AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 113 Rating
Perfect 10 50 45.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 25.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 11.93%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 5.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.92%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-31, 07:53   Link #661
rafael1932
claymores pimp

If they are zombiefied then they are not able to use their special abilities and that would be lame after listening their names and be wondering what they are. I preety sure that everyone wants to see new abilities specialty when they are used by those yoki monsters. Jesus just imagine a raftela power like even with more yoki power, it could turn a claymore into a puppet. I would accept them without memories at all so they would have new personalities ( this would take time) giving the edge to the mibs in order to control them.
Old 2011-03-31, 08:09   Link #662
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

Even the AF still used their special powers... acute sensing, uber regen and extra strong attack... all they lacked was a, what we call in claymore, "a sense of self". Therefore Im inclined to think even if they are controlled zombies, they would still use whatever unique abilities they used to have... though technically speaking abilities are tied in with memories... wonder how much the whole process would be working... well this is just a spec. I could be wrong and we might actually have previous no.1 revived fully with memory and souls... (though wouldn't this put the org in trouble? as they were purged due to their disobedience or rebellion against the org in the first place )
Old 2011-03-31, 12:54   Link #663
Gooral
Banned

While writing sth about Raki and reading chapter 81st one line has brought my attention. Raki said that he tried asking about Clare many Claymores but no one knew anything (or didn't want to tell him). So we know that many warriors knew him and when he was brought in they might have thought it was because he was sticking his nose where it didn't belong (unless MiB secretly smuggled him). Also it means that many Claymores are familiar with Clare's name and probably her deeds before she parted with Raki. So maybe someone started digging information about her in the archives (I wouldn't be surprised if such information weren't sealed since for example Teresa was well known as being the "legendary warrior", Galatea knew about Agatha, Miria about Riguald, etc.) and stumbled upon sth that would give Miria's story more credibility.
Old 2011-03-31, 13:46   Link #664
haegar
mangaviking

it is doubtfull that all of them talked as long with him as Renee did, and even she was very crisp, had she not been shocked by him running around with Prissy the conversation would have been much shorter. Some boy asking about the last number is not something warriors would remember as an event of tremendous importance? And even if so, he might have talked to two others, or to ten, I doubt it were all to many though - they are asigned to regions, so unless there were hunting teams he would not have had the chance to meet many of them at one place ... being human he can only travel so fast to a place a claymore is rumored to be ... furthermore, the notion that they would investigate #47 clare just cause some human asked for her is even further a stretch eh?! I mean who of the warriors would risk her neck diggin into forbidden archives for some boy from the street asking after some long dead last number?
Old 2011-03-31, 15:25   Link #665
Gooral
Banned

According to gernot's translation he met "many warriors" so I doubt it's just two. And an armed human asking about a specific Claymore is extremely odd if you ask me. He also surely asked them to deliver his message if they met her and since Claymores are honourable by default they would either tell him directly they won't do it or agree. Those who would agree wouldn't forget it and I wouldn't be surprised if they asked about her or looked in the archives (I assume they have some free time so why not spend it on this?). And since somehow Galatea, Miria and even trainees knew about Claymores from previous generation I think it's not unreasonable to assume they have free access to this kind of information (especially when it would come to the weakest warriors / failed projects). What's more, there were high chances he met groups of Claymores since as we've seen for some time they've only travelled in groups (Renee being an exception). So even if one of them would ignore him I doubt all of them would and even if all of them did if there was someone like Helen among them she sure as hell would gossip about it in HQ, talking about her odd encounter and spreading the word.

I agree it's not likely but it would make Miria's rebellion a bit more convincing IMO.
Old 2011-03-31, 15:51   Link #666
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
@irvinethearcher

I think the difference in power scale is quite obvious, which is why Raf/Lucy was able to lure in Claire. Simple analogy is the demo given about the yoki manipulation by Gala and the turtle AB in Pieta. Therefore the higher the level of the being, the more it can do in terms of yoki manipulation and such.... (I also assume Raf has some special training in soul sync and such which get ampd up in her AB state).

But the connection Raf has with Claire in terms of same yoki fusion is quite interesting... though I don't see how this could create a connection between them...

The only two links I can think of are Teresa and Rubel. However like you said imo aswell this was one of the most awesome scenes (as I saw Claire in her uber form unleashing QS )
It is obvious that raciella could easily manipulate clare's little yoki.
BUT how the hell did she find clare's yoki? Clare was in stealth mode.
Therefore it wasn't yoki alignmen/manipulation. This was something different.
Soul Link? Or was it something inside clare which lead her to the sisters and the sister weren't even involved?
Old 2011-03-31, 18:25   Link #667
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by An4rchy99 View Post
Even the AF still used their special powers... acute sensing, uber regen and extra strong attack... all they lacked was a, what we call in claymore, "a sense of self". Therefore Im inclined to think even if they are controlled zombies, they would still use whatever unique abilities they used to have... though technically speaking abilities are tied in with memories... wonder how much the whole process would be working... well this is just a spec. I could be wrong and we might actually have previous no.1 revived fully with memory and souls... (though wouldn't this put the org in trouble? as they were purged due to their disobedience or rebellion against the org in the first place )
The AF are awakened being and the abilities are not special because all awakened gain that when they pass the limit (Like helen said about the lion king that he could regenerate despite being an offensive type)but I know where you want to go. There is a big question on that AF. Lets see they have awakened ( they eat abyssal and humans that are between them) and they still obey to humans ( mib) – and don’t eat the mib. so maybe it is this type off control that they may use against those new numbers 1. I think the term that the mib used was revival so it is lame if they come zombiefied. One thing I can give is if they come zombified they may use the special abilities as instinct – never thought about this. You have right, if they don’t control the claymores ( numbers 1) they will be killed ( mib). I before thought that miria would convert them like she have done with those new ones – more 1 reason for them to have them controlled.

I real hope that yagi explain how they control these AF without them to eat those mib because it’s a given that some of them might have eaten humans and them return near the mibs and they don’t hurt them ( AF eat everything that moves)

Edit: Damn I reread those 2 chapters and it does not talk about revival, only that corpses should stay corpses and the numbers 1 are going to move.

Last edited by rafael1932; 2011-03-31 at 18:38.
Old 2011-03-31, 21:02   Link #668
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Just gotta say, wow... so many fake spoilers of ch 114 on Baidu it's not even funny. Oh wait, it is funny... since the fools think there will be a chapter this week. Can't they read the first post on the Baidu saying there will be no chapter until late April or do they just not care

Too bad we can't post them here, though I can't make heads or tails of half of them so it's pointless anyways.
Old 2011-03-31, 21:04   Link #669
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

@irvinethearcher

Its most likely soul link, as we know that this was a skill in which Raf specializes. Hmmm maybe it could have been Teresa's yoki that was reacting and was trying to connect.

@Gooral

Well its is interesting to imagine that Raki was somehow involved in making claymores curious about this last digit from previous gen. I also agree to one thing in this. Since Renee agreed to pass her the msg, it is quite possible that other warriors also might have offered to help. However remember here that most claymores are very known to reject or treat lower (esp the lowest) like dirt. So as soon as claymores realized Raki was asking about dead last they wouldn't be too keen to even bother unless someone has already found some intriguing information about her. On the other hand claymore's hearing about phatom Miria is very likely as she was quite infamous even during her times as well. (and remember there could always be claymores who are like Miria in every generation who are very curious and question decisions...)

@rafael

lol, that is one big mystery and I really doubt Yagi is ever going to explain about AF now. Maybe, just maybe about no.1's but sometimes I find Yagi leaves too many mysteries unsolved
Old 2011-04-01, 00:45   Link #670
Gooral
Banned

@An4rchy99
Sure, but why would you assume that Raki would mention she was dead last? He saw how badly treated she was once Miria, Helen and Deneve knew about it so I think he would left this piece of information out. And once a Claymore would start digging besides that information he could read about her defeating male AB and awakened Ophelia and her being very special (unless it was all sealed). What's more, if he would really ask many warriors, once they would start gossiping it would come out how many of them met him too and that could certainly draw their attention.

Edit:
I stand corrected, I've forgotten that Raki is an idiot and he really was asking about Clare mentioning she was dead last.

As for Miria, if anything MiB would have reasons to seal information about her since she could have been a bad example for other Claymores. And let's be honest, she was an above average Claymore at best. Between her and Ophelia was a humongous gap and even she knew it. So if she was known then why not Jean, Flora or Deneve even? Furthermore, Miria wasn't exactly bragging about finding out the biggest secret of the organization so I don't see how Claymores would know about her rebellious nature unless they could access the archives about Claymores from previous generations.

Last edited by Gooral; 2011-04-01 at 01:11.
Old 2011-04-01, 08:46   Link #671
MalakTawus

Today is April 1 and not even a crazy (and fake) spoiler has appeared,strange......
Old 2011-04-01, 11:04   Link #672
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
Today is April 1 and not even a crazy (and fake) spoiler has appeared,strange......
cause as last year AS is runnin the no april fools policy ...
Old 2011-04-01, 12:05   Link #673
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by haegar View Post
cause as last year AS is runnin the no april fools policy ...
What is the policy this year? Because I found a very funny fake ch 114 spoiler pic. I can still post it as long as I list it as clearly fake, right?
Old 2011-04-01, 12:09   Link #674
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

I hope we get an actual double sized chapter, and not one of those Double issues, that's one normal sized magazine for two months.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:53   Link #675
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
What is the policy this year? Because I found a very funny fake ch 114 spoiler pic. I can still post it as long as I list it as clearly fake, right?
The way I understood it it's not allowed but you could ask Nightwish to be sure.
Old 2011-04-01, 13:11   Link #676
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Well, I did some further digging and it's not a ch 114 April fools joke but a rewrite of the second half of the story by stealing panels and editing them like crazy. It has about 15 pages worth of pages on baidu (so about a hundred pages in all) of someone editing panels of Claymore to rewrite the story. It's been going on since May last year.

Since I can't a pic of it or post the link I'll give a general description of what I gathered from just looking at it. First off there is 3 parts.

Part 1 (the bulk of it)
Spoiler for spoilers... encase someone rather not read it:

part 2

Part 3

I'll send the link to anyone who asks but please realize my PM box is all but full at the moment so VM and I'll PM you back

EDIT: Since it's now officially not an April fools joke but an ongoing redo of the series do you think I'm allowed to post one or two spoiler pics of it? or is that against some other rule I'm not aware of
EDIT 2:Totally forgot... The link is on one of the other two forums I post at regularly too (the main of the other two, aka the one without HK). So if you know it you don't need to ask for the link, just go there and get it... another user here found it that way and he seemed to have really liked it. (hint: MisterJB, Haegar, and Gooral know of the site I'm referring to, so since I'm about to go out for the night you can ask them for the forum I'm referring to if they're around and I'm not. It's not right to volunteer them if I can do it if I'm around (not lurking) and can do it... )

Last edited by Ryus; 2011-04-01 at 14:32.
Old 2011-04-01, 16:10   Link #677
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Well, we can make our own half-assed guesses at what will happen.
Like Miria and Tabitha's reunion. My guess, Tabitha get's mad, and slaps Miria. Then when Miria apologizes for betraying her as a captian, Tabitha will reveal that she doesn't see Miria as a captain, then grab her and kiss her. Then they make out for a while.
Or more likely the remaining ghosts, Dee, and Ana's team will show up just in time to make a save against at least one of the re-animated #1s. But I like my version better.
Old 2011-04-02, 01:37   Link #678
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Well, we can make our own half-assed guesses at what will happen.
Like Miria and Tabitha's reunion. My guess, Tabitha get's mad, and slaps Miria. Then when Miria apologizes for betraying her as a captian, Tabitha will reveal that she doesn't see Miria as a captain, then grab her and kiss her. Then they make out for a while.
Or more likely the remaining ghosts, Dee, and Ana's team will show up just in time to make a save against at least one of the re-animated #1s. But I like my version better.
Now that would be something............? But seriously doubt it.
Old 2011-04-02, 07:22   Link #679
SpiritOfGray
Karateka

I hate to say it, but I really think it's time for some deaths. I was rewatching the anime a bit recently, and it reminded me of the helpless feeling I would get from the characters while they were facing their enemies. That was a reoccurring feeling in Claymore; Priscilla walking past Clare, the fight with Ophelia, Battle with Riful, War in the North...

I remember being extremely happy when Cynthia survived being chopped in half, but now I'm starting to get a sense of plot armor instead of fear for my favs.
Old 2011-04-02, 07:33   Link #680
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritOfGray View Post
I hate to say it, but I really think it's time for some deaths. I was rewatching the anime a bit recently, and it reminded me of the helpless feeling I would get from the characters while they were facing their enemies. That was a reoccurring feeling in Claymore; Priscilla walking past Clare, the fight with Ophelia, Battle with Riful, War in the North...

I remember being extremely happy when Cynthia survived being chopped in half, but now I'm starting to get a sense of plot armor instead of fear for my favs.
...but then Clare got her power ups, lol