AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-06-01, 02:57   Link #681
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
listened to the full version of Pure Pure Heart and i say its very very good
Old 2010-06-01, 09:04   Link #682
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Ahh, I really like both songs again. (*´∇`*)

Turns out I'm buying all the music singles except the chara songs and OSTs. Yay for band scores.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
www.amazon.co.jp if you can't find it anywhere else (their shipping costs are outrageous). Have some skill in Japanese (or at least cutting and pasting in it) to search for items (even when you select the English option).
Actually, you might be able to search in English if you're too lazy to look up the runes. I generally do this with artists.

Or it looks like it'll take romanji. keion → 関連サーチ: けいおん
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
yesasia and Play-Asia tend to be the most expensive, they operate out of Hong Kong.

amazon.co.jp is generally the cheapest but they only ship certain things out of Japan.
Yeah, YesAsia is horribly expensive. I was checking something out with a fellow Canadian.

HMV: 4DVDs w/multi-buy + shipping + custom fee = 263$
YesAsia: Same DVDs + free shipping + possibly no fee = 296$
And she's mentioned how it often takes quite a while for her order to arrive from YesAsia at times. Canadian customs (ry

The thing you have to keep in mind when ordering from these places online is the quantity and how they ship. Mind you, I don't really want to use SAL for my precious CDs and magazines.
  • Amazon's shipping only looks crazy if you're buying a small amount. Generally, at least 8 items are what you're gunning for so that the prices don't seem too insane. The awesome thing is that they don't base S&H off weight, so if you're getting heavier items [BD box sets, photobooks], something like at least 6 items seems to be okay.
  • HMV is generally the same price as Amazon and they usually have a bunch of random deals on at the same time. They only use EMS for International orders, so only use them if you're getting a few items. The nice thing with HMV is you have the option to check how much the real cost of S&H is before they actually ship it to you when you're ordering. If it turns out to be more expensive than say ordering the same stuff off Amazon, you can cancel the order right there.
  • CDJapan is the popular one I haven't used yet. I like how they tell you when First Press/Limited Edition is still available in case something you want has extra goods. They also have the option to use SAL, I believe. A friend in Malaysia has complained to me how her orders with magazines/posters sometimes look wrecked.... But my letter there also never arrived.
  • YesAsia has that free shipping over 40$ thing. Don't know much about them. Maybe if you're getting a BD or DVD that's over 40$? lol.
And for any poor Canadian soul out there, I don't think I've ever gotten a custom fee using SAL for other orders. Actually, I didn't get custom fee'd using EMS for something under 2k yen....

Feels awesome when I spend around 650$ on something with S&H and then get fee'd 120$ on top of that. ._.;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 11:43   Link #683
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Is the second track a rock version of their school song?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 14:50   Link #684
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Turns out I'm buying all the music singles except the chara songs and OSTs. Yay for band scores.Actually, you might be able to search in English if you're too lazy to look up the runes. I generally do this with artists.

Or it looks like it'll take romanji. keion → 関連サーチ: けいおん
Yeah, YesAsia is horribly expensive. I was checking something out with a fellow Canadian.
Ah, interesting -- they've improved it. It used to just throw up with english or romaji in the search fields (when I was doing searches a few years ago before just using japanese search terms).
Old 2010-06-01, 15:15   Link #685
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is the second track a rock version of their school song?
To put it short, yes.
Old 2010-06-01, 15:38   Link #686
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

What is the long version?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 19:06   Link #687
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
www.cdjapan.co.jp is an excellent site for CDs and region 2 (Japan region code) DVDs.

www.nippon-export.com is great at hunting stuff down that may be harder to find.

www.amazon.co.jp if you can't find it anywhere else (their shipping costs are outrageous). Have some skill in Japanese (or at least cutting and pasting in it) to search for items (even when you select the English option).
thank you!
Old 2010-06-01, 19:38   Link #688
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
To put it short, yes.
What the heck lol! You know schools can sue the students for messing with their school songs!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 21:05   Link #689
[T]ensio[N]
Moe Moe Kyun~ <3

well the previous link helps out a lot but i would love the stuff in english
help?
Old 2010-06-02, 21:51   Link #690
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Got around to listening to the full version of "Pure Pure Heart". While I do love the song to bits, it took me longer to fully appreciate the full version than "Go Go Maniac!" and "Listen!" because it felt as though the guitar solos were simply tacked on for the sake of having a solo or two. As much as I love my guitar solos, they didn't really fit in that much here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
What the heck lol! You know schools can sue the students for messing with their school songs!
Four syllables: Kira Kira.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 05:23   Link #691
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Got around to listening to the full version of "Pure Pure Heart". While I do love the song to bits, it took me longer to fully appreciate the full version than "Go Go Maniac!" and "Listen!" because it felt as though the guitar solos were simply tacked on for the sake of having a solo or two. As much as I love my guitar solos, they didn't really fit in that much here.
Ah good to hear that because I thought that I was the only one who thought the guitar solos in Pure Pure Heart wasn't all that special and seemed kind of made up without any thought. I still love the song though, it's my favorite so far.
Old 2010-06-03, 10:13   Link #692
krko
The Movie is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
Pure Pure Heart's entire album has already been leaked with the instrumental versions omitting each instrument. Who leaks these things? They need to get some control.

On another note, I found the Side-B to be amusing simply because I hadn't realized it was the school song. Side-A is superb for me and really a joy to play along to with the instrumentals.
I'm not sure, but I read somewhere that companies sometimes intentionally leak releases and allow sales before release date if only to boost the day one sales (One of the most looked at stats for success).
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 11:05   Link #693
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Any word on when the OST of Season 2 will be out?

Loved the piece of music in Episode 7 at 13:30 and wanna get my hands on it, heh.
Old 2010-06-03, 19:26   Link #694
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
I'm amazed. I actually did not like Pure Pure Heart as much as I thought I would
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 20:02   Link #695
Moogie
quick scopes anyone?

wow when I first heard pure pure heart i was amazed, but then the sakuragaoka high school song came up and blew my mind.
Moogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 07:15   Link #696
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

anyone know the BGM from the K-ON special 5 where they're stranded on the beach? I don't think its been released in the first OST yet. hmmm

thanks.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 09:58   Link #697
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
Ah good to hear that because I thought that I was the only one who thought the guitar solos in Pure Pure Heart wasn't all that special and seemed kind of made up without any thought. I still love the song though, it's my favorite so far.
Similar with what I raised earlier. Strangely enough, the guitar parts in the leaked version doesn't drown out the keyboard that much compared to the anime version, so I guess it's an improvement.

When it's a rock version of a school anthem, I was expecting something solemn, having known Top Gun Anthem and a rock version of my college hymn. But I then again that's not HTT's style. Oh well.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-04, 15:00   Link #698
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
anyone know the BGM from the K-ON special 5 where they're stranded on the beach? I don't think its been released in the first OST yet. hmmm

thanks.
Yes it's called "Patrol of Stroll". It's track #27 on the K-ON! OST.
Old 2010-06-04, 15:55   Link #699
Takuto19
Yarrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
wow when I first heard pure pure heart i was amazed, but then the sakuragaoka high school song came up and blew my mind.
I got a big surprise with Sakuragaoka too, I love Pure Pure Heart but this ones just as good.
Old 2010-06-05, 05:45   Link #700
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
Yes it's called "Patrol of Stroll". It's track #27 on the K-ON! OST.
ah thanks!

Another question, whats the BGM called from the beginning of episode 4 when they were at the beach?

Thanks.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote