charles isn't racist himself, but he doesn't care about racism in general. Hence racism runs rampant along with every other "-ism" out there in Britannia. .
Well he's a darwinist who believes that in order to get to the top you have to fight with what you got which is exactly what Marianne and Suzaku did. So yes he doesn't care about racisism in general.

The racist part comes from the lower caste that uses it to gloat themselves.

Quote:
It's the classic case of doing evil by doing nothing
Or he may have already tried and it failed (Hence his speech in eps 14 about despite the fact he became king britannia is still rotten to the core).
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 01:12   Link #1671
Aporia

I just stumbled across this: "Lelouch from Code Geass provides a rare example of a heroic (well, anti-heroic) Magnificent Bastard. Any attempt to describe the extent of his magnificence would only undermine it. "
from: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ificentBastard

So, I'd like to issue a challenge to Lelouch fans - describe the extent of his magnificence without undermining it. I'm sure it can be done, but I'm interested to see how it's done.
Aporia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 03:14   Link #1672
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aporia View Post
So, I'd like to try to get back on topic by re-issuing my just for fun challenge, which has now been buried by nonsense. I'm not a Lelouch or a Suzaku partisan, this is unrelated to fan vs. fan sniping that apparently long predates me.

Maybe this is being overly cautious but magnificent here is not used in the sense of "omg let me kiss your feel Lulu if you only existed for real!" Follow the link if you're unclear, it will give the complete context.
If you opt to identify Lelouch as a villain, he must be labeled a hero as well. Lelouch would be a villain in the eyes of Britannian people, and a hero to Elevens. Either that, or you decide not to label him as either. He cannot simply be one or the other, as that is a huge indication of bias.

I suggest using the term protagonist because it is fitting.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:54   Link #1673
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Lulu's new code name L.L.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 11:59   Link #1674
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

for get about love and his promises (plural) what the hell is lelouch going to do. The opening for the second half was way to optimistic. Lelouch is going down the crapper and fast. He is losing everything as evident in his speech at the 30 second preview. now what is he to do? After all the betrayals are done. who can he get a satisfying ending. This going to be a miracle after miracle episodes for lelouch.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 12:22   Link #1675
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Director's word. You may call me what you will, but when Tanguchi says that Lelouch is going to get a decent ending, he'll get one.

Unless he's misleading us along with the second OP.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 16:06   Link #1676
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

I have finally back to earth and starting to think logically. He said he doesn't want anymore taken from him. but that is exactly what happen. and if the speculation comes true (some of it already has) he will be losing a lot more. Than he will go down the path of the Demon King. Something i did not want. but what are you going to do.

More plot twist will occur.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 16:09   Link #1677
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...That's obvious? And what you don't want doesn't matter. Taniguchi and co are at the helm of Geass, not the fans.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:50   Link #1678
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

After 15 episodes of losing Nunally to his father, losing Kallen to Suzaku, losing Shirley to Rollo, Lelouch finally manages to save (More or less) at least one girl in his important in his life.

Good job !
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 21:58   Link #1679
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
After 15 episodes of losing Nunally to his father, losing Kallen to Suzaku, losing Shirley to Rollo, Lelouch finally manages to save (More or less) at least one girl in his important in his life.

Good job !
He lost C.C., the extended preview makes that point perfectly clear. He's lost everyone close to him now.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 22:03   Link #1680
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
He lost C.C., the extended preview makes that point perfectly clear. He's lost everyone close to him now.
Oh c'mon she's still there, maybe not as C.C but as (insert real name) but it still counts in a way