Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-11, 11:51   Link #121
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Good god man just import it from Playasia for like $50. You can also pick up Catherine for about $60. Why wait and pay more? The only time I buy games from shops in Aus is if it comes out the same time as everywhere else.. and even than i try and get the $80 sales from whereever like JBHIFI.
I'm already quite a frequent customer of PlayAsia and I do like how the games are generally cheaper and the rare games are easier to find. One thing I did not like is that downloading DLC is useless and I was oblivious to it. I bought DLC for Blazblue and was I disappointed that it didn't work because mine's NTSC region DVD. I guess there are more pros than con to buy in PlayAsia but still I would wait for Disgaea for a long time until the PAL version drops the price. However I guess I would pick up Catherine after all and another game I'm looking forward to.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 19:59   Link #122
EdenB
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I'm already quite a frequent customer of PlayAsia and I do like how the games are generally cheaper and the rare games are easier to find. One thing I did not like is that downloading DLC is useless and I was oblivious to it.
I'm also in a PAL region with a UK PS3. It is possible to get content from the US store though. I've downloaded a demo and a free game before.

You need to make a US address account. There are problems using most credit/debit cards though since it usually checks the address on your US PSN account address with the address on your card. You can use US Network cards, which you can buy online from here. I've heard this place recommended, since it's not vastly overpriced like play-asia's cards and they send it to you by e-mail.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 21:36   Link #123
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I give up...I had a small debate over this game's graphic. He said something along the line of "there's no difference between this and D3!"

Seriously, how can one be so blind? @_@

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-11, 23:27   Link #124
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Betcha his TV isn't bigger than 20 inches.
Old 2011-09-12, 06:45   Link #125
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
I'm already quite a frequent customer of PlayAsia and I do like how the games are generally cheaper and the rare games are easier to find. One thing I did not like is that downloading DLC is useless and I was oblivious to it. I bought DLC for Blazblue and was I disappointed that it didn't work because mine's NTSC region DVD. I guess there are more pros than con to buy in PlayAsia but still I would wait for Disgaea for a long time until the PAL version drops the price. However I guess I would pick up Catherine after all and another game I'm looking forward to.
Just make an American account (just google an American address) and buy USA PSN cards off PlayAsia or wherever is cheaper. Right now they're selling $50 USA PSN Cards for $59.71 AUS. And IIRC American DLC prices are much cheaper than our Australian store. Blazblue DLC characters were like $5 with tax compared to $7.95, not to mention the money you save from buying the American version of Disgaea 4 @ $50 as opposed to $100 here.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:52   Link #126
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdenB View Post
You need to make a US address account. There are problems using most credit/debit cards though since it usually checks the address on your US PSN account address with the address on your card. You can use US Network cards, which you can buy online from here. I've heard this place recommended, since it's not vastly overpriced like play-asia's cards and they send it to you by e-mail.
Thanks I'll look at the site. I haven't even considered looking to get US Account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Just make an American account (just google an American address) and buy USA PSN cards off PlayAsia or wherever is cheaper. Right now they're selling $50 USA PSN Cards for $59.71 AUS. And IIRC American DLC prices are much cheaper than our Australian store. Blazblue DLC characters were like $5 with tax compared to $7.95, not to mention the money you save from buying the American version of Disgaea 4 @ $50 as opposed to $100 here.
I think I shall definitely look up on that even though it's a bit risky. Right now I have a good excuse why I'm not buying it yet. Too busy with the projects.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:03   Link #127
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Had just finished chapter 1...Valvatorez is so cool! I mean, the story is still wacky as before, but I don't know He and Fenrich make it as if the whole story is serious and cool

Old 2011-09-23, 12:37   Link #128
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Dont miss out guys, HD Asagi is now avaiable for free download

Well, since monday actually...
Old 2011-09-25, 01:31   Link #129
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Finally finished this game. Seriously, this one of the best Disgaea I've ever played since 1.

All those new features are awesome, and I'm also glad that they decided to nerf a bit for grinding methods. It makes the game a bit more difficult but it also makes playtime longer. And also..all those stages! Are there even any normal stages in this game? Many of them require fiddling around with geoblock or many other instance where we need to grind much so that we can finish the stage I think this is also the most difficult Disgaea in terms of story stage difficulty

btw, Valvatore and Artina ;__; Valvatore is probably the most..sane protagonist in disgaea series Well, I forgot that Adell is more sane than him (SARDIINEESSS) But I still think that he's the best protag with all his speeches and leadership abilities.

Old 2011-09-25, 08:06   Link #130
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Guh. I want to play too, but waiting for a cheap used one before buying XD. Well, the complaint I have with all NIS strategy game is the massive grinding needed to complete the game. Is it the same with this one?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 08:21   Link #131
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Guh. I want to play too, but waiting for a cheap used one before buying XD. Well, the complaint I have with all NIS strategy game is the massive grinding needed to complete the game. Is it the same with this one?
The truly insane grinding doesn't really come into play before the post game. The main story doesn't have that much of it. (That's not to say you'll never have to grind in the main story, but it's not too excessive. You can generally get through the story without having to stop to grind too often, and even when you do need to grind, it'll usually go quickly enough as long as you know the best stages to do it on... The second stage in chapter 3 seems to be considered the best one through the majority of the story-mode.)

So anyway, I recently learned that one of the stores near where I live sells imported games... So I decided to ask them to import the US version of Disgaea 4... Then it turned out that they had already ordered it. They finally got it in stock two days ago, and I pretty much stormed over to pick it up immediately.

...And then I spent basically the entire rest of the day and like half of the day after just playing Disgaea 4. Good God this game is addictive. I'm up to chapter 6 now, and so far, I can't think of a single thing that bothers me about it. I think this might just be my favourite game in the series.
Old 2011-09-25, 08:34   Link #132
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, the problem is I'm a little obsessive compulsive in term of completing a game, that is I usually either beat the game completely with all the secret or end up not beating it at all. With the lack of time I have nowadays, I've been telling myself to just play it normally and leave the secret alone, but somehow I've been unsuccessful at it. Well, it's not like I will end up not buying it even if the game a little grindy anyway, I'm just curious whether it's still as grindy, or even more grindy than Disgaea 1 and 2.
Old 2011-09-25, 08:52   Link #133
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Well, the problem is I'm a little obsessive compulsive in term of completing a game, that is I usually either beat the game completely with all the secret or end up not beating it at all. With the lack of time I have nowadays, I've been telling myself to just play it normally and leave the secret alone, but somehow I've been unsuccessful at it. Well, it's not like I will end up not buying it even if the game a little grindy anyway, I'm just curious whether it's still as grindy, or even more grindy than Disgaea 1 and 2.
Well, seeing how I'm still only halfway through the main plot I can't really say anything for sure, but I'd assume it's still as grindy, yeah.
Old 2011-09-25, 13:29   Link #134
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Equips>Level.

Just you guys wait until I complete my semiPerfect Legendary Prinny Staff.
Old 2011-09-25, 20:58   Link #135
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

But to level up your equip, you need to farm a lot too xD. In fact, that's the most time consuming part of nis games isn't it?
Old 2011-09-25, 22:56   Link #136
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I've heard that duping your items are much easier in this game. Grinding exp in early post-game is harder than D3 thugh IMO.
...Though I've also heard that the requirement to open land of carnage is...hard in this game.

Old 2011-09-25, 23:58   Link #137
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Can definitely sink a lot of times. Go around leveling up everyone's weapons, character world, pirate ships, and everything else . This is definitely the kind of game where you sink so much time into it that the game was completely worth getting.
Old 2011-09-26, 04:07   Link #138
drsypher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I've heard that duping your items are much easier in this game. Grinding exp in early post-game is harder than D3 thugh IMO.
...Though I've also heard that the requirement to open land of carnage is...hard in this game.
Duping is easy for now, yeah. It involves exploiting a glitch, which they'll probably patch soon. Duping in the same manner as D3, however, is much, much harder and more annoying. It took me ~10 hours to just set it up for myself. Unfortunately, the glitch wasn't discovered until after I spent all that time resetting.
And yeah, unlocking the LoC is a pain this time around... unless you get really, really lucky.

As for the game itself, I'm really loving it a LOT. Valvatorez is awesome as is the rest of the cast (though, I admit I'm not too fond of Fenrich), and I had a blast going through the main story and post game. Right now I'm doing all the grindy work trying to max out some characters (which I've never done in any of the other Disgaea games), but I'm still having fun. In fact, I'm having such a good time playing this game, I'm thinking about trying to go and get the platinum trophy, which I've never done before. That should be... fun.
drsypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 04:13   Link #139
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I've heard that duping your items are much easier in this game.
More specifically, someone recently discovered a method of duping one's perfected items with next to no effort. (Well, beyond the efforts required to make a perfect item, obviously...)

Spoiler for Just in case you DON'T want to know it...:

Considering the insane amount of effort required to even create a perfect item in the first place, I must say this trick does sound incredibly appealing. Not that I'm anywhere near the point where I can make use of it just yet...
Old 2011-09-26, 06:13   Link #140
EdenB
Overlord

Item world question for anyone who knows. One of the trophies requirements is to get a....

Spoiler:

Also does anyone know how to unlock LoC? [Edit - This one was answered - thanks!]

Are pirates used for anything in this Disgaea (like previous one where you needed to steal the maps from them) or is it just a random occurrence to unlock your own pirates and make things more difficult? [Edit: I just found out, some pirates drop pirate ship parts at least]

I am liking this Disgaea's systems. I like the story too, but I think it could have been better.

Last edited by EdenB; 2011-09-26 at 09:18.
EdenB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nisa, trpg