AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-12, 21:00   Link #1441
Anime-fan10

So, 5 years going by is a long time. For Chisaki to go through 5 years w/o any of her friends from the sea must've been really tough. I'm sure she's grown strong as that time has gone on. I like that Hikari came back in the last episode and I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone reacts to his return. He and Miuna are now around the same age so that's also interesting, although he's her uncle now so that's weird, haha. Meanwhile, Chisaki is 5 years older than Hikari and I'm sure her feelings haven't changed, since Tsumugi made that comment. At the same time, if Manaka returns (which I expect her to at some point towards the end), she'll be the same age as Hikari as well. A lot of interesting stuff going on!
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 22:02   Link #1442
Moeterum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Just a friendly warning to certain users: tone down the shipping. While we don't mind healthy discussion of romantic pairs, we have no tolerance for shipping.

Thanks!
Thing is, this whole show is ABOUT shipping...
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 22:11   Link #1443
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
But that does not mean people have to obsess on it and get "militant" about what they would like to see.

It is obvious that this is what Solace is asking of everyone in the thread (and very gently I might add), so please just listen to what he requests simply instead of responding with replies like this, okay? Thanks. ^^
Old 2014-01-12, 22:25   Link #1444
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeterum View Post
Shipping and romance is part of the show, but by no means the entirety of the show.

The series is also also about the impending global crisis and equally a friendship, coming-of-age story (ala AnoHana) and I suspect that this is going to take even bigger role given the timeskip and age differences of the characters.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 01:23   Link #1445
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
T_T

*sighs*

Not liking one of the developments...though most of them are fine.
I hope Manaka comes back soon and something happens with her and Tsumugu. It's odd how she's barely in the opening at all but she's all over the ending.

Miuna's new hair style is soooooo cute. Lol, she went straight to Hikari like a boss. XD

I have not been able to predict ONE thing about this show. Not one. Well, except that everything was going to hell with the boat drift ceremony...but, that's a given. Everybody was just SO happy and optimistic...you knew it was going to crash and burn in the worst way. :'(

This is the most difficult show to wait for per week!
Old 2014-01-13, 01:49   Link #1446
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

What if we have a 2nd time skip with Manaka returning after everyone's old and gray or dead? We see the paper planes in the ED but no one else. Just Manaka frolicking alone.
Old 2014-01-13, 04:21   Link #1447
leorodri100

that would be too painful to watch, don't forget uroko-sama is still alive, he shows in the OP
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 05:44   Link #1448
kira22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime-fan10 View Post
So, 5 years going by is a long time. For Chisaki to go through 5 years w/o any of her friends from the sea must've been really tough. I'm sure she's grown strong as that time has gone on. I like that Hikari came back in the last episode and I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone reacts to his return. He and Miuna are now around the same age so that's also interesting, although he's her uncle now so that's weird, haha. Meanwhile, Chisaki is 5 years older than Hikari and I'm sure her feelings haven't changed, since Tsumugi made that comment. At the same time, if Manaka returns (which I expect her to at some point towards the end), she'll be the same age as Hikari as well. A lot of interesting stuff going on!
after 5 years who were under the same roof, after what happened in the 13th episode (when tsugumu was drowned) in fact why Kaname was thrown, after which there is a difference of 5 years, yet I hear that Chisaki feelings for hikari ....
PS: Do not you forget what happened in the 12th episode, when Chisaki told that he was in love with hikari hikari who was in love with Manaka, in the end she put a lid on tutto.ma what you looking at? and then the character will have a sense of Tsumugu with this anime .... with who he's going to end up with Miuna or sayu? ridiculous.
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 06:41   Link #1449
Arya

Here my theory as things have been working 'til now.
Basically so far who confessed his feelings sank his ship hardly.

Kaname confessed them twice and he got soft-NTR'd by Tsugumu, hit by a giant cemented pole, hibernated, and meanwhile his beloved grown 5 years older living alone under the same roof with the guy she had feeling for, become a beautiful young woman leaving him a kid. Quite dreadful.

Hikari also declared himself, thanks to Kaname, and his beloved sank hitting hard the bottom of the sea and is still MIA.

Chisaki did it too, and she has been left alone, without her parents and her friends. His beloved got hibernated leaving her growing into a beautiful young woman. (She got it lesser because her confession was more like a let-it-go confession).

So, the only persons who didn't confess are Manaka and Tsumugu. Manaka most probably became a Goddess and Tsumugu instead started living alone with the kid he supposedly had a crush on, all his contenders disappeared and that cute kid grown into a beautiful young woman (yes, this part is recurrent a-ha ).
By the way, apparently Tsumugu didn't become a God as Manaka only because nobody confessed to him.

So surely if we can infer something it's that it is better to not confess.

But now Miuna is in a dangerous position. If before it is debatable (due to her age) she got to live under the same roof with Hikari for this rule, things changed this last episode since she didn't confess directly, but said it aloud. So, unfortunately for her, I think that she will be ruled out on getting Hikari. But without any other consequences at least. For the same rule, since she stopped that guy to do it the same, he is still safe and has still chances with her.
In any case, surely never confess twice!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 07:20   Link #1450
Anime-fan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira22 View Post
after 5 years who were under the same roof, after what happened in the 13th episode (when tsugumu was drowned) in fact why Kaname was thrown, after which there is a difference of 5 years, yet I hear that Chisaki feelings for hikari ....
PS: Do not you forget what happened in the 12th episode, when Chisaki told that he was in love with hikari hikari who was in love with Manaka, in the end she put a lid on tutto.ma what you looking at? and then the character will have a sense of Tsumugu with this anime .... with who he's going to end up with Miuna or sayu? ridiculous.
Yes, Tsumugu and Chisaki did spend 5 years together under the same roof, but her feelings for Hikari are very strong and I don't think she's let go of those feelings. She even refused to go see the Tomoebi because all of her sea friends weren't around, especially Hikari. She may have feelings for Tsumugu, but I don't think she's going to have anything romantic develop with him until she finds some sort of closure with Hikari and perhaps until Hikari can find some sort of closure himself with Manaka.
Anime-fan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 09:01   Link #1451
kira22

Quote:
Yes, Tsumugu and Chisaki did spend 5 years together under the same roof, but her feelings for Hikari are very strong and I don't think she's let go of those feelings. She even refused to go see the Tomoebi because all of her sea friends weren't around, especially Hikari. She may have feelings for Tsumugu, but I don't think she's going to have anything romantic develop with him until she finds some sort of closure with Hikari and perhaps until Hikari can find some sort of closure himself with Manaka.
does not make sense at the end of the 12th episode, Chisaki puts a lid on it with hikari , in fact told him that she was in love with hikari who loved Manaka ,
at the end of the 13th episode when tsugumu ends up in the sea, Chisaki shouts his name and dives to save it and then hugs him , Kaname seeing everyone understands that Chisaki feelings for tsugumu fact you throw in the fact view.For of her tomoebi there goes all his friends because too many memories come to mind , in fact, since their small gurdavano always in the village .
Now back to the earlier remarks , it is normal that after five years Chisaki svillupato has something for tsugumu , can not go up that is in love with a person who has 5-6 years younger than her, and then what will take the place of Chisaki 5 years ago (ie in love with hikari ) will Miuna .
for me she did not want to declare for many reasons
1st: it may be that she is satisfied that all the people who are close to the suffering as it happened to Kaname and his grandfather
2nd: it may be that she is confused by everything that has happened ....
and then the character will have a sense of tsugumu ? the only person who knows that he is the same age chisaki.prima or later something will happen?
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 09:37   Link #1452
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by leorodri100 View Post
that would be too painful to watch, don't forget uroko-sama is still alive, he shows in the OP
Of course Uroko's still alive, being part of the sea god, I'm assuming his pretty much immortal.

Quote:
I do think she needs closure as to what happened to her friends, but I don't think that this is completely because of her love for Hikari. First off, when she confessed she already knew it was a lost cause because of Hikari's love for Manaka and even told him so, saying that she knew he wouldn't return her feelings but she was just glad to be able to tell him.

I don't think she's as in love any more with Hikari as Tsumugu seems to think, no more than Manaka was as in love with Tsumugu as Hikari thought. This may hjave been a strong crush that she had for Hikari as a kid/preteen, but she's spent most of her older/more mature years with Tsumugu at a time where one get's a better idea about love and responsibility an such. I think Hikari might have been her crush as a child, but Tsumugu is the one that she loves as an adult. However, until she figures out everything with her missing friends and sleeping family, she's probably not thinking about a romantic relationship right now.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 11:03   Link #1453
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Of course Uroko's still alive, being part of the sea god, I'm assuming his pretty much immortal.
Yeah, aside from the sea god somehow dying off I can't see how anything could really happen to Uroko. Though I do wonder if this means every sea village out there has their version of him?

Quote:
I do think she needs closure as to what happened to her friends, but I don't think that this is completely because of her love for Hikari. First off, when she confessed she already knew it was a lost cause because of Hikari's love for Manaka and even told him so, saying that she knew he wouldn't return her feelings but she was just glad to be able to tell him.

I don't think she's as in love any more with Hikari as Tsumugu seems to think, no more than Manaka was as in love with Tsumugu as Hikari thought. This may hjave been a strong crush that she had for Hikari as a kid/preteen, but she's spent most of her older/more mature years with Tsumugu at a time where one get's a better idea about love and responsibility an such. I think Hikari might have been her crush as a child, but Tsumugu is the one that she loves as an adult. However, until she figures out everything with her missing friends and sleeping family, she's probably not thinking about a romantic relationship right now.
I'm personally not sure how much of those feelings remain. Would probably lean towards your side though, whatever romantic feelings are still there (if any) probably aren't nearly as strong as Tsumugu would believe. She was certainly moving on by the point all that chaos broke out. Not sure if him disappearing from her life entirely for 5 years made that process easier or more difficult.

The big thing with Chisaki really is that everyone she knew pretty well was lost overnight. Not sure if Kaname is even still alive after what happened, not knowing what happened to Manaka or Hikari, and getting cut off from the village as a whole. While Manaka is unlikely to show up any time soon the return of some familiar faces will be good as a whole. Though tough that the one who wanted things to change the least is now cut off from her friends to some degree by the passage of time.
Old 2014-01-13, 19:03   Link #1454
deadite

you think Uroko-sama will have a bigger role this half?
deadite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 19:56   Link #1455
ices
Working Hard

As we see in the preview, next episode title gonna be The Protector of Smiles

Going by that title, I think we'll get a focus around Hikari again. Can't wait for the episode to air.

Well, about the discussion around Uroko-sama, I wonder how Hikari, Akari, Chisaki, and another cast think about him now. Is he still considered as the protector of the village, or is he gonna be hated? Afterall, the one that stir the accident five years ago was Uroko sama, didn't he?
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 20:34   Link #1456
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I think Chisaki had more or less given up her feelings for Hikari before and certainly showed by her actions that she had feelings for Tsumugu. And I think Tsumugu already had more feelings for her than for Manaka. He never showed me special feelings for Manaka, but he did for Chisaki. So if there really was no romantic development in the intervening five years Chisaki and Tsumugu were living together, I think the writers have not actually followed the logic they had previously set up.

As for Manaka, she definitely liked Tsumugu -- he was the first person she ever had romantic feelings for, it appeared -- but once she began to see Hikari as a guy, there may have been some shifting in her heart. That isn't how I saw her "I'll tell you afterwards," but it's possible. Personally, I kind of expect her to return as the Queen of the Sea.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 20:36   Link #1457
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
As we see in the preview, next episode title gonna be The Protector of Smiles

OMG Hikari stop being so adorable
Old 2014-01-13, 21:22   Link #1458
deadite

Hikari will probably beat himself up because he is the one who instigated the Ofunehiki. I also realized that they are watching the Tomoebi in the key visual in the homepage
deadite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 23:11   Link #1459
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I think Chisaki had more or less given up her feelings for Hikari before and certainly showed by her actions that she had feelings for Tsumugu. And I think Tsumugu already had more feelings for her than for Manaka. He never showed me special feelings for Manaka, but he did for Chisaki.
That's not exactly true; he stroked Manaka's cheek and called her beautiful.

..........guys don't do that to just friends, do they?

Quote:
OMG Hikari stop being so adorable
Dat little grin.
Old 2014-01-14, 00:08   Link #1460
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, aside from the sea god somehow dying off I can't see how anything could really happen to Uroko. Though I do wonder if this means every sea village out there has their version of him?
I'm actually not sure, but I actually think so. Way in the beginning, Tsumugu or one of the other land kids asked them of they had ever seen a certain person in their village, to which Hikari basically said "Oh, you mean, Uroko-sama?" So, since their seems to be a common title for his role, I'm guessing there are probably more like him. His job is the watch over the village and as Hikari says "make sure they don't do any thing stupid like the land people did", so I'm guessing that each village has one. Also, he was only putting people to sleep in that one village, I'm guessing since they are all asleep now, there has to be others like him doing the same in all the other villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Well, about the discussion around Uroko-sama, I wonder how Hikari, Akari, Chisaki, and another cast think about him now. Is he still considered as the protector of the village, or is he gonna be hated? Afterall, the one that stir the accident five years ago was Uroko sama, didn't he?
Well, actually, they can't really blame Uroko, because as he said, he's "only a scale". It's the sea god who is responsible. The sea people are pretty much his children and he's protecting them from the ice age calamity that ended up befalling them because they had begun to ignore him and become indifferent. He's doing what he thinks is right. Uroko is more like the servant or conduit that follows his commands. And since he is also part of the sea god, his main focus is also to protect the people.

The kids might be angry for what happened but he pretty much already told him everything that mattered. He didn't tell them that the sea god would react to a live sacrifice because he probably knew how turned off they would be, which is why he constantly discouraged the whole ceremony. But other than keeping that from them, he told them that they would be hibernating for some years, and it wasn't his fault that they all got separated from each other. That really was just up to circumstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, I kind of expect her to return as the Queen of the Sea.
I think so too. As weird as the scene was, you know from what Uroko says, that the sea god has had and has lost the love of his life before and has known love, which was why Uroko said he understood what Hikari felt for Manaka. Also, the way Uroko also said that Manaka smelled good in the very beginning, now has a little more meaning at this point.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen