AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-25, 01:11   Link #18461
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

He must REALLY not like Heavy Object to resort to redo-ing old Index volumes
Old 2012-05-25, 03:50   Link #18462
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

He's only doing volume 1 for consistency sake because some readers on a certain website has been complaining non-stop. If they want to complain about translations from 1 and 7-13, we'll just see if they can do better. Basically, I get the vibe that a lot of (outspoken) people wants him to retranslate the volumes he hasn't done, since the general complains are directed at 1-13. He doesn't like to retranslate things though.

I'll be doing 12 next month and 13 in July.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:52   Link #18463
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
He's only doing volume 1 for consistency sake because some readers on a certain website has been complaining non-stop. (I just feel like my translations' being hated here) He doesn't like to retranslate things though.

I'll be doing 12 next month and 13 in July.

Is this about using British English again?
Old 2012-05-25, 04:00   Link #18464
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Is this about using British English again?
When you're asking most of the readers on a certain website (mostly American) to choose, they'll definitely choose their champion's translation over this website's 'champion's translation. Partly said in jest here. The issue is that even in the original LNs, the writing only starts to improve during the attack on Academy City with less terminology explanations used at that point. Even I can't sugarcoat things and shorten them. You can't start with carbon/diamond and end up with gold. For the British English part, I've more or less given up due to my schedule (unless I start working on it after I clear my schedule. And people are hounding me for SAO )

I'm fine with anyone retranslating 7-11, but do understand that js06 and I have agreed that we won't be doing them.

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2012-05-25 at 04:12.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:01   Link #18465
tsunade666

why must they be contented on what they have and keep on pestering other people for something which is surely stupid >_> I can't understand their thought process.
Old 2012-05-25, 05:48   Link #18466
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
why must they be contented on what they have and keep on pestering other people for something which is surely stupid >_> I can't understand their thought process.
This isn't as bad as some parts of the SAO fanbase though...
Old 2012-05-25, 06:09   Link #18467
tsunade666

sigh........ idiotic people >.> really

I feel bad that bt had turn into something different or rather the people's view of bt turn different. It all started with dxd for all I care. With the dxd start of translation and lots of new people comes in. You can notice it in the year they join and the place they start. At first, I go to that thread but when fans start asking for summary like in a hurry and I defend that they shouldn't demand it but the translator said it's fine... and I even said that they should be milder. At that point I don't care anymore and do what you like. And even in fb you can see the question again and again that where is the update? and bt having their sweet time on translating. Its not like BT is a translating group to begin with!!!! gruu frustration >.>

I don't care anymore. off rant and go to playing again.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:21   Link #18468
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, it's all because of Toaru Majutsu no Index, methinks.
I mean, what other light novel series had the privilege of having EVERY SINGLE PUBLISHED VOLUME (yes, that includes sidestories) translated AND retranslated?

Horizon was only translated because of the anime series, and it's gathering dust, mold and cobwebs until the second season arrives.

Index pushed the bar of translating dedication to a bar that cannot be reached by the current mentality of Baka-Tsuki of "translate at your own pace".

It just can't be helped, I guess.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-05-25, 07:33   Link #18469
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I mean, what other light novel series had the privilege of having EVERY SINGLE PUBLISHED VOLUME (yes, that includes sidestories) translated AND retranslated?

Horizon was only translated because of the anime series, and it's gathering dust, mold and cobwebs until the second season arrives.

Index pushed the bar of translating dedication to a bar that cannot be reached by the current mentality of Baka-Tsuki of "translate at your own pace".

It just can't be helped, I guess.
...Just feels that it comes back to bite me for some reason...

I've quit translating SAO as a result (don't these guys remember how I quit Index the last time or something?)
Old 2012-05-25, 08:44   Link #18470
desrtsku
Nympholept

Well, it's understandable why you guys won't do those ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Just feels that it comes back to bite me for some reason...

I've quit translating SAO as a result (don't these guys remember how I quit Index the last time or something?)
Then what do you plan to do (/translate) now?
Old 2012-05-25, 08:46   Link #18471
Sumeragi
Banned

I'll say this: There is this absurd sense of entitlement on part of the consumers. Frankly, we should be paying the translators, not bothering them with requests.
Old 2012-05-25, 08:59   Link #18472
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
With the dxd start of translation and lots of new people comes in. You can notice it in the year they join and the place they start.
Lol, I thought I was the only one to notice that

Indeed, it seems that more and more people are flocking towards those Harem Light Novels that don't even have Animes yet... Or haven't even been announced either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

I don't think so thought, most of them don't seem to care about Index enough to notice all 30-ish translated series.

They just dive straight for the most Harem-ish title with their preferred illustration arts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'll say this: There is this absurd sense of entitlement on part of the consumers. Frankly, we should be paying the translators, not bothering them with requests.
*shrugged*

Kids, whatcha going to do...
Old 2012-05-25, 09:47   Link #18473
Ashaman

So what's so good about DxD that it brought so many new people in?
Old 2012-05-25, 09:59   Link #18474
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Nothing really; it's a true Harem series with a perverted protagonist, and that's about it for me.

But hey, we all have our 'first', so I figured this is just their 'first'.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:26   Link #18475
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ your first time sure is important and it's where you start a whole new experience in your life, so it's sure their first time looks amazing for them ... But if you want to start drinking why starting with cheap beer when you can drink luxury wine?!
Old 2012-05-25, 10:28   Link #18476
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Having watched only the last episode of the anime, I would say that the male lead having some balls for once probably helped.
Old 2012-05-25, 10:40   Link #18477
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Having watched only the last episode of the anime, I would say that the male lead having some balls for once probably helped.
And this is different from which other action Light Novel series again ?
Old 2012-05-25, 10:46   Link #18478
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And this is different from which other action Light Novel series again ?
How often do you have a non-dense harem master who actually does something? Such a combination is rare.

Heck, even Touma isn't one of those rare heroes: He's "dense".
Old 2012-05-25, 10:57   Link #18479
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
How often do you have a non-dense harem master who actually does something? Such a combination is rare.

Heck, even Touma isn't one of those rare heroes: He's "dense".
Mah I'm not one to comment since I didn't read the LN nor have I watched more than the first 3 episodes, but it seems that the translation for 'Non-dense' these days seems to be 'perverted' And somehow that in turn translate into 'have balls'.

But like I've said in my first post, it's a true Harem series with a perverted protagonist, by which it means he wants this harem.
Old 2012-05-25, 11:04   Link #18480
desrtsku
Nympholept

Please, Kazuto too's got some balls and is not that dense ... and he's proven that ... both ... and literally

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen