Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-10-10, 19:50   Link #901
amasposu

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
wait, there's a side story manga?
There are two side story manga: Year One and Brand New Day.
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 20:10   Link #902
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
No it won't. It doesn't get much darker than this episode.

No, pretty sure it will cover 3 volumes. Standard for LN adaptations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
3 Volumes is too much content and would be rushed. At best they could get through Volume 2 at a reasonable pace, which is right where the next manga chapter should end.
Yeah, 3 Vol feels rushed. 6 eps for Vol 1, with the climatic battle for the Farm being the cut off point. I think it's best if the anime ends with either Goblin Slayer's words to Sword Maiden or the depiction of the Gods playing DND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
wait, there's a side story manga?
2 actually. Year One details GS's early days in Goblin Slaying, while Brand New Day adapts Vol 4.
Old 2018-10-10, 21:10   Link #903
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

awesome! Thanks for the info guys.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-10, 21:11   Link #904
amasposu

Goblin Slayer Year One - Chapter 16:

Good chapter. He protected that girl and damaged the rock eater. The rock eater looked unbeatable before, but now, they definitely have a chance.
Old 2018-10-11, 05:34   Link #905
Random14

If I had to guess, I'd say two volumes for a decent adaptation. Maybe even just one volume, if they really include a lot of details from the first LN, but I doubt it.

Maybe the ogre battle around episode 3-4, then the big widespread battle to conclude the first volume by say episode 6-7. Then that leaves about five episodes for the second volume. Hopefully not three LN volumes, a really rushed adaptation would just be a waste of the material.

Its crazy seeing all the reactions to the first episode. Well, that's probably the series at its darkest, seeing the fate of many a newbie. There's still quite a few more gruesome battles but the main cast is way stronger so things generally aren't anywhere near as dangerous.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 06:29   Link #906
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I expect episode 2 to follow chapter 3 of the manga with a focus on cow girl and the guild girl respectively (hopefully explaining to the audience the issue with goblins at large). Episode 3 should be that goblin extermination at the elven fortress, ending with the appearance of HEA.
Episode 4 and Episode 5 will probably cover the Ogre arc. From there, they can pad a bit with content from the side story to explore GS and Cow Girl past. Then back to the main plot with the assault on the farm.

I really hope they won't go any further, because the sewers arc isn't really self contained and it doesn't really give a "closure" note for GS compared to the farm arc. OTOH, it does address the goblin origin to a certain degree.
But I expect reactions to finally settled down once we have GS merry party formed for the ogre arc.
Old 2018-10-11, 06:35   Link #907
amasposu

Goblin Slayer Brand New Day - Chapter 5:

Is that really the priestess? I couldn't recognize her at all.
Old 2018-10-11, 07:18   Link #908
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by amasposu View Post
Goblin Slayer Brand New Day - Chapter 5:

Is that really the priestess? I couldn't recognize her at all.
Same here. It took me a while to recognize her. I guess maybe because of the art change or her casual outfit.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 09:06   Link #909
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Same here. It took me a while to recognize her. I guess maybe because of the art change or her casual outfit.
the problem with the brand new day artist is all the characters have the same faces, so you have to go by hair style/clothing, and when priestess is not in her regular getup...
Old 2018-10-12, 02:51   Link #910
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I expect episode 2 to follow chapter 3 of the manga with a focus on cow girl and the guild girl respectively (hopefully explaining to the audience the issue with goblins at large). Episode 3 should be that goblin extermination at the elven fortress, ending with the appearance of HEA.
Episode 4 and Episode 5 will probably cover the Ogre arc. From there, they can pad a bit with content from the side story to explore GS and Cow Girl past. Then back to the main plot with the assault on the farm.

I really hope they won't go any further, because the sewers arc isn't really self contained and it doesn't really give a "closure" note for GS compared to the farm arc. OTOH, it does address the goblin origin to a certain degree.
But I expect reactions to finally settled down once we have GS merry party formed for the ogre arc.
6 episodes per light novel volume ?

Padding out an anime that much is a terrible idea. Especially for Goblin Slayer.

4 episodes per volume will work fine. There are a bunch of more frivolous stuff that can be cut out.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 03:07   Link #911
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Well, it depends how they would do it. Frankly, I found the content of Side Story Day one to be really interesting, since it establish GS past but also how he progressed in his specialty. This will also bring some contrast and parallelism to the newbie adventure; while exposing a bit more his relationship with other characters, notably the spearman.

I personally think going with a bit slower pace for GS wouldn't hurt since the series have a lot to offer, be it the banters or the world building. As much as I like GS McGuyver/Batman antics, cutting through content might be too detrimental (but that's pretty much the case for every LN adaptation anyway).

Ironically, the assault on the farm is the end of volume 1, so my proposition is more drastic than what you imagined
I guess I will simply continue reading to see if vol3 is a good conclusion to the story.
Old 2018-10-12, 09:40   Link #912
moridin84
Custom User Title

The farm is the end of volume one? I was thinking that is was it's own volume and that the sword maiden was volume 3.

I was thinking that all LNs were a standard size but it seems like the volumes of Goblin Slayer were rather large. A third more than the Konosuba volumes at least.

3 volumes might not be practical.

Perhaps like you suggested they some episodes on the prequal manga, or take some stories from volume 4.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 09:09   Link #913
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Perhaps like you suggested they some episodes on the prequal manga, or take some stories from volume 4.
volume 4 timeline is between volume 2 and 3, so it is totally feasible, however, none of the stories fit the mood the TV series want to project, (too happy/merriment) beside, I think the first two volumes are enough materials by itself for 12 episodes.

manga will finish volume 2 at ch.29/book 6, episode 1 took up 2 manga chapters, episode 2 finish manga book 1, so 12 episodes==6 manga books== novel book 2, by cutting a few parts here and there it will fit in my estimation.

Last edited by Hata; 2018-10-13 at 13:42.
Hata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 13:30   Link #914
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

seems like they're averaging two chapters per ep. throw in some filler, and they'll likely end up at chapter 16 for the end of the season, as initially predicted. they lowered the shock value for ep 2 as well.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 14:47   Link #915
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
No it won't. It doesn't get much darker than this episode.
there is still what happen to that all women bronze team in ch2.
Old 2018-10-13, 14:57   Link #916
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, those adventurers were Steel rank, which is 2 ranks away from porcelain. Not exactly noobies, but they are at the top of the low tier. Then you have the middle tier with Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby. Then the high tier Bronze, Silver and Gold. Finally, the legendary platinum tier.
Old 2018-10-17, 16:19   Link #917
LG-MAX 2.o

fortunately, due to the decent quality of the anime (nothing incredible, but nothing regrettable), the manga has already begun to have a boost in sales.

volume 5 sold another 20,788 copies, totaling so far 123,474 volumes sold.

and volume 1 returned to the ranking, selling 13,049 copies, totaling so far 192,895 copies sold.

the volume 2 also returned to the ranking and sold 12,816 copies, totaling 177,133 copies sold.

If the old light novels also return to the ranking, it can be said with certainty that the anime was a success.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...r-8-14/.138281
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 05:08   Link #918
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
there is still what happen to that all women bronze team in ch2.
Plus a few more scenes that was sprinkled throughout the manga and it's spinoff.

[QUOTE=Magin]
Overall, I find GS is a mix of light hearted characters in a gritty fantasy world. Character interactions are mostly quite light hearted while their adventures have very grim consequences. It's fairly well spaced out so the series is more a light fantasy read for me.

If Berzerk is the expresso of dark fantasy, GS is the latte.
Old 2018-10-25, 09:03   Link #919
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Maybe i saw the next hero of the goblins. If the party consists of heroines and take easy on goblins then.. you know what goblins do to them.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-25, 09:34   Link #920
Sixth
Hu Tao

Chapter 29 is out. Same goes for Brand New Day chapter 6.

Sword Maiden is totally into GS. Too bad she was a used good but then, who cares about that.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy