Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-12-15, 18:52   Link #41
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
That doesnt make sense, if there was really such a hot demand for the psp they couldve easily allow people to only order one psp, the "no preorders" strategy is clearly a publicity stunt to make huge lines, its way too ovbious.

Yet if nintendo did it you would be screaming how brilliant they are for pulling such a great thing.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 19:37   Link #42
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Yet if nintendo did it you would be screaming how brilliant they are for pulling such a great thing.
I find it funny how Sony fanboys always think their superior to any/every other type of fanboy out there...

Sony fanboys are the worst kind ever...never accepting any kind of bad critisizm/reviews/etc/etc about their precious Sony products and just mock everyone and everything else to make it seem as if all other products are superior...as we've all seen from DekaMaster
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 19:51   Link #43
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
I find it funny how Sony fanboys always think their superior to any/every other type of fanboy out there...

Sony fanboys are the worst kind ever...never accepting any kind of bad critisizm/reviews/etc/etc about their precious Sony products and just mock everyone and everything else to make it seem as if all other products are superior...as we've all seen from DekaMaster
hehe... well, almost all fanboys fit in that category, there are clear examples of fanboys that go to the extreme of annoyance, as DekaMaster, whos argument can be summarized like this "Nintendo and its fanboys suck and I hate them"

The psp has his manufacturing issues, but I suppose it can be said the same about any other electronic product. How many units are defective compared to the good ones? I suppose we'll never know, all we can do is especulate on what we know, and what we know is that Nintendo products are known for its durability while sony consoles seem to have a lot issues. At the end is just pure speculation anyway.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 21:02   Link #44
SlugZilla
woofles

Quote:
Well, he's got a point there.
SlugZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 22:52   Link #45
DekaMaster
Banned

I love how you guys assume I am a sony fanboy because I make it a point to defend them from Nintendo "NINTENDO RULES ALL" people. I am in it for the games. if you guys were slamming the Game Gear I would be on you as well. You don't like sony,you don't like the PSP you enjoy bitching about anything that comes from sony. If you hate them so much ignore them and ignore their products.
Old 2004-12-16, 00:14   Link #46
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Quote:
I love how you guys assume I am a sony fanboy because I make it a point to defend them from Nintendo "NINTENDO RULES ALL" people.
You mean just like:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyes
err.. Let me clarify the statistics a bit.
Nintendo shipped 300 000 units on its first day (For Japan)
They sold 230 000 units on its first day (Japan)

PSP shipped 200 000 units on the first day
PSP sold about 170 000 units on the first day

Nintendo afterwards shipped more and sold half a million in 4 days
PSP didn't breakt the 200 000 mark yet yesterday which is the 4th day.
YAH FOR FANBOYS
How you say I was a fanboy when all I did was state out facts and statistics?
The irony here is delicious.
Oh just before you trash talk and call me a biggot misleading people in my reputation area because I was telling the turth anymore(Whoever you are)
Let me stick the facts right here. So that you can't say my facts are BS.
http://ds.ign.com/articles/572/572039p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12...s_6114959.html
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=4601

Last edited by RedEyes; 2004-12-16 at 00:46.
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 00:56   Link #47
arias

Quote:
You mean just like:

Oh just before you trash talk and call me a biggot misleading people in my reputation area because I was telling the turth anymore(Whoever you are)
No need to be all so fiery.

There is a *slight* incompleteness in your statistics quoting, in such that Sony didn't manage to sell more than 200 000 PSPs within the first four days because there ARE only 200 000 PSPs produced. On the other hand, Nintendo's first shipment of the DS was much more than 200 000 (I do not know the exact figure).

Therefore, the comparison seems a little unfair. In terms of percentage sales, I believe you'll see them very close to each other; with both systems being more than 90% sold. If there were more PSPs in the market, there is reason to believe, given the brisk sales experienced on its launch day, that much more PSP units would have been sold. I'm not pointing this personally against you, but it is true that your display of the data, although *factually* accurate, does not give a complete picture of the situation.

I am no Nintendo or Sony fanboy. Just waiting to see what happens; the DS providing a whole new world of possibilities for game development and the PSP offering traditional handheld gaming on steroids. I have a feeling that the DS might win, and if it does in the long run, it offers us a peek into the future of gaming.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 01:13   Link #48
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Well I agree that I don't give a complete picture, but the statistics were originally correcting someone else's post because he said Nintendo sold more than 600k in the first day.
I just wanted to clarify on the statistic a bit. But realizing that if I give the first day sales people would have another huge debate about portion/% of the shipments. So instead of only giving the first day sales, I gave both their 4th day sales. So that everyone is satisfy with whats happening.
Then someone goes and marks my posts and starts insulting me in my user cp, so that's why my previous post was a little bit harsh and I apologize for that.
Old 2004-12-16, 08:54   Link #49
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
At the end is just pure speculation anyway.
I don't know if hundreds of reports and facts with pictures are just speculation...
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 13:08   Link #50
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
You mean just like:

http://ds.ign.com/articles/572/572039p1.html
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/12...s_6114959.html
http://www.digitmag.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=4601

That you bring in a word like "Bigot" shows you have no grasp of reality. And as I was told if you don't like the reputation thing.. Turn it off.
Old 2004-12-16, 14:49   Link #51
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Quote:
That you bring in a word like "Bigot" shows you have no grasp of reality. And as I was told if you don't like the reputation thing.. Turn it off.
I don't care about the reputation thing, I just feel if someone has no guts to prove me wrong, that he have to resolve in insulting me through that thing, he's just very weak and immature. So that's why I brought out his insult into the board, so he can insult me DIRECTLY instead of being a coward.
Old 2004-12-16, 15:52   Link #52
AnimeFangirl

Now, now people, calm down and don't fight about little things like this. It's just a video game, okay? Just a video game.
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 20:45   Link #53
mantidor
the Iniquitous

Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
I don't know if hundreds of reports and facts with pictures are just speculation...
oh, I was talking more about my personal experience, since Ive never seen a damaged ps2, but then again Ive never actually seen a ps2, so all I have is my own experience with Nintendo's products, which quality is outstanding, and all the internet reports of damaged and faulty sony products. Anyway until this date Ive never seen a report about the percentage of damage units vs normal units, which is the only clear indicative and the only real way to compare the quality of one product against another.
mantidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 22:13   Link #54
DekaMaster
Banned

So you have never used a Sony system but you take part in threads that are started to bash them. Makes all the sense in the world
Old 2004-12-17, 01:21   Link #55
Archaic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorfl
*wonders what Archaic is doing in Nagoya this time of year*
Studying for my finals in Japanese, Japanese Economy and Japanese Society. I *do* live in Nagoya (for now at least) afterall.

I suppose it's not really surprising to hear about the larger lines in Tokyo. I have the feeling the situation may have been the same in Osaka. Nagoya's a bit more laid back than the both of you. It's entirely possible that the main releases could have been somewhere in the Sakae or Osu districts also, in which case I could easily have missed them. (Actually, now that I think of it, I was in Sakae earlier that day too and didn't see a thing, so Osu if anything. Plenty of electronics and games stores in that area, though none the size and prestige of Bic Camera I would've thought) In any case, while I'd certainly say their media coverage was a success that Nintendo should perhaps consider with its next system (Making sure that they can satisfy all the demand on the 2nd day with extra shipments of course), though it may just be easier to point out the figures and promote its massive pre-order program to the gaming media better next time. In any case, it'll be an interesting match of systems. While I admit to preferring Nintendo, the PSP has many features I do like. However, the poor battery life, and the fact I already have those features from other products which I'd be carrying around with me normally (All lightweight and with long life rechargable batteries), discourages me going out and getting the PSP for the extra features alone. At this point, as far as I'm concerned, they don't have a killer ap for the system. Nintendo don't quite yet, but it's on their release schedule. No second guesses for what game will be selling those systems within the next year or so.
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 01:57   Link #56
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
Studying for my finals in Japanese, Japanese Economy and Japanese Society. I *do* live in Nagoya (for now at least) afterall.

Just wondering because I know one or two people studying at Nanzan U. Good luck on those pesky exams. ~_~
Old 2004-12-17, 02:00   Link #57
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

I won't buy one of them I don't travel that much. I have 2 buy around 10 games for my ps2 and GC in a year so I'm gonna let them Handheld bulshit slide. Yes I am a Console-fanboy (PC to btw)
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 03:09   Link #58
RedEyes
Beware of the Red

Err.. I don't want to start another argument, this may seem bad for the PSP...
but here's an update of what's happening so far
http://psp.ign.com/articles/574/574098p1.html?fromint=1
They better fix all these when it comes to US...
Old 2006-07-31, 00:58   Link #59
Tokimemofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Ironic that a site obviously bias to Nintendo talks about a site's bias against Nintendo

Anyways, the PSP's issues have been well documented and has stated that for the time-being, there were no planned changes until the first revisions of the PSP is completed, which will probably be either very late 2005 or early 2006.

The battery life thing, that's standard flair for Sony's portable products...I believe it's mainly due to the fact they use some sub-standard batteries to power a lot of their products.

It should also note, I guess I could be classified as a Sony fanboy since 99% of my electronic equipment is Sony :P But even I know that Sony tends to have good electronics after they work out the kinks
and sony has alot of kinks
like betamax, mini-disc and other trash but my ps2 hdd is still good for FFXI
Tokimemofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-31, 04:02   Link #60
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokimemofan
and sony has alot of kinks
like betamax, mini-disc and other trash but my ps2 hdd is still good for FFXI
Just because concepts didn't catch on didn't mean they weren't superior products. Take Mini-Discs, would you like to have CD-quality sound that can fit in your pocket without the fear of scratching the discs? I mean think about it, this was the predecessor to the iPods and a great help for portable MP3 players.

Blu-Ray is still something to be seen, there are quite a few audio-/videophiles out there that MUST have the highest definition equipment. I know of one that even went as far as to buy DVD-Music players just so he can have it. Of course, if you have the money to burn for these things, then fine.

Honestly though, was there a need to bump up a thread that is pushing 2 years old to state the obvious?