AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-09, 03:48   Link #781
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The manga did transfer the Battler-Jessica scene to the boat. I'd like some of the few details in the airport scene to be included too, but if they can flawlessly transfer them to the boat, it would save them time. I'd particularly like them to show
Spoiler for minor scene:

I'm also interested on how they are going to do the very first scene. The manga was too brief, so I hope they'd give a little bit more time on that part.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 05:40   Link #782
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I suppose the initial scene will only take a couple of minutes. For instance they might as well skip the whole part about
Spoiler for not that relevant fact about Battler but still kept under spoilers :P:
, or simply quickly talk about it since it's not that relevant of a fact.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 11:25   Link #783
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I'm also interested on how they are going to do the very first scene. The manga was too brief, so I hope they'd give a little bit more time on that part.
I suppose they will follow in the same steps as the Higurashi Anime and cut it into a small scene to set up the mood.
Thus I think it will be quite similar to the Manga, if not shorter.
Spoiler for Very first novel-scene:
chounokoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 11:40   Link #784
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
I suppose they will follow in the same steps as the Higurashi Anime and cut it into a small scene to set up the mood.
Thus I think it will be quite similar to the Manga, if not shorter.
Spoiler for Very first novel-scene:
Yeah they did that scene in the manga too, before the boat scene. I'm sure they will, since that scene sets the premise for the airport scene and so on.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 15:45   Link #785
Avisch
Reality Blender

We probably won't get it. But for the first episode it would be great if instead of the regular opening they used Dai's "Ride On" like in the game.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 16:40   Link #786
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Oh I love "Ride On"! It would be great if they used that music.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-09, 23:25   Link #787
Saerianne
*cackle*

I don't like the art style so far, and I think it's because I've grown too adapt to the game's graphics. XD
It's inevitable that they're going to cut scenes out of the anime, but is anyone else concerned that they're going to cut too much out?
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 01:08   Link #788
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

You'll get used to the art. I agree that while not the best, the game art grows on you though.

As for cutting out, I believe they've learned their lesson in Higurashi. I'm also thinking they might have more involvement with Ryukishi-san this time so they'll know what parts NOT to cut out. Dai-san's involvement is one of the evidences that they are really careful about this.
Old 2009-06-10, 01:17   Link #789
Fujikira
Sharp Dressed Symmetry

The actual # of episodes hasn't been stated, and since Ryukishi is more involved in this I would expect much less cut out compared what to happened with Higurashi. I don't see how they can use a 26 episode first season style concerning the high amount of mateiral that has to be covered that if cut could cause alot choppy points for the series.

I would expect the first season alone to be 30 some odd episodes alone to get the entire VN details covered, without having to deal with cut outs.
Fujikira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:15   Link #790
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujikira View Post
I would expect the first season alone to be 30 some odd episodes alone to get the entire VN details covered, without having to deal with cut outs.
It doesn't work like that, anime airs in cours of 13 so expect 26 episodes at best, 24 at worst if it goes for 2 cours. Seriously I think some of you people expect the intro of Game 2 (talk about zzzzzz) to be like one episode alone... lol f that. Besides if Ryukishi is involved they can cut the fat from a lot of scenes that have no real impact on the show, like the airport scene.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:20   Link #791
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It doesn't work like that, anime airs in cours of 13 so expect 26 episodes at best, 24 at worst if it goes for 2 cours. Seriously I think some of you people expect the intro of Game 2 (talk about zzzzzz) to be like one episode alone... lol f that. Besides if Ryukishi is involved they can cut the fat from a lot of scenes that have no real impact on the show, like the airport scene.
...Except a lot of those scenes probably do have a large impact on the show. Knowing Ryuukishi, he's hid little things everywhere that won't seem important until the answer arcs, which haven't been written. While it might not always make for the perfect flow in an anime, they could get themselves in some real trouble if they cut things just because they don't seem important at the time.

One of the best parts of Higurashi was how seemingly innocent, boring scenes held clues that wouldn't be unraveled until much later. Sadly, pretty much all of these were lacking in the anime version.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:23   Link #792
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This is the very same reason why Tatarigoroshi and Tsumihoroboshi didn't deliver the same feelings and conveyed message, just because "few unimportant things were cut off".

Even though everything cannot be kept, it is reckless to claim some things are totally useless, especially if it is related to character backstory.
The airport scene, for instance, gives a lot of vibes and quick introduction to most characters (and I'm sure few things wouldn't make any sense if some characters "specialty" aren't even mentioned).

That's like Satoshi's "mu" and other stuff like this (hahaha, colorblind was useless, DEEN? Minagoroshi begs to differ -_-)
Old 2009-06-10, 02:47   Link #793
chronotrig

The anime's ending theme has been announced.
"la divina tragedia〜魔曲〜"

Artist is じまんぐ (Jimang).

Sounds like a CD will be out 9/16

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page

Last edited by chronotrig; 2009-06-10 at 03:02.
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:47   Link #794
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm curious as to why both of you ignored that I said "Besides if Ryukishi is involved" before the cutting the fat comment? You're acting like I want DEEN to chop and cut at their discretion. Far from it... Btw isn't Ryukishi in charge of the manga which skipped the airport scene... if anyone knows which scenes to skip/shorten it's Ryukishi
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:55   Link #795
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'm curious as to why both of you ignored that I said "Besides if Ryukishi is involved" before the cutting the fat comment? You're acting like I want DEEN to chop and cut at their discretion. Far from it... Btw isn't Ryukishi in charge of the manga which skipped the airport scene... if anyone knows which scenes to skip/shorten it's Ryukishi
That is because your post is split into 2 distinct part. "ZZZZ" ? " f that" ? I'm sorry but we were shown the same kind of backstory for the final pieces in Matsuribayashi and these were important even for the lessen part of them. I certainly don't see an introduction as long as a whole episode, but it cannot be skipped and require arguably enough room to elaborate the backstory of some characters.

And again, you failed to see the point: How can you pretend that the airport has no impact? Episode 4 has shown a very specific matter that is important, but "whatever".

In the case Ryukishi is taking part actively in the anime production, you are implying Ryukishi is having full control over the scenario and storyboard, which is rarely to "never be the case" in anime in general.
Unless rare instances such like Shouji Gatou for FMP, the general idea is that the author can support/give some guidance for the scripters, but that's that. It is obvious he can start saying "that cannot be removed etc", but that absolutely doesn't mean the scripters will follow all of his directives.

And remember that manga are even more restricted in term of drawing AND publishers/editors policies. Regardless the mangaka/author wishes, if the editors are staunch to shrink something, the former will have to abide to that.

Besides, the manga had a prologue which has shown various used AND unused koma for the first chapter (when battler meets for the first time Jessica, for example). That proves pretty well that they planned it first but scrapped it afterwards.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2009-06-10 at 06:17.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 02:59   Link #796
Saerianne
*cackle*

I did hear a RUMOR that there was a confirmed 13 episodes. I'm hoping it's a starting place, or not real at all.
I'm hyped to hear the new opening. It would have been good if they used the original, but it'll be interesting to see what they use.
Saerianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 03:13   Link #797
Mi-Delta

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
The anime's ending theme has been announced.
"la divina tragedia〜魔曲〜"

Artist is じまんぐ (Jimang).

Sounds like a CD will be out 9/16
Jimang from Sound Horizon? SWEET!
Mi-Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 07:39   Link #798
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

"The Divine Tragedy" brilliant title XD

See here for the distinction between tragedy and comedy:
http://wsu.edu/~dee/GREECE/DRAMA.HTM

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 08:13   Link #799
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saerianne View Post
I did hear a RUMOR that there was a confirmed 13 episodes. I'm hoping it's a starting place, or not real at all.
I'm hyped to hear the new opening. It would have been good if they used the original, but it'll be interesting to see what they use.
ANN has 13 confirmed episodes, but that doesn't dictate how many episodes they are actually airing. 13 episodes can only cover EP1 and EP2. Ending at EP2 also creates an awkward anime season ender IMO.
Old 2009-06-10, 09:57   Link #800
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Actually I think it may be possible to end with at least episode 3. The way episode 3 ended does give sort of a cliffhanger, and the first parts of episode 4 don't necessarily require to be presented straight after.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote