Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-12, 17:32   Link #4041
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Do wonder if all level 4s would be fairly similar to this first one. The first levels are really all the same in appearance. Level 2 just goes all over the map in the kind of stuff that can turn out. Level 3 is fairly uniform shape wise with various in colour and to a degree appearance. Though considering the power I don't think we'd like to see any more level 4s pop up.
We did see a few episodes back how many different versions there are of Level 3's (not to mention Level 2's), and i guess that has something to do with how they evolve. Same should go for the Level 4's.
Old 2008-09-12, 18:34   Link #4042
Casshern

The facial characteristics are much more "human" in the level 4 than the level 3. Perhaps the final stage of evolution will appear identical to a human, maybe it'll even look like the human that the soul originally belonged to. And as the body becomes more human maybe the soul gradually starts becoming demonic.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:01   Link #4043
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Does anyone think this is kind of like hollows in bleach? regular hollow=regular akumas, then Menos Grande=Giant Akumas with freaky faces, Level 3=Adjuchas, Level 4= Arrancar.

Level 5=Vasto Lorde?

I'm not saying they copied it, just noting the similarities.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:12   Link #4044
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
Does anyone think this is kind of like hollows in bleach? regular hollow=regular akumas, then Menos Grande=Giant Akumas with freaky faces, Level 3=Adjuchas, Level 4= Arrancar.

Level 5=Vasto Lorde?

they get this from the "how to draw manga for dummies" book you know!
so it is obvious there is similiraties! ever wonder why so many manga have similar plot
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 19:17   Link #4045
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
The facial characteristics are much more "human" in the level 4 than the level 3. Perhaps the final stage of evolution will appear identical to a human, maybe it'll even look like the human that the soul originally belonged to. And as the body becomes more human maybe the soul gradually starts becoming demonic.
You mean like a Noah?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 21:08   Link #4046
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
That`s exactly what i said a few post behind... akumas can become Noahs(thats what i think)
Old 2008-09-12, 22:12   Link #4047
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post
Chaos > Yet somehow when the Akumas fuse. It's more like the souls within combine to form one degraded mass. Ironically this is a stark contrast with the outward appearance of the Akuma heh.
To be fair, we never had Allen looking into the soul of the giant akuma, for all we know each of the individual akumas that form it still retains their souls. Which would explain why the giant akumas are such slow-witted, especially with so many souls trying to cooridinate together... And we all know Akumas aren't much of team players, unless there's someone calling the shots or when they just swarm.

In addition, this episode also shows how the individual parts of the Giant can function separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Four is the number of 'despair'......

Several of you who have from a little to basic understanding of Japanese realized how special was the screentime invested upon this demonic imp of Level 4.

'Four' in Japanese commonly translates as shi, which is the word can also be used, under a different context, as death.
Same case for Chinese... '4' is the most popular bad number.

Though I remember what I had kicked up a fuss for was that they specifically said 'Despair' and not death, and there's what caught my attention...

Any of the anime watchers want to throw in some thoughts at this ?

Quote:
The first time that Allen looked at the souls of Level 1's he got frightened (see episode 27 flashback); the first time that Allen witnessed the corrosion of the soul, as the Akuma evolved from Level 1 to Level 2, he had a shock (see episode 3); when Allen first had contact with the soul of Level 3 he remained unfazed (see episode 70)
However, Allen was not able to look much longer to the real state of the soul of Level 4. In fact, I believe that Allen hardly did watch a part of the soul and not all of its entirety, before feeling nauseated and overwhelmed by absolute terror and despair before averting his eyes from that hellish sight.

Something I don't get is that the Level 3's soul is also just a cloud of mass without any shape except for that eye, and Allen's fine with it.

So I really can't image how much worse could it get... Wait, now that I think about it, the soul of this Level 4 didn't even said a word right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post

Level 5=Vasto Lorde?

Really? I thought of it as Digimon :3

Rookie -> Champion -> Ultimate -> Mega

(Not to go all nerdy on you, but Arrancars aren't a stage in the evolution right?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
That`s exactly what i said a few post behind... akumas can become Noahs(thats what i think)
This I don't agree. Remember that Noahs aren't just superhumans with powers, they are also the blood descendant of Noah.

Quote:
Henceforth, it's neither farfetch'd nor insane to conceive the idea of another evolution appearance in a far future.

Maybe Level '5', anyone?

After all, Hoshino-sensei in the manga has yet to disclose the end of an Akuma's evolution or what does the last stage would look like it?
Considering how 'young' D.Gray-man still is, I wouldn't be surprise with a Level 6...

THough I'm expecting something like all the Akumas in the world fusing together
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-12, 22:28   Link #4048
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be fair, we never had Allen looking into the soul of the giant akuma, for all we know each of the individual akumas that form it still retains their souls. Which would explain why the giant akumas are such slow-witted, especially with so many souls trying to cooridinate together... And we all know Akumas aren't much of team players, unless there's someone calling the shots or when they just swarm.

Same case for Chinese... '4' is the most popular bad number.

Though I remember what I had kicked up a fuss for was that they specifically said 'Despair' and not death, and there's what caught my attention...

Any of the anime watchers want to throw in some thoughts at this ?

Something I don't get is that the Level 3's soul is also just a cloud of mass without any shape except for that eye, and Allen's fine with it.

So I really can't image how much worse could it get... Wait, now that I think about it, the soul of this Level 4 didn't even said a word right?

(Not to go all nerdy on you, but Arrancars aren't a stage in the evolution right?)

This I don't agree. Remember that Noahs aren't just superhumans with powers, they are also the blood descendant of Noah.
Lets say the level 4 soul is of such if you can see it it causes fear and confusion.
----------------
Arrancars are a stage of Hollow evolution
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollow_...)#Grand_Fisher
however menos go through 3 stages with vasto lorde being more powerful than the average Arrancar. Its more a class change than a upgrade of current class.
--------------
Lets say the Noah were "evil like" thus why they were destroyed in the process for revenge The count used their DNA to create akumas and through various stages of evolution can be reborn as true Noah.

While still letting some Noahs to be reborn through human flesh in a similar manner through the process of breeding over generations the DNA slowly collects and builds until one is born of human flesh.
Old 2008-09-12, 22:57   Link #4049
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:

Well maybe just my imagination, but thought I heard some kind of agonized sound when Allen was looking at it. But maybe the soul is in such agony it can't even speak anymore. Is hard to imagine how much worse it can get than a cloud like thing with the level 3. It was still able to communicate. Can only feel for it. Having to endure all of what has happened through those first 3 levels and now this. No wonder along with the nauseous feeling Allen was in tears just looking at it.
Quote:

Do think the digmon reference could work here .
Old 2008-09-13, 05:23   Link #4050
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
Shouldn't it be pretty damn obvious from that facts we've already been given about the Noah's that this is impossible?

Quote:
THough I'm expecting something like all the Akumas in the world fusing together
Seems like that has to happen in almost all shounen shows.
Old 2008-09-14, 13:44   Link #4051
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Thats a level four? Sure it has power, destructive power, nasty tricks and everything else, just what the hell is this design -_-
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:48   Link #4052
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Thats a level four? Sure it has power, destructive power, nasty tricks and everything else, just what the hell is this design -_-
Look at the Exorcist sinner the design is almost the same, it shows the level of the abomination.
Old 2008-09-14, 13:51   Link #4053
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

So? That doesnt really mean I have to like the design.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 13:53   Link #4054
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
So? That doesnt really mean I have to like the design.
I like the general "chibi" lvl 2 design less =^^=
Old 2008-09-14, 19:56   Link #4055
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Shouldn't it be pretty damn obvious from that facts we've already been given about the Noah's that this is impossible?

Seems like that has to happen in almost all shounen shows.
When Level 4 first made its appearance in the manga, people at the D.Gray-man thread also cooked up wild theories about the possibility of Akumas evolving further, until they become Noahs.

No way.

Noahs are human. It's already been supported and concluded when Allen scanned Road with his cursed eye way back to the Rewinding Town arc.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 20:00   Link #4056
ZippyDSM

Quote:
When Level 4 first made its appearance in the manga, people at the D.Gray-man thread also cooked up wild theories about the possibility of Akumas evolving further, until they become Noahs.

No way.

Noahs are human. It's already been supported and concluded when Allen scanned Road with his cursed eye way back to the Rewinding Town arc.
Thats not the point his cursed eye can see akumas (a entrapped soul inside a shape shifting bioweapon). Now if you refine it further and further and make it more human like you have something thats like a Noah, thus why its pluaseable that it can happen.
Old 2008-09-14, 20:21   Link #4057
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
Thats not the point his cursed eye can see akumas (a entrapped soul inside a shape shifting bioweapon). Now if you refine it further and further and make it more human like you have something thats like a Noah, thus why its pluaseable that it can happen.
Are you forgetting that Noah's are human on purpose?
Old 2008-09-14, 20:26   Link #4058
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Are you forgetting that Noah's are human on purpose?
And why can it not be that Akumas grow into them? Has it really been stated that they can not be a un evolved state of Noah?

It is reasonable that they can grow into becoming Naoh to repopulate the earth after its been depopulated of humans.
Old 2008-09-14, 21:28   Link #4059
indicatoto101

The Noahs are original descendants of the Noah of the Arc. I take this to mean that they are blood relatives. Akumas may be able to evolve to the point where they become more powerful than the Noahs (the L4s have shown this), but that blood relationship will never exist. If you argue that Akumas can evolve into Noahs, then you also have to argue that Noahs were once Akumas, which isn't true.
indicatoto101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 22:15   Link #4060
GDB

Well, Akuma are formed by Dark Matter, which is the anti-thesis to innocence. As they evolve, they become more and more human-like.

Perhaps stage 5 or 6 would be a weapon-like being that is essentially human, harnessing the powers of Dark Matter in the same way that Exorcists harness innocence.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk