AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad ~After Story~ - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 95 42.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 52 23.21%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 9.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.45%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-03, 22:24   Link #121
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

After hearing alot of evil and sadism from Midorikawa in SRWZ, hearing him in grand awesomeness again is great lol

He owned this episode for me.

Nagisa has been my favourite character since her very first appearance, I'll love this season alot.

10/10 for major service this episode provides.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-10-03, 22:35   Link #122
way2slow

Send a message via AIM to way2slow
I have a question for Ep1, seeing I have no Japanese background, but @ 6:18: "Like an anchor at concerts", should it not be 'encore'... or am I off? That was the notable difference between AQS Sprocket and Eclipse.
Old 2008-10-03, 22:39   Link #123
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Spelling error or just straight translation error from the sub you're watching.

Its encore and AQS Sprocket got it correct.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-10-03, 22:52   Link #124
nines
I much prefer the 2d

The epic storyline loved by so many people has come back....I love this anime but OMFG the cheesyness in this first episode grahhh To much happyness and weird ass speaches over such weird things x.x
Old 2008-10-03, 23:12   Link #125
eMpTy265
<unranked>

It's been a while since an anime episode caused me to get muscle cramps from laughing, but this baseball arc sure did it for me.

Kyoani sure knows how to make us fall in love with the characters...

I'm pretty sure most of the things that I noticed have been discussed, so I'll just say 1 short thing:

TomoyORZ...

P.S. Where did Yoshino's "Am I smiling now?" line come from? Was it from just Kanon (Shiori's route?)? Or were there other series that had that line also?
Old 2008-10-04, 00:40   Link #126
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Apologies for the later-than-usual publish, but I had a date with a girl last night, and couldn't finish it up in time. >_>

[RIUVA] CLANNAD ~After Story~, Episode 1

Nice episode to ease us back into the story. 8/10
Old 2008-10-04, 00:45   Link #127
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
A really good comeback for the series, they lead us in with the ever awesome Akio baseball plan, and by doing so we are reminded why we love all these characters. There is seriously not one scene in this episode that didn't feel awkward or annoying or anything, it was just absolutely superb.
Old 2008-10-04, 00:46   Link #128
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

note: Kotomi is another Nagato/cyborg

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-10-04, 01:18   Link #129
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
That was an excellent way to start things off by getting the entire gang together. Watching the events on screen just felt like a reunion of sorts and it was great just letting the characters' personalities bounce off of each other. Execution of the comedy was also good and there weren't any slow moments at all as this episode grabs you from the get-go. No complaints from my end!
Old 2008-10-04, 01:41   Link #130
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

It was essentially a filler episode, but an entertaining one. Certainly Yoshino Yuusuke stole the show for me, with his backhanded melodramatic lamp-shading, the type of which is almost a trademark of Ishihara's sense of humour.

The motley baseball team gave me big Suzumiya Haruhi vibes. Most of it was pretty facetious, but there were little glimpses of things under the surface that play into Clannad's main set of themes. Mirrinus has already pointed most of them out more eloquently than I care to try.

Edit: I completely forgot about this, but I found it interesting that Misae, Ibuki-sensei and Yuusuke share some sort of past. I haven't played very far into the game (I'm certainly no where near After Story), but from that scene, I started to speculate that maybe there are some parallels in their past that resembles some of the stuff going on with the characters of Tomoya's generation. Maybe there are parallels between the way the relationships panned out between Misae, Ibuki-sensei and Yuusuke and, I don't know, I'm speculating here, possibly Tomoyo, Nagisa and Tomoya. I don't want to know if I'm close or not, it just strikes me as a plausible possibility... and an interesting pattern in the story if it is.

Last edited by Sorrow-K; 2008-10-04 at 01:53.
Old 2008-10-04, 02:01   Link #131
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Hah, I loved this episode, it was great, light and funny. But still had a few hints about the core of the show.

Yoshino and his speeches were hilarious, and Kotomi made me giggle with her calculations. Poor Tomoyo, trying to be a 'regular' girl and just gives up in the end and belts the ball. So will these characters who didn't have much screen time in S1 be getting more in S2 I wonder?
Old 2008-10-04, 03:42   Link #132
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Eh?

Spoiler:
i meant as a nomral cast, like the ones where she pops up every now and then to unintentionally disturb a 'locked-in-a-gym' kinda scenario
Old 2008-10-04, 05:42   Link #133
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
I had high expectations for this series (since I simply loved the first one way too much) and I am in a bit of disbelief as to how well this first Episode shattered all of them. I thought it was really as to how Akio, Sanae, Misae, and Yuuske all got a good deal of screen time (Akio especially, coolest guy in that series, IMO). Overall, I just liked it (regardless as to how cheesy it was).

Also, poor, poor Sunohara.
Old 2008-10-04, 06:53   Link #134
ayu
DUN.DDUN.DDDUN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nines View Post
The epic storyline loved by so many people has come back....I love this anime but OMFG the cheesyness in this first episode grahhh To much happyness and weird ass speaches over such weird things x.x
I agree, there were too many lines that popped out of no where that made the episode seem rather weird.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:07   Link #135
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
I also noticed that there is an error in the ED. Kyou and Ryou are shown to both be wearing thigh-high socks, but Ryou does not usually wear them to that height. She usually only wears them to ankle-height IIRC.
lol, is this a hint that ryou's on her way to becoming tsundere later in the series

禁則事項です
Old 2008-10-04, 09:19   Link #136
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Rewatching the episode, noticed in the victory dinner, Mei whispered something into Nagisa's ear. That would most likely lead into something concerning Sunohara, as can be seen in the preview. This would thread the story nicely into the "Sunoharas Route" side story.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:31   Link #137
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Edit: I completely forgot about this, but I found it interesting that Misae, Ibuki-sensei and Yuusuke share some sort of past. I haven't played very far into the game (I'm certainly no where near After Story), but from that scene, I started to speculate that maybe there are some parallels in their past that resembles some of the stuff going on with the characters of Tomoya's generation. Maybe there are parallels between the way the relationships panned out between Misae, Ibuki-sensei and Yuusuke and, I don't know, I'm speculating here, possibly Tomoyo, Nagisa and Tomoya. I don't want to know if I'm close or not, it just strikes me as a plausible possibility... and an interesting pattern in the story if it is.
I was just going to mention this

It was quite a nice starting episode...I had a few chuckles out of some of the scenes. Though rather than Haruhi, this whole baseball ep reminded me of Little Busters

Tomoyo doing the orz made my day too ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-04, 09:32   Link #138
Ottocycle

Looking at what earlier posters had drawn about the contrast in Tomoya's disposition between the first episode of the first story and AS, I just realised that the producers had used the same music during the corresponding scenes as well. Really nice touch there, IMHO, especially since the name of the track is named 町、時の流れ、人, which I think translates to The Town, the Passage of Time, and the People (maybe it might not be plural in this context though).

Spoiler for Snippets I loved that was not in the episode:

Mods: I figured that the above would be fine since nothing has been spoiled about the actual episode and the lines won't appear ever again, but if they aren't, do what you have to.
Old 2008-10-04, 09:43   Link #139
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
was i the only one who was thinking of nayuki when sanae was doing that "fighto desu yo"
Old 2008-10-04, 09:54   Link #140
phishn37
Time to fly ~ !

I say 8/10 because it was a fun, lighthearted first episode, very funny and enjoyable. But there doesn't seem to be any kind of plot or arc yet, and from the looks of the next ep, there won't be one their either.
Closed Thread