AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-22, 07:59   Link #321
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

As i see it it's Sir Hugh Irons recalling his past moment shared with Sir Penwood and Integra's father.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 08:13   Link #322
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

^

Yeah. I thought it was fairly obvious. By the whole 'end of the war' thing in the newspapers, that referenced to WW2, for example.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 08:33   Link #323
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

ooooh, its finally out... this I shall need to watch tomorrow. Hmm or to wait for a sub... nah.

Spoiler for for those that have seen it and read the manga:
Old 2008-12-22, 09:23   Link #324
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Where did it finish off?
Spoiler:
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 21:41   Link #325
KanaKaishou

The first four ova's are pretty intense.

However, this one ups even the previously high level of awesome that the series used to have.
KanaKaishou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 06:57   Link #326
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanaKaishou View Post
The first four ova's are pretty intense.

However, this one ups even the previously high level of awesome that the series used to have.
Agreed, though SOME fansub-blogging circles are crying and moaning about this one because it didn't have Alucard in it. Hell, I completely agree that even without Alucard, this episode just might have been the best in terms of storytelling. Sorta ironic that mere humans are the more interesting thing in terms of story. I guess Alucard's story can't be revealed too much in the span of a few OVAs.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-23, 15:12   Link #327
u43368
Disabled By Request

I've only got one thing to say about this ova.

Spoiler for ova 5:

Anyone else notice the Gundam style dropoff sequence? Cool stuff.
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 02:34   Link #328
monir
cho~ kakkoii

"Akuma stalking, DO-doobie-DOo"

I have finally got the opportunity to watch the episode 5, and I was in heaven for 40 minutes.

Everything about this episode was perfect. From eating babies to the fat man eating a juicy steak, were perfect. Oh, I felt like crying.. I was so overjoyed. *sniff*

I know that around him no one will joke about eating babies because he will retort back, "OH YEAH!!! What a pleasant surprise. I do too! Nice to meet you!!! "

In the hearts of heart I'm still a shounen-fan who loves action, blood, and unrestrained gore that goes hand in hand with a cool WWII/NAZI plot. As time and time again OAV proves that if there are less restraints to express the original intention an author wanted to bring forth when adapting a medium, the quality of the medium is instantly enhanced in its animated form. Of course, it may not be to the liking of everyone out there, but at least, we get to evaluate a series such as Hellsing to its fullest content. I was singing...

...through out the remainder of the episode. Later I was dancing in joy when I've found out that a promotional video is already out there for episode VI. Madhouse in helm ensures that there will be less uncertainty about the time-gap between each episode.

"Akuma stalking, DO-doobie-DOo! Akuma stalking, DO-doobie-DOo! Akuma stalking, DO-doobie-DOo!"

Here is to MADHOUSE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
Anyone else notice the Gundam style dropoff sequence? Cool stuff.
I sure did! Gundam franchise often seek out the best of those animation studios out there to render services for those few very good episodes animation-wise, and one of those studios happens to be Madhouse, or rather, a few talented people that regularly work in conjunction with Madhouse. I've also noticed Madhouse will be in the helm for this project from episode 5 and on!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 05:00   Link #329
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Makes me lol how that sequence of the massacre in London it's supposed to be OMGNAZIVAMPIRESEATINGBABIES OH DISGUSTING THE HORROR and not HOLYSHITTHISISAWESOMEYOUARETHEBESTOVAEVER

Spoiler for OVA VI Trailer:

Moar.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 06:53   Link #330
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
ooooh, its finally out... this I shall need to watch tomorrow. Hmm or to wait for a sub... nah.

Spoiler for for those that have seen it and read the manga:
There will probably be at least 4 more OVAs before it's over.

Spoiler:
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 04:15   Link #331
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@monir: My only grouse with the baby-eating scene is why do the animators have to colour the eyes red? It would be much more scary if they just drew a person's eyes.

Actually, I liked the OVA series not because of the unrestrained gore, but the apparent madness of the actions undertaken. Yet, if one stopped and remember that there IS a vampire centuries old in the series, along with fellows who are the epitome of destruction from an era of horror combined with stuff worthy of nightmares, anything less would be somewhat an insult to the audience.
Old 2009-01-04, 20:19   Link #332
Echoes

The baby-eating scene was great. I couldn't believe it at first, usually even very gory shows hold back actual depictions of gruesome violence done to children, much less babies. They go all out in this one, and I absolutely love it. It's surreal how fast 40 minutes pass when you're watching Hellsing.

Just about every character is filled to the brim with badassery; it's quite amazing when you think about it. I simply cannot wait for the next installment.
Old 2009-01-07, 06:13   Link #333
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'm sure I'm not the only one having "the Emperor" in my mind when I heard Anderson stating the motto of his order.
Old 2009-01-09, 15:02   Link #334
alarmadadna hadi

Hellsing has never been this shocking

Spoiler for Ova 5:

Best ova yet, hopefully it will keep getting better.
alarmadadna hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 18:50   Link #335
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I have a question. I HATED hellsing (the tv series) it was just......crude and like some parts (like the first episode the vampire b/f / g/f and the whole "thing" they did.) I was like...oh comeon. and Seras's boobs would get bigger.....then smaller, the animation sucked....I just didn't like it. I DO however like the manga. and I dont mind violence and stuff thats fine, but some of the sexual stuff in the tv series was just like @_@ and I just didn't enjoy it.

Anyways is the OVA any better? i've heard it's LOADS better, but does it have any of that "sexual" stuff (u know what i mean) like the TV series did. cause I do want to see it...but dunno if it suxorz or not.

thx!
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 19:08   Link #336
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

While the OVA follows the manga to the exact (as close as it can anyway), I'm unsure whether it has what you talk about. I myself think the OVA has more violence than "sexual" stuff, unless it's kinda...justified. I tend to be immune to it though so maybe I don't react, but sure, there is still there. (For the record, vampire gf/bf is toned down a notch.)

Either way, you should really watch the OVAs, as the plot, animation, sound, everything is in large better than the series. If you like the manga you will like this, regardless of what you mention.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 19:47   Link #337
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
While the OVA follows the manga to the exact (as close as it can anyway), I'm unsure whether it has what you talk about. I myself think the OVA has more violence than "sexual" stuff, unless it's kinda...justified. I tend to be immune to it though so maybe I don't react, but sure, there is still there. (For the record, vampire gf/bf is toned down a notch.)

Either way, you should really watch the OVAs, as the plot, animation, sound, everything is in large better than the series. If you like the manga you will like this, regardless of what you mention.
Well violence is fine, but u know like the b/f g/f from the first episode.....that was just like "trashy"......and stupid. i dunno. I assume there will be profanity but thats ok
Old 2009-01-19, 20:01   Link #338
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

^I know what you mean, but I think the OVA handles that stuff in a better, more artistic way. I guess you have to watch it to determine.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 23:01   Link #339
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
^I know what you mean, but I think the OVA handles that stuff in a better, more artistic way. I guess you have to watch it to determine.
indeed well I always loved Hellsing manga so we'll see i've heard only good things about the OVA, but the TV series suckkkked

edit: watched the first 2 ova's. AWESOME. it's exactly how it should be!
altho the random "comedy" is like......really weird and unneeded. oh well

Last edited by MercFH; 2009-01-20 at 10:34.
Old 2009-01-24, 10:54   Link #340
Captain Wright
Back from Purgatory :3

Send a message via AIM to Captain Wright
This is epic. I'm waiting to watch 6. That's probably the episode where Alucard gets to massacre Millenium. Hopefully the deaths aren't going to be as long and drawn out as Rip's. >_>
Captain Wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, seinen