AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-21, 21:39   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Yup, and Fukuda even said the whole point of Gundam Seed Destiny is to explore why people fight wars. And of course, he mentioned the Iraqi War as well as the Palestinian conflicts as two main influences for it.
Old 2004-12-21, 21:54   Link #22
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Yup, and Fukuda even said the whole point of Gundam Seed Destiny is to explore why people fight wars. And of course, he mentioned the Iraqi War as well as the Palestinian conflicts as two main influences for it.
blue cosmo is headed by a bunch of racist fudamentalists who want to kill off anyone / group different from them because they think they are the only right and true way human can exist.
USA is headed by a bunch of christian-right fudamentalists who want to change the state and the world to see things from their christian eyes because they think they are the only right and true way human can exist.
I do see some parallel in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
I don't see why such little details would be seen as "repetitive" since so many elements in GSD has been "borrowed" from Zeta, ZZ, a few other gundam shows, and even Macross. And of course, the entire storyline of GSD so far has been a near mirror image of the 9/11, and the War on Terror.
again, not everything in the world relates to america and 9/11, war on terror and international conflicts didn't happen all of a sudden because america got attacked. There are a lot of past world events and scenes/stories extended to the anicent time that would inspire gundam and other stories about war.
In a historic point of view, the war of terror and the 9/11 event are dull and simple compared to ancient scenarios from more memoriable era.
No offense to americans, but trying to compare gs/gsd to bush's glorious "war on terror" isn't very good since there are better ancient historic events where a bigger race/group war occurred.
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 00:16   Link #23
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
again, not everything in the world relates to america and 9/11, war on terror and international conflicts didn't happen all of a sudden because america got attacked. There are a lot of past world events and scenes/stories extended to the anicent time that would inspire gundam and other stories about war.
In a historic point of view, the war of terror and the 9/11 event are dull and simple compared to ancient scenarios from more memoriable era.
No offense to americans, but trying to compare gs/gsd to bush's glorious "war on terror" isn't very good since there are better ancient historic events where a bigger race/group war occurred.
First off, let's not call Gulf War 2 "bush's war" or anything brash. In the future's history books, it'd likely be called the second coming of the Gulf War. That is all. And perhaps "War on Terror" would be a better term also.

I know that similar kinds of wars have been raged in the past, but the similarities are almost exact with the events in GSD and in the American war against terror.

-Terrorists attack a nation and inflict heavy casualties (relatively speaking)
-The attacked nation warrants warnings and demands to nations that presumably helped foster such an attack
-The attacked nation launches "Shock and Awe" attack. This was pretty much like how the Earth Federation launched a pre-emptive nuclear strike on ZAFT.

Not many wars started with acts of terrorism followed by a pre-emptive attack like the ones in Gulf War 2.

I'm not talking about ALL war scenarios in general. Just the circumstantial aspects of the wars. And the similarities are all there. It's not about being American-centric or anything here.

I know I'm ranting, as there's been a few other posters who pretty much said the same thing.

Last edited by SuperKnuckles; 2004-12-22 at 00:33.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 12:55   Link #24
Halie

I think I`d rather see the flash system used rather then the Mobil dolls..
we saw so little of that in GX..plus being ccordataters they should be able to handle it..
IMHO mobil bits>mobil dolls
Halie is offline   Reply With Quote