AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-02-01, 21:14   Link #1681
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Yeah, but it seems to hit a breaking point at level 110+ of speed-leveling. I suppose it's to help get you ready for the add enemies of the high-level dungeons.

With the XP Boost - It jumps up to 160+ before it slows down.

Last edited by Hooves; 2015-02-02 at 10:26.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 23:27   Link #1682
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

SO I've started playing the game, Nep-nep is level 8 and I'm just before the event where I fight Noire/Black HEart for the first time, and I keep getting my ass kicked. Any suggestions on powerlevelling for survival?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 00:15   Link #1683
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Reaching level 999 on all characters. I'm now going through my fifth NG+ to finally work on getting the best weapons/armor for everyone. So I can fight the true DLC final boss...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
SO I've started playing the game, Nep-nep is level 8 and I'm just before the event where I fight Noire/Black HEart for the first time, and I keep getting my ass kicked. Any suggestions on powerlevelling for survival?
I would recommend just grinding mobs around until you're level 11-15 and attempt Noire again. I know once you get level 35 (Or level 40-45 if you're having troubles), you can get some serious power-leveling by unlocking Mechtro Factory + Add Enemies plans. Then beating a machine called Herobo, you'll need someone with a magic EXE though for it to work. I will warn you though, he loves to paralyze you.

Edit: Once you reach level 12-15. You can fight the Child Whales in Mechano Factory for a big boost in XP as well. Sorry, I edited some of the level requirements since it was quite some time since I did them. Hopefully it's all correct now.

Last edited by Hooves; 2015-02-04 at 01:07.
Old 2015-02-04, 07:53   Link #1684
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

*Started playing yesterday*

Yeah, powerlevelling seems quite necessary in this game to even have a chance at beating some of the more powerful bosses. Once you get characters to level 25 and the EXE Drives though, the game becomes slightly easier, though powerlevelling is still the best way to ensure you don't get your ass kicked.

Also, is me or do Compa and IF don't have any alternative clothing options apart from their headwear?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 07:54   Link #1685
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

How is this game? Seen it on Steam recently, was thinking pretty srsly about getting it.
Old 2015-02-04, 10:07   Link #1686
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Finished the game yesterday, while the gameplay gets *really* easy later on, early game can be quite daunting (esp since I did not realize I cannot set EX finishers with my mouse until lv30 and did not know how to enter HDD manually, so i was partially gimped). The dialogues are really hilarious and nepnep never gets boring.

Some of my early game tips:
- Buy the +2500 life ring for 5k. That is pretty much the only accessory I really use until maybe the last 2 chapters or special occasions. Redo quests if you must to buy them.

- Always upgrade armor. I just stick to the Vit variant.

- Early game Power attacks are king imo. Dropping enemy guard just isnt worth the effort imo when you can just deal unhealable HP damage head on.

- Early game fight defensively, mid/late game fight offensively. After I got Noire I don't even bother using a healer anymore and DPS zerg things down. Plutia (<3 Iris Heart) also makes a better healer than Compa imo, although the latter get grp heals. As healing items are cheap, it is better to just zerg things down and use healing items to heal imo.

- Once you unlock EXE attacks, using the final fantasy disc (RPG+Fantasy+Orthodox, 2 of which can be found in MS mountain), spamming rush attacks and then Noire's EXE AoE drive can pretty much take care of most trash. The FF disc should be able to recover around 60-70% of the exe consumption. I equip most of my characters with Rush and Power attacks.

- The various buffs are great for boss fights! Blanc's AoE def buff is also very good vs bosses. Alternatively, Vert can do a grp agi buff and put a tec debuff on the enemy. Noire's exe debuffs the enemy too.

The DLC bear fight took me by surprise x3 (unlocked in ch7 I think). First time I was shocked at how much damage the teddybears did to me. Then I cheesed the fight by wearing lightning resist rings +mag def gear and managed to beat them w/o any problem. The reward is one of the best weapons that neptune can get and it would ruin whatever challenge is left. Not to mention the fight yield far too much xp for my lv60ish party...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 13:28   Link #1687
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
How is this game? Seen it on Steam recently, was thinking pretty srsly about getting it.
In my personal experience, it's simply great. Comedy is great, story is interesting yet cliche in parts which doesn't surprise me. Combat is simply addictive in a way, grinding is a bit real in this one.

One of the few problems I have with this game. Is that it requires you to unlock the Add Enemies plans for dungeons based on what chapter you are on. So if you unlock say one dungeon at chapter 8. It required you to be at chapter 5 to unlock the Add Enemies plan... Really made me annoyed that I had to do another NG+ to just get that one plan.

That's just for those going past 99+ of course. If you're just going to level 99, this game is a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
while the gameplay gets *really* easy later on
Yeah, it mostly does get easy after the early game by a good margin. I suppose that's why they added the Tough Enemies plan.

Quote:
The DLC bear fight took me by surprise x3 (unlocked in ch7 I think). First time I was shocked at how much damage the teddybears did to me. Then I cheesed the fight by wearing lightning resist rings +mag def gear and managed to beat them w/o any problem. The reward is one of the best weapons that neptune can get and it would ruin whatever challenge is left. Not to mention the fight yield far too much xp for my lv60ish party...
I kept that sword for so long... That the only weapon that surpassed it is Neptune's Ultimate Weapon from Noma Cave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Also, is me or do Compa and IF don't have any alternative clothing options apart from their headwear?
Goddesses are the only ones with alternative clothing apparently. Others can only change headwear, and some not at all.
Old 2015-02-04, 14:02   Link #1688
The Green One

The other Makers have alt outfits, it's really just Compa and IF who don't get any.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 15:02   Link #1689
Xacual

Looks like Noire's game is coming to PC too.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis...=Hyperdevotion

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 15:52   Link #1690
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Goddesses are the only ones with alternative clothing apparently. Others can only change headwear, and some not at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
The other Makers have alt outfits, it's really just Compa and IF who don't get any.
Thanks for the replies.

WHY SUCH INJUSTICE AND UNFAIRNESS?!?!?! I didn't think I'd like IF as much as I did before, now she's pretty high up there as my fave Neptunia chara

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2015-02-04, 15:54   Link #1691
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I feel bad for compa and IF since they pale in comparison to the goddesses/side characters with barely any lore attached.

One of the main issue is that they simply lack the right skillset. While Compa arguably have a niche of being an AoE healer (which actually doesn't work as good as people think since it makes your team vulnerable to AoE attacks), she has absolutely no dps potential. As money is not hard to come by, it is better to use the status removal items which comes with a 30% heal rather than her alignment removal skills.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-04, 15:57   Link #1692
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

100% Achievements get! All characters are level 999, and I've gotten everyone's ultimate weapon/armor + CPU Ring for all. Now, I have one last thing left to do for this game... Beat the true final DLC boss... Great to hear the Noire game is coming to PC as well I hope the Idol game also comes to PC.

Edit: So finally managed to defeat the final DLC boss which was quite the challenge. I had quite a bit of close calls there, if I didn't have the red card that instantly restores all HP once you transform to HDD mode. Neptune couldn't take all the damage they were putting without access to items or skills. Then, with the Skill Jammer and Hyperdimension Dogoo down. The Item Jammer apparently went berserk and paralyzed 2 of my members and knocked them down. VIP goes to Rom for getting them both up and healing them back to full. I had to spread everyone in a triangle around the jammer so he wouldn't paralyze 2 at once.

Really close fight here... After the Skill Jammer went down, I instantly swapped Neptune for Nepgear to use her full SP. Constantly switched Vert/Ram to get all those magic damages out. Noire was my starter until the Skill Jammer died and was swapped with Rom. Now I don't want to imagine this fight with Tough Enemies on... I know for a fact I'll be farming for that same red card that instantly heals when switching to HDD form. I honestly couldn't have survived any longer since I had no SP left on Rom. While still having no access to SP Chargers, and the fact Rom is supposed to be my SP recharger.

Maybe I could've put a card to null all stasis ailments. I'll go farm a bit more cards and give Tough Enemies + This fight a shot.

Images

And the prize for this frustrating fight?

Images

I also just beat it again but with Fortify Enemies on. It required me to farm for the Drill red chip in Neo-Geo Frontier + Item Change for all my characters. I once again went with Neptune/Nepgear, Noire/Rom, Vert/Ram and started with Neptune/Noire/Ram so they can try to burst down one of the jammers as fast as possible. They are weak against Fire the most so basically changed all available combos to fire elements + EX Finishers, or Wind since it's the second strongest against them. I had Ram in the back, while I had Neptune/Noire try to position themselves so that the Hyperdimension Dogoo doesn't hit them both. Since he hits for like 25-35k even with Dogoo Defense Lv.5. When they get low, I bring them out to transform out of CPU form, and back to CPU form for full HP/SP which is downright OP. This required some serious luck because sometimes they hit twice. But I was lucky that they didn't hit my low healths that I wanted to heal.

Once the Skill Jammer died again, it was practically game at that point. It's mostly getting that first jammer down is what makes this fight a pain.

So now that I finally finished all the challenges I placed for myself. I quite enjoyed this adventure and hope for even more ports.

Last edited by Hooves; 2015-02-05 at 13:52.
Old 2015-02-05, 20:20   Link #1693
Xacual

Finally finished the game for the first time, probably took way too long farming random items and things when I didn't need to. Now I just need to unlock all the cpu candidates, I at least got their plans in my first game so that shouldn't be too difficult, and get the 100 million achievement which I think is going to be a gigantic pain.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 07:10   Link #1694
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So after taking a break from the game to do my Tenno obligations, I farmed some materials for some plans, and I've got to ask...

How exactly does the Lily Rank system work?

I know what it does, but I can't seem to figure out how the arrangement works so that I know which two characters are growing Lily Ranks together, and online guides on the matter are quite vague.

Old 2015-02-07, 07:19   Link #1695
The Green One

When you pair two charas there's the one who's up front fighting and the one who's supporting her in the rear. The two linked charas will build up lilly ranks slowly, you can use special disks to hasten the process. That's really all there is to it. Just shuffle who's linked with who to build up ranks with each other and use the harem chip to cut down on the time it takes.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 08:15   Link #1696
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Man, I had bought the game, but when I saw the download size I nearly cried: at 7GB there's no way I can finish it in time until the next update, seeing as how they update almost twice a day, if they push another update while I'm downloading, the damn Steam will think I don't have the latest version and will restart my download if I ever pause it (and it takes me days to download games on Steam, no thanks to my internet).

I waited a long time to play this game, I got a Vita thinking I'll play it there only to find out it's coming to PC, and then it's a nightmare to download lol....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 13:29   Link #1697
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
When you pair two charas there's the one who's up front fighting and the one who's supporting her in the rear. The two linked charas will build up lilly ranks slowly, you can use special disks to hasten the process. That's really all there is to it. Just shuffle who's linked with who to build up ranks with each other and use the harem chip to cut down on the time it takes.
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was doing it wrong since I always had Plutia paired with Compa, and yet both of them never raised their Lily Ranks with each other beyond 0.

Though a question: Who do I give the Lily Rank+ disc to? The Front or the Back?

Old 2015-02-07, 14:54   Link #1698
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

You give it to either, but I mostly give it to the front. Never tried giving the Lily Rank chips to the back, but I don't see why it won't work.
Old 2015-02-09, 07:56   Link #1699
SidVicious
Anime addict

First look at Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II’s Next Forms

http://gematsu.com/2015/02/first-loo...-ii-next-forms
Old 2015-02-09, 08:23   Link #1700
Gx Hero
Rambler

Is it just me or is neptune the only one that looks cool in the next gen transformation. Seems like the goddess besides neptune, and Vert are more conservatively dressed.

Please tell me I am wrong. Maybe they represent the current systems Like Blank's arms look like wii remotes a little bit.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx

Last edited by Gx Hero; 2015-02-09 at 08:33.
Gx Hero is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps vita, ps3, rpg