AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-11, 16:47   Link #421
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I find the "web" picture to be better looking.
It might seem that way because it's out of model, and the right model for this series isn't so pretty.

That been said, it's clear the BD picture is an improvement on quality, and if they keep that up for all the episodes, it will make a huge difference.
Old 2014-09-11, 17:52   Link #422
minaku
Princess of Hades

Wow, they have redraw almost every single off-model frame in episode 2, even in distance. At least they will be watchable.
Old 2014-09-13, 17:47   Link #423
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 05

I am saying this episode pull out many good developments concerning a few general tropes about the show.

Makoto's depression was executed in a believable way that made me care very much for her as a character and her broken heart.

Sailor Moon words came as a sort of revitalization for Makoto to snap out of her depression, and I liked at how Sailor Moon spoke out from experience after her many interactions with Makoto to know her deeply as a person, avoiding the typical cliché of the magical-girl speech that loves wins everything.

Furthermore, I praise the new stories and subplots that only happen in the manga and were adapted into the second TV show. The subplots that introduce Makoto's (a.k.a. Sailor Jupiter) character between the two anime are so different, speaking as a moonie veteran.

So, we have now that Sailor Moon is to become the Senshi leader, and, at least, Nephrite experienced vaguely familiar feelings witnessing at Sailor Jupiter.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:46   Link #424
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

I still don't get why this has a bi-weekly airing instead of the usual weekly schedule. The wait makes me so impatient X_X

But I decided after a while of putting it off I'd get back into the game, so I'm now caught up and awaiting the next episode. And boy, I can't stop hearing Matoi Ryuuko in Makoto. I'm still shocked that Koshimizu Ami can go from a high-pitched voice (i.e. Hibiki in Suite Precure) to something so deep and guttural. Not that that's a bad thing, it isn't, but a seiyuu's vocal range can be pretty damn impressive.
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 06:41   Link #425
minaku
Princess of Hades

Episode 06
Another well done episode, minus some strange artwork, not wonky, just strange. Otherwise, very intense, beautiful and well adapted. I like it very much. And there was even an updated opening. Good job, Toei ( Can't believe I am saying that)
Old 2014-09-20, 06:45   Link #426
AntonKutovoi

You know, if Nico Robin had asked me to find a Legendary Silver Crystal, I think I'd obey as well

My reaction on Tuxedo Mask taking Usagi to his house:

"Normally, one would call an ambulance or ask for help from one of the nearby residents, but this particular boy decided to carry the unconscious, innocent girl... and where the hell are you taking her, bastard?"
-Kyon.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2014-09-20 at 07:11.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 07:38   Link #427
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Last episode reminded me of things I adore Usagi for. This episode by contrast highlighted some reasons I find Usagi- and in particular the UsaMamo combo- intolerable.
I guess that makes her a reasonably well-rounded character, but man, she truly is at her worst whenever Mamoru is involved.
And I wish the cast woud stop praising her for/letting her get away with it.

Now, for the best part of the episode: attack sequences!!! Yasss! Not sure I'm fond of the choreography, but I sure do like the animation for them. None of that eye-cancer inducing ghetto CGI! It was pretty! A welcome change from the first transformation that ever made me say "please don't" in response to the girl's "let's transform"

Lots of super awkward but surprisingly amusing poses and questionable shots- what was up with the fixation on mouths and boobies? And that averted panty shot when Mamoru was carrying her xD Usagi got an F in physics, hence her skirt does not follow the laws of it.

Quite a good episode overall, though plot-wise one of the weakest and boring for me so far- unavoidable, since I'm not particularly fond of the corresponding chapter either.

Oh and that shot of V... so cool! How I (still) wish Naoko had kept her as the lead character. If only...
Old 2014-09-20, 08:29   Link #428
GDB

I'm going to go the other way and say this was an absolutely horrible episode. I haven't read the manga, but did they cut out like a third of the chapter or something? First, they're at the arcade and it's night. Then there's some special broadcast that hypnotizes everyone during the day, they decide to instantly regroup, and suddenly it's night again?

Then the other three show up to fight Zoisite, and he had just activated the energy drain. It's collecting stuff, they're glaring at each other like heroes and villains do, and then suddenly Ami proclaims that they've shut it off and it stops. What? When and how and what?

And Beryl was a total moron. Oh no, you knocked out my knight so I must flee now. Despite the fact that none of you can fight back anymore, and I was clearly more powerful than you to begin with.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 08:33   Link #429
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 09:12   Link #430
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I'm going to go the other way and say this was an absolutely horrible episode. I haven't read the manga, but did they cut out like a third of the chapter or something? First, they're at the arcade and it's night. Then there's some special broadcast that hypnotizes everyone during the day, they decide to instantly regroup, and suddenly it's night again?

Then the other three show up to fight Zoisite, and he had just activated the energy drain. It's collecting stuff, they're glaring at each other like heroes and villains do, and then suddenly Ami proclaims that they've shut it off and it stops. What? When and how and what?

And Beryl was a total moron. Oh no, you knocked out my knight so I must flee now. Despite the fact that none of you can fight back anymore, and I was clearly more powerful than you to begin with.
Not exactly rushed, but they actually changed things from the manga, which in turn dampened some of the flow of the story.
Spoiler for changes:
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 09:14   Link #431
GDB

I can see how that'd be less exciting, but I'd rather have the episode make sense than turn into a Michael Bay film.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 09:27   Link #432
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

^ I agree with you actually. The story might have sounded better in the anime writer's script, but the results didn't turn out to be so nice to some viewers. And I'm speaking as someone who is overall pleased with the added differences in the previous episodes (and also how Crystal does its story as a whole), but some things in the episode this time struck me as odd, like GDB pointed out.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 11:55   Link #433
HandofFate

episode 6 done.

Feel like its been a while since Sailor Moon got her full transformation, and was the one to finish off a villain, so it was nice to see again. And a new move/power up to boot.

Liked that I guess she accepted her role as the de facto leader.
I liked that before in the first series, people were like "lol i'm mercury, take this bubble attack"
But in this episode, it showed she's the smartest at it. She was the only one to actually do anything to the bad guy by redirecting her water, even if it only resulted in making zoicite wet lol.

I agree, the time sense and flow of the episode was confusing, events jumping into the other.
Especially with Tuxedo Mask declaring he's committing crimes to find the crystal (what crimes?)
And then the lolplan of Zoicite to hypnotize the townspeople to find it in their closet, lol.

Tuxudo Mask kidnaps Sailor Moon back to his apartment and rapes her again, lol.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:36   Link #434
sergel02

Hold up. She just told Tuxedo Mask she's the leader of the group but can't do much to help them, then 3 minutes later she says she can't transform in front of him because he'll find out she's Sailor Moon. Huh? Luna also revealed her secret identity when she was yelling at him a couple episodes ago. I guess Tuxedo Mask has that kind of effect on you.

The pacing felt really wonky this episode, so I didn't like it as much as the last one.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 15:14   Link #435
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 6

Well, not bad but not a terribly good ep either.

They did change around a few things from the manga, but the ep on the whole made some sense and had some consistency at least. Sorta.

Always liked the "Moon Escalation" attack for some reason, and it was nice to see it again here. ^^
Old 2014-09-20, 20:24   Link #436
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I don't know how this plays out in the manga, but this episode was dumb.

One minute Usagi admits that she can't hack it, next minute she's 'OH NOES I CAN"T CHANGE IN FRONT OF TUXEDO MASK'

I know it's supposed to be destiny and stuff, but sometimes TM and Usagi are sweet together, other times, like this episode, it's....odd.

The only thing I liked was the fact that Usagi finally accepted her role as leader, despite the fact that she was ready to dump the Sensis' asses because they're suspicious of TM.
Old 2014-09-20, 20:36   Link #437
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The artwork is at least getting better.

Still, Usagi was especially bad this episode. Just leaving the other senshi out to dry.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 01:14   Link #438
minaku
Princess of Hades

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I don't know how this plays out in the manga, but this episode was dumb.

One minute Usagi admits that she can't hack it, next minute she's 'OH NOES I CAN"T CHANGE IN FRONT OF TUXEDO MASK'.
This is more or less due to poor translation. Usagi tells him she is supposed to be the leader of a certain team (no the team), but she doesn't feel fitting for this role. They translated in a way that implies she is talking about "the" team of the sailor senshi, which is not the case, so there was not a script error.

But when the girls confronted Zoisite, they were untransformed and he recognized them as sailor guardians. I found that one odd... Why did they confront the enemy untransformed in the first place? And why Zoisite recognizes them so easily, even before they transform
I watched the episode again today and I hate the way they draw Usagi's eyes in most of the scenes through the episode ( they were oblong instead of round as they are supposed to be). It is nothing like the bad artwork in episodes 2-4, it is just a strange tendency. But the are some wonderful frames like this one :
Spoiler for image:

And last but not least, we haven't seen Minako properly yet, but we heard her voice. Lol, she has the sweetest voice ever, love it. Sounds so Minako, can't wait for her.

Last edited by minaku; 2014-09-21 at 01:50.
minaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-21, 01:37   Link #439
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Looks like I won't get Sailor Venus proper until episode 8.
Old 2014-09-21, 02:36   Link #440
Sakuya
*Artist

This episode was pretty strange but there's so much development! I'm pretty impressed that they made the changes in the opening and there is less off-model frames like in episode 2. Are they listening to fans' feedback?

But I'm guessing because there's less off-model frames in this episode, they accounted for in weird shots. There are lots of close-up on mouth and eyes, it feels as if they put in easy to animate close-up shots as filler because they didn't have time to finish drawing the real thing. It feels familiar to me because I've done it for school when I was under a tight deadline... The worst scene was when Usagi almost fell from no energy only to be caught by Tuxedo Mask, it was just a mess of shots. Not to mention the sequence is a bit odd as well (who are you giving your punish-you lecture to when there's only Tuxedo Mask next to you? ). I'm eager to see what they do to this episode on the blu-ray.

But I really like how things will get way more exciting from here on. Usagi will start to mature and the pace will really start to pick up like in this episode. Can't wait!
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahou shoujo, remake, sailor moon