AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 12:56   Link #6041
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
We really don't deal much with pairings for the main cast in here do we?
Personally I'm toying with the idea of bucking tradition and going with a Nanoha/Arisa pairing in Comacanon. That or a Harem Route, anyways.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:57   Link #6042
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not really, no, KeroYuuno is in the gun waiting to be fired if they make NanoFate canon though.
And it has supporters already!

@Yurichan

We don't talk about that stuff here, only if it involves a fan character.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:59   Link #6043
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Keroko/Noland (unknown reason, but only because I haven't looked at this place for a long time)
Same reason every other Keroko/X pairing ever came about. Crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurichan View Post
ah i see yes I thought it was like that. So I wonder do the Nano creators look at the parodies and like say they are official or approve of them Like 7arcs for example or Tsuzuki Masaki?
I don't think they'll label a parody canon, that would defeat the purpose of a parody.

Quote:
huh? Well Nanoha is in Midchilda right now and Fate too at times. She works at the TSAB it seems.
That was a joke. What Eva meant was that this thread doesn't really write a lot of NanoFate. There are supporters of the pairing around, but everyone here is usually off writing their own things, and we kind of unanimously believe that the romance in Nanoha is ambiguous and so we never really assume any pairings, or at least never write about them seriously. We sometimes mention a pairing between two CC's on the side, but so far I haven't seen anyone seriously write about them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 12:59   Link #6044
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
ah i see yes I thought it was like that. So I wonder do the Nano creators look at the parodies and like say they are official or approve of them Like 7arcs for example or Tsuzuki Masaki?

huh? Well Nanoha is in Midchilda right now and Fate too at times. She works at the TSAB it seems.
There is only ONE TRUE PAIRING in Outer Cadia:

Hayaurion.

Purge the yuri! Destroy the NanoFate! Support the Keroland!

FOR GREAT HAYAURION!!!

That said, Yurichan, drop it. This thread is for alternative pairings.

As for OC/CC matchups, only Kha and Noland have been paired (with varying degrees of Sucesss; Noland has the Harem Effect that Kha wishes he has. That reminds me, I'm suppose to ship Noland/Rein...)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:00   Link #6045
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Personally I'm toying with the idea of bucking tradition and going with a Nanoha/Arisa pairing in Comacanon. That or a Harem Route, anyways.
Burning Arisa does need more love...

And Nanoha doesn't have a harem. She just has many, many friends that she had befriended over the years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
And it has supporters already!

Though then again that has been used (and shopped) for several pairings if I recall
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:01   Link #6046
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
That reminds me, I'm suppose to ship Noland/Rein...
*Massive spittake*

Crack indeed. I'd almost forgotten how nuts this place is when it really gets going.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:01   Link #6047
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
That said, Yurichan, drop it. This thread is for alternative pairings.
Ah, pardon me for disrupting your crusade, but no it isn't. Sure, this is the wrong thread to discuss romance between canon characters, but there is no rule stopping anyone from throwing NanoFate in their OC stories.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:01   Link #6048
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:
I don't think they'll label a parody canon, that would defeat the purpose of a parody.
I see so they look at it in a funny way. But don't say if there is a truth to it or not.

Quote:

That was a joke. What Eva meant was that this thread doesn't really write a lot of NanoFate. There are supporters of the pairing around, but everyone here is usually off writing their own things, and we kind of unanimously believe that the romance in Nanoha is ambiguous and so we never really assume any pairings, or at least never write about them seriously. We sometimes mention a pairing between two CC's on the side, but so far I haven't seen anyone seriously write about them.
thanks i get it now. no talk about relationships. But pfew i said only a few words. And it got blown up. Sjeesh seems like alot happened here. It's a hot battleground.

About costumes then. I wonder what kind of devices standard mages use. They use a device much like ragingheart.

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:02   Link #6049
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Though then again that has been used (and shopped) for several pairings if I recall
Yes, one involving Noland from Lowe (I think, sorry if I'm wrong)

and from me the some with Yuuno, Kha and Elric.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:04   Link #6050
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
what is this? there is no such relationship ?o_O?. It's not even fun.
We're a cautious bunch. We tend to stay away from romance between canon characters because we don't like to see our stories go AU.

Quote:
About costumes then. I wonder what kind of devices standard mages use. They use a device much like ragingheart.
I think you should say 'Raising Heart looks a lot like the Devices standard mages use'
Old 2009-03-31, 13:05   Link #6051
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Burning Arisa does need more love...
Burning Arisa is overdone and not very original from my perspective; it seems to be the first thing that jumps to everyone's mind when they think of Arisa as a mage. I'm doing something more like Asuna Kagurazaka; BFS for a device, field defense spells designed to soak up lots of damage, and the Mage Knight *cough*Kanka*cough* skills that Alex used to have to differentiate herself from the other Aces.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:05   Link #6052
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
*Massive spittake*

Crack indeed. I'd almost forgotten how nuts this place is when it really gets going.
And yet we keep coming back

Quote:
what is this? there is no such relationship ?o_O?. It's not even fun.
Oh, it's fun in here. Cracktastically fun

Quote:
They uses standard-issued staff-based Devices (As seen in A's and StrikerS).

Quote:

I rest my case
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:09   Link #6053
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:

Yeah, I made the first commission with:

Spoiler for This:

Then it just got bigger...
Old 2009-03-31, 13:10   Link #6054
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I see that Auris also has a hollow knobs (with shoulder plates)... *sigh*

This is really tuff figuring this out.

Maybe we should go to japan, find the guy responsible and rip all the naughty secrets from his flesh! ^.^

Meanwhile:

She looks nice in white too.

Spoiler for Big Rin is big:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Yeah, I made the first commission with:

Spoiler for This:

Then it just got bigger...
Yeah it was fun!
Old 2009-03-31, 13:11   Link #6055
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Ah, pardon me for disrupting your crusade, but no it isn't. Sure, this is the wrong thread to discuss romance between canon characters, but there is no rule stopping anyone from throwing NanoFate in their OC stories.
Pardon me for disrupting your...whatever it is you're on, but I would really like to nip this whole issue in the bud, before it starts.

If we're going to talk NanoFate, that's what FFT and Relationship Thread being used for. This is the last sane thread remaining on the Nanoha boards and I'd like to keep it that way before we get derailed into relationships...

*glances back and sees typical Cadian craziness*

Nevermind.

Quote:
thanks i get it now. no talk about relationships. But pfew i said only a few words. And it got blown up
Because as I said to Keroko, I would like to nip this issue in the bud. There are other things we can be talking about compared to "Will they won't they" "are they gay for each other or not".

Quote:
There are 2 hodgepodge standard-issue devices. The first is the RH clone, which is your bog standard device. The second is S2U, which as I understand was a standard-issue device used by Chrono (although he apparently tweaked it here and there, the same way an M4A1 issued to a Navy SEAL will invariably get a few tweaks here and there).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2009-03-31, 13:15   Link #6056
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Quote:
I think you should say 'Raising Heart looks a lot like the Devices standard mages use'
Hmm. Raising Heart/Raging Heart is an belka device which was there before the standard mage staffs.

Quote:
They uses standard-issued staff-based Devices (As seen in A's and StrikerS).
Yes though I don't look alot in the mecha stuff. So I wonder are they like copies or clones made out of the idea from Rasing Heart/Raging Heart?

Quote:
There are 2 hodgepodge standard-issue devices. The first is the RH clone, which is your bog standard device. The second is S2U, which as I understand was a standard-issue device used by Chrono (although he apparently tweaked it here and there, the same way an M4A1 issued to a Navy SEAL will invariably get a few tweaks here and there).
So they are clones then from RH that Yuuno-kun found. Interesting

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 13:17   Link #6057
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Hmm. Raising Heart/Raging Heart is an belka device which was there before the standard mage staffs.
Correction, Raising Heart is a Mid-type device and is hardly the first of its' kind.

Quote:
So I wonder are they like copies or clones made out of the idea from Rasing Heart/Raging Heart?
It's not entirely clear whether or not those "clones" are Intelligent Devices or not, but I'm inclined to think that Raising Heart is no different from those standard issue devices; they aren't based on RH, RH is based on their design. She's only special as a device because of Nanoha's modifications.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:20   Link #6058
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Well, here are the artworks for the standard GAS Barrier Jackets and Devices.
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/2362/sideb100.jpg
Old 2009-03-31, 13:20   Link #6059
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
thanks i get it now. no talk about relationships. But pfew i said only a few words. And it got blown up. Sjeesh seems like alot happened here. It's a hot battleground.
People here would prefer this thread not give birth to yet another NanoFate debate. It's okay to write a story about it, just... don't try to claim it's canon and turn it into a debate.

Quote:
She looks nice in white too.

Spoiler for Big Rin is big:
Om nom, tasty indeed.

Quote:
Pardon me for disrupting your...whatever it is you're on, but I would really like to nip this whole issue in the bud, before it starts.

If we're going to talk NanoFate, that's what FFT and Relationship Thread being used for. This is the last sane thread remaining on the Nanoha boards and I'd like to keep it that way before we get derailed into relationships...

*glances back and sees typical Cadian craziness*

Nevermind.
Hehe. Cadia. Sane. Hehe.

Well, it was the tone you raised, as if you forbade NanoFate from being written in this thread. I agree that this is hardly the place to debate its canonicity, but if someone wants NanoFate in his or her OC story, they can.
Old 2009-03-31, 13:22   Link #6060
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

To expand further on what Comar was saying, RH is basically the same as the grunt devices that are in abundance. The differences are that RH is equipped with an AI and the OS of an Intelligent Device, with Nanoha's modifications, versus your normal devices that have no AI and no mods.

The difference between a basic M4A1 and a SOPMOD M4A1, if you will.

@Kero: I have no issue with someone wanting to write Nano/Fate. Hell, I did a NanoFate story a while back, FFS. My intro for Team Gibbs involves NanoFate. (Albeit of the not so pleasant kind.) But for fuck's sake, this is not the place for NanoFate discussion.

Now that that's clear, I'm going to go sleep. I have to be up in 4 hours. And with my luck I'll wake up to find myself tempbanned again.

*goes to sleep, tiredly bitterly frustrated with life, Nanoha fandom, work and younger brothers who burn all his meager savings and parents who keep hounding him to spend more on his car and do it up when he's flat broke*

I believe in miracles.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content