AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-31, 00:46   Link #361
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessEcholocation View Post
Does anyone know if energy blades have been made in Code Geass or if it's possible to tone MVS down for humans to wield?

Regarding the Lelouch/Sayoko pairing, what's the age difference between them?

The recent Lelouch/Anya story was amusing.
I think in the spin-off Suzaku manga has something like that.

In season one I believe Sayoko is 24 while Lelouch is 17.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-31, 01:19   Link #362
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post

Really, I thought she was 21/22.

I'm not sure about character's ages anymore, and getting hung up on the numbers seems fruitless.
Old 2008-11-01, 15:11   Link #363
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterkeyes2 View Post

Seven year difference...

The harem fic Dream of a King really had variety.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 13:09   Link #364
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Ahoy ahoy! A new chapter of my story be out now. I hope you enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4605320/..._of_Sutherland

Spoiler for A little comment.:
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 14:10   Link #365
Cal-Reflector

Advertising this fic by Vicks111, a wonderful work that really lets you view Kaguya in a different light. Sunrise, take note! This is how you develop a character!

Title: Supreme
Rating/Warning(s): PG. Spoilers for the entire thing.
Genre: Fluffy Angsty Instrospection.
Pairing(s)/Character(s): Kaguya, pretty much everyone close to Kaguya is in there too.
Summary: It matters not what you know to be true or not, nor what you believe, it seems. The world will always be right and you will always be wrong. But then again, as long as you are happy, it does not matter whether you are a wronged Goddess or a rightful Demon.
Lenght: 10,000 words.

http://vicks111.livejournal.com/9329.html#cutid1
Old 2008-11-02, 14:15   Link #366
Shuuda
Sniped.

Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
I read that a few days ago on fanfic.net. I certainly enjoyed it.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 13:43   Link #367
Cal-Reflector

Lelouch of Britannia: Chapter 16 - The Price of Victory
Length: 4300 Words
Preview: "What sort of gentleman lets the lady bring him flowers instead?"

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3816236/16/
Old 2008-11-08, 21:28   Link #368
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector View Post
Preview: "What sort of gentleman lets the lady bring him flowers instead?"
A modern one.

This is why I love modern women, rather than ye-old traditional women. Modern women insist on paying for their own food, are low maintenance, and are just as likely, if not more, to be able to kick ass as I am.

Or, as a family friend once told his wife, "Geeze, baby, I couldn't imagine marrying a woman who couldn't throw a hand grenade."

Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-08, 23:05   Link #369
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
A modern one.

This is why I love modern women, rather than ye-old traditional women. Modern women insist on paying for their own food, are low maintenance, and are just as likely, if not more, to be able to kick ass as I am.

Or, as a family friend once told his wife, "Geeze, baby, I couldn't imagine marrying a woman who couldn't throw a hand grenade."

Hopefully I'll be able to show, rather than tell, that many aspects of the Britannian Empire in my story will be much more similar to Jane Austen rather than modern day US/UK, particularly class lines, social norms, courtship, and romance.
Old 2008-11-09, 21:46   Link #370
TimelessEcholocation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
A modern one.

Ah, women have certainly been able to show their capabilities to their max.

By the way, anyone have any tips to character development? I have a feeling that I'm lacking something on this one fic of mine called Overture to a Future.
TimelessEcholocation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-09, 22:51   Link #371
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Ah, women have certainly been able to show their capabilities to their max.

By the way, anyone have any tips to character development? I have a feeling that I'm lacking something on this one fic of mine called Overture to a Future.
Link please.
Old 2008-11-10, 00:00   Link #372
TimelessEcholocation

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4581943/...re_to_a_Future
Old 2008-11-10, 00:57   Link #373
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
I think starting a story In the Middle of Action with a brand new setting (i.e. non-canon) and original characters is very difficult. The number of unfamiliar names makes character development difficult as well, as do the amount of explanation required to inform the reader of your original setting. There's too much information too soon.

You writing is solid. Your grammar is good. It's important to intrigue the reader ASAP so they'll want to keep reading. The concept is good too: the descendants of Geass cast. A good strategy here may be to spend more time relating back/comparing these OCs to their parents to help familiarize the readers. Detailed physical descriptions for OCs as they appear may help.

I think readers would be interested in knowing what CG characters' offspring are like. You still have to do the work though; presently i feel no attachment to this Indiana. He seems like an asshole.

The flow between character interaction and the narratives informing the reader of the setting could use some work. It feels choppy now.

For an example of character development, I defer to this story by hopechan:
http://community.livejournal.com/cav...tor/40063.html

Clovis is not an OC, but minor enough that an author would have a lot of white space to fill in.
Old 2008-11-10, 13:19   Link #374
TimelessEcholocation

Quote:
I think starting a story In the Middle of Action with a brand new setting (i.e. non-canon) and original characters is very difficult. The number of unfamiliar names makes character development difficult as well, as do the amount of explanation required to inform the reader of your original setting. There's too much information too soon.

You writing is solid. Your grammar is good. It's important to intrigue the reader ASAP so they'll want to keep reading. The concept is good too: the descendants of Geass cast. A good strategy here may be to spend more time relating back/comparing these OCs to their parents to help familiarize the readers. Detailed physical descriptions for OCs as they appear may help.

I think readers would be interested in knowing what CG characters' offspring are like. You still have to do the work though; presently i feel no attachment to this Indiana. He seems like an asshole.

The flow between character interaction and the narratives informing the reader of the setting could use some work. It feels choppy now.

For an example of character development, I defer to this story by hopechan:
http://community.livejournal.com/cav...tor/40063.html

Clovis is not an OC, but minor enough that an author would have a lot of white space to fill in.

Would a side story or some sort of prequel do any justice in regards to building the original characters and their backgrounds at this point?
Old 2008-11-10, 15:44   Link #375
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Would a side story or some sort of prequel do any justice in regards to building the original characters and their backgrounds at this point?
Since this is your project you ultimately decide, but my suggestion is: Remove the story, revise it as you see fit, re-upload it with a different name so it comes back to the top of ff.net's listings. Hopefully it will catch the attention of more readers this time around.

BTW, if you're concerned about this: Number of Hits and Reviews does not necessarily reflect the quality of a story. I think it's biggest benefit is helping a writer's motivation to continue.
Old 2008-11-10, 19:58   Link #376
TimelessEcholocation

Quote:
Since this is your project you ultimately decide, but my suggestion is: Remove the story, revise it as you see fit, re-upload it with a different name so it comes back to the top of ff.net's listings. Hopefully it will catch the attention of more readers this time around.

BTW, if you're concerned about this: Number of Hits and Reviews does not necessarily reflect the quality of a story. I think it's biggest benefit is helping a writer's motivation to continue.
I'm not very concerned about reviews and the like. Just needed several different opinions.

I'll keep the suggestion in mind.
Old 2008-11-10, 20:23   Link #377
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
I agree on that, reviews make me smile and writers who demand reviews with threats to stop writing make me cry

edit: Requiem is being translated in Chinese atm lol someone asked me if she could do it for her blog
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 15:46   Link #378
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

How about someone try this idea out?

Lelouch X C.C. X Kallen X Shirley X Milly X Nina X Sayoko X Nagisa X Inoue X Kaguya X Tianzi X Rakshata X Cecile X Villeta X Anya X Dorothea X Nonette X Monica X Grausam Valkyrie Squadron X ???

??? = anyone other hot female characters that I might have neglected

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-12, 18:21   Link #379
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
How about someone try this idea out?

Lelouch X C.C. X Kallen X Shirley X Milly X Nina X Sayoko X Nagisa X Inoue X Kaguya X Tianzi X Rakshata X Cecile X Villeta X Anya X Dorothea X Nonette X Monica X Grausam Valkyrie Squadron X ???

??? = anyone other hot female characters that I might have neglected
You're missing: Cornelia, Euphie, the angry looking princess and the young sadistic princess whom Sunrise shoved in but ultimately didn't have time for.

Oh, and Ms. Romayer.

*Ponders* Lot of ingredients for just one story.
Old 2008-11-12, 21:54   Link #380
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
You're missing: Cornelia, Euphie, the angry looking princess and the young sadistic princess whom Sunrise shoved in but ultimately didn't have time for.

Oh, and Ms. Romayer.

*Ponders* Lot of ingredients for just one story.
Obviously, the chalk-mark-drawing girl should be a pivotal character to this massive harem.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, discussion