Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-16, 07:48   Link #421
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Episode 3 = superb animation and battle scenes. No problem on the way it's been directed. As expected of the staff. And here I thought there won't be fan service on the episode but after the ending song you will see it. Fear is this series version of Index. She is really a collection of torture weapons.
Spoiler for 03:

Superb episode. I can't wait for more.
I would put my thoughts on this episode, but you pretty much took the words out my mouth

Absolutely cracking episode - and the 'fanservice' right at the end of the episode made me crack up. Utter brilliance.

As tsunade said, I can't wait for more of this.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 09:28   Link #422
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*faceplam*

Kha, you really are...
Working as Intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Lol, Beatrice vs. Bernkastel in a another universe. xD
(・∀・)つ⑩ ALL MY MONEY...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Oh goodness... I'm laughing too hard from this post That was perfect MeisterBabylon
/bow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I...don't get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exthiel View Post
Bondage themed mecha ala Gurren Lagan

Though a Chou-Sado Girl is fine too.
Old 2011-10-16, 10:09   Link #423
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

While I had absolutely no problem with the "genre shift" in episode 2, as a lot of foreshadowing and the series premises were present to prepare the audience for that, Episode 3 left some awkward impression regarding the continuity of the story progression.

Spoiler for Ep3:

A good episode, but I really hope they won't just stitch things together, but actually make a good progression overall (not related to genre shift at all).
By the way, Peavy/Fear confrontation was certainly complimented by outstanding performances by Yukarin and Ohara, which would actually match certain scenes in umineko
I wish Yukarin would get more deep/serious role, instead of just loli/moe stuff.
Old 2011-10-16, 10:29   Link #424
elior

i sure there will be more action like the one we seen in episode 2 and 3 since that boy who was healing the blond women hand said they send anoudher knight
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 11:37   Link #425
ookamigirl

Nice episode with lots of action.
Fear sure got out of control... & had a severe identity crisis.
OK episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 18:09   Link #426
DorkingtonPugsly

Pretty heavy episode for just episode 3. It probably felt more right in the novel but oh well, I still liked it. I'm really astounded that they've done such a good job with the animation quality, it was smooth. I also really liked Fear's cute expressions when she was being carried. I did also enjoy the little fanservice we got at the end there, lol it was nice.
Old 2011-10-16, 20:03   Link #427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess this answered alot of the "What kind of weapon is Fear?" question that we have from last week... And the answer is- EVERY KIND

We know of the Iron Maiden already, but I just assumed it's a giant coffin that she wields around- quite ingenious to see it being used as a morning star with a capturing function. The second is the Catherine Wheel (I think, can't tell with the subs), similar to the Iron Maiden but with the function of grinding the bodies. I remembered someone mentioning that she probably have chains to pull them in- I guess now we know for sure. Someone guessed wrongly with the drill though

They did left out one bit from the Novel where they went into details on why Fear snapped when she heard Haruaki scream- She was used to torture a friend to death before- It's quite a gruesome and sad tale though and I can see why they left it out.

Haruaki certain scored points with me after this- Anybody can pick up a sword and swing, but the way he didn't hesitate with what to do tells he that he's the reliable type. As for Fear, it's been awhile since I've heard Yukarin voice a main character, but she definitely haven't lost her magic, the way she portrayed Fear's range of emotions is amazing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 20:05   Link #428
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow the ending of episode 3 . I have to give fear full points, just about the best combination of words to create the greatest misunderstanding possible . Think that's more effective than her curse of cold that she used near the end of the episode.

Damn crazy fight from Fear though. Goes to show she's got some insane weapons ready for use. Did not expect her to bring out the guillotine . She would have taken that woman out if she didn't have support. Though she did take off one of her arms which is pretty effective in limiting her threat. Also get to understand her personal trigger. For Konoha blood is huge and for Fear it's about screams.

Not too surprised Fear was ready to just dump herself into the ocean and be lost for a long time. Not only did her past get shown off, but she showed how frightening she could be and attacked Haruaki.

Does make you think about what happened to that one guy she cared about. Unleashing those tortures on that one special person to her....

Good points for the characters all around. Really got to understand Fear more and care for what she's been through. Haruaki stepped up and did what he had to in order to bring her back. Konoha left a good message to help Haruaki understand things. Close call for Kirika as well, but she held together fine and called Haruaki.
Old 2011-10-16, 20:39   Link #429
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow the ending of episode 3 . I have to give fear full points, just about the best combination of words to create the greatest misunderstanding possible . Think that's more effective than her curse of cold that she used near the end of the episode.
In a way, it's a kind of torture I guess...

Quote:
Does make you think about what happened to that one guy she cared about. Unleashing those tortures on that one special person to her....
Spoiler for Left out of the Anime:

Quote:
Good points for the characters all around. Really got to understand Fear more and care for what she's been through. Haruaki stepped up and did what he had to in order to bring her back. Konoha left a good message to help Haruaki understand things. Close call for Kirika as well, but she held together fine and called Haruaki.
As if Kirika couldn't get anymore suspicious, her reaction to Fear's Drill attack was well beyond 'taking things in stride'.
Old 2011-10-16, 21:07   Link #430
FateAnomaly

No kidding. If she is really just a normal person then she must have guts of steel.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 21:09   Link #431
Dark Wing

Quote:
Spoiler for Left out of the Anime:
This is most likely the main reason for her break down near the end of the episode all the memory was replaying in her mind.
Old 2011-10-16, 21:18   Link #432
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
As if Kirika couldn't get anymore suspicious, her reaction to Fear's Drill attack was well beyond 'taking things in stride'.
It does make you wonder though. If she was a cursed tool you'd think she would have done something more in her own defense. Could have ended pretty badly if Fear hadn't snapped out of it. Besides suspicious or not think she handled nearly getting drilled to death pretty well .
Old 2011-10-16, 21:25   Link #433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't think she's a cursed tool though, call it a gut feeling but I think she's probably a member of another society that has a vested interest in the cursed tools.

Peevey mentioned a number of them last episode;

[Gathering of the Knight's United-Front Jurisdiction]
[Yamimagari Pakuaki-Laboratory Chief's Nation]
[Draconians]
[Bivorio family]
Old 2011-10-16, 21:45   Link #434
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Fear was so awesome. Wonder if we'll get to see all of her curses. Nice job by Haruaki to bring her back. Lol at the ending with Konone and the class pres.
Old 2011-10-16, 22:40   Link #435
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
No kidding. If she is really just a normal person then she must have guts of steel.
that or she knows not to flinch at something unusual... should she be unusual herself.

pretty sure Haruaki's main weapon is normally Konoha, but for bigga things, Fear can be absolute tho...

also...
the madness in my mind is asking....

how DID Haruaki clean Konoha when she's in Katana mo- no no no. NO.
Old 2011-10-16, 23:08   Link #436
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
that or she knows not to flinch at something unusual... should she be unusual herself.

pretty sure Haruaki's main weapon is normally Konoha, but for bigga things, Fear can be absolute tho...

also...
the madness in my mind is asking....

how DID Haruaki clean Konoha when she's in Katana mo- no no no. NO.
Those questions should be left to the imagination.

Spoiler:
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-16, 23:34   Link #437
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberasian View Post

Spoiler:
It's just a flesh wound
Old 2011-10-17, 00:04   Link #438
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
It's just a flesh wound
Besides she's still got one arm left. A good reference though since I could see her crawling after her opponents trying to bite them to death. Considering she can bite through that metal gauntlet she was using I'd actually be worried about that .
Old 2011-10-17, 00:43   Link #439
EroKing

Episode 3

Some uncensored Niku?

Lost an arm? No problem, have a smoke.

Funniest thing was the episode going from

to

and best part of this week being

Freebies of teh week~

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-10-17 at 01:45.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-17, 02:06   Link #440
elior

Quote:
It's just a flesh wound
Quote:
Besides she's still got one arm left. A good reference though since I could see her crawling after her opponents trying to bite them to death. Considering she can bite through that metal gauntlet she was using I'd actually be worried about that .
you wrong that blue hair kid was take her to their hideout and heal her right arm beside anoudher knight will come to fight with her
elior is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen