AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 08:41   Link #661
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am starting to think that the squirrel stole all her attacks from Gensokyo. She's completely nuts.

Remilia's Scarlet (or rather, Garnet, a red gem) attacks + Marisa's Master Spark = Garnet Spark? And all those spellcards are so......danmaku-ish.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:10   Link #662
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am starting to think that the squirrel stole all her attacks from Gensokyo. She's completely nuts.

Remilia's Scarlet (or rather, Garnet, a red gem) attacks + Marisa's Master Spark = Garnet Spark? And all those spellcards are so......danmaku-ish.
You have a point there....but hey Becky plays video games, so maybe she has played some Touhou, that'd be amusing really...

Loving how all the heros pet their leaders~ (well Nanami hasn't yet...)
Becky sure was forward as heck there to Cinque about his harem though

Becky + couvert are an adorable combo!
FlavoryFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:26   Link #663
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Becky was more powerful than i thought she would be. Though as expected Galette won this time. Lol Becky trying to find out who Shinku likes.
Old 2012-07-22, 09:54   Link #664
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I'm just as surprised as anyone that none of the girls are jealous of each other(over Sinku).

Either Rebecca is overpowered or just because of her debut only. Defeating both Nanami and Sinku and managed to defeat a princess with no training/practice???
Actually, this is just another way this resembles Nanoha A's: we have a new group with their own heritage coming in, with devices that store highly-concentrated (or "crystallized") power to be released at any time. It's a technology the others don't have, and while they're still powerful, they can't handle that level so easily. Thus, even though Becky was too inexperienced to truly turn the tides and win the day, she was still powerful enough to be fearsome on the battlefield.

There's plenty of things that bear a certain resemblance to A's. Of course, maybe because of the A's girls being 9, certain things were never present on that one.

Also, I was surprised that Becky is actually a game freak. And I definitely didn't think she'd be big on shooters. She's right though, as with many heroes, Cinque has set far too many flags for just his second play.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 10:43   Link #665
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Becky stole the show even till the end. Look at how she grabbed Sink's pants.
Seriously, one of those Gundam Musou game would be so fitting with Dog Days cast. I can almost feel something like that coming up...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:12   Link #666
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Becky stole the show even till the end. Look at how she grabbed Sink's pants.
Seriously, one of those Gundam Musou game would be so fitting with Dog Days cast. I can almost feel something like that coming up...
Yeah, be fun to run/fly around taking down countless soldiers that, when defeated, poof into the little plushie furballs that fly off the screen, having talking between the characters, support from non-fighters, commentaries from the announcers, and so on.

And when you fight an opposing main character, when you defeat them, special little strip shot! XD
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:15   Link #667
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, be fun to run/fly around taking down countless soldiers that, when defeated, poof into the little plushie furballs that fly off the screen, having talking between the characters, support from non-fighters, commentaries from the announcers, and so on.

And when you fight an opposing main character, when you defeat them, special little strip shot! XD
So... where do I preorder this game?

Although I fear my playstyle would be to rush to the enemy commanders and try to defeat them just to strip them-

*is shot*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:17   Link #668
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So... where do I preorder this game?

Although I fear my playstyle would be to rush to the enemy commanders and try to defeat them just to strip them-

*is shot*
Sadly, you'd only get to do that on some missions as, if it were done in a Dynasty Warriors-style of game, you'd usually have to complete certain objectives (usually simple stuff; capture fields, defeat X number of soldiers, rescue someone, etc) before the commander(s) shows up.

Oh well, at least their defeat will give you incentive to fight as hard and well as you can, lol.
Old 2012-07-22, 11:22   Link #669
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Sadly, you'd only get to do that on some missions as, if it were done in a Dynasty Warriors-style of game, you'd usually have to complete certain objectives (usually simple stuff; capture fields, defeat X number of soldiers, rescue someone, etc) before the commander(s) shows up.

Oh well, at least their defeat will give you incentive to fight as hard and well as you can, lol.
Well, if I have to go through all that, then the amount of points I earn at the end should net some unlockable bonuses... like H-

*static*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:24   Link #670
Sumeragi
Banned

*Cleans up the mess*

Men, when will they ever learn.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:24   Link #671
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Well, if I have to go through all that, then the amount of points I earn at the end should net some unlockable bonuses... like H-

*static*
"Huh? A Dog Days game rated M? Why? It looks so cute and awesome!"

*news just a couple hours later reports a sudden spike of death by blood loss all over the world*
Old 2012-07-22, 11:26   Link #672
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
"Huh? A Dog Days game rated M? Why? It looks so cute and awesome!"

*news just a couple hours later reports a sudden spike of death by blood loss all over the world*
The Swedes were asking why they didn't get to have the game; it is just a Starship Troopers parody of a little puppygirl right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Cleans up the mess*

Men, when will they ever learn.
*cuddles up to Ricotta while petting her*

What?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 11:34   Link #673
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Either Rebecca is overpowered or just because of her debut only. Defeating both Nanami and Sinku and managed to defeat a princess with no training/practice???
It's not "power" exactly, it's more speed, maneuverability, and fighting-style. None of the other folks are really trained or equipped to fight the way she fights, so she could run right over them because they didn't know how to counter her. However, just as they can't easily fight on her level, she can't fight on theirs. If she were to try the melee combat, or even the pure crest cannon beam-of-war approach that Nanami and Cinque used, they'd almost certainly mop the floor with her. I'm confident things will even out once everyone has time to get used to Becky's capabilities.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:25   Link #674
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Who knows. From how I see it, the introduction of Becky is going to usher a whole new arms race where Rico shall stop this nonsense by getting high explosive rounds with timer,FCS, along with better optics! The Biscotti armed forces will finally get on with it and use shock troops armed with magical beam spray guns and holy hand grenades! It'll be glorious! Can't wait to see light magical field guns being towed to the battlefield to pound at Squirrel lines.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 13:31   Link #675
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Who knows. From how I see it, the introduction of Becky is going to usher a whole new arms race where Rico shall stop this nonsense by getting high explosive rounds with timer,FCS, along with better optics! The Biscotti armed forces will finally get on with it and use shock troops armed with magical beam spray guns and holy hand grenades!
So you want the girls to stop having these acrobatic fights where they can show off their moves and instead just stand there and point guns at people? I think Eclair would be devastated that you've just dismissed all her training as obsolete.
Old 2012-07-22, 13:35   Link #676
neco411

I loved season 1 so much and so far just up to ep3 and I can't stand it anymore! blatant fan service with the real sexual explicit transformation for Rebecca to all the new hero’s gaining full control and level of their powers within what amounts to 5 - 30 min of training... for me this anime has become a complete farce. It’s like playing a game with a god mode cheat on and getting affectively bored of it within 5 min of playing. I can't even get throuhg 1/2 of ep3 withought getting so agitated that I just stop the video and move onto something else more enjoyable.
neco411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 14:43   Link #677
Justin_Brett

>taking Dog Days that seriously

That's like watching Last Action Hero and judging it as a straight action movie.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:04   Link #678
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neco411 View Post
I loved season 1 so much and so far just up to ep3 and I can't stand it anymore! blatant fan service with the real sexual explicit transformation for Rebecca to all the new hero’s gaining full control and level of their powers within what amounts to 5 - 30 min of training... for me this anime has become a complete farce. It’s like playing a game with a god mode cheat on and getting affectively bored of it within 5 min of playing. I can't even get throuhg 1/2 of ep3 withought getting so agitated that I just stop the video and move onto something else more enjoyable.
The transformation scene was odd, certainly, but if you think this series didn't have fanservice in the past I have to ask what you were watching. Likewise, perhaps you should go back and see how quickly Cinque gained control of his powers. The only difference this time is Nanami had a previous hero to get examples from, and Cinque still had to tell her how to activate her power gear. She could already do the athletic stuff before she ever entered that world. As for Becky, I'd say she's actually using her equipment on default settings right now. She has a basic understanding of how to use it, but little else. She wasn't actually doing anything complex, if you think about it. She just flew and threw some cards at people. We haven't seen her activate her crest power or anything that requires real use of that world's magic.

In short, I think you're judging these episodes against an ideal that didn't actually exist the way you seem to think it did. I just watched the entirety of the first season of Dog Days last night, and I can say with some confidence that this beginning is very much in the spirit of the first season's beginning, just with less "these battles are serious business" atmosphere and no "how do I get home" angst.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:35   Link #679
neco411

I'm not saying there was no fan service, season 1 had nice suddel almost innocent fan service... this is like going "When did I start watching some hentai movie" moment.
As for season 1 yes he acquired basic knowledge of his abilities through the first combat that even I thought it was too convenient, after all if it’s that easy to get power and skills why bother summoning anyone at all since you could prob do it yourself. But in earnest it did take him up to ep 5 to gain everything and its hinted in series 1 that a certain ability to gather all the magic as well as endurance to do and maintain abilities. That’s something Cinque built up during his first visit there that should not be readily available to new heroes that have spent less than 1 - 2 hours in this new world.

Cirque and Nanami skill wise are very close, Cirque only lost to her in the competition from season 1 by only a few seconds. With all the battle experience he gained from his time in season 1 he should have passed her by at least a little.
neco411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:45   Link #680
Enternal

Actually Cinque would not pass her that easily. If you remember about the last episode in S1, the person who he practices with is Nanami herself. Therefore if he improved, so did she.

In terms of how the new heroes are so good, Nanami already have all the athletic skills that Cinque has and possible plus some more. She also have the benefits of Cinque giving her tips on how to use the more advanced techniques. Plus, she learned how to use the cannon seal by Leon. In addition, she is shown to be quite intelligent and knows how to use techniques just by listening to explanations by others. Unlike Cinque who had to learn most by himself, Nanami have him to explain it. In Beccy's sense, she's not that great athletically but she does have the benefit over the others due to her type of magic user she is. She still have not use any seal magic if you pay attention this episode. She only used her basic magic that is associated with an aerial mage just like how Shinku and Nanami use a staff.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, sports