AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-16, 19:53   Link #2481
Key Board
Carbon

ok..

let's just settle that she's a daughter of someone important

anyway.. I have a theory on who the next VVV pilot will be. His token male friend is a good guess, but I'm guessing it will actually be A-Drei

and it will happen because L-Elf will want to test a theory to see if "outsiders" can be pilots
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:56   Link #2482
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Episode 4 it was souridaijin (prime minister) and now it's daitouryou (president). It's just silly how they can switch like that.
Maybe in JIOR the same person holds both offices... which would be fitting for a multinational union like JIOR where they used to have both titles.
Old 2013-05-16, 19:56   Link #2483
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
R.I.P. Senator "Moses" Figaro
I actually think it’s great that he died early. I find his character annoying and has the potential to be as bad as Jona Roma Seiran from SEED Destiny. Someone earlier mentioned that he can be the “Ali al Saachez of Valvrave”? Not a chance.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:00   Link #2484
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
ok..

let's just settle that she's a daughter of someone important

anyway.. I have a theory on who the next VVV pilot will be. His token male friend is a good guess, but I'm guessing it will actually be A-Drei

and it will happen because L-Elf will want to test a theory to see if "outsiders" can be pilots
Actually, I would think that of anyone else on his team (especially Q-4), but not A-3. It is clear from episode 2 that L-11 really cares for A-3 as a friend/brother, especially from the look on his face when he says that he could never hurt A-3 when Saki says that he "shot" him.

I think that L-11 will leave A-3 out of his plans because of their friendship, at least until the end of his revolution plan, which probably has to do with A-3 since he is a Dorssian prince (though it doesn't look like a high ranking one).

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:02   Link #2485
Key Board
Carbon

I have the impression that L-Elf has no friends, and A-Drei is just a one sided stalker

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-05-16, 20:03   Link #2486
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

@Nayrael I would like to see what they do with her character. I definitely find her character interesting. This episode, particularly the development of Saki's character is interesting to say the least. I like some parts of what they did and now that I've had some time to think about her past, her behavior is justified. Just need to see where it goes.

On another note entirely, I think glasses girl is gonna be the next to bite it. Maybe she tries to pilot one of the Raves but isn't worthy.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:04   Link #2487
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually, I would think that of anyone else on his team (especially Q-4), but not A-3. It is clear from episode 2 that L-11 really cares for A-3 as a friend/brother, especially from the look on his face when he says that he could never hurt A-3 when Saki says that he "shot" him.

I think that L-11 will leave A-3 out of his plans because of their friendship, at least until the end of his revolution plan, which probably has to do with A-3 since he is a Dorssian prince (though it doesn't look like a high ranking one).
On other hand, L-11 strikes me as "End justified the Means" type of guy. Even if he likes him as a brother, there is a chance he disposes him in case he threatens his goals.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:07   Link #2488
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Where are ppl getting the Orange unit from?

If it's from the OP, isn't it just Unit I + Harakiri?

Still hoping for Haruto + harem of vampire mistresses!(ignoring L-Elf)

Yellow - Vice Pres (Takihi?)
Blue - Shoko or Akira
Purple - Akira or Shoko....................Wait.....is Akira a girl?

Unit II - L-Elf
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:09   Link #2489
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
On other hand, L-11 strikes me as "End justified the Means" type of guy. Even if he likes him as a brother, there is a chance he disposes him in case he threatens his goals.
that would be very lelouch of him
Old 2013-05-16, 20:09   Link #2490
~BC~

I liked Saki before but she may just become my favorite. Call me crazy. I was actually concerned that her "jack" shenanigans would go into some pretty uncomfortable territory but they kept it light and we got some pretty hilarious scenes from it. Also that moonlight silhouette with the cape, and "Carmilla".

I thought they made it clear that there's an emptiness within Saki that she's trying to fill with the idealization of fame. Cliched as hell, yes, but not as shallow as some are making it. Rather than crazy I think she was just really high on the power she just acquired. She literally had to get knocked back into reality. No, she can't die but damned if those impact shots don't hurt. What if she gets caught? What if she fails, again? Hopefully, she realizes sooner than Haruto that she is still very much human.

I like the way they do the segments with the Sakimori students. Individually they're not that developed but the school body as a whole has sort of become a character in itself. Probably why I'm finding them fun to watch despite wanting to see more of the Dorssia team.

And thank goodness it looks like L-Elf will be coming back into civilization next week. Wonder what will happen to A-Drei? Does he even have permission to be out there?

I was tempted to make a Prince of Egypt reference but that seems too easy. I'll miss that douche.

Last edited by ~BC~; 2013-05-18 at 00:55.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:15   Link #2491
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Still wondering if A-Drei came by his own will, or part of Cain's "next plan"?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:17   Link #2492
~BC~

I have a feeling the two things are separate. A-Drei looked like he had it in his head already to go and do something against orders when he had that talk with the others about why he was excluded from the mission. Wouldn't put it past Cain to take advantage of his desperation though.

Quote:
L-11 continues to be my favorite character in this entire show, and shows his mental prowess as he has figured out about the Valvrave's powers, what happens to the pilots, that there is a certain kind of person that can be a pilot and that the entire Sakimori school has quite possibly been set up to train capable pilots.
He also seems to have set up Saki coming down there as well as Haruto since he is using her as an experiment. It seems for L-11 everything is going according to plan.
He clearly has the place bugged. The only thing that might have required mental prowess was figuring out the connection with the students but that's an easy enough conclusion to draw.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:19   Link #2493
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Still wondering if A-Drei came by his own will, or part of Cain's "next plan"?
its probably a little of both, cain planned to send someone to infiltrate the school again and A-drei volunteered to do it
Old 2013-05-16, 20:21   Link #2494
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just can't help but go HHHNNNNGGGG when Shouko knew without doubt that it wasn't Haruto who posted something that uncharacteristic of him via the net. THAT is the ideal osananajimi level of understanding right there.

What I'm really surprised about is that Shouko is also the one that snapped Saki out of her scared shitless state. Good thing it wasn't Haruto as that would be bad news for me, but more than ever, I don't think Shouko will ever pilot a VVV as most likely she will be just the emotional support for everyone fighting.

Overall, this episode wasn't nearly as entertaining as some of the previous ones (no earthshattering plot twist for one), but it made up for it via the mecha battles (of which was seriously lacking last episode).

Very sad though, as this is the last episode of Boku Ja Nai as the ED. Hope the next one is at least as good as it. (BTW, anyone got a preview of the new ED uploaded somewhere? I'm dying to hear it)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:22   Link #2495
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Where are ppl getting the Orange unit from?

If it's from the OP, isn't it just Unit I + Harakiri?

Still hoping for Haruto + harem of vampire mistresses!(ignoring L-Elf)

Yellow - Vice Pres (Takihi?)
Blue - Shoko or Akira
Purple - Akira or Shoko....................Wait.....is Akira a girl?

Unit II - L-Elf
I'm 90% sure Yellow goes to Thunder, considering it's

a) an heavy artillery unit that seems to fit his personality
b) has another name called hi-kaminari / thunder-blaze

Blue is an archer, so if we follow your typical Japanese high school cliches. Archery club = girl

Purple seems like a special snowflake unit. Either L-Elf, after he finally decides that it's safe to make a contract with one, or Shoko.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:26   Link #2496
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Maybe Satomi will end up piloting the blue unit.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:29   Link #2497
~BC~

I could see Mr. Fabulous being into archery. Plus it having high defense and long range capabilities would work with his personality. Of course, something big would have to happen for him to willingly place himself in that position. Not sure if immortality would be enough.

Quote:
Just can't help but go HHHNNNNGGGG when Shouko knew without doubt that it wasn't Haruto who posted something that uncharacteristic of him via the net. THAT is the ideal osananajimi level of understanding right there.
I loved this deviation. It always annoys me when the one person who should know the hero inside/out refuses to even consider that maybe they or others were mistaken. Just for the sake of drama.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:35   Link #2498
Allium
Keep on keeping on

"I feel like a bird! Wait, I'm a vampire now...so that makes me a bat!"

This episode had a lot of Saki, but I have mixed feelings about her character now. I think her going "I want to be famous!" all the way cheapened her a lot. Even if she ends up gaining more fame, I have a feeling that sooner or later she'll have to pay a hefty price for that. On the other hand, green Valvrave had a pretty nice debut.

And damn, Moses Figaro! That was a rather anticlimactic end. In that situation, I don't think he could've pulled off a Shoko...

Even if this episode wasn't as good as the previous ones, it still leaves me awaiting for the next; Cain's obviously got more things up his sleeve, and seems like A-drei will appear on the stage soon.
Allium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:43   Link #2499
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I actually think it’s great that he died early. I find his character annoying and has the potential to be as bad as Jona Roma Seiran from SEED Destiny. Someone earlier mentioned that he can be the “Ali al Saachez of Valvrave”? Not a chance.
I liked the Senator due to how ridiculous he was. That Moses line really summed up how ridiculous and stylish the series could get and he was such garbage as a human that it was funny.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 20:45   Link #2500
mistress_kisara

Episode 6

Damn, Saki just turned into a wackjob :heh, A-drei infiltrates the school to kill L-elf. I hope to see the next pilots of the other Valvraves.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire